AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 42.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-07-18, 05:59   Link #441
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I was speaking of their respective demographics rather then the world population in general. Either way I still think Saints and Level 5 should of been somewhat equal.

And also...

possible fanart spoiler?

Spoiler for Being Misaka is suffering:
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 06:19   Link #442
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Chapter 2 Parts 4-8:
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 06:52   Link #443
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 2 Parts 4-8:
I thought those security guards in NT8 would play a role, but it turned out to be nothing. Although, I think it was Kamachi's way of foreshadowing future situations.

Quote:
The High Priest grinned.
New shortest sentence ever.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-07-18 at 08:38.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 07:35   Link #444
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I was speaking of their respective demographics rather then the world population in general. Either way I still think Saints and Level 5 should of been somewhat equal.
Gemstones. Don't forget dem Gems.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 08:16   Link #445
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Gemstones. Don't forget dem Gems.
Gotta love that bling-bling.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 10:25   Link #446
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
I always thought that the level fives should be on par or slightly better then the saints. Because one there is more saints and two they seemed to be on that equal level for both sides. But obviously that's up for debate until we see more level five vs Saint action.
Saints and level 5 are never in par in strength. Well except Accelerator and probably Kakine.
Old 2015-07-18, 10:26   Link #447
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So I just realized something. Self-determination is a huge part of Thelema, iirc.

Since the Magic Gods infighting, and by extension magic, constantly shift or set the rails of fate, then by eliminating magic, does that not also eliminate fate/destiny itself or does that merely realign the rails of fate to its original starting point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Saints and level 5 are never in par in strength. Well except Accelerator and probably Kakine.
This.

Mikoto was barely keeping up with Brunhild in NT06. I'd say the only Level 5s who can beat a Saint at full power are Kakine and Accelerator.
Old 2015-07-18, 11:18   Link #448
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I never said they was but they should be for a general balance of the field. Though we're talking about one of those level fives being Accelerator.
Old 2015-07-18, 11:31   Link #449
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
I never said they was but they should be for a general balance of the field. Though we're talking about one of those level fives being Accelerator.
If its just balancing or representing from each side then probably, but there are 20 saints around the world and there are only 7 lvl 5.

If its balancing or representation from each side. I feel gem stone are more appropriate. There are 50 gemstones around the world.
Old 2015-07-18, 12:09   Link #450
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
For unknown reasons, members of the true Gremlin mentioned the Gemstones among the things they would have to deal with, alongside Kamijou Touma and Aleister Crowley
Hmm I forgot about that one. I guess they may not able to deal with them now at least as originally planned.
Old 2015-07-18, 15:23   Link #451
DragonXX

If the spoiler are true about Fiamma going to the hospital he is now on the same path of Touma and if Touma get any hospital to pick him up it would be Frog-Face Doctor hospital and if anyone can give Fiamma a new right hand that can use the power of the Holy Right without being destory which I think is the biggest problem of why Fiamma had not got a new right hand, if so even in this world of broking Magic God power he may be about to do something beside going to the hospital by a Magic God and he had show once again how smart he is because in a week he had find away to upgrade the Fairy Spell from a nerfing Magic God spell that failled into a Magic God Killing spell but I think it will failled because I think that the Fairy Spell is what Crowley use on them.

If Fiamma get back his full power through it would open up a chance that Accel will get his full power back too.

Also even for Mikoto her pride is too huge in this novel, she had a head the side of building that High Priest throw, I think what High Priest will say about Mikoto being a burden is something she badly need, seeing how she acting in this novel.

Also if we are talking about Gemstone, I have a thoery on what Gunha power is and that is the shonern hero power of always getting power-up when they need it most so everytime Gunha fight an enemy he get more powerful in that fight or when he loses a fight he will get a power-up to be about to fight that person again unless your Universe Wraping level Gunha will most likey be about to fight you as an equal next time you meet and it would be understanding about why the failled Magic God said he can be as powerful as him if he knew what is power was, this mean that he most likey had a pretty good idea about what Gunha power is and if it shonern hero power of always getting power-up when they need it most it would be pretty understandable why he could become as powerful as him.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 16:17   Link #452
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

The high priest easily swats Misaka's most strongest attack, and she's saying that they can win in a direct confrontation?
Even Touma is frustrated at her ignorance
EDIT:
Spoiler for Touma's response:

Damn it, from now on I'm reading every single sentence twice

Last edited by BladeMancer; 2015-07-18 at 19:04.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 16:20   Link #453
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
So I just realized something. Self-determination is a huge part of Thelema, iirc.

Since the Magic Gods infighting, and by extension magic, constantly shift or set the rails of fate, then by eliminating magic, does that not also eliminate fate/destiny itself or does that merely realign the rails of fate to its original starting point?

This.

Mikoto was barely keeping up with Brunhild in NT06. I'd say the only Level 5s who can beat a Saint at full power are Kakine and Accelerator.
You forgot Gunha the 7th level 5. He could potentially overpower a saint in physical abilities alone and his max power could beat Ollerus (leagues above saint)
Old 2015-07-18, 16:51   Link #454
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Mikoto is acting as ignorant as Accelerator was the moment he got hit by Touma for the first time. Disbelief more then ignorance and rightfully so when the only other person who wrecked her number one power was again Accelerator.
Old 2015-07-18, 17:26   Link #455
Chosen_Hero

You guys really have a skewed view on how that conversation went don't you?

Please point out where it says that Touma is frustrated, here:

Spoiler for From chapter 2 part 6:

... I don't see it, also you seem to forget that last line, there is a big difference between being confident and being ignorant, heck Touma's whole thing is being confident that he can find different (never thought of) ways to end a situation in the best possible outcome against infinitely stronger enemies.

Please analyze a scene better next time.
Old 2015-07-18, 19:10   Link #456
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You guys really have a skewed view on how that conversation went don't you?
Yeah he wasn't frustrated. I fixed my comment in order to prevent spread of false info
Old 2015-07-18, 19:35   Link #457
zaikoi

Spoiler for Fanart illustration of the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler for Spoiler for Index NT 13 chapter 1 Misaki vs Mikoto:
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 19:36   Link #458
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

We haven't got to that part yet, that comes far later.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 19:51   Link #459
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Even Touma is frustrated at her ignorance
Which he didn't even correct by not informing Mikoto about EVERYTHING.
He's trying to keep others from getting hurt, when he's already hurting others by not doing anything or keeping things to himself.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 20:21   Link #460
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Rain or shine, day or night, I shall never falter in giving my reactions~

Spoiler for Reactions:

Intense as usual. As a bit off the beaten path as Part 4 was, I actually quite enjoyed it and it would have made for a nice short story on its own.

Now that I've seen this Arrowhead Comet being mentioned multiple times, I can only wonder what role it will have seeing as Kamachi would not mention something like that without a reason.

Lastly, YAAAAY. It's nice to see Fiamma up and about again. Glad to see he has a role in the story again, even if it is only support.
Hamazura didn't see Touma, Mikoto or the High Priest, he was too focused on the message so much that he never realized what had happened in front of him.

Tags
light novel