Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-13, 19:30   Link #1
Shounen
Away for good

Need your help to find this ol' RPG fro SNES

Ok..So all I can say is:

It's very similar to Seiken Densetsu 3. Meaning battle style etc, but graphics were more closer to Star Ocean than SD3.

I do not know the name of this RPG game, but I do know that you had friends/npcs/characters running after you just like in SD3.

Some thing that I recon was:

You could shoot yourself up from an cannon to different places on this so called "world map" similar to SD3's cannon thing which could shoot you up high into the air before landing on the same place. Tho this game's cannon "thing" could you send you to other places like I mentioned. The graphic was very good .

You could also change weapons like from Sword -> Whip (i think) and axe and going on~. But the main thing was, that you could also add magic to your weapons. Fire and ice I think also for breaking rock obstacles etc. I do know that the Main charcter was a male, unless you could multi-type chose in the beginning. This weapon change was similar to the SD2 but more advanced.

I played this game like 10+ years ago, so I barely remember it but i've been searching for it ever since. As far as I remember the name of the game was one word, not 2 or more -.-. I really your help on finding this game again.

BTW, names and screenies would help alot, if you could post both
Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 20:39   Link #2
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Honestly... and I have the feeling I could be way off... but what you're describing sounds a LOT like Seiken Densetsu 2, which was known as Secret of Mana in North America.

Here's a link to some screenshots: http://rpgfan.com/pics/seiken2/index.html
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 21:06   Link #3
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
...which will soon be available on the Wii.

nintendo be praises!

...well....hopefully....
Old 2006-11-14, 03:44   Link #4
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I'd have to agree its Seiken Dentesu 2/Secret of Mana, only other game remotely similar is Star Ocean 1.

However I do remember one other game similar called Terranigma which fits the one word name description but had no 'whip' weapon.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 05:50   Link #5
Shounen
Away for good

Again, I know about "Secret of Mana" but it's not that one. Compare SD2 and Star Ocean and you get to know directly which one that looks the best.
I browsed some lists like on gamewinners and gamespot but I ended up zero.

And again, this one looked alot better than SD2 nor SD3. I'd say the graphics reminded me of Golden Sun if you've ever played that one. Altho SD2 is very easy made compared to SD3 or Star Ocean.
Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 07:41   Link #6
number6

Theres the (Soul Blazer -> Terranigma -> Illusion of Gaia) trilogy. Though I don't think they fit the description of "better graphics", or some of your other descriptions. In fact, SD3 had quite incredible graphics for the SNES. The only other game that comes to mind for better graphics is Tales of Phantasia. Your sure this wasn't another console?
number6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 00:58   Link #7
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Seiken Densetsu 3 was better than Secret of Mana for me. So many different options for characters/endings/classes meant great replaybility. Now they seem to have buggered it up with Children of Mana for the DS which is really disappointing. Total step back from what I've seen and heard.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 23:31   Link #8
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
I hated SD3 with a passion as I mind-numbingly hacked and random enemies (which was worse considering the collision engine is buggy). There were only two puzzles I could remeber, other than that, it was a maze run game. I've played many other SNES RPGs much better than that.

But, I think i've played a japanese game like that too. Do you have to press a button to launch yourself out of a cannon once you went in? It sounds familliar to me too.
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 16:18   Link #9
FireBorn

Doesn't really sound like anything from the SNES. Though it might be some crazy rare game I've never heard of.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 11:08   Link #10
Ending

It's Secret of Mana. I'm currently playing it and owned it back when it was still fresh too. . That cannon is used to travel between areas, but later on you get Flammie (a dragon). The weapon-types are axe, sword, whip, javelin, knuckles, boomerang, spear, and bow. With spells you can add special effects to your weapons, which increase damage and usually disable the enemy. Although you gain EXP like in all RPG games, the spells get stronger only by using them a lot. Same goes for weapon-skills.

Didn't like much of Seiken Densetsu 3, by the way, but that might be because I tested the unofficial, hacked translation.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 14:01   Link #11
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
It's Secret of Mana.
Secret of Mana = Seiken Densetsu 2

According to the thread starter, the game isn't Seiken Densetsu 2. Read the thread first. Unless you mean to say that despite what he says, he's really thinking of Secret of Mana, and I would agree.
Quote:
Didn't like much of Seiken Densetsu 3, by the way, but that might be because I tested the unofficial, hacked translation.
And that matters, why? There's no other translation available.