1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-01, 13:28   Link #21
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 13:31   Link #22
magnuskn

Well, having the cyborn faction being in the shadows would be a very interesting callback to Frontier. We'll see. ^^
Old 2016-05-01, 13:31   Link #23
YF19EX

Well looks like NUNS does not really have anything like a prime directive. Colonize all the things!

On that note, looks like Windermere had a Megaroad class colony ship drop in on them. Don't think it was the Megaroad 1, but more like how Frontier was playing fanservice with the SDF-4 Global sitting abandoned on a planet. I really want to see another SDFN starship in service. You figure with the Global, they had at least 2 more out there.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 13:43   Link #24
ReddyRedWolf

There were 12 SDFN built. Besides the SDFN-4 Global there is the SDFN-01 Hayase and the SDFN-08 Vrlitwhai, which colonized Ouroboros and serves as the capital Vrlitwhai City. Then there is the SDFN on the cover of Macross E manga which is a prequel to Maross Delta.
Old 2016-05-01, 13:47   Link #25
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
There were 12 SDFN built. Besides the SDFN-4 Global there is the SDFN-01 Hayase and the SDFN-08 Vrlitwhai, which colonized Ouroboros and serves as the capital Vrlitwhai City. Then there is the SDFN on the cover of Macross E manga which is a prequel to Maross Delta.
Ah I really should pay attention to the details of the Mecha Manual more often.

Well standard formula complete, take the singer out for a joy ride in your Valkyrie, and get chewed out in the end. The more I see those two together, the more natural they seem together. This triangle is going to be painful to watch if they writers can pull it off right.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 13:57   Link #26
mickbis

Just noticed that
Windermere gender can be identify by rune shape
Male has cross like shape and Female has heart shape
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 14:03   Link #27
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Ah I really should pay attention to the details of the Mecha Manual more often.
Macross Chronicle actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Just noticed that
Twins have both. So at least one star but two runes. Unless you are Helmann where you lost one during the revolution.
Old 2016-05-01, 14:10   Link #28
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Just noticed that
You only noticed it now?

So if the UNS policy back then was "Colonize everything" especially on primitive worlds, maybe the windermerans were envious of humans and zentradi, two species with a greater lifespans than them with accomplishements far greater than they could have imagined, they're the litteral space elves of Macross.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 14:19   Link #29
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Twins have both. So at least one star but two runes. Unless you are Helmann where you lost one during the revolution.
Helmann? those senior knight right?
still the twin Rune still look like a star shape to me even it not sharp like other male rune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
You only noticed it now?

So if the UNS policy back then was "Colonize everything" especially on primitive worlds, maybe the windermerans were envious of humans and zentradi, two species with a greater lifespans than them with accomplishements far greater than they could have imagined, they're the litteral space elves of Macross.
start realize after see those Windermere civilian lol
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 14:27   Link #30
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Well, NUNS do not colonize worlds with intelligent life forms, but do seem to uplift them from their primitive state as standard practice. Though we are left to wonder as to how certain individual species are integrated into the greater NUNS. Something tells me not all attempts were through the wonders of culture.

The Wind may be jealous of the Zentradi for their long lifespan, but surprisingly, its not being discussed among them in length at this time. I think they are far more sensitive to what may be viewed as a discretion of Protoculture ruins than lifespan.

As a side note, if people did not realize already, humanity is actually not the most populous species within the NUNS.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 14:41   Link #31
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, NUNS do not colonize worlds with intelligent life forms, but do seem to uplift them from their primitive state as standard practice. Though we are left to wonder as to how certain individual species are integrated into the greater NUNS. Something tells me not all attempts were through the wonders of culture.

The Wind may be jealous of the Zentradi for their long lifespan, but surprisingly, its not being discussed among them in length at this time. I think they are far more sensitive to what may be viewed as a discretion of Protoculture ruins than lifespan.

As a side note, if people did not realize already, humanity is actually not the most populous species within the NUNS.

- Tak
I wonder what's NUNS requirements for uplifting a primitive species, How they choose them.

Of course, I bet the zentradi are the majority of the population, btw, who hold the most power in the NUNS?
Old 2016-05-01, 14:44   Link #32
Tak

Quote:
Of course, I bet the zentradi are the majority of the population, btw, who hold the most power in the NUNS?
After Space War I, the supreme commander of all UNS (and later NUNS) forces were under the supreme command of Vrlitwhai, who probably still hold that position today. The Lingua-Franca between colonies is Zentran, and Zentradi military is still vastly numerically superior compared to their human counterparts, so... yeah

Its just that... the Zentradi seems lazy when it comes to actual governance. Especially since most Zentradi prefers the corridors of their spaceships than actual planets.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-05-01, 15:19   Link #33
Tenzen12

I wouldn't call them lazy... Their culture managed go without such things for millennias and they are not most flexible race around.
Old 2016-05-01, 15:29   Link #34
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I wouldn't call them lazy... Their culture managed go without such things for millennias and they are not most flexible race around.
Well, lazy is a bad way of putting it. I should have used tedious, and Zentradi don't like tedious. Unless its about blowing stuff up.

That, and they aren't keen on having too much feelings.

I have always thought Max as captain of the 7 and Milia being mayor was a reversal of roles and exception to the rule.

- Tak

Old 2016-05-01, 16:38   Link #35
magnuskn

Quote:
You only noticed it now?

Hrm, given their lifespans, shouldn't be the Windermerans be the space orks of the Macrossverse? Zentradi and Meltrandi make almost literal space elves.

*edit* Just looked at the RAW. Without being able to understand the dialogue, I think we might have seen the first inkling of a possible Mirage/Hayate romance. They certainly seem much more comfortable around each other by now. Of course it seems to be in the very, very early stages still...

Last edited by magnuskn; 2016-05-01 at 17:05.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 17:09   Link #36
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hrm, given their lifespans, shouldn't be the Windermerans be the space orks of the Macrossverse? Zentradi and Meltrandi make almost literal space elves.
I mean terrans and zentradi, both of them are the space elves of macross concerning technology and culture.
Old 2016-05-01, 17:18   Link #37
magnuskn

Ah, okay.
Old 2016-05-01, 19:34   Link #38
xeviouses

Taking the singer out for a date in a VF...didn't that happen with Hikaru and Minmay?

Whatever the Windermerans reason for the war, it just seems NUNS really isn't taking them seriously.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 21:30   Link #39
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Taking the singer out for a date in a VF...didn't that happen with Hikaru and Minmay?

Whatever the Windermerans reason for the war, it just seems NUNS really isn't taking them seriously.
It is possible that Fold Quartz Tech (that allows almost instant communication and travel) is still bring propagated and not all have it.

Add to that NUNS being too benevolent in just doing an "Ok" response that Saitama would be proud- and not to mention they are decentralized enough that they are bordering on the "don't care about them" line. But then they do have the Var WMD, which makes them cautious until they can develop full preventive counters to it and not just rely on singers- because the last time that happened, the Vajra happened.

And speaking of which...

Spoiler for What Timing:
Old 2016-05-01, 22:04   Link #40
Maverick05

First and most importantly, I hope Hayate has to make 31 laps around the Elysium with EX-Gear suit as punishment for his "instrument check" night flight.

Second, personally I don't think NUNS has become benevolent. Simply, it has become too huge and decentralized that the decision-making time is too big. It's like watching an atomic bomb floating in space falling down VERY slowly, so basically you don't fear it (until it suddenly pop a Fold Booster and you don't even have time to feel the blast).

Finally, since Windermere brass got a picture of Frejya and didn't go "WTF", I think it eliminates the possibility that she´s royalty or nobility. She's just a random village girl that got an Ipod from a random Earthling (hoping for Basara but really doubt it).
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote