AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 21:18   Link #1241
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

So i just finished this anime and have to say that it was really disappointed. The first 5-10 eps of the show was really epic, but it started to focus on too many side stories and side characters that made it felt off track and ... boring. Though I have to say that a few eps in between was fairly entertaining. I believe that this anime has strong potential and hope that s2 would deliver us what the first few eps brought us in s1 = a strong solid story + characters
Old 2009-03-26, 23:36   Link #1242
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

The idea of a militant church over the supernatural has been around since Nasuverse came to be and became a interesting concept.
Come to think of it, Hellsing was doing that even earlier too, so indeed it wouldn't be a new idea.
Old 2009-03-30, 13:07   Link #1243
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Index is popular in some countries

Old 2009-03-31, 09:16   Link #1244
Miraluka
Banned

WT.... whic country came from that thing?? O_o!
Old 2009-03-31, 09:21   Link #1245
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
WT.... whic country came from that thing?? O_o!
NSFW

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...onesian-index/

NSFW
Old 2009-04-02, 20:26   Link #1246
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I saw Golkar and facepalmed.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:14   Link #1247
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Official website has been updated with the newest mangas, DVD's and novels and the Official anime Site for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun has opened.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:29   Link #1248
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I think To Aru Majutsu No Index might get licensed in the US.

I was watching a TAMNI episode on youtube when i notice a user asking the uploader what happen to the next part of the episode i was watching. The uploader reply that it got remove due to copyright infringement on behalf of.... Bandai!

Seeing this is giving me a mixed reaction. The good news its finally coming to the US & since Bandai is licensing the series, they might hire Bang! Zoom Entertainment to do the dubbing. If they do, i hope they get Johnny Yong Bosch & Yuri Lowenthal to do the voices of Toma & Accelerator! (Johnny as Toma & Yuri as Accl or Yuri as Toma & Johhny as Accl, i fine with either choice.)

The bad news is that since Bandai currently won't dub any new anime unless it aired on TV, i afraid the series is going o be release subs only.

I hope Adult Swim or Sci Fi channel will aired the series(I prefer the former) so they will be an English dub. Be since they hasn't been any official news from Bandai, i think they still negotiating with the original publishers of the series and hopefully a TV deal with AS or SFC.

What are your thoughts about this?
Old 2009-08-01, 14:56   Link #1249
Miraluka
Banned

For me YL and JYb both are the best options, Yuri reminds me .hack//G.U voicing Haseo.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:19   Link #1250
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I hope Adult Swim or Sci Fi channel will aired the series(I prefer the former) so they will be an English dub. Be since they hasn't been any official news from Bandai, i think they still negotiating with the original publishers of the series and hopefully a TV deal with AS or SFC.
Former is impossible, Adult Swim reps have already said won't be picking up any new anime anytime soon and Bandai doesn't seem to care that much for them ever since their poor treatment of Code Geass.

To Aru certainly fits well within the scope of what is normally on Sci-Fi though. But I doubt it'd do particularly well or anything.
Old 2009-09-08, 14:02   Link #1251
GhostChronos

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2009-09-08, 20:17   Link #1252
BlueDo

It was said in the ep 9 thread...

He did lose an arm, and it was sealed back on by the Doctor.
Old 2009-09-09, 12:05   Link #1253
GhostChronos

sorry for this post i didn't saw the episode 9 thread xD, i hate the search of this forum ~ thx dude
Old 2009-09-27, 11:57   Link #1254
Dark Paladin X

Hmmm...I wonder if Disney is a good company to distribute this anime in the U.S.?

Anyways, here's the hypothetical dub cast I thought up in my mind. It doesn't contain all characters as I'm still watching this anime.

Toma Kamijo- James Arnold Taylor
Index- either Miley Cyrus, Emma Watson, Minx Lee, or Reba West (I'm guessing a lot of you will puke on the first option)
Mikoto Misaka-Tara Strong
Kuroko Shirai- Wendee Lee
Komoe Tsukuyomi- Jessica Boone
Kaori Kanzaki- Kira Vincent-Davis
Pierce Aogami- Yuri Lowenthal
Motoharu Tsuchimikado- either Johnny Yong Bosch or Doug Erholtz (although I'm more familiar with the later when I saw some English clips of the game Dissidia Final Fantasy)
Stiyl-Magnus- George Newbern

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2009-09-27 at 12:11. Reason: wanted to include dub cast
Old 2009-09-27, 22:12   Link #1255
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Hmmm...I wonder if Disney is a good company to distribute this anime in the U.S.?

Anyways, here's the hypothetical dub cast I thought up in my mind. It doesn't contain all characters as I'm still watching this anime.

Toma Kamijo- James Arnold Taylor
Index- either Miley Cyrus, Emma Watson, Minx Lee, or Reba West (I'm guessing a lot of you will puke on the first option)
Mikoto Misaka-Tara Strong
Kuroko Shirai- Wendee Lee
Komoe Tsukuyomi- Jessica Boone
Kaori Kanzaki- Kira Vincent-Davis
Pierce Aogami- Yuri Lowenthal
Motoharu Tsuchimikado- either Johnny Yong Bosch or Doug Erholtz (although I'm more familiar with the later when I saw some English clips of the game Dissidia Final Fantasy)
Stiyl-Magnus- George Newbern
At first I laughed my ass off thinking Disney toughing this show but ya know thinking about it they did a fair job with digimon.but there again we didnt get subs or uncensored stuff of it...
Old 2009-09-28, 15:06   Link #1256
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
At first I laughed my ass off thinking Disney toughing this show but ya know thinking about it they did a fair job with digimon.but there again we didnt get subs or uncensored stuff of it...
Lol, I don't mind having one company such as Funimation or Bandai Entertainment dubbing To Aru Majutsu no Index and distributing the DVDs while Disney airs the anime on live TV. In fact, Disney did the same thing with the upcoming Naruto anime where Viz Media dubs it while Disney simply airs it.
Old 2009-10-08, 07:51   Link #1257
durack

You think this show will get Disney interested? I'd think it would be too niche for them.
Old 2009-10-08, 22:57   Link #1258
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
You think this show will get Disney interested? I'd think it would be too niche for them.
Apparently, Disney has already planned to release another well known shonen anime late this month, so why not bring To Aru Majutsu no Index along?

Anyone wish to comment on my ideas for the English dub cast for this anime.
Old 2009-10-09, 00:55   Link #1259
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Apparently, Disney has already planned to release another well known shonen anime late this month, so why not bring To Aru Majutsu no Index along?

Anyone wish to comment on my ideas for the English dub cast for this anime.
But the thing is Naruto is meant for younger viewers while TAMNI is for older teenagers. Furthermore, the subjects that TAMNI talks about and shows might not be appropriate. (eg. Cloning, Christianity and Magic, Angels, Dismemberment, etc)

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-10-09 at 01:06.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:56   Link #1260
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Not to mention a questionable amount of fan-service xD
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen