AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-15, 23:57   Link #61
Darthtabby

Diana, stop trying to pretend you're too cool for Shiny Chariot. We know the truth.

Images
From Episode 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 23:58   Link #62
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
Spoiler for 2nd Episode:
Spoiler:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 23:59   Link #63
Flower
In harmony with the flow

Well articulated there slayerx...

Spoiler for further musings on ep 2:

Picking this series up. Episode two convinced me. ^^
Old 2017-01-16, 00:25   Link #64
Xeiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2017-01-16, 00:27   Link #65
bastek66

Posters-bonuses from different shops
Spoiler for pics:
Old 2017-01-16, 00:29   Link #66
Slayerx

Y'know it just hit me... Diana's friends; Hanna and Barbara. Is that supposed to be a reference to Hanna Barbara the animation studio. I do recall hearing the studio trigger's directors were influenced by American animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Spoiler for further musings on ep 2:
Spoiler:
Old 2017-01-16, 00:43   Link #67
novalysis

Spoiler for Some thoughts on Aoko and Diana on Episode 2:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 01:31   Link #68
Tenzen12

Nice episode. It also pretty great see that Shining Chariot actually gave Akko magic basis to build upon, so she is not completely out of it as it seemed at first.

Quote:
Spoiler for ...:
But it's her business, Akko just went and loudly started slander magic which is apparently whole life for Diana. And yes she would do same to anyone taking same unbecoming attitude, but other students doesn't have such twisted view of magic as Akko who is from non-witch family they grew in it. I doubt there is much reason for rivalry from now. Diana acknowledged Akko's merrit and Akko hopefully will be bit more serious from now, which means friction point is gone.

Well, unless Diana doesn't decide threat her as "worthy" rival, with no hostility whatsoever.

Actually not all countries has education system that allows skip years. Japan for example doesn't have. So it make perfect sense for them to be in same class.
Old 2017-01-16, 01:47   Link #69
Slayerx

Quote:
Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12
Actually not all countries has education system that allows skip years. Japan for example doesn't have. So it make perfect sense for them to be in same class.
True, though the writers should be taking into consideration the setting, which seems to be european... though i got no idea what their education systems work like. But its not like Luna Nova has to go by the system the main continent is using and thus could adopt a stricter system if they desired

Last edited by Slayerx; 2017-01-16 at 02:01.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 02:16   Link #70
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Forgot to say, Diana a s***.
No, she's not. She's a bit on the arrogant side, sure, but that's not unusual for a talented child. She's the real deal and she's serious about it.

Her two minions are the ones who are jerks. Diana herself will be just fine once she and Akko settle in with each other.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 04:26   Link #71
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Diana, stop trying to pretend you're too cool for Shiny Chariot. We know the truth.

Images
From Episode 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is really nice.
Old 2017-01-16, 08:13   Link #72
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

I hope what we saw in episode 2 does not become the default formula for future episodes:

1. Akko acts like a doofus.
2. Top Student Diana berates Akko.
3. Top Student Diana's screw up threatens Luna Nova.
4. Akko, Shiny Rod in hand, saves Top Student Diana's butt (and Luna Nova).
5. Top Student Diana is lauded with praise for saving Luna Nova all by herself.
6. Top Student Diana does not reveal that it was actually Akko who saved the day.
7. Everyone else continues to think of Akko as a useless, bumbling non-witch.
8. Repeat ad nauseam.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 08:30   Link #73
Tenzen12

Well Akko is useless in most cases and Diana had all rights to scold her. And rather than saying Diana screwed it would be more accurate say she got unlucky as what she did would be right choice nine times of ten (plus no one was threatened by her act).

That said it's pretty obvious relationship between both girls got cleared of most part, so next time Diana would listen what has Akko say.
Old 2017-01-16, 11:33   Link #74
James Rye

Diana is the Sunset Shimmer of Little Witch Academia. xD
Old 2017-01-16, 12:08   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well Akko is useless in most cases and Diana had all rights to scold her. And rather than saying Diana screwed it would be more accurate say she got unlucky as what she did would be right choice nine times of ten (plus no one was threatened by her act).

That said it's pretty obvious relationship between both girls got cleared of most part, so next time Diana would listen what has Akko say.
In this case it would definitely be more accurate to say Diana screwed up. She made a judgement call on her own to try and restore that important tree and then made the call to try and remove the source of the problem. That was a complete error in judgment. She didn't know what the problem was or what those things were. Even the teachers were rational enough to say "let's investigate this problem and get to the source of it." Diana skipped any investigative process and just tried to fix it without thinking.

Which is fine, she's a kid. Not making the best decision happens, but it would have been catastrophic. Wiping out an entire group of magical butterflies isn't being unlucky that's a massacre. And one that would have damaged Diana's reputation along with her family. The only luck involved in this is that Akko got there quickly to figure out the truth. Good on Diana though that she recognizes her screw-up. She felt bad getting praise when her actions almost caused a total tragedy. And she seems smart enough to learn for the future not to be so reckless and rash in her decision making. Playing the part of the good student with a storied history (despite likely being a secret Chariot fan) made her less willing to be careful. Get told you are amazing too often and you end up thinking you are.

Also Diana is a student, not a teacher. She doesn't have a right to scold anyone.
Old 2017-01-16, 12:42   Link #76
Kazu-kun

^ Finally, a reasonable post. Yes, Diana has no right to scold Akko. She's student, not a teacher. Also, if Akko wants to fangirl Shiny Chariot, that's her call. Diana had no business butting into their conversation to tell Akko everyone hates Chariot. She probably did so due to her own conflicted feelings toward Chariot.

And she did screw up the tree thing. Trying to fix the tree on her own was a huge mistake. She gets so much praises she forgets she's just a student and shouldn't overstep her bounds.

That's not to say I dislike Diana. I like flawed characters and she at least can tell when she messes things up. She'll get plenty of character development going forward and probably get close to Akko soon enough.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-01-16 at 14:30.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 12:47   Link #77
Tenzen12

From what I saw her action would definitely safe a tree and she knows magic better than most teachers as well so yeah hardly screw up on her part.

Well that part about being overconfident is true though.
Old 2017-01-16, 12:55   Link #78
Kazu-kun

Quote:
From what I saw her action would definitely safe a tree
She was acting without knowing what was wrong with the tree to begin with. She could never save it.

Quote:
she knows magic better than most teachers as well so yeah hardly screw up on her part.
She's still overstepping her bounds. It doesn't matter if she thinks she knows better. She's still just a student. Besides, she was wrong about knowing better anyway. Ursula, the teacher in charge of fixing the tree, could have handled the situation just fine.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-01-16 at 13:05.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 13:04   Link #79
Tenzen12

She found what's wrong with it while giving it magical transfusion and removing parasites would help it, which is also what she proced to do.
Old 2017-01-16, 13:13   Link #80
Kazu-kun

Quote:
She found what's wrong with it while giving it magical transfusion and removing parasites would help it, which is also what she proced to do.
You don't know what would happen if she killed the things. Besides, the tree was gonna be fine if she just let it be. The papilliodya weren't gonna kill it. The tree would get better after they hatched. Of course she didn't know that because she didn't do any research before taking action.

And there's still the matter of her overstepping her bounds. She's just student, not a teacher. She shouldn't try to do teacher things. It doesn't matter if she believes she knows better. The school would be a mess if students were allowed to do whatever, no matter how skilled they are. Adults are adults for a reason. It's not just a matter of skills.

Tags
magic school, slice of life