Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 22:32   Link #24641
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
-the hands suck VERY hard. as you all know those are the same hands with swappable fingers that the new MG wing kits use. they like to fall off a lot here too... and while the trigger finger and open fist hands hold the rifle, the beam sabres and the rail gun pretty well and securely it just cant hold the big "cannon" (no idea what its called, the manual just calls it "cannon"). when you make it hold that think it really just rests on the hand and the shoulder, it isnt really holding on to it.
If we replace Duel’s hands with the other MG’s hands (e.g. from Impulse, Strike E, Strike Noir, etc) will it work better? Oh, and the ‘cannon’ is called Bazooka Striker or Hyper Bazooka actually. You can check mahq or Regen Duel’s manual for that.
Old 2012-02-24, 05:24   Link #24642
HasuMasu
*Artist

MK 2 looking good there.
Old 2012-02-24, 05:56   Link #24643
casval cehack

I guess Bandai was also aiming for anime accuracy for this inner frame, detail-wise.
Old 2012-02-24, 06:25   Link #24644
HasuMasu
*Artist

Holy shit, that looks pretty damn awesome.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:44   Link #24645
helois

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post

I guess Bandai was also aiming for anime accuracy for this inner frame, detail-wise.

i think is righter the reverse... it was obvious that bandai would make a MG,so in the Anime they see it..

imho..

for example the frame in the anime is MG inspired, but the MG is thinner,in arms,chest..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:11   Link #24646
suiton629
Master Grade Master

the head doesn't have the black part on the forehead camera...it's just a completely clear green piece...lol...
Old 2012-02-24, 10:12   Link #24647
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
it just cant hold the big "cannon" (no idea what its called, the manual just calls it "cannon").
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, and the ‘cannon’ is called Bazooka Striker or Hyper Bazooka actually. You can check mahq or Regen Duel’s manual for that.
It's actually christened "Gáe Bulg" if you understand the Japanese under the weapons introductory in the coloured centrefold of the manual.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:14   Link #24648
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If we replace Duel’s hands with the other MG’s hands (e.g. from Impulse, Strike E, Strike Noir, etc) will it work better? Oh, and the ‘cannon’ is called Bazooka Striker or Hyper Bazooka actually. You can check mahq or Regen Duel’s manual for that.
the manipulators from the impulse wouldnt work that well because they have pegs on them that would get in the way. the impulse DOES have fixed manipulators though that wrap around the handle... the bazooka strikers (thx for the name^^) handle is very fat though so i doubt that it would fit.
older hands without the peg might work though. but those are very loose as well so i dont think it would work any better XD

and the AGE-1s frame does look pretty accurate! not 100% accurate but close enough to me^^ they could have taken a cheaper way here and make it simpler and less accurate but its nice to see that they did go the extra mile to make it look at least similar.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:26   Link #24649
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
the manipulators from the impulse wouldnt work that well because they have pegs on them that would get in the way. the impulse DOES have fixed manipulators though that wrap around the handle... the bazooka strikers (thx for the name^^) handle is very fat though so i doubt that it would fit.
older hands without the peg might work though. but those are very loose as well so i dont think it would work any better XD

and the AGE-1s frame does look pretty accurate! not 100% accurate but close enough to me^^ they could have taken a cheaper way here and make it simpler and less accurate but its nice to see that they did go the extra mile to make it look at least similar.
Oh man~ Looks like it's time for me to get obsessive about the Age series now...muhahhahaha
Old 2012-02-24, 10:31   Link #24650
pumpkins

Quote:

inner frame looks really good! the only problem is the skinny legss...
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 11:16   Link #24651
casval cehack

The monolithic lower leg armor assembly is quite thick, it is almost HG ratio looking at the manual. A downside of the new MG designs.

With the Age frame done, they could easily spin off an MG Adele if it proves popular enough. It is also another reason for the color and parts distribution (Age-1N specific) on the plates thus the lack of a multi-color A plate.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:03   Link #24652
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's actually christened "Gáe Bulg" if you understand the Japanese under the weapons introductory in the coloured centrefold of the manual.
Ah, so it does have a nickname. I guess I just know the technical name. Thanx man, I always get new input from you . Damn, my inability to read Japanese really sucks when it comes to things like this T-T.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:09   Link #24653
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
The monolithic lower leg armor assembly is quite thick, it is almost HG ratio looking at the manual. A downside of the new MG designs.

With the Age frame done, they could easily spin off an MG Adele if it proves popular enough. It is also another reason for the color and parts distribution (Age-1N specific) on the plates thus the lack of a multi-color A plate.
Do you think that we're gonna see:

MG Genoace Custom (Woolf)
MG G-Exes
MG G-Bouncer

I know that MG Titus and MG Sparrow are coming. And I assume that we're gonna get MG Age 2 Normal and MG Double Bullet...along with the other MG Age 3... But what about those piloted by Woolf?
Old 2012-02-24, 13:27   Link #24654
RX93-2
White Unicorn

How would we know, it all depends on the sales of the HG Woolf kits, the MG age and MG Gafran kits.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 13:29   Link #24655
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Ah~ I guess. But I mean like how do you guys feel are the odds that they'd come out. I'm pretty new to GunPla so I'm sure others here might be more aware of trends and how Bandai tends to do business...
Old 2012-02-24, 14:13   Link #24656
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Ah~ I guess. But I mean like how do you guys feel are the odds that they'd come out. I'm pretty new to GunPla so I'm sure others here might be more aware of trends and how Bandai tends to do business...
they do it like this:
the show does well -> lots and lots of HGs
the HGs do well -> MGs for those that did REALLY well
and when those MGs do well we get a lot of those, too. for example, thats why we get so many versions of the MG unicorn. the OVA is crazy popular and people just keep buying the kits. so bandai keeps them coming :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 14:52   Link #24657
RX93-2
White Unicorn

That and the Unicorn Ver Ka, Unicorn OVA, Unicorn MS Cage, FA Unicorn ver Ka, Banshee OVA all use a lot of the same molds.

Molds are damn expensive, thousands of dollars each;
I saw a documentary once about LEGO, mold for 1 brick type is over 5000bucks for the less complex ones. Imagine how much a full gunpla tree costs.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 22:06   Link #24658
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
inner frame looks really good! the only problem is the skinny legss...
They look fine once all the armor is put on.
Old 2012-02-24, 23:45   Link #24659
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
That and the Unicorn Ver Ka, Unicorn OVA, Unicorn MS Cage, FA Unicorn ver Ka, Banshee OVA all use a lot of the same molds.

Molds are damn expensive, thousands of dollars each;
I saw a documentary once about LEGO, mold for 1 brick type is over 5000bucks for the less complex ones. Imagine how much a full gunpla tree costs.
Incase, they'll stick to the ones closer to the established inner frame. Considering the Age-1 Spallow unique appendages, maybe MG G-Bouncer and Adele. With an MG Age-2 plausibly coming, non-gundam Age MGs in 2013 perhaps?
Old 2012-02-24, 23:56   Link #24660
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

All this teasing of a Super Strike Gundam makes me wonder if they'll make an MG 2.0 with the proper accessories like the battery packs for its back

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy