Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-06-05, 13:59   Link #5421
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And someone should really photoshop Erza/Clare and Azuma/Rigaldo soon. "Superb".
yeah it would seem people thought of that ... http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=732102
Old 2011-06-05, 15:47   Link #5422
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
yeah it would seem people thought of that ... http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=732102
I lol'd at the fact that there was even a discussion about which moment was more epic. As if FT, as much as I love it, could hold a candle to Claymore, much less that moment in question
Old 2011-06-05, 22:52   Link #5423
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

OH wow, that's....funny. XD Awesome stuff that.

Come to think of it... this conclusion to the Erza/Azuma fight would have been the same/ had the same effect as if Miria had rallied and defeated Rigaldo on her own. Now if it had been Wendy Marvell who had defeated Azuma...0.0 "Superb" definitely comes to mind and we would have been gushing at how unbelievably awesome Wendy was.
Old 2011-06-06, 07:50   Link #5424
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Jeez...apparently anyone could have won against him, solong they day dreamed of everyone cheering ____ on. Obvious fight ended obviously.
Old 2011-06-06, 08:06   Link #5425
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

my fav quote from the Haeger link was this:

Quote:
So there were deaths in the Rigardo fight? Who gives a shit, that's what Clare gets for being a simpleton, if she'd simply believed in her Nakama properly she'd have won with an easy one-shot. Fairy Tail's handling of complex themes like the power of friendship is just one of the many things that seperate it from dross like Claymore!
Superb.

Jokes aside though, I really hated this chapter, and I friggin love Erza. I'm still trying to figure out where she pulled the hax strength from...
Old 2011-06-06, 08:36   Link #5426
haegar
mangaviking

there is no reasonable explanation where she pulled that from, other than the bright golden light of nakamadom pushing her her onward, the bright light that must shine brightly and painfully somewhere in Mashima's brain. Maybe it is even BURNING in there ...smh

Well, can't be helped. Let's hope Levy doesn't oneshot Hades with a simmilar nakamaburst and all shall be well Erza did look great though. AAND it got us that coloring of all colorings
Old 2011-06-06, 09:01   Link #5427
tarachi
Observer

I'm okay with the "tree is still helping FT members" if there are other signs pointing on it. Rather than the illusion/imagination of Erza's nakama giving her power.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 12:34   Link #5428
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
the illusion/imagination of Erza's nakama giving her power.
Deluded Erza -> mad Erza -> yandere Erza -> WIN! I don't get all the claymore comparison. Even though I've never read/watched claymore, I highly doubt it is comparable to FT, of all things...it's like comparing Bleach to Berserk
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 12:53   Link #5429
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Even though I've never read/watched claymore, I highly doubt it is comparable to FT, of all things...it's like comparing Bleach to Berserk
Well it true of a sort, though if you mean to imply FT = Berserk & Claymore = Bleach thanyou better repent for your sins right away

anyways, recommend you read the Claymore manga before the anime.. Totally different from FT but it is rly great
Old 2011-06-06, 12:59   Link #5430
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Deluded Erza -> mad Erza -> yandere Erza -> WIN! I don't get all the claymore comparison. Even though I've never read/watched claymore, I highly doubt it is comparable to FT, of all things...it's like comparing Bleach to Berserk
It's just the one scene where the heroine cuts down a more powerful enemy and all he has to say about it is "superb". (I'd have to see the raws, but it's quite possible they used the same word, and they were just translated differently)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 13:47   Link #5431
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
! I don't get all the claymore comparison.
Click Haeger's link, Azuma's future cuddly friendship with FT defeat by Erza was remarkably similar to the death of Rigaldo, a character of Claymore.
Old 2011-06-06, 13:51   Link #5432
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I checked it out, I just mean that the mood seems totally different. Fairy Tail is a naturally light and happy story, Claymore appears to be somewhat darker and perhaps unable to use the same themes.
Old 2011-06-06, 14:05   Link #5433
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
I checked it out, I just mean that the mood seems totally different. Fairy Tail is a naturally light and happy story, Claymore appears to be somewhat darker and perhaps unable to use the same themes.
hai. you should still read it though

I should add that it's great fun to follow up on the mangaka's artwork improving steadily... and also that it has niice, long arcs ... guud story tellin
Old 2011-06-06, 14:46   Link #5434
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Well, yeah. if FT's about friendship, guts, and victory, Claymore's about friendship, guilt, and survival (of some of the party...). So, hm, one out of three?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 23:36   Link #5435
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Wow! You all where reading what amounted to mostly mine and Faither's debate about "superb" vs "splendid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quote:
Well, yeah. if FT's about friendship, guts, and victory, Claymore's about friendship, guilt, and survival (of some of the party...). So, hm, one out of three?
I would agree to this. However I'd like to add that Claymore balances survivors guilt and lone wolf approaches with teamwork and very wounded characters trying to open up but not knowing how to (they want a loving friendship but are scared to face it or fear it's lose to the point they don't act on it sometimes). Those that ignore teamwork and/or can't move past there own issues often, but not always, end up in a world of hurt though sometimes it makes for a true best friend for those whom open up a bit to another (and all those that happen are very emotionally rewarding to the reader when they happen). Though there have been hints that in some situations the characters may take a nakama approach to things down the road, but in a more realistic setting. There is a theme that I won't spell out that counters Nakama to some degree though... I'm still trying to figure out how the two will balance out after every chapter... or fail to, but it's clear they're going to have to make a choice soon of what they want to be and how to go about it.

Put another way, these are very wounded characters whom are slowly figuring it out that they need to work together in more than just battle but end up placing too much burden on there own shoulders since they don't want to lose anymore friends. Think of it like Erza in ToP arc where she does everything wrong but without Natsu there to emotionally support her, sometimes it works and other times there's consequences. Now unlike ToP the story telling is top notch in this department when FT was ok at best. How do I put that best... in one chapter 2 separate characters cried there eyes out in very different scenes for very different reasons and yet everyone loved the fact that they cried and raved about it... I didn't see or hear of a single person bitching about it. The story telling was that good.

One last thing I'll mention in the series you'll learn quite quickly that unlike other standard Shounens, Power corrupts in Claymore... think of it close to Ichigo losing control to his Vizard side but much darker, can set in far easier, can't be undone once control over power running wild is lost, and it effects every last character with powers. To counter this they work in teams sometimes against stronger opponents, but due to the power corrupts theme sometimes they might have to fight a fallen friend (hence part of the fear of opening up to anyone). Due to low numbers Claymores they often fight alone to take out as much weak enemies over a wide area as possible. Now I made this statement very ambiguous and slightly distorted things to not spoil anything. or did I?

-----
Spoiler for More details of Claymore... no spoilers:

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-06-06 at 23:55.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 00:20   Link #5436
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wasn't that nakama powers were actually comes from FT's member magic? Maybe their magic had some 'souls' in it and they're trying by themselves to reverse the magic so that it can empowers Erza.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 10:12   Link #5437
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Their magic is their life - in other words, it's a part of their entire being. It's why taking over someone's magic is met with a most of the time. Not one person in Fairy Tail wishes to harm one of their own - least of all, Erza. Even Natsu, who wants to defeat her, will put himself through hell n back for her, no questions asked and if you DID ask, he'll punch you out for slowing him down.

Since their magic is a part of themselves, in a way, it contains a 'will' of its own - this can 'explain' how Fairy Glitter got transferred to Cana even though the dude's dead.
Old 2011-06-07, 12:34   Link #5438
Kafriel
Senior Guest

To shift discussion a bit, I'll just randomly drop Fairy Tail as a potential name for the third and final FT broken spell. And I foresee Natsu using it
Old 2011-06-07, 14:00   Link #5439
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ I agree that's plausible. Though I'd prefer Fairy Death or Fairy Storm(reference to Geese + Rock Howard )
Old 2011-06-08, 13:36   Link #5440
sayde

Quote:
To shift discussion a bit, I'll just randomly drop Fairy Tail as a potential name for the third and final FT broken spell. And I foresee Natsu using it
I'm gonna take it a step further with Fairy Tail's Law of the Fire Dragon"!
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen