AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 18:07   Link #21
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Technically speaking in the strictest sense anything beyond the past several years could benefit from a remake, but the problem is that I think the series' respective narrative could take a hit. And sometimes, said storyline might actually work better as an anachronism than a modern-day spin.
I don't know, in the end it's all down to budget rather than technology. Art hasn't improved over time, styles just changed. There has been improvements in areas of coloring, photo backgrounds and object rendering with computers. Current anime has to be made cheaper due to rises in labor costs. I doubt many older high end anime could be improved under current production costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Nobody mention SDF Macross yet? I know that the original is a classic, but imagine if its fight scenes (dogfights) can be remade like Macross Zero or Frontier. It'll be divine.
Only if the 3d CGI can be made to blend better with the 2d. I vastly prefer the dog fights from Plus and DYRL over those in Frontier or Zero, even though the latter have more spectacular moves. DYRL pretty much reimagined all the looks from SDFM in any way I could hope for. I also hope that any future Macross projects will include Mikimoto character designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
3. Z-Gundam - They need to make 100 episode remake of this classic, where they fill in all the missing parts of the plot. Imagine seeing Char in his Golden Glory! Just imagine seeing dozens of Jegans dueling against scores of High Zaku, Marasai, and GM-IIs !!! I also suspect that 100 episode remake of this series may generate more profit for Sunrise company than many of their recent series combined.
Seed and Seed Destiny pretty much were a 100 episode remake of 0079 and Zeta. Be carefull what you wish for *hides*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post
I would be pleased with the remake of the OVA version of Macross Plus
The 2007 remaster still looks amazing by todays standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
anyway, my list is:
- Patlabor
- Lodoss TV
- Trigun
I'd love to see more Patlabor. One of the few shows that would fit in seamlessly with current anime. Plus more Noa Izumi wouldn't hurt.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:31   Link #22
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Persona 4.

Just try again with a different director... Please.

Old 2011-10-18, 18:42   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I agree about rebooting Zeta Gundam coz I want Sayla to be Amuro’s girlfriend in it (not some random girls), like it’s supposed to. I know about Sayla’s VA ‘problem’ at the time. Still, screwing one good character coz her VA is ‘unavailable’ is not really fair.

@Bri
I agree with you about the 3D dogfights have to blend well with 2D if they want to remaster SDF. Also, Mikimoto character design all the way too.

@Rethice
Umm...we're kinda talking about remaking/rebooting ancient animes that will be benefited by the current technology. Persona 4 is still airing and hasn't even reach its 5th episode yet.
Old 2011-10-18, 18:50   Link #24
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I think you missed his point on Persona.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 19:02   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I think you missed his point on Persona.
Really, my bad then.

Still, is his point involves recreating/improving an (old) anime with the newest tech (coz that's kinda what we're discussing here)? It's not a rhetoric question, just simple question coz I simply don't know .
Old 2011-10-18, 19:11   Link #26
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That Persona 4 suggestion simply means that the current director sucks.

As for the topic, I'd like to pitch in some more old anime that I'd like remade: Jigoku Sensei Nube and Magic Knight Rayearth.
I chose Nube because I'd like to see more horror- and supernatural-themed series which doesn't involve gore (I'm looking at you Dororon Meeramera). And besides, Junji Ito's Gyo would like to have a companion in scaring the heck out of its viewers. As for Rayearth, I just wanted the characters done using the finer lines of modern animation.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 19:43   Link #27
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree about rebooting Zeta Gundam coz I want Sayla to be Amuro’s girlfriend in it (not some random girls), like it’s supposed to. I know about Sayla’s VA ‘problem’ at the time. Still, screwing one good character coz her VA is ‘unavailable’ is not really fair.

@Bri
I agree with you about the 3D dogfights have to blend well with 2D if they want to remaster SDF. Also, Mikimoto character design all the way too.

@Rethice
Umm...we're kinda talking about remaking/rebooting ancient animes that will be benefited by the current technology. Persona 4 is still airing and hasn't even reach its 5th episode yet.
I disagree about Amuro and Sayla getting into stable romantic relationship, but do agree that these characters needs more air-time in Early Episodes to better establish their status at the beginning of the Z-Gundam time line.
Old 2011-10-18, 20:01   Link #28
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

SDF Macross, the series, for two reasons:
1. The dogfights may be good for its day, but I can't watch it now without snickering.
__1.5. Some scenes like the hand-to-hand fight between Max and Miria is just terrible and could definitely use a remake
2. The story is my favorite, but IMO there are pacing problems after the battle of Earth and I'm hoping for it to be fixed.
Old 2011-10-18, 20:04   Link #29
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Legend of Galactic Heroes is just fine as it is, unless you meant updating the tactics shown in the anime with the newest progresses in warfare, like the addition of stealth and the changes in electronic and computer warfare. But really, other than those, a remake would not be the same without VAs like Kei Tomiyama and Kaneto Shiozawa.

On topic, I will say Great Teacher Onizuka.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 20:10   Link #30
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are probably a lot of more recent series that could do with a remake by a better studio. Pretty much any DEEN or GONZO produced series of the last six year or so has an element that wish it was done by KyoAni instead.

(Despite not being able to get though all of Macross 7, having Zentrati women turning fangirl in the middle of a battle was hilariously awesome. Also Max and Mina's reactions to it was priceless after the kissing part of "deculture" failed them)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-10-18 at 20:31.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 20:58   Link #31
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Persona 4.

Just try again with a different director... Please.

Add Angel Beats to that list, with 2cours. Coincidentally, it has the same director as P4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There are probably a lot of more recent series that could do with a remake by a better studio. Pretty much any DEEN or GONZO produced series of the last six year or so has an element that wish it was done by KyoAni instead.
Strongly disagree. Do you really think Kyoani is capable of adapting horror or thriller series? I much rather they be redone by a studio like ufotable.

Btw, I agree with SDF: Macross. Despite liking Frontier, it was bit jarring that they decided to add "moe" and loads of it, in what was pretty much a moe-free franchise. So I would like to see a modernized version of the first Macross (without moe overload preferably!)

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-10-18 at 23:47.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:02   Link #32
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Violence Jack and MD Geist ^^
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:15   Link #33
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Oh, I don't think Violence Jack would benefit from a modern remake. It would just piss off Go Nagai's fans because of the censorship conventions nowadays.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:52   Link #34
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Kare Kano.....with a better budget and less recaps
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:55   Link #35
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I wish can see HD remake of the original Getter Robo and Gaiking...
Shin Mazinger Z already show how friggin' amazing that idea.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:07   Link #36
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but The Ronin Warriors would look amazing in present day.
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 23:41   Link #37
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I would like a remake of Sailor Moon
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 23:47   Link #38
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would be amusing. Though would it follow the manga more closely? I sort of got attached to the anime version of Rie. Also there would be a lot more direct death and Sailor Moon actaully doing stuff herself, as oppose to being...mostly useless in a fight, which would be rather different to most viewers.

Makes one wonder just how much different from Modaka Sailor Moon really is when you take the manga model
Old 2011-10-19, 18:52   Link #39
IllegalCyrus

Honestly for me,
I'd like to see more Cowboy Bebop, they can have the same character development but do different sessions. It could be done.
IllegalCyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 19:00   Link #40
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalCyrus View Post
Honestly for me,
I'd like to see more Cowboy Bebop, they can have the same character development but do different sessions. It could be done.
I was thinking the same thing, but it was only digitally remastered awhile ago, plus a lot of the charm seems to come from its old-looking art style, so it's quite unlikely.