AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 23:26   Link #1081
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I think it may also be related with making people happy, both your teammates and spectators, with your singing and dancing.
My point is that if the girls display true happiness and love, it will spread and people around them (teammates and spectators) will feels this happiness too. I remember Mimori made a point about this in episode 4.

Quote:
Well considering this aura can make those girls glows, seems like it can even power up them
Yeah, but do these powers come from the girls themselves, or is this something the Kirara confer to the girls they dime worthy?

Since the FTL jump seems to be powered by the kirara, I'd say it's very likely the girls' super powers come from them as well. I think the kirara choose girls they like (girls who can spread love, as Mimori put it) and they give them the magical glow that makes them powerful.

If you think about it this way it sort of fits with the typical "magical girl" genre conventions.
Old 2012-05-30, 23:32   Link #1082
chaosprophet

Oh Kazu-kun I got that. What I meant with my post is that there seems to be a lot of supernatural/mystic effects related with the idol aura, so I wouldn't say you can really demystify it.
Old 2012-05-30, 23:37   Link #1083
Random Wanderer

The girls feed the kirara with emotions they like, which causes the kirara to send out energy the girls can make use of. Makes sense to me.

Oh hey, found some fanart.

Spoiler for pheremones:
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 23:51   Link #1084
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If you think about it this way it sort of fits with the typical "magical girl" genre conventions.
In the Mag-Net interview, Kawamori revealed that he and Okada took this idea of a double life of teens becoming magical girls, and gave that concept a new twist.
Old 2012-05-31, 00:59   Link #1085
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
That's a good reasoning to why DES would need AKB to make the idols. Considering cases like Kanata, it does seems some of the things needed to be able to become a successor and have a high idol aura is to really want to sing and teamwork. Something that would be hard to create in an artificial way.
The DES won't even need idols, they live off the despair of humanity as the reverse example. All of the suffering in the world to fund their corporate engines, one where misery is constantly made through crushing work shifts and no fun societies. The DGTO is not just a dictatorship, it is a Corporate Dictatorship with Zodiac Corporation running the show.
Old 2012-05-31, 06:19   Link #1086
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
The DES won't even need idols, they live off the despair of humanity as the reverse example. All of the suffering in the world to fund their corporate engines, one where misery is constantly made through crushing work shifts and no fun societies. The DGTO is not just a dictatorship, it is a Corporate Dictatorship with Zodiac Corporation running the show.
This is part of the guessing we were having oh how the DES technology seems not as high tech as AKB0048 one, and how AKB0048 seems to use kirara energy or the like for some of them, so then I wondered if that technology they can't produce themselves would be able if they had idos. All in all it's all speculation.
Old 2012-05-31, 11:03   Link #1087
mochichan

Quote:

Could be. But so far we don't see much of DES beside their attacks on the idol girls so it's kinda speculation. For being a government with funds, they are low on tech compare to AKB girls, probably because of the lack of Kirara.
....I do want to see what their capital look like.

-------------------------

Anyway straying from the topic..
NO NAME is releasing the OP song in August, which is kinda late since the anime end in like July or a little before but they're probably trying not to coincide with the other 48 releases

Quote:
It’s been revealed that AKB48’s new unit NO NAME will be making their CD debut with the single, “Kibou ni Tsuite“, on August 1st! This song is currently the opening theme song for AKB48’s tv anime series, ‘AKB0048‘.

The members of NO NAME will grace the ‘TYPE A’ jacket of the single, and they will also star in the music video. Meanwhile, the ‘TYPE B’ jacket will be an illustration, and the music video will also be an animated version.
Hopefully...Mayuyu's not the center, or the only center.....She already got Warota...I don't mind double center with Karen.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:21   Link #1088
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Anyway straying from the topic..
NO NAME is releasing the OP song in August, which is kinda late since the anime end in like July or a little before but they're probably trying not to coincide with the other 48 releases
There's plenty of OP and ED songs that are released after the anime is over,nothing that out of the ordinary
Old 2012-05-31, 12:23   Link #1089
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Could be. But so far we don't see much of DES beside their attacks on the idol girls so it's kinda speculation. For being a government with funds, they are low on tech compare to AKB girls, probably because of the lack of Kirara.
....I do want to see what their capital look like.
Probably your dreary Norsefire/1984 inspired capital with huge corporate hives in the heart of the city admist with huge amounts of propaganda posters reminding you to join the DES and report all forms of Seditous activity. Given how Akibastar sees itself as the underground bastion of freedom. The DGTO will be seen as the complete opposite. the face of corporate oppression everywhere staring down on you like the cruel gods they are.

Quote:
This is part of the guessing we were having oh how the DES technology seems not as high tech as AKB0048 one, and how AKB0048 seems to use kirara energy or the like for some of them, so then I wondered if that technology they can't produce themselves would be able if they had idos. All in all it's all speculation.
Well next episode may provide more exposition.
Old 2012-05-31, 13:56   Link #1090
mochichan

IDK...I got the feeling the capital is probably really nice looking, maybe look as good as Akibastar but the image could be a front to an oppressive society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
There's plenty of OP and ED songs that are released after the anime is over,nothing that out of the ordinary

yeah but most of the anime this season already released their song.

The management is avoiding clashing with other releases with AKB just release their new single, Not Yet and Warota sub unit released this week, Mayuyu's being the member of that sub unit and in NO NAME too, and there's recently NMB and SKE releases.

btw..lol watching old performance and I swear they got the idea of the mic saber from Itoshisa no Accel

Old 2012-05-31, 15:45   Link #1091
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... after ep 5 I guess I will be dropping this one for now. I have too many series I am following at the moment on the one hand, and to be honest I am finding myself unable to "connect" to the characters. Perhaps that will change later on though.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:35   Link #1092
Kazu-kun

Quote:
btw..lol watching old performance and I swear they got the idea of the mic saber from Itoshisa no Accel
The female warrior look definitely suits Takamina the best!

That reminds me... anyone else thinks Takamina isn't getting enough attention in the anime? She'd got only one line in episode 5, for instance. It's unfair, she deserves more screen time!
Old 2012-05-31, 17:04   Link #1093
chaosprophet

Quote:
That reminds me... anyone else thinks Takamina isn't getting enough attention in the anime? She'd got only one line in episode 5, for instance. It's unfair, she deserves more screen time!
My guess is that her lack of exposition so far means she will probably be more central in an ep later or the like. I also want more of her, I like what we got of her so far.
Old 2012-05-31, 17:35   Link #1094
mechdra

Takamina is important for the show as she is the captain. I guess she will have her screen time later.

Just wondering, will we get to hear songs from SKE48 and NMB48 in this series since. I want to hear Sonata singing Tsuyoki Mono yo.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 17:39   Link #1095
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Takamina is important for the show as she is the captain. I guess she will have her screen time later.
But is she the captain in the anime too? No one mentioned that position yet, so maybe they don't have it in 0048.
Old 2012-05-31, 18:08   Link #1096
chaosprophet

Quote:
But is she the captain in the anime too? No one mentioned that position yet, so maybe they don't have it in 0048.
She does feel like a leader sometimes, but yeah we still don't know whether that position exists in AKB0048.
Old 2012-05-31, 19:05   Link #1097
mochichan

Quote:
I remember Yukirin called herself the acting captain during ep 2 so there is a captain role. Most likely Takamina. I can't see anyone else doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post

Just wondering, will we get to hear songs from SKE48 and NMB48 in this series since. I want to hear Sonata singing Tsuyoki Mono yo.
Considering Kuumin is in this anime..maybe..but I wouldn't count on it since this is like AKB0048 not AKB0048 and their sister group.
Tho that would be interesting idea.....SKE48 and NMB48 with their own planet somewhere out there in that universe lol. Nagoyastar and Osakastar
lol...
Old 2012-05-31, 20:01   Link #1098
chaosprophet

Quote:
I remember Yukirin called herself the acting captain during ep 2 so there is a captain role. Most likely Takamina. I can't see anyone else doing it.
Wasn't that just captain of the ship? Which may not mean the same as captain of them idol unit.

To compare, the term they seems to use in AKB48 is "キャプテン" (Kyaputen), which is basically the japanese trying to say the english word "Captain". While the term Yukirin used in that episode was "艦長代理" (Kanchou Dairi). Dairi means acting, and Kanchou means captain but with the nuance it's a warship captain. But then considering those idols are fighters then maybe the idea of a unit captain changed into a warship captain.

EDIT: Mystery solved. On the main site for the anime, on Takamina's page, it says on first line: "AKB0048のキャプテン" = AKB0048's Captain.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-05-31 at 22:06.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:07   Link #1099
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for Ep 06 Spoilers:
Old 2012-05-31, 22:21   Link #1100
Kazu-kun

Quote:
EDIT: Mystery solved. On the main site for the anime, on Takamina's page, it says on first line: "AKB0048のキャプテン" = AKB0048's Captain.
Oh, look at that, Takamina's the captain after all. Hope we'll see her doing actual leader stuff soon!!

EDIT:

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep 06 Spoilers:
Can we get a translation of this?

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime