AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-06-05, 17:29   Link #121
Thess

Epsilon Foundation.

There you go, you have your final villains dressed and recognizable as an unfortunate stereotype.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 04:15   Link #122
ReddyRedWolf

With Delta down a pilot it is an opportune time I think for Lady M to show up.

edit:

From 2ch
Quote:
>ラバマスに未公開キャラAとBがいるから新キャラ2名追加はほぼ確定
>Δ小隊人数足りないから1人はパイロット枠で来るんじゃないか?
>後ライトニングがプラモとマスターファイルになるんだけどΔに繋がるエピソードつきらしいから
>「ライトニング」って名前のジーナス家のキャラがワンチャンあるやもしれん
>ミラージュときたからにはライトニングって名前もありそうだし
Quote:

> New character 2 Extra from unpublished characters A and B Guile to Rabamasu almost finalized
> Δ platoon or number one because not enough is not it come in a pilot frame ?
> After the Lightning is because seems episode with that leads to Δ I 'm going to be in the plastic model and the master file
> " Lightning " I genus house of character names ordeal . And to a certain one- Chan
> It is likely there is also a name I Lightning Now that came with the Mirage
We are getting new characters. The VF-4 Lightning will be featured.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2016-06-06 at 10:20.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 10:43   Link #123
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Epsilon Foundation.

There you go, you have your final villains dressed and recognizable as an unfortunate stereotype.
Not as stereotypical as that, if you ever have visited Dubai.
Old 2016-06-06, 10:59   Link #124
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Not as stereotypical as that, if you ever have visited Dubai.
Well, not just the "middle eastern" design but his face has narrowed eyes, evil moustache, and a seiyuu famous for voicing a middle eastern mecha bad guy in Gundam. They only needed to name him Mr. Evil McScheming to make it more obvious.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-06-06, 11:14   Link #125
Annorax

Well we already got fanatical bad guys from a poor primitive shithole, may or may not feed lies by their leader, need a more advanced party to supply them weapons and Wind's wierd superiority feeling against NUN and earth going on. One more steretotype isnt changing much.
That middle-east dude is called Berger.. Not exactly midle-easty name, more of traditional european...
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 19:44   Link #126
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Well, not just the "middle eastern" design but his face has narrowed eyes, evil moustache, and a seiyuu famous for voicing a middle eastern mecha bad guy in Gundam. They only needed to name him Mr. Evil McScheming to make it more obvious.
Is FujiKei famous for that? I personally remember him more for Maes Hughes on both FMA series. i didn't like Gundam 00 all that much, but even then, in terms of villains, I associate FujiKei with other stuff he's done.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 21:30   Link #127
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Is FujiKei famous for that? I personally remember him more for Maes Hughes on both FMA series. i didn't like Gundam 00 all that much, but even then, in terms of villains, I associate FujiKei with other stuff he's done.
Yeah, I mean in mecha, I'll say that's his most infamous role.

Old 2016-06-06, 21:58   Link #128
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Oh my goddess, he was such an asshole in 00... he is how much we dislike the Wind right now condensed into one person.

- Tak

I am not to be held responsible for anything I said or did before coffee.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 22:02   Link #129
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Wondering:

How does rune sensing work anyways?

We see multiple Windemereans rely on them for incoming senses- in particular Hermann, who sensed multiple attack intents in several occasions.

I'm also wondering why they can't just try and sic normal ghosts on them or if things get to shit, unleash them- I'm guessing that a couple of unleashed drones would have made quick work of a couple of knights and making the rest run for their lives.
Old 2016-06-07, 03:47   Link #130
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Wondering:

How does rune sensing work anyways?
Fold waves. Not the first time in a Macross series there is Newtype senses. The Nomes have it and their ancestors were engineered to be Bird Human pilots.
Old 2016-06-08, 10:14   Link #131
azarhal

From 4chan, future episodes titles (original pic):

11. Jellyfish Reminiscences
12. King of the Wind
13. Diving Fury/Passion/some strong emotion (hard to translate since it's that word that could mean many things depending on the context)
14. Embracing Driftage
15. Parting resolution
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 10:27   Link #132
Tak

13: Passionate Diving.
15: Farewell Resolution.

- Tak

Old 2016-06-08, 18:33   Link #133
Boukenxha

Since we are going into reminiscing, would be nice to see Kaname recall the times in the past Messer saved her. Along the way, he had already taken on himself to look out for her safety and protect her. Against a rampaging Regult in ep 1, pushed her out of the line of fire in ep 8 where Messer got hurt instead and finally repelling the Knight's attack in ep 10.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 19:45   Link #134
Thess

It could be about Mikumo since she and Freyja just got a interesting experience. Or Makina and Reina, due to voice actress guest.

Old 2016-06-08, 23:10   Link #135
ReddyRedWolf

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Someone from /a/ got this tidbit. Whether accurate I'm not sure.

Aerial Knights got their name as such because before the Terran's came their knights ride flying beasts. Probably something like dragons. This is why they named the SV-262 Draken.

This coupled with the Aerial Knight manga Keith whining they lost their sky and all they got was VFs in exchange puts things into perspective. Up until the Terrans came knights riding flying animals were the top dog. Now with VF's like with guns introduced to feudal society upset the balance as anybody with aptitude can ride a VF. Really the ones pushing for this war is the knight class not the peasants who were happy to profit from the NUN.
Old 2016-06-08, 23:23   Link #136
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Someone from /a/ got this tidbit. Whether accurate I'm not sure.

Aerial Knights got their name as such because before the Terran's came their knights ride flying beasts. Probably something like dragons. This is why they named the SV-262 Draken.

This coupled with the Aerial Knight manga Keith whining they lost their sky and all they got was VFs in exchange puts things into perspective. Up until the Terrans came knights riding flying animals were the top dog. Now with VF's like with guns introduced to feudal society upset the balance as anybody with aptitude can ride a VF. Really the ones pushing for this war is the knight class not the peasants who were happy to profit from the NUN.

Note quite dragons.

The Knights used to ride giant monsters akin to enormous flying squirrels, where they glide down (not fly) from the mountains to attack castles & strongholds during sieges. Thus they got their nickname of (literally speaking) 'Wind Riding' Knights, later to be known as Aerial Knights, or Knights of the Wind.

- Tak

Old 2016-06-08, 23:36   Link #137
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Note quite dragons.

The Knights used to ride giant monsters akin to enormous flying squirrels, where they glide down (not fly) from the mountains to attack castles & strongholds during a siege. Thus they got their nickname of (literally speaking) 'Wind Riding' Knights, later to be known as Aerial Knights, or Knights of the Wind.

- Tak
Er...not quite. They rode large animal mounts, but there's no indication that they were flying mounts. And the "musasabi suit" is a wingsuit...

Direct TL:

Quote:
The Roots of the Aerial Knights

In the past, Windermere's Aerial Knights were a chivalric/military order that rode on large animal mounts and used gliders akin to wingsuits to leap from hill/mountain tops to siege castles and other strongholds. They were known as the 'Wind Riding' Knights. 40 years ago, they obtained fighter technology from the NUN government, and thus became an elite air force instead. (Kawamori)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 23:41   Link #138
Tak

Quote:
Er...not quite. They rode large animal mounts, but there's no indication that they were flying mounts. And the "musasabi suit" is a wingsuit...
Karice, read my quote again, I put in parenthesis that they didn't fly.

Edit: Wait, I also misread it, they rode both monsters and used gliders. My bad, could you punish me, pretty please?

- Tak

Old 2016-06-09, 00:03   Link #139
Darthtabby

Wingsuits and gliding creatures like giant flying squirrels?

Maybe Kawamori is aware that Draken means "kite" as well as "dragon" in Swedish. Actually going by some sources "kite" is the official definition with regards to the real life SAAB J35 Draken fighter that the Aerial Knights' SV-262s were loosely modeled on. BTW, an earlier SAAB jet fighter was called "Tunnan," which translates as "barrel."

Perhaps the coolest name given to a SAAB jet fighter is "Viggen." The name is often translated as "thunderbolt" but the word is particularly associated with thunderbolts produced by Thor's hammer.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 00:09   Link #140
ReddyRedWolf

And the Twins said Windermere was peaceful till the Terrans came.