AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-17, 01:00   Link #1201
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Now I can finally post this here. This is hilarious
Soon Disney will aquire the rights to Magi...

...and the princess is a tsundere?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 01:00   Link #1202
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Read the thread. Haruhi, these posts...

It's a show based on a shounen manga. Action is expected. Whether it's good or not is a personal thing, which you WILL have to decide on your own. Which means watching it.
That was unnecessary, if you can't answer his question, or don't want to, it's better to just not say anything than respond with that kind of negative attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt296 View Post
So is this anime any good? Does it have a fair amount of action? (AniDB has no action tags for it)
Yes it is actually very good the arc after this was a bit lack luster (it made me drop the manga for a while) but after that it gets REALLY good, like way better than this current arc (which is really awesome by the way) You should stick with the show (or check out the manga if you can)
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 02:37   Link #1203
Pacify

That was another solid episode, finding it hard to find fault with the adaptation of this arc so far.

The princess was more awesome then i was expecting lol, and that scene with mor and alibaba >_> lol

The next arc is very mediocre, but yeah the next arc picks right back up again. I hope Magi gets a second season eventually, current arc would be great to see animated
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 02:48   Link #1204
Entravity

Didn't know that Hanazawa voiced Ren. Things looking good as usual.
Old 2012-12-17, 04:09   Link #1205
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Didn't care for the beginning of this episode/tsundere princess (generic high level enemy appears out of nowhere, flexes muscles, disappears) or Ali Baba's indecisiveness like far too many shounen protagonists before him but the rest of the episode was solid. Love the jab at using paper money. Only idiots would ever do that!

Brilliant!
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 05:23   Link #1206
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Credit to Alibaba for taking the initiative. The courting has officially begun. Morigana is one lucky girl!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 05:55   Link #1207
webkid94
*Author

As soon as I heard that princess speak I was like "Kana Hanazawa voicing a tsundere? HELL YES!"
Oreimo season 2 cannot come faster.

Even if the setting totally should negate such tsundere-ness, it's KanaHana so all is forgiven. I do think I'm finally getting into this show more now that things like Ugo going berserk, the corruption of Balbadd and some more info on the Kou Empire are getting attention. The art isn't anything great but damn A-1 is just animating everything this season, so I guess I can forgive that.

Also, DAT ASS. Anime's answer to goatse?
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 08:27   Link #1208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That Alibaba butt scene was too much

Very nice episode. The princess came across as a humongous bitch at first, but it turns out she's just tsundere. She's actually pretty cute when she's flustered. The video posted earlier by Hiroshi Amearai is hilarious. Sinbad x Ren (?) is my new OTP.

The horrifying truth has finally been revealed. That bastard King intends to turn Balbad into a slave country. The time is ripe for Alibaba to take action. He can't leave that man on the throne any longer if he wants his country to have a future. I doubt Alibaba himself will become King though. He needs to go on more adventures with Aladdin and Mor.
Old 2012-12-17, 08:41   Link #1209
Westlo
Lets be reality

I prefer the other Ren pairing...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 08:48   Link #1210
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I do like that they didn't make the same mistake as the manga, making the princess look much older than she is in her introduction and then slowly changing her design to look younger. Here she looks and sounds her age right off the bat.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:32   Link #1211
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Tsundere with KanaHana voice detected !!!

That scene of Alibaba x Morgiana sure is hillarious...
Alibaba, good job. *thumb up Now Morgiana certainly will always remember you...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:40   Link #1212
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

I love Kougyoku, she's so cute. Lol. Have some pictures of her
Images
Ren Kougyoku
Old 2012-12-17, 10:27   Link #1213
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

WHOA!!

By the second-half of Episode 11 I thought I had stumbled into an Episode of Spice And Wolf.

I noticed ever since that gem of a light-novel/anime series, there has been a gradual but steadily increasing trend of portraying the power of economics and the backstabbing machiavalean politics behind said economics in Fantasy Anime.

It seems nowaday even in a fantasy world far far away, even the mightiest heroes and nations can now be brought low if you just have enough coins to do it.
Old 2012-12-17, 12:00   Link #1214
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Princess: I"M KILL U ALL NOW!

Sinbad: Please don't ok?

Princess: *blushes* Ok, I"m going away now BUT NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE A HOT MALE NOPE THATS TOTALLY NOT IT AT ALL K?
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 13:20   Link #1215
whitecloud

Hougyoku ten summoning the spirit of isolation....hyourinmaru is that you?....oh no wait...it's vinea...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 13:35   Link #1216
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Hougyoku ten summoning the spirit of isolation....hyourinmaru is that you?....oh no wait...it's vinea...
Still a better transformation that Hourinmaru. ;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Princess: I"M KILL U ALL NOW!

Sinbad: Please don't ok?

Princess: *blushes* Ok, I"m going away now BUT NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE A HOT MALE NOPE THATS TOTALLY NOT IT AT ALL K?
I-It's not like any girl would say or do so when a handsome guy would tell her that. Imagine yourself in the place of the princess when a guy like Sindbad would ask you that.
Old 2012-12-17, 18:11   Link #1217
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
I-It's not like any girl would say or do so when a handsome guy would tell her that. Imagine yourself in the place of the princess when a guy like Sindbad would ask you that.
I think I'd die actually. Especially if they were voiced by Daisuke Ono
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 01:02   Link #1218
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I do like that they didn't make the same mistake as the manga, making the princess look much older than she is in her introduction and then slowly changing her design to look younger. Here she looks and sounds her age right off the bat.
But the rediculous loli-transformation and de-aging of Kougyoku was one of the most lolworthy thing about the manga!

This seems to be yet another one of anime's "correction" of inconsistency, just like changing Amon dungeon into a fire one.
Old 2012-12-18, 04:18   Link #1219
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
But the rediculous loli-transformation and de-aging of Kougyoku was one of the most lolworthy thing about the manga!

This seems to be yet another one of anime's "correction" of inconsistency, just like changing Amon dungeon into a fire one.
We have to thank Ohtaka's editor for the de-aging of Kougyoku. After all, her editor keep telling her that Kougyoku looks like an old hag and managed to make her re-design Kougyoku
Old 2012-12-18, 07:31   Link #1220
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
It seems nowaday even in a fantasy world far far away, even the mightiest heroes and nations can now be brought low if you just have enough coins to do it.
"Coins" is incorrect and actually the opposite of what he was trying to illustrate. Rare precious metal coins on the other hand have inherent value.

"Paper money" or fiat currency is the real devil, money backed by nothing just empty promises like our current bankrupt system. The value of paper money can be manipulated by the issuing body, in Magi's case, the Kou Empire, in our case, the Fèdèràl Rèservè.

It's interesting the mangaka has a keen interest in world economy and used it to craft context in his story. Hm, I actually peaked at the first chapter of the manga and it seems this soft education is well on his agenda.

Just makes me like the series even more.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen