gg, uninstall

alright what exactly is a double issue, cz i havent seen any length change

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 22:51   Link #183
Kyuubi k?
Nine Tails

Send a message via AIM to Kyuubi k? Send a message via MSN to Kyuubi k?
just waiting on 338 here >.<
Kyuubi k? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 23:53   Link #184
majin_vegeta

This is so great. I can't wait to see the next chapter. This is the perfect chance for Naruto to showase his skills. The enemies are expandable and ver powerful. He'll finally be able to show some of the stuff that Jiraiya taught him besides his kyuubi power. Plus, it will allow us to see how he is finally on a level equal to Kakashi by destroying the last three of Hidan's hearts unaided while saving Shikimaru in a Goku like manner. I hope he doesn't arive on that battlefield to late.

On a side note, wouldn't it be great if Sauske was the one to step in on Shikimaru's fight. They could be so close and so far away from each other.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 00:34   Link #185
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Naruto is currently in the perfect possition to gain some browney points with not only his fictional counterparts.....but also us fans who want to see him improve

With the situation the others have gotten themselves into, its just screaming out loud for Naruto to show off some moves. The 2.5 years he spent training with Jiraiya seem to have been a let down, massively. So what with his sudden gain in knowledge of chakra manipilation and his seemingly maturer attitude, I would love to see him pull some funky new ideas out of his sleeves.

Moment of pottential have been shown like during the Kakashi training and also when he stopped the old lady, but not its time to see the real deal.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 01:11   Link #186
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
This is so great. I can't wait to see the next chapter. This is the perfect chance for Naruto to showase his skills. The enemies are expandable and ver powerful. He'll finally be able to show some of the stuff that Jiraiya taught him besides his kyuubi power. Plus, it will allow us to see how he is finally on a level equal to Kakashi by destroying the last three of Hidan's hearts unaided while saving Shikimaru in a Goku like manner. I hope he doesn't arive on that battlefield to late.

On a side note, wouldn't it be great if Sauske was the one to step in on Shikimaru's fight. They could be so close and so far away from each other.
Heh, it's way too early for him taking on alone (without Kyuubi) opponents Kakashi struggle against. I know Kakashi told Naruto he had to surpass him, but in my mind, so far, we just know Naruto's strongest attack is better than Kakashi's strongest attack. With Kakashi's training method, Naruto's potential almost became unlimited, but he has yet to use it for something else than 1 single move. Overall, I think Kakashi is still the best ninja by a mile. That would just make Chouji better than Shikamaru because he hits harder.

And why would Sasuke interfere in Shikamaru's fight ? Oro hated Sasuke fighting desperately against him in the Forest of Death to protect his teammates. He won't send him. And Sasuke has no interests in either Shika and Hidan.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 07:46   Link #187
Gimme

Nice chapter!!
It is so good to see the rescue team and see sakura, naruto and sai back in real fights!
i must be the only one to think that but I'm so happy to see Sai again coz I love his character, even if he does look as gay as possible.
If you think it through there are plenty of strategies possible with such a team.. For instance, Naruto sending some clones and backed up by some Sai's ink monsters, while sakura wait to strike with her powerful blows and yamato releasing powerful ninjutsus... It would give kakashi some time to breathe and maybe get a quick heal, while chouji is still a powerful asset given he clearly hasn't gone all out yet.

Yay!!! can't wait ...
Gimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 08:00   Link #188
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
Yes, yes that would be fantastic...and as Sasuke walks away after defeating enemies Naruto screams "SASUKAYYY!" as tears fall from his eyes.

Sasuke always makes a good exit.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 09:07   Link #189
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
alright what exactly is a double issue, cz i havent seen any length change
It's a tricky name since it doesn't mean any lenght change in a chapter : it means there will be only 1 Shonen Jump for 2 weeks.
They should rather call that half issues if they were honest but I guess it doesn't sound good enough.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 12:59   Link #190
Ichimaru

i still think neji or a byuyaken ninja wouldve benifit from this fight, could allow them to see where the hearts are....too bad they are not part of it..
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 13:45   Link #191
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Yes but if the world was that perfect a place evil people wouldn't be trying to kill them now would they? :P
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 15:01   Link #192
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It's a tricky name since it doesn't mean any lenght change in a chapter : it means there will be only 1 Shonen Jump for 2 weeks.
They should rather call that half issues if they were honest but I guess it doesn't sound good enough.
thx u.

also itd be rly cool if naruto killed them with super speed.. like in bleach. Not that he's ever done any training with super speed (unless of course he hasnt been using it or has a special jutsu for speed *cough*HIRAISHIN*cough*).. but itd be cool cz thats what all the BAMF heroes do. Naruto rly needs to work on his speed if he ever hopes to contend with sasuke, so we can hope that he will prove in this fight that he already isnt that far off.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 19:35   Link #193
shikamaru_kun
Thunder King

If Naruto goes Kyuubi I'd be very disappointed. I think most people have forgotten about it but it would be a good chance to show "that jutsu", and it would also be hilarious if Naruto wins using his new perverted jutsu, who says Akatsuki isn't full of perverts?

And as said above, Hiriashin would be cool, but I wouldn't be able to think of how he would use it in a close combat fight.
shikamaru_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 19:43   Link #194
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
I know Kakashi told Naruto he had to surpass him, but in my mind, so far, we just know Naruto's strongest attack is better than Kakashi's strongest attack.
Kakashi's most powerful attack is stronger than Naruto's own; much stronger. You can't underestimate the power of the MS here.
Old 2007-01-06, 20:01   Link #195
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Uhm....even with this jutsu....just how did Naruto surpassed Kakashi?

Yeah sure his skills with jutsu are probably unsurpassed now...(now that he has done what has never been done before) But then just how would he surpass Kakashi?

- Kakashi remains (faster, stronger, smarter, has more knowlegde, experience, is more perverted...etc. etc.)
Old 2007-01-06, 20:12   Link #196
Rahan

My point exactly

When Kakashi planned to make Naruto surpass him, he either :
  1. meant a long-term training and the Windsengan is only the first step.
  2. only meant Naruto had to learn a technique that even himi was unable to learn. Which doesn't mean Naruto got suddenly stronger than Kakashi.

But so far, Naruto is miles away from surpassing Kakashi and thinking he will be able to finish alone those Akatsuki who are stronger than Kakashi is just wrong.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 20:15   Link #197
shikamaru_kun
Thunder King

Which reminds me, Kakashi hasn't pulled out his MS. But wouldn't that be a way of killing Hidan? Either trapping him in another dimension or blowing him up, while also blowing up Kakuzu. Cause you have Shikamaru binding him, so it would be easy for Kakashi to take aim.

And maybe Kakashi was going to further teach Naruto, but was interrupted suddenly by the Akatsuki attack.
shikamaru_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 20:27   Link #198
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Kakashi's most powerful attack is stronger than Naruto's own; much stronger. You can't underestimate the power of the MS here.
That's not the case, at least at the level Kakashi can handle MS. First thing is that the two jutsu are different, Naruto's jutsu may be weaker in it's effect however it's area of effect is much bigger. Also such an attack when perfected will destroy almost everything, while the MS attack would be better choice only in very special cases.
The second thing is more important, the use of MS has very bad side effects on Kakashi, even Itachi seems to suffer of the effects (if his eyesight is deteriorating). At the same time for a kaze-rasengan only chakra is needed from Naruto, and we know he has even too much of it. So there is no risk in using it, even as a first move, like we see in this chapter. While the MS is really a finishing move, because if it fails the user gets in serious trouble.

Of course yet again it depends on the user how useful a jutsu can be. And Kakashi as a ninja is still better, but he cannot summon Gamabunta or make a kaze-rasengan level elemental move.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 21:34   Link #199
majin_vegeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Heh, it's way too early for him taking on alone (without Kyuubi) opponents Kakashi struggle against. I know Kakashi told Naruto he had to surpass him, but in my mind, so far, we just know Naruto's strongest attack is better than Kakashi's strongest attack. With Kakashi's training method, Naruto's potential almost became unlimited, but he has yet to use it for something else than 1 single move. Overall, I think Kakashi is still the best ninja by a mile. That would just make Chouji better than Shikamaru because he hits harder.

And why would Sasuke interfere in Shikamaru's fight ? Oro hated Sasuke fighting desperately against him in the Forest of Death to protect his teammates. He won't send him. And Sasuke has no interests in either Shika and Hidan.
Well, that may be true, but I think you are forgetting the something. Oro and Sauske both want to decrease the number of Akatsuki members. I wouldn't put it pass him to wait until he has the perfect oppurtunity to capture and innterrogate a member about the where abouts of his brother before killing him. It woud be convieant. And, I am not sure if Oro actually hated that he was doing that. I would say he was or less annoyed by the behavior

On another side note. Did Naruto learn a fire jutsu to go with Gambutuna's oil technique? I hope he has and if he has doesn't that count as element manipulation.

Last edited by majin_vegeta; 2007-01-06 at 22:55. Reason: more to say
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 23:28   Link #200
Lotiman

Hidan is pretty tough. Is he really human?
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote