AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 32 29.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 31.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 22.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.01%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-19, 21:10   Link #21
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
good ep, poor ranka, nice ending just like the original macross with the minmay foto album
Old 2008-06-19, 21:58   Link #22
ReddyRedWolf

After the Eurocup finally an episode. (Konata was right)

Macross Frontier ep 11 Happy Birthday

Okay sport if you are given a choice which person's offer would you take.

1. Go to Ranka's first concert.

2. Go back and mend fences with your ailing father, quit piloting.

3. Take Sheryl's offer to fly a extra pay trip to a genuine planet.

Alto thinks it over.... I'll take number 3.

Bridge bunny show our birthday boy his prize...

Bridgebunny: Alto raises more flags with Sheryl Nome, fly to a planet of semi-militant Zentradi and be "Welcomed" by the infamous undying Backstabbing Ally Killer.

Alto *sweatdrop*

Oh yeah Ranka shouldn't really feed the baby Vajra plane biscuits that's an accident waiting to happen when it grows up. Much like the Hydra thought of her as a carrot.

Grace is becoming more and more like Motoko Kasunagi with her dealings with Leon.

Brera follows Sheryl and Alto to Gallia 4.

Next ep:

The return of the comeback of Quamzin?! The guy doesn't know when to die. He came back in the PC engine games twice, Macross 2036 and Macross: Eternal Love Song.

Causing grief for Vrlithwai and UN Spacy with 2 Zentradi Bodol sized fleets and one Meltrandi Moruk (female equivalent of Bodol) sized fleet.

On the otherhand we will see UN Supreme Commander Vrlithwai Kradanik next episode too. (The years hasn't been kind to him as he is really bald now.)

Mind you those two actually showing up is a fanboyish dream come true.
Old 2008-06-19, 22:03   Link #23
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Finally episode 11 was out. I didn't understand any of the episode but from what im guessing Sheryl hit on Alto and maybe he said I like you to, I hope atleast. Ranka ofcourse being happy on camera and being everywhere and gettin depressed lol totally known by every one. But go Sheryl boob grabing ^.^
She says, "Unlike your breasts mine allow people to dream and give them hope." She called him out there to give him the best birthday present he could ever ask for, a chance to fly in a real sky. Sheryl tries to thank him over the phone when they are flying together, but Alto is just too excited to hear and says, "Huh, did you say something?"

Needless to say, Queen Sheryl wasn't too pleased with that.
Old 2008-06-19, 22:05   Link #24
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

On the otherhand we will see UN Supreme Commander Vrlithwai Kradanik next episode too. (The years hasn't been kind to him as he is really bald now.)

Mind you those two actually showing up is a fanboyish dream come true.
Eh, we are not even sure if that is Vrlithwai. After all, artistically, the Vrlithwai shown in Episode 1 is completely different from the one at the end of episode 11.

And I wonder what Vrlithwai is doing here, if that is really him. Taking a vacation, perhaps

- Tak
Old 2008-06-19, 22:26   Link #25
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
That little animal thing is just way too cute. So was the part with chibi-Alto with his plane.

Loved the episode.. the ending was a bit sad though.
the animal thing could be a cyborg or some sort, with camera inside its red clear thingy to monitor Ranka's activities

lot of talking in this eps so the RAW wasnt cut it, gonna wait for the sub to fully understand
Old 2008-06-19, 22:43   Link #26
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
She says, "Unlike your breasts mine allow people to dream and give them hope." She called him out there to give him the best birthday present he could ever ask for, a chance to fly in a real sky. Sheryl tries to thank him over the phone when they are flying together, but Alto is just too excited to hear and says, "Huh, did you say something?"

Needless to say, Queen Sheryl wasn't too pleased with that.
Not too surprising. For Alto, Flying > All.

Not to mention, how often do guys REALLY pay attention to what women say...?
Old 2008-06-19, 22:49   Link #27
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Just watched the episdoe. apparently Klan Klan called the 33rd naval fleet or whatever it was as the scum and disgrace to the zentradi race or something like that. Guess those guys are really bad then. Gonna wait to see the subs, i m quite interested in the state of zentradi military interaction as a hole in UN spacy.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:19   Link #28
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

That reminds me, I couldn't catch the news broadcast at the beginning of the episode with the President.

Do anyone know what was being said as they were showing the people on the stretchers? Could it be related to why Sheryl is sick?

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-06-19, 23:23   Link #29
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
That reminds me, I couldn't catch the news broadcast at the beginning of the episode with the President.

Do anyone know what was being said as they were showing the people on the stretchers? Could it be related to why Sheryl is sick?
I figure this is the NE 2 virus that she talks about in her blog. She also said that she had been sneezing lately.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:35   Link #30
ani_d

I'm in love with the BGM. I didn't like Neko Nikki at first, so kudos to whoever said Neko Nikki would make a great ED theme. He was totally right.

Spoiler for best scene in 11:

Finally, the ridiculous debate about Nanase having a secret crush on Alto a couple of episodes ago can be put to rest. As well as Brera's agent. So if Grace is with Sheryl, then that means there's also something special within Sheryl since Grace wouldn't hang out with her for no reason. Lastly, the stills of Alto and his brother rehearsing for the play made me think of Brokeback Frontier all over again.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:39   Link #31
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

^thanks, I just checked up on the blog. There's a lot of interesting stuff there.

I thought it was pretty cool how the ship changes from Night to Daylight....

It's also not a big surprise to me that Alto chose Sheryl's offer, it's been his dream to fly in the Sky since he was little. It shows me that each character is starting to follow their own path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Lastly, the stills of Alto and his brother rehearsing for the play made me think of Brokeback Frontier all over again.
Haha, I had the same impression.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-06-19, 23:41   Link #32
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Eh, we are not even sure if that is Vrlithwai. After all, artistically, the Vrlithwai shown in Episode 1 is completely different from the one at the end of episode 11.

And I wonder what Vrlithwai is doing here, if that is really him. Taking a vacation, perhaps

- Tak
You have to remember that was just to look all special and dramatic for the opening. That and it was a scene from DYRL too. I'm not saying it's going to be Vrlithwai, but using the first episode as a reference doesn't make it absolute either I guess :s
Old 2008-06-19, 23:57   Link #33
ReddyRedWolf

I just realized that if Sheryl is Mao's grandkid then at least she doesn't do Kancho.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:57   Link #34
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Umm can any one msg link me the blog O.o
Old 2008-06-20, 00:03   Link #35
ReddyRedWolf

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008...ents/#comments

Here I'm lazy.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:06   Link #36
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

It's interesting to see the role reversal this episode. In previous episodes, you'd see Sheryl billboards wherever you looked. Now, it's all Ranka (except for the tiny Sheryl advertisement next to Ranka's giant Nyan-Nyan ad). Meanwhile, Sheryl seems less focused on her career, and more occupied with discovering the things that she's missed out on in life. Which is good: she deserves a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
So it looks like Alto has chosen Sheryl over Ranka...I suspected it as much seen as Alto never was the imouto-con type
Anyway, it was nice "calm before the storm" episode. Ranka is getting more and more distant from Alto whereas Sheryl is gaining more ground. She even pushed herself to the extent of getting a fever (yet she still prances around in her underwear).
To be fair, Alto wasn't really choosing between Sheryl and Ranka; rather, he was choosing between something that he's always dreamed of doing and something that Ranka wanted him to do for her own sake.

Alto is an otaku. A girl can't possibly expect to reach out to him if she doesn't understand his needs. Of course, once he gets what he wants, it's pretty much impossible to regain his attention...

I'm worried about Sheryl's sickness, though. I wouldn't expect that she'd suddenly feel weak and drop her drink like that if it were just a simple cold. Ominous times.
Old 2008-06-20, 01:01   Link #37
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
It's interesting to see the role reversal this episode. In previous episodes, you'd see Sheryl billboards wherever you looked. Now, it's all Ranka (except for the tiny Sheryl advertisement next to Ranka's giant Nyan-Nyan ad). Meanwhile, Sheryl seems less focused on her career, and more occupied with discovering the things that she's missed out on in life. Which is good: she deserves a break.

To be fair, Alto wasn't really choosing between Sheryl and Ranka; rather, he was choosing between something that he's always dreamed of doing and something that Ranka wanted him to do for her own sake.

Alto is an otaku. A girl can't possibly expect to reach out to him if she doesn't understand his needs. Of course, once he gets what he wants, it's pretty much impossible to regain his attention...

I'm worried about Sheryl's sickness, though. I wouldn't expect that she'd suddenly feel weak and drop her drink like that if it were just a simple cold. Ominous times.
Well the NE 2 virus is pretty insidious since he causes a very high fever. Boiling brain=unable to function. In other words it's not a "simple" cold virus. I'm thinking those people in beds on the news were have the same thing.
Old 2008-06-20, 02:39   Link #38
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I get the impression that she is hacking through communication channels and listening to Leon's conversations. Her lips weren't moving, it was just background conversations.

- Tak
You're forgetting one big thing: she has cyber implants within her so it wouldn't be so far fetched for her to be able to voice her thoughts through an encrypted voice conversation. There are just too many hints in the show to not admit she's the one behind Brera.
Old 2008-06-20, 02:51   Link #39
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Then Sheryl launches with a red VF-19.

War is stupid! LISTEN TO MY SONG!
As much as I have my reservations about Macross 7, if she goes with the direct approach (sonic missile to bridge equals volume goes over 11)...

...Hell Yes!
Old 2008-06-20, 03:07   Link #40
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

How sure is everyone here that it's Kamjin. I mean, this guy looks like he regrew his left eye and lost his right one

Argh, another week to wait.
Closed Thread