AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 29.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-15, 14:32   Link #21
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Any news on the 2nd opening and the music for it?

Last season had Kawada Mami doing the first half of it for the opening before Kotoko took over. Are they going to do the same for this season?
Old 2007-12-15, 15:19   Link #22
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post

Last season had Kawada Mami doing the first half of it for the opening before Kotoko took over. Are they going to do the same for this season?
no news as of yet, but if I remember correctly last season they only switched the theme songs at episode 16.
Old 2007-12-15, 15:21   Link #23
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post

This will probably depend on the length of the Pheles arc. If there is a 2nd opening, most likely Kawada Mami will be doing it again, since I can't imagine KOTOKO doing a SnS song while Hayate no Gotoku is still moving strong.
Old 2007-12-15, 15:23   Link #24
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
This will probably depend on the length of the Pheles arc. If there is a 2nd opening, most likely Kawada Mami will be doing it again, since I can't imagine KOTOKO doing a SnS song while Hayate no Gotoku is still moving strong.
O yeah I forgot about the involvement in Hayate no Gotoku for a moment there.
Old 2007-12-15, 20:25   Link #25
alvinkhorfire

I was kind of hoping that they will animate what happened to Pheles and Johan until Reiji Maigo was transferrred to Yuji, instead of letting just Wilhelmina doing the explaining. But anyway, the explantion is good.

Honestly, before seeing this episode, I thought that no one will beat Ike in terms of diligence since he is one of smartest. Therefore, I was surprised to see Ike outclassed by Fujita.

Sexual harassment by Kimiko: She might have learnt it from Ogata in the OVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
shana do know wilhelmina know something (possibility) on yuji's silver flame color... and there will be a lot of tough works for wilhelmina later. give her a strong push.
I wonder what Wilhelmina is hiding from Yuji and Shana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep12 episode preview:

I wonder if this is a good idea. Margery will not going to take this fact lightly.
Old 2007-12-15, 22:07   Link #26
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I wonder if this is a good idea. Margery will not going to take this fact lightly.
I'm somewhat doubting she's going to have the time to start anything when there's a powerful Crimson Lord coming at them right now...

though maybe after this Pheles thing is cleared up it'll cause some major problems.
Old 2007-12-15, 22:30   Link #27
X10A_Freedom

Quite a dissapointing episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-16, 17:13   Link #28
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Quite a dissapointing episode.

Spoiler:
I have to agree with you. At least, they should extend the news to a longer duration. After all, this news is the main story of this episode, aptly called "The Promised Pair". Or better, as I said previously, they should animate what happened to Pheles and Johan. Well, I guess that I can't be too greedy.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2007-12-17 at 01:29.
Old 2007-12-16, 18:57   Link #29
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
After all, this news is the main story of this episode, aptly called "The Promised Pair".
I stopped falling for their dirty tricks with these "previews" after what happened with episode five's preview for six wherein the event ended up being a test in school instead of a conflict with a tomogara or something.
Old 2007-12-17, 08:26   Link #30
ipernorris

What does the maid flame haze mean by saying Phyles's power is absolute? From how she speaks about her she seems a godness, but at the end she says "Phyles you're the only one I don't want to fight against" so the maid thinks to be a match for her, after all.
Old 2007-12-17, 10:20   Link #31
Kristen
*Author

This was a night and day episode for me... First half was nothing more than boring filler. I honestly checked the timing at around 12 minutes, thinking that they may have skipped the commercial break and were nearing the end of another bad episode...

First half I'd give a 4, and that's lenient on the upside.

The second half was a lot of setup. It's been about 1.1 episodes of setup now, so next one better have something start. If not, they overdid it. I'd give that part a 6.

So, overall, 5. It's just another boring episode, but it has a bit of hope this time around.

Oh, and why is everyone is school calling Shana by the name Shana instead of Hikari?
Old 2007-12-17, 10:51   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Oh, and why is everyone is school calling Shana by the name Shana instead of Hikari?
It's been going on for a while now, they must have just heard about the nickname Shana.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:03   Link #33
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Maybe it was my anime deprivation that caused me to actually enjoy this episode a bit, so I will wait to give my final rating after another watch, but this slice of life is definitely better than the konoe slice of live by far.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:40   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ike really does live a hard life. All the condolences on the guy trying to survive the day.

At any rate the Pheles news gets sprung and now there is even more to think about. Dealing with the question of silver flame which just doesn't happen and now a powerful opponent on the horizon.

Not a whole lot to say about the episode. But things look to be progressing so will just wait and see.
Old 2007-12-17, 12:36   Link #35
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
What does the maid flame haze mean by saying Phyles's power is absolute? From how she speaks about her she seems a godness, but at the end she says "Phyles you're the only one I don't want to fight against" so the maid thinks to be a match for her, after all.
Seems as if Wilhelmina has more information about Pheles once based on her lines. Might be things that she didn't speak about to Yuji or Shana. If Pheles did have absolute power, then one could wonder about the battle that she and Johan were defeated in.

If someone could defeated that couple, then Yuji might pull off an upset should he confront the Guze Queen.
Old 2007-12-17, 14:33   Link #36
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Absolute power? Eternal life? Messing around with time itself? I can dig it. Pheles sounds pretty awesome. And she certainly looks stylish. Long green hair is a must, for sure. Better than three-eyes.

On an unrelated note, Shana looked rather short going down the hill with Yuji at the end. Or, for some reason that seemed to stick out to me...
Old 2007-12-17, 16:56   Link #37
ipernorris

Ah anyway why do they keep Pheeles so secret while they showed us plenty of her in the op since episode 1?
Old 2007-12-17, 17:08   Link #38
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
On an unrelated note, Shana looked rather short going down the hill with Yuji at the end. Or, for some reason that seemed to stick out to me...
To Yuji, Shana has always been about chin-high.
Old 2007-12-17, 18:44   Link #39
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Shana: (while in the shower): Do I need more fat on my body?

BWAHAHAHAHA! Priceless quote!
Old 2007-12-17, 19:34   Link #40
zqube

So little has actually happened so far which means this episode seemed to be good.
Closed Thread