AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-08-08, 19:25   Link #121
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Will the 2-cour format even work assuming they'll actually follow the manga in the right pace?

Because as of now, Negima! truly is the Berserk of harem genre as far anime adaptations go (i.e butchered).
There are reasonable cut off points between arcs they can use for either a one cour or two cour show.
Old 2017-08-08, 22:22   Link #122
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
I fell behind on the manga ages ago but I'm looking forward to this. Apparently both Negima anime are different from the source so I wonder if that'll be the same here. I enjoyed what little I saw of both Negima anime though so even if it does its own thing I won't mind.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2017-09-01, 11:15   Link #123
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

More additional cast + premiere date:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...emiere/.120829

At least, Ikkū, Jinbei and Gengorō now have their voice actors

However, I'm still afraid this adaptation will exclude some other important (secondary) characters (f.ex.: Santa)
Old 2017-09-08, 09:54   Link #124
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-09-08, 10:54   Link #125
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So many new UQ cast members still MiA. Very worrying.
Old 2017-09-08, 21:33   Link #126
NapoleonDeCheese

I liked Kuromaru's voice a lot, and Karin sounded okay, but... I didn't exactly love Kirie's voice, and I imagined Touta's voice to be very different. He sounds more like a child than the young man he looks like.
Old 2017-09-10, 15:32   Link #127
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If UQ just gets a neat, faithful adaptation it's already way ahead of the game by Negima standards.
always found this idea funny but great looking at how they are adapting the oad its basically a panel by panel no creativity adaptation. hope ppl enjoy their moving manga rather than an adaptation. not even the composition are different lol

ill watch because i like the franchise but ya i am not expecting anything above the ordinary.

Old 2017-09-10, 18:32   Link #128
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You know as well as I do (at least I would hope you do) that I was talking about faithful in terms of narrative content.
Old 2017-09-10, 22:05   Link #129
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
always found this idea funny but great looking at how they are adapting the oad its basically a panel by panel no creativity adaptation. hope ppl enjoy their moving manga rather than an adaptation. not even the composition are different lol
I'll take exactly what you said over some of the "creative adaptions" some studios have come out with.
Old 2017-09-11, 10:49   Link #130
NapoleonDeCheese

It varies from manga to manga. What works in a comics format sometimes won't work in animation, sometimes it will.

Adapting a manga verbatim, to the letter, to the point it's basically the panels with some motion, color and voices, may be okay, but generally it makes less sense if you're packaging with the manga itself, like here. It makes sense if you're trying to reach a new audience who haven't read the manga, but why to package an OAD with content the manga readers already have seen, and then charging them more for it? You're only preaching to those already converted doing that.

Do all new OAD stories for the manga readers, and leave the faithful adaptations for the general audiences; hardcore fans still can get those too if they want to, and new fans will be more tempted to pick the manga up if it comes with all new animated content.
Old 2017-09-12, 08:17   Link #131
Hata
時の異邦人

all UQH seiyu group photo with Akamatsu.
Old 2017-09-12, 22:14   Link #132
Marcus H.
All-Terrain Panda

Don't expect a knock-your-socks-off good adaptation of UQ Holder because it's gonna air at the same season as Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau, another production of J.C. Staff.
Winter 2021: Heaven's Animal Design Dept (1/12), Jaku-chara Tomozaki-kun (1/12), Gotoubun no Hanayome S2 (1/12), Hataraku Saibou!! (1/8), Horimiya (1/13), Shin Chuuka Ichiban! S2 (1/1cour), Log Horizon S3 (1/12) and Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san (Feb2021).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 34. Completed: 400. Plan to watch: 34.
Old 2017-09-13, 00:29   Link #133
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post

ill watch because i like the franchise but ya i am not expecting anything above the ordinary.
You might not like the idea, but do you have any other anime to compare it to?

Because I don't remember many examples that actually had panel to panel straight adaptations. And if it hadn't really been done before, can we really say it is bad?

Anime studios make changes not because it makes the show better, but usually because it make their job easier. Ken has justifications this time to force the damn studio to follow the script, JC Staff owe him that much. If they hate his work so much then they should never have bothered butchering Negima.
Old 2017-09-13, 07:58   Link #134
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
JC Staff owe him that much. If they hate his work so much then they should never have bothered butchering Negima.
JC have no fault on what happened to the Negima adaptations, those were handlded by Xebec (first series, plus the Love Hina anime) and SHAFT (second series, plus all the OVA and the movie, which was the last straw for Akamatsu since he hated it). This is the first time JC adapts any work of Akamatsu, and they did okay with this OAD, so we can't say they've 'butchered' anything yet.
Old 2017-09-13, 13:03   Link #135
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

JC Staff has traditionally been fairly faithful in adapting manga, with some exceptions. We'll see - it would be easy to conclude that they're minimizing the non-Negima stuff based on the previews and cast announcements.
Old 2017-09-14, 21:25   Link #136
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You might not like the idea, but do you have any other anime to compare it to?

Because I don't remember many examples that actually had panel to panel straight adaptations. And if it hadn't really been done before, can we really say it is bad?
Look no further than Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z anime. They're pretty much panel-by-panel recreation of the manga with added movements (except for the filler parts). Whether they're good or not is for you to judge. The majority of fans themselves never really complained about the panel-by-panel adaptation. Their complaints are usually about the horrendous pacing and padding (eg. one scene can last for minutes) especially during DBZ when it tried to not catch up with the still-running manga at the time (the current One Piece anime is facing similar problem).

Quote:
Anime studios make changes not because it makes the show better, but usually because it make their job easier. Ken has justifications this time to force the damn studio to follow the script, JC Staff owe him that much. If they hate his work so much then they should never have bothered butchering Negima.
Like Napoleon said above, JC Staff owed nothing to Ken in this case. They're innocent. You might want to do some research first before accusing a studio for a "crime" or "sin" that they didn't commit .
Old 2017-09-18, 16:10   Link #137
Hata
時の異邦人

there are going to be an earlier public showing of UQH episode 1 on Sep 30th at Shinjuku theatre 9, Ken and 5 seiyu will attend the showing.
Old 2017-09-19, 01:13   Link #138
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
there are going to be an earlier public showing of UQH episode 1 on Sep 30th at Shinjuku theatre 9, Ken and 5 seiyu will attend the showing.
Sadly nobody could attend such an event, so sharing more information would be to no-ones benefit....
then again, who would want to watch an anime in a cinema on the big, fat screen.....
air-conditioned and Dolby Surround.....
buying some nice souvenirs at the end....
nope totally boring!

*accidentally drops two pictures*
watashi ga ima sundeiru Shinjuku-Ku dewa takai tatemono da, digimon <3
ups... ignore this please
Old 2017-09-20, 18:18   Link #139
NapoleonDeCheese

I live in Venezuela.

The prices of the increasingly scarcer meals we consume have quadruplicated over the last year.

I have lost ten kilos in two months.

I haven't been able to purchase any original manga for a year now.

I don't know why, but somehow I don't react to teasing boasts of wealth and good fortune held above others' heads the way I used to.
Old 2017-09-23, 22:16   Link #140
DerGilga
Banned

Turns out you can only buy tickets to the event friday via a special online service which requires several things I as a working holiday visa tourist don't possess. I went to the cinema and specifically asked, but it is not possible to buy the tickets there. Well, I went to special event last friday and saw the voice actors of Konoka and Eva live. It was nice.

[mod edit: Removed call-out.]
Closed Thread