AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-02-05, 17:21   Link #41
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It seems pretty canon to me...there doesn't seem to be anything involved that de-rails anything before or afterwards.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 11:50   Link #42
krzglue2

I think it is one of the manga that should be put into anime, because all these characters are cool and realistic.
krzglue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 17:25   Link #43
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Crossbone is canon. Its story is written by Tomino.

I recently got my hands on the Japanese version of Steel 7 vol.1
It's pretty cool. Bernadette's (or however you spell her name) step-mother Europa escapes to Earth and brings news that the Jupiter Empire is still very alive and is seeking to destroy Earth with a huge-ass laser device, which will activate in 2 weeks. It is not controlled by Europa's younger twin brothers and they're both really powerful, and one of them beat up Tobia and his X1.

The only way to stop the Jupiter empire is to find 7 pilots and give them Gundams with minovsky drive (or craft?) so they can fly fast enough to Jupiter within two weeks and disrupt the firing of the laser (because the laser has to be very precisely aligned for the ray to reach Earth)

They went around looking for pilots, Tobia thought of Seabook and Cecily, but when he saw them living their lives in happily, he decided to not pull them into war again. Instead, he decided to find the old Death Gale guys (Giley is now an Italian restaurant chef!!! ROFL!)
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 19:37   Link #44
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
soo we got to see new crossbone gundams then
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 20:47   Link #45
krzglue2

Giley as chef, this should be interesting
krzglue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 17:35   Link #46
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Crossbone is canon. Its story is written by Tomino.
Then that would make every Gundam novel he ever wrote canon as well. Manga generally isn't canon, but then again nothing is, and therefore it is up to the fans to decide.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 00:18   Link #47
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
That's true...but I think it's safe to say that Crossbone is canon

It's a reasonable follow up to F91, doesn't break continuity between F91 and V (Steel 7 actually fills in the continuity I think).
It has appeared in enough related games, e.g. Climax UC, SRW @2 to make it seem canon.

I mean, there's also the debate of whether 0079 TV series or Movies are canon, or Zeta TV series or Zeta movies are canon - perhaps it really is up to fans to decide for themselves.
Old 2007-02-13, 07:07   Link #48
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Also G-Generation F/G-Gen games in general seems to have a good idea of what Gundam series Bandai regard as canon at least.

I mean if everything Tomino made was canon then technically Zeta Gundam would not be the canon series. It'd be Gaia Gear.

But as mentioned by Deacon its upto the fans in the end what is and what isn't canon and it'll always be open for debate because of that. In the end as long it doesn't mess up the continuity too much, is well told, well liked.

Then alternate tellings like the TV series movies, Beltorchika's Children/CCA are still canon, its upto the fan to choose which interpretation they prefer.

I'm sure in the case of the Formula Gundam series it would've made full production if it weren't for all the fallouts between Tomino and Sunrise.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 18:06   Link #49
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Also G-Generation F/G-Gen games in general seems to have a good idea of what Gundam series Bandai regard as canon at least.

I mean if everything Tomino made was canon then technically Zeta Gundam would not be the canon series. It'd be Gaia Gear.

But as mentioned by Deacon its upto the fans in the end what is and what isn't canon and it'll always be open for debate because of that. In the end as long it doesn't mess up the continuity too much, is well told, well liked.

Then alternate tellings like the TV series movies, Beltorchika's Children/CCA are still canon, its upto the fan to choose which interpretation they prefer.

I'm sure in the case of the Formula Gundam series it would've made full production if it weren't for all the fallouts between Tomino and Sunrise.
Maybe they should really do that. Remake F91 and Crossbone into two 26-episoders. First 26 episode F91 remake (there's definitely a lot to tell there...) and the second half Crossbone remake.

Heck, and there's Steel 7.

I think there's definitely a market there and this is a hole in the UC plotline that Sunrise / Bandai should fill.

Not more Cosmic Era bullcrap.
Old 2007-02-15, 09:24   Link #50
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I'm sure alot of people would be up for the Formula Gundam series finally hitting the screen. Theres enough material in Crossbone Gundam alone for a good short series, throw on the fact that a outline supposedly already existed for a F91 full series and you could easily make a series out of that universe.

Theres plenty of those other Formula side stories which flesh it out more too like the Sillouette Formula Gundam sidestories and F90 itself which resulted as a result of CCA.

I know that I'm a bigger fan of the Formula series than earlier UC simply because of the bigger focus on the smaller scale conflicts of Zeon remnants and conflicts between Anaheim and the SNRI. Throw in Crossbone which wraps up the events of Jupiter nicely as well and I think simply condensing F91 and Crossbone into one thing would work.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 22:29   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
I'm sure alot of people would be up for the Formula Gundam series finally hitting the screen. Theres enough material in Crossbone Gundam alone for a good short series, throw on the fact that a outline supposedly already existed for a F91 full series and you could easily make a series out of that universe.

Theres plenty of those other Formula side stories which flesh it out more too like the Sillouette Formula Gundam sidestories and F90 itself which resulted as a result of CCA.

I know that I'm a bigger fan of the Formula series than earlier UC simply because of the bigger focus on the smaller scale conflicts of Zeon remnants and conflicts between Anaheim and the SNRI. Throw in Crossbone which wraps up the events of Jupiter nicely as well and I think simply condensing F91 and Crossbone into one thing would work.
Actually Jupiter is not quite finished even as late as V Gundam. In one of the final episodes of V Gundam Tashiro comments that Fonse Kagati came from the Juptier Empire, and guess who it is that holds all the cards in Zanscare, it's not Queen Maria. Zanscare may have started as a religious movement but it was usurped by Jupiter Empire Remnants.

Also does anyone know what year the Crossbone Gundam Steel 7 takes place in.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 22:41   Link #52
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yep, it's even been speculated that Angel Halo was constructed there quite a while before UC 0153 when Victory Gundam actually started (and was moved throughout the series and assembled).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 14:34   Link #53
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Steel 7 is in 0135, if I remember correctly. There is still no hinting at the fact that Fonse will be shown or mentioned. I believe that the line from the show will probably never be explained.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2009-02-19, 07:26   Link #54
Aznavour0079
Maroon Comet

does anyone here read crossbone manga? i have a question:

Spoiler for Manga number?:
?
Aznavour0079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 10:59   Link #55
ragux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznavour0079 View Post
does anyone here read crossbone manga? i have a question:

Spoiler for Manga number?:
?
in the third volume this is a animation of that battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLuPMJsW8nk

this is fron the revenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RM2DsfLRq4
ragux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 18:21   Link #57
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragux View Post
in the third volume this is a animation of that battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLuPMJsW8nk
I'm currently reading the manga and the whole thing doesn't happen that way, like, at all :x
(muuuuch later edit > actually it does, just later, I was a fucking twit for not reading a little further)

I'm up to volume 4, chapter 3.
My reaction upon seeing the last two pages of chapter 2 was a plain and old "F***"

Anyway, I love what I'm reading and I can definitely understand why people would want an anime adaptation (though I'm with those who think it will never, ever happen)

Last edited by Kikuchi; 2010-04-05 at 04:43.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 12:38   Link #58
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

I suppose this is a pretty mega bump, but this is focused more on Deacon. How are the scans of the rest of Steel 7 going?

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 19:53   Link #59
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Still chugging along :P

Old 2010-03-27, 01:24   Link #60
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Argh, you're killing me here! Definitely good to know though. ^^

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote