AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-20, 00:06   Link #701
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
http://moe.akibarika.org/2010/10/16/4542/
Translation of a 2ch topic on a kid who been told to throw away Ore no Imouto novel and cancel ero game order in chinese.You MAD?
Old 2010-10-20, 01:41   Link #702
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
http://moe.akibarika.org/2010/10/16/4542/
Translation of a 2ch topic on a kid who been told to throw away Ore no Imouto novel and cancel ero game order in chinese.You MAD?
Basically what happened was this kid bought an ero-game after watching Oreimo but when his parents found out not only did they tell him to cancel the order but also throw away the original novels that he had.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 09:02   Link #703
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Basically what happened was this kid bought an ero-game after watching Oreimo but when his parents found out not only did they tell him to cancel the order but also throw away the original novels that he had.
How should I put it, "don't try this at home, kids!" Backfire rate was over 9000 for him it seems.
Seriously though, I didn't expect that people actually get interest in eroge after watching Oreimo.
Old 2010-10-20, 18:06   Link #704
solomon

Ok so I just watched the first 3 eps....

I'm normally not into this kinda show for various reasons but I was plesantly surprised.
It was very....chill. It's the closest an anime has gotten to a real sitcom in my opinion and has this nice easy going vibe about it that's easy to get into.

Kyousuke is a Kyon type and he works, Kirino is kinda cute and doesn't seem too dissimilar to girls her age (despite the raging on she has for eroge of course).

What's more interesting is the way they deal with it. It's refreshing cause you could swap the eroge kick with anyother kind of wierdass hobby that's contrary to Japanese social norms and it'd work. (Ep 3 really hit that home). I like how they handle the material and characters (no wierd ass fetishing of Kirino although that's prolly cause the original author was a chick).

Plus it's funny in a wry sort of way, the Kirino vs. Kuroneko fights are so hilarious because they're things I'm sure EVERYONE has seen on a forum at least once...(or fifty times).

Art Directions great, animation is HELLA consistent, drawing is really tight, ALWAYS on model, no drop off between the three eps....really surprising, movement ain't GREAT but perfectly servicable. Once again surprised.

Seiyuu work is great as expected with Yuuichi Nakamura as Kyousuke. Ayana Taketatsu sounds young enough to be perfectably believable as a 14 year old girl. Everyone else sounds fine.

I'm actually gonna take this one on as my final show of the season, cause I was really surprised how approachable it is, and well handled........still that leaves me to comment on one thing about Kirino....

Spoiler for Speculative:
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 00:34   Link #705
Kudryavka

Kuroneko vs. Kiririn: Who will you support?
http://shiftworks.yahoo.co.jp/conten...ng/oreimo.html
They both tweet too!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 04:55   Link #706
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
How should I put it, "don't try this at home, kids!" Backfire rate was over 9000 for him it seems.
Seriously though, I didn't expect that people actually get interest in eroge after watching Oreimo.
My mum went nuts after she found out that I am an otaku. All I did was rattle off a few Japanese phrases and gave up, she thought that I learnt Japanese from watching anime (which I didn't, and I don't even know the language other than the kanji at all ).

I would suggest that he tries out reverse psychology a few months after that incident though, by bringing back home male friends and pretending he is gay, then giving the excuse that "Wouldn't you oppose of me going out with a girl?"

Honestly speaking, I really wish I had a little sister like Kirino. Instead of a socialite elder sister who lives a normal life.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:06   Link #707
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
My mum went nuts after she found out that I am an otaku. All I did was rattle off a few Japanese phrases and gave up, she thought that I learnt Japanese from watching anime (which I didn't, and I don't even know the language other than the kanji at all ).

I would suggest that he tries out reverse psychology a few months after that incident though, by bringing back home male friends and pretending he is gay, then giving the excuse that "Wouldn't you oppose of me going out with a girl?"

Honestly speaking, I really wish I had a little sister like Kirino. Instead of a socialite elder sister who lives a normal life.
a treat for Saintess....

Spoiler for AzuRino:

HEH.... like THESE two?
Old 2010-10-27, 07:31   Link #708
Toaru ~LL~
Misaka Moe~

love the pic posted by azurino and finally ayase starts to emerge in the anime in my eyes shes on par with kuroneko who i adore so much XD

cant wait for more otaku imouto wish i had an otaku imouto my imoutos just annoy me XD
Old 2010-10-27, 13:17   Link #709
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

my brother told me to watch it. I thought it'll be shit, but it surprisingly nice.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 13:29   Link #710
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
my brother told me to watch it. I thought it'll be shit, but it surprisingly nice.
I should tell my rl onii-chan to check this out, too, thanks for the reminder.
Old 2010-10-27, 16:03   Link #711
Masked

Haven't read the thread but my thoughts on this so far.
Why is this so good, I lol'd when I saw it in the title before release. Why does this have some development and is fairly engaging.

Anyone else feel this way?
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 16:24   Link #712
Seihai
スマイリウム

I lol'd at the title in a positive way (just like I did to "The Legend of the Legendary Heroes"), though the title doesn't really mean anything to me unless I watched the actual show and found out.

And yes, the development and stuff is fairly nice so far.
Frankly, it feels like a much better version of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:39   Link #713
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I lol'd at the title in a positive way (just like I did to "The Legend of the Legendary Heroes"), though the title doesn't really mean anything to me unless I watched the actual show and found out.

Sounds like something Jack Black would improvise, "The Legend of the Legendary Heroes! Their awesome exploits were awesome,..."
Old 2010-10-28, 12:05   Link #714
Masked

Quote:

Doesn't for me either;I ended up watching and the sort. But really had some expectations to just how much this would fail. =)
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 12:15   Link #715
aeromono

As of ep 4, I have found Ayase, whose personality stands in stark contrast to the little sister's, the most amiable of all the characters, and the most mature (as in, not giving me goosebumps or facepalms every 2 seconds). Somewhat predictable I'd say, the way the author makes her charming and desirable by making the ones surrounding her are all superficial and childish. Not being the main heroine probably plays to her advantage.

And if the rumours are correct she's only gonna get better. To be honest I never really cared about the supposedly cute but definitely shallow main heroine anyway. I'm more impressed with how they're able to keep the animation quality so consistent, and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish
There's fantasy, and then there's incredibly corny otaku fantasy.

EDIT: Rumors are, unsurprisingly, usually misleading, and I look forward to seeing how wrong I might be about this girl.

Last edited by aeromono; 2010-10-31 at 11:37.
aeromono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 19:03   Link #716
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Check out the author's receding hairline
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 23:40   Link #717
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromono View Post
As of ep 4, I have found Ayase, whose personality stands in stark contrast to the little sister's, the most amiable of all the characters, and the most mature (as in, not giving me goosebumps or facepalms every 2 seconds). Somewhat predictable I'd say, the way the author makes her charming and desirable by making the ones surrounding her are all superficial and childish. Not being the main heroine probably plays to her advantage.

And if the rumours are correct she's only gonna get better. To be honest I never really cared about the supposedly cute but definitely shallow main heroine anyway. I'm more impressed with how they're able to keep the animation quality so consistent, and hopefully it'll stay that way.

There's fantasy, and then there's incredibly corny otaku fantasy.

EDIT: Rumors are, unsurprisingly, usually misleading, and I look forward to seeing how wrong I might be about this girl.
That's how I felt after ep 4 as well, but my feelings have changed quite a bit.

Kirino though... <3
Old 2010-11-01, 01:26   Link #718
taofd

Latest Episode 5

To be honest, I tried to watch this series with an open view, but the latest episode has really made me question whether I want to continue this series.

There has been a definite build up in the relationship between Kyousuke and Kirino, and I get the feeling that this series may very well end in an incestuous way, after a plot twist in which the audience finds out they aren't blood related. I haven't read the novel so I could be wrong.

In any case, there is barely any research to support a correlational (nevermind causal) relationship between Otakuism and violence. I would have preferred the series to just point that fact straight out. However, the length in which Kyousuke has gone about to conceal Kirino's hobby has struck me as awkward and somewhat perverse.

To be honest, I feel this show is largely in part, a huge ploy to justify the Otaku subculture. Personally, I don't think "being an Otaku" in itself is evidence of unhealthy behavior, but I have to say that there are a lot of reoccurring themes that are pretty unhealthy. Kirino's constant lashing out at the people around her, as well as her somewhat abusive relationship towards her brother is not indicative of a healthy relationship. Some may argue that it's just for comedic value, or standard "tsundere", but because this series has relatively serious themes, I question the message that is being conveyed across here.

Anyone else feel this way? I'm being serious, and not in any way trying to troll.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 02:07   Link #719
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ The title of the show screams incest... What were you expecting otherwise...
You're contradicting yourself here, cause if they're not related by blood, then it's not incest....

Maybe you missed the part where they clearly indicated the journalist was in wrong in correlating Otakuism and "unhealthy behavior"...

And you're contradicting yourself. You say this show's justifying "the Otaku subculture", but then you go on to say that this show is bashing on Otaku as "unhealthy"... I can't even argue or agree with you cause you're saying two opposite points... Make up your mind...
In the meanwhile you clear your thoughts a bit, I believe this show is certainly supportive of Otakus. As in, like people should stop looking down on them. As in, the Otakus shouldn't have to feel embarrased about their hobbies. As in, people should stop pointing to anime and games as bad influences. etc,etc.
Old 2010-11-01, 02:33   Link #720
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
^ The title of the show screams incest... What were you expecting otherwise...
You're contradicting yourself here, cause if they're not related by blood, then it's not incest....
... that's hardly an argument. Even if they aren't related by blood, it will still create stress and awkward tension especially for the parents. It's far more complicated then you pretend it to be.

Quote:

Maybe you missed the part where they clearly indicated the journalist was in wrong in correlating Otakuism and "unhealthy behavior"...
No, I was reinforcing the point, pointing out in the process however, that they said in a round about way. Like I mentioned, I would have preferred they said it straight out. The unhealthy behavior is not her obsession, but the way it impacts the relationships around her and how externalizes her frustration.

Quote:

And you're contradicting yourself. You say this show's justifying "the Otaku subculture", but then you go on to say that this show is bashing on Otaku as "unhealthy"... I can't even argue or agree with you cause you're saying two opposite points... Make up your mind...
In the meanwhile you clear your thoughts a bit, I believe this show is certainly supportive of Otakus. As in, like people should stop looking down on them. As in, the Otakus shouldn't have to feel embarrased about their hobbies. As in, people should stop pointing to anime and games as bad influences. etc,etc.
I'm not contradicting anything. You clearly didn't understand the thrust of my argument. In my opinion, this show is attempting to justify the Otaku subculture, I just think they have better and less subjective ways of doing that. You've completely missed my points that there is nothing wrong with Kirino's hobby, the issue I have is with her behavior.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen