AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 15:43   Link #3001
Seitsuki
Onee!

I actually wouldn't say Shana was a tsundere either. (And >>Taiga, at least for me.) Disregarding the anime which rather exaggerated things she initially didn't even know what love was, went through a bit of a phase then was perfectly straightforward with her feelings for the rest of the series. It was just beautiful to watch.

As for Kirino...well, to be perfectly honest I do believe both Kuroneko and Ayase have more good scenes. Compared to Kirino, many of whose scenes are just her being somewhat stuck up or dishonest, it's initially hard to compare. But the few good scenes she does get, such as in v8, are just so powerful they blow the rest out of the water. I think that's what comes through in the end, the realisation that the bond the two share is so much deeper than all the superficial things you see on the surface. For me anyway.
Old 2013-06-10, 15:48   Link #3002
seangel92

My Tsundere Top3:
1- Taiga
2- Kirino
3- Suzumiya Haruhi

For me.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 15:51   Link #3003
kentasaiba

1- Kotoko Takano
2 - Kirino Kousaka
3 - Reo Kawamura
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 15:51   Link #3004
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Shana has no chance versus Taiga.
I respectfully disagree. I really like them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki
I actually wouldn't say Shana was a tsundere either. (And >>Taiga, at least for me.) Disregarding the anime which rather exaggerated things she initially didn't even know what love was, went through a bit of a phase then was perfectly straightforward with her feelings for the rest of the series. It was just beautiful to watch.
That's true. We could still consider her acting towards Yuuji when she first noticed those unclear feelings as tsundere, by (nowaday's) definition. Whatever, I simply love her.

Spoiler for Shana, duh:
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 15:54   Link #3005
finalfury
Incognito

Shana is the best tsundere. For me, I like Kirino's character design and the fact that after reading "The Taming of the Shrew" these tsundere characters are really easy to handle.
Taiga was enjoyable but I didn't see much character development involving her, more like more relationship development I guess. :/
I'll admit that the drama towards the end of the series made me cringe.
Edit: Well I'll be, after reading the epilogue, now I need to go read Toradora light novels now. =/
Edit#2: I was an Ami shipper back then, so maybe that's why Taiga isn't as memorable to me. That and she has no memorable characteristics other than typical tsundere traits. At least Shana had her flame haze powers. :/

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-10 at 16:11.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:41   Link #3006
Phantom

Why are you guys talking about Tsunderes all the sudden?

On the other hand, in the terms of Tsundere traits, Louise wins by a landslide.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:55   Link #3007
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I really like the way they handled the end of Chapter 3, because it really puts a point on all of Kirino's behaviour throughout the story, and the internal conflict that drives so much of her actions. "Don't mix 2D and 3D" is something she kept trying to tell herself. Whenever she called him "disgusting" for his feelings for her, she was looking right in a mirror. And she "hated" him because she loved him, but he's the one person she isn't allowed to love in that way. So she had no choice but to hate him, because he could never return her feelings -- or so she thought.

Or in other words, from the supposed preface of the Reunion short story:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposedly-leaked Short Story Preface View Post
I have a "secret" that I can't tell anyone.
It's totally precious and beloved, but sometimes painful and annoying.
I've thought so many times of throwing it away... but I can't. I just can't discard it.
Every time I reach for it, it comforts me; it cheers me up; it makes me want to cry. It's that kind of secret.
It's something I just can't do anything about anymore.
Without throwing it away, but also without being a point of pride, it's something I can never tell anyone, and must keep hidden 'till the grave.
And I'm not making excuses...
But what else can I do?
Kirino's secret was never her hobby. Kirino's real secret was her deep-set feelings for Kyousuke. A secret she absolutely, positively, under any circumstance, could never tell to anyone.

And all of this crescendos in to a giant climax at the end of Chapter 3 as she finally has to come face-to-face with the very defence mechanism she's been using to try to hide and deflect her feelings all this time. "Don't mix 2D and 3D." "It's disgusting." "This isn't eroge." "I hate him." "It can never work out." Over and over and over. Until she finally lets go.

"Yes."

(Regardless of whatever ending I expected or whatever else, and despite the fact that the theatrics are dialed to 11, this stuff still renders me a complete pile of sobbing goo in the end. )
Old 2013-06-10, 17:17   Link #3008
protheus
short series addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
And she "hated" him because she loved him, but he's the one person she isn't allowed to love in that way.
I just registered to say this, it was obvious from start, that's why she pushed him away all the time, that's why she was concerned on his opinion about the DVD she lost, the hobby she has, if "he" finds her weird because of that, that was her first concern (notice she didn't ask at first how would people think, but what he thinks). The rest of the storyline was just a long and subtle, but continuous confirmation of this fact.

My opinion alone, but I like judging a book by it's starting point, and what I saw from the start was this.
protheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:24   Link #3009
seangel92

Quote:
Kirino's secret was never her hobby. Kirino's real secret was her deep-set feelings for Kyousuke. A secret she absolutely, positively, under any circumstance, could never tell to anyone.
I am completely agree with you. I hope that they can make emotive scenes with all this feels, that they can make us cry.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:36   Link #3010
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
I just registered to say this, it was obvious from start, that's why she pushed him away all the time, that's why she was concerned on his opinion about the DVD she lost, the hobby she has, if "he" finds her weird because of that, that was her first concern (notice she didn't ask at first how would people think, but what he thinks). The rest of the storyline was just a long and subtle, but continuous confirmation of this fact.

My opinion alone, but I like judging a book by it's starting point, and what I saw from the start was this.
Honestly... this is what I personally felt instinctively from the start as well (my comments from the time are still around...), but it wasn't something that could be proven beyond just a "feeling". And it turns out that she did have reasons for being estranged for her brother that weren't simply her being "tsundere", and she really did have legitimate cause for concern about her hobbies being exposed (and it sure did cause a mess when they were). So there was definitely enough else going on there that, even if you felt like "where there's smoke, there's fire", it was obscured well enough. The hints were actually there (like the album), but it was definitely played in an incredibly sly way by the author. As I said before, though, I think this is the sort of series where knowing the ending clarifies the way everything before should be interpreted. But I won't go so far as to say it was "obvious"; it was done such that, with a little slight-of-hand, it could all be dismissed as "we'll never know for sure". So in that sense, I consider it "well-played".
Old 2013-06-10, 18:23   Link #3011
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennedealer22 View Post
I have a question to all Kirino shippers...up to this point, why do you guys like Kirino, out of all other heroines?
Aside from her funny tsuntsun moment, I like the way she gave everything her all. Looking back at the first season, I already like her when she showed the huge eroge stash with a smile on her face. I like the way she doesn't deny her hobby, her interest (most of them anyway)
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 18:23   Link #3012
protheus
short series addict

Quote:
... I consider it "well-played".
My mistake, obvious is a bit over the top. But you are right, it was incredibly well played from start. If someone re-reads / re-watches the entire series now with what we know of the possible ending, all the signs passed over at first glance will appear. This author really knew what he was doing and what he wanted even before the starting line of it's novel race.

PS: Sorry for cutting short the quotes, but I hate it when a page gets full of only duplicate posts.
Old 2013-06-10, 20:02   Link #3013
Sakuratsuki

Finally i have catched up with reading. My eyes are tired...........

Damn as a Kirino shipper chapter 3 was great with the confession. Can't wait for chapter 4 with the bitch manami.

The part of kuroneko and ayase was very sad. I liked the chapter with ayase the most. When there was a flashback. When they were together in the appartment and ayase taking care of him. Damn, i cant explain it but it gave me a warm feeling when reading it. The ending was sad. Maybe as a kirino lover i also liked ayase a bit.

Reading the last part of chapter 3. It became clear to me that Kyousuke really loved kirino even if they have the fake wedding in chapter 4. The love between them is Mutual indeed. Kirino is a tsundere. That it is why she reacts that way. It is pretty clear. Beside him refusing all girls makes it pretty clear to me that this writter didnt want to go a harem route. So calling it a open ending is out of the question here.

I see the girls now more as characters who helped Kyousuke to realize his true feelings. And they knew from the start that he liked his sister. But he wasn't aware of it. And as for Kirino her feelings. it is pretty clear that she loves him but because the big tsundere she is. It is always the same reaction. YOU ARE STUPID? but her feelings are clear.

Looking on what we have now on rough translations and the ending words etc i can conclude the following things:

For me i interpet the ending as following:

Kirino loves kyousuke and kyousuke loves her. Reading everything till now how can there be a doubt that the love is not Mutual. You dont go reject everyone and face the final boss so that you will go back to being siblings? doesnt make sense to me. And on the part of Kirino. All that time she played eroge with Kyousuke. And the imouto type of games it made it clear to me that she loved him.

In the ending part he kisses her, she reacts the usual tsundere way (so she is not honest with her feelings, so you cant say that she didnt like it) and says he needs a live counseling. Live counseling from the start is something special for them. And they start it again.

So the conclusion is.: To me it is clear that it is a 100% kirino route ending.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 20:31   Link #3014
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

God it's really hard to try and read comments at this point, everyone's talking about details in the summaries and I'm just waiting for the full translation so I don't want to spoil every detail.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 20:45   Link #3015
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Bottom line: Both are hopelessly in love with each other and Kirino's reaction about the second kiss is that if you want to do stuff like that dont do it in public,she doesnt mind at all.
In Volume 12 from their date: When Kyousuke told her that he booked a ''hotel'' she already jumped to the conclusion of a ''love hotel'', when he told her to imagine the situation of how he can give her a good time she concluded to (you know) ''sex''.
As for their father: He said in Volume 10 in the meeting,he knows what is going between Kirino and Kyousuke the best and cherishing each other very much is under my ''expectation'',when he came to visit Kyousuke and asked about the eroge he knew it was from Kirino and said I leave Kirino to you,and finally the photo album which contains nothing but Kirino's photos,their father already knew where the photos of Kyousuke went(with Kirino).
And again they are hopelessly in love with each other
Both of their already what behind their backs. Their father already accepted the fact of their strange relationship. Their mother also is also in the know. Maybe that is the reason for their mother to be supportive when Kirino got a boyfriend. It feels like his feelings for Kuroneko in the past is fake. Because Kyousuke already said to Sakura that he "already" has someone he likes both from the past and the present. Maybe in the past he is already a big siscon. Then why did he have to accept Kuroneko's confession if it is already set in the stone.

As for Ayase because of many sexual harassment and confession made her misunderstood. Who would do that to a middle school girl and not make her think that "he really does like me". It making it look like a cruel joke in the end.

As for the government they can always away moved away from the judging eyes and changed their names. And no one would be the wiser.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 21:15   Link #3016
Tsuyuri

To those who made those quick chapter translations+summaries of the last light novel of Oreimo, I really thank you guys you are the best ! I registered just to say that your efforts are indeed appreciated especially by the fans. A bittersweet ending it maybe, but I really do think that the series is well played out. Now I'm more excited to see those 3 last episodes and the full translations of the light novel .
Old 2013-06-10, 21:27   Link #3017
DevG

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Let me upload elsewhere then

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I think theres something wrong with me, im in love with kirino! I really cant compare her to anyone else, i think part of the reason is because I dont talk to alot of girls and that I have seen all her cute moments, i mean as kyosuke said "how can someone not fall for her?"

If she was real, I would probably never give up! Where can I even find a girl that acts as cute as this? Are real girls even cute at all?

haha im an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
God it's really hard to try and read comments at this point, everyone's talking about details in the summaries and I'm just waiting for the full translation so I don't want to spoil every detail.
SAME, but i read the first 2 chaps from the chinse quick translation! I know what happens basically but when chaos's translations comes, if i read the summarys ,ill feel like i know whats going to happen.

So im atleast preparing myself for the other 2 chapters, I check baka tsuki every day LOL hoping the chapters came out.

I dont know why, but im following this religiously! This is the first show/manga/light novel i was totally engrossed in.

Ive always liked shounen but this change of pace really kept me going, nothing really can compare to this. Was reading SAO, though I got a good chunk through, I had to force my self because OREIMO is just so much better.

I think im obssesed with siscons/brocons romances, forbidden love is just so much more dramatical! Is there any other shows / light novels that acctually have a romance like this haha

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-10 at 22:35. Reason: merge double-post
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 21:39   Link #3018
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevG View Post
I think im obssesed with siscons/brocons romances, forbidden love is just so much more dramatical! Is there any other shows / light novels that acctually have a romance like this haha
Well, there was the Yosuga no Sora anime that has a route featuring what you want. Funnily enough it aired in the same season that the first season of OreImo aired in.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 21:44   Link #3019
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I am personally waiting for what Tsukaka Fushimi intends to do from here.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:10   Link #3020
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Well, there was the Yosuga no Sora anime that has a route featuring what you want. Funnily enough it aired in the same season that the first season of OreImo aired in.
That route in the anime is so unsatisfying, I hear the VN does it far better.

Last edited by tommythecat; 2013-06-10 at 22:23.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings