AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-14, 10:00   Link #61
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...pisodes/.87106

Only 13 episodes? But the cast is composed of 12 Saints
Not all of them are getting God Cloths. Next episode is going to have Mu, Aldebaran, and (apparently) Dohko. Meaning that there won't be a Taurus God Cloth, and possible no Libra God Cloth either.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 19:28   Link #62
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Shaka wasn't even fazed by Another Dimension. Not the mention he tanked the Galaxian Explosion, which is Saga's strongest attack, the Aurora Execution and Excalibur with Khan and all he had was a minor cut.
To be fair.

That's because Toei fucked up such parts of the battle and various details before that in the old anime(like when Camus died SMILING after losing to Hyoga).

In the manga Shaka got hit by simple ken and basic attacks from Saga, Shura and Camus.

None of them actually used their trump cards on him as they're holding becuase thus why Shaka knowning their time was running out decided to FORCE them to go serious.

Another big example was when Shion hinted he told Death Mask and Aphrodite to not go all out against Mu, later when they got send back to Hades Castle they NEVER begged for their life and Aphrodite was able to blow away Radamanthis' helmet even with just 10% of his actual power which proves they were just acting.

Now compare that to Milo, Mu and Aioria who didn't even manage to do that.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 21:53   Link #63
itisjustme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
To be fair.

In the manga Shaka got hit by simple ken and basic attacks from Saga, Shura and Camus.
They didn't scream their attack but it looked like more than basic attacks, at least Shura was clearly doing the excalibur pose and camus was doing some freezing attack, it's less clear for Saga.

Shaka was struggling more in the manga but he was still kicking their asses with heaven's treasure (or however it's translated). He was forcing them to do the exclamation thing.

But then again it's kinda meaningless, people are only as strong as the plot demands it.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 21:58   Link #64
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
But then again it's kinda meaningless, people are only as strong as the plot demands it.
Truer words have never been said. Power levels are meaningless in Saint Seiya.
Old 2015-04-15, 00:00   Link #65
Miraluka
Banned

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psbfw6ojn9.jpg

Wth...Aioros, get back, wrong team.
Old 2015-04-15, 03:30   Link #66
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Lost Canvas is not canon because its not written/drawn by Kurumada. Next Dimension is personally done by the originally author. You tell me which one is canon.

Also last page of chapter 41, Ikki says out right that Gemini is the strongest of the twelve. Whatever the author says is the almighty truth.
I already acknowledged that when Galaxian pointed that out, but good to see you're so gung ho about this.

Quote:
Shaka wasn't even fazed by Another Dimension. Not the mention he tanked the Galaxian Explosion, which is Saga's strongest attack, the Aurora Execution and Excalibur with Khan and all he had was a minor cut.
This is why I have a hard time to accept the thought of the gemini saints ALWAYS being the strongest gold saint. Besides, there's too much things that don't really add up when trying to rank gold saints.

As for the god Cloths, so far only Aioria, Mu and Shaka seem to get one. I'm not even sure if we'll get to see all gold saints in action. I think it would be more like 5 gold saint (Aioria, Mu, Shaka, Dohko, Aldebaran?) kicking the seven god warriors.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 06:01   Link #67
Irisiel

When it comes to Saints and how they compare by power-level, I will say that it varies depending on which power-level you are looking at.

Athena was a virgin goddess, and therefore a goddess of maidens. There are two cloths that represent maidens: Virgo and Andromeda. What do their wearers have in common? They both are beyond that of normal humans and nearer gods (Buddha and Hades) at their cores. In terms of the amount of power in their Cosmos, I say that their are the largest.

This doesn't mean that they're the most powerful servants of Athena. In fact, other than doing their duties, they don't seem to have any overwhelming loyalty towards her. Instead their loyalty seem to come from the fact that she's protecting the world/their homes/families/etc.

In terms of power and being loyal to Athena, the equine saints (Sagittarius, Pegasus, Unicorn, Equuleus, though the last one seems to have a connection to Athena's enemies, but I include it since it represents the other end of the extremes of loyalty to Athena, plus the fact that people keep using it when there's the whole "Equuleus Saint dies" curse thing) seems to be pretty good.

Sagittarius is pretty self-explanatory (it even has a weapon as part of its Cloth, which is rare). Do I have to explain Pegasus? Equuleus is cursed but strong enough to have god candidates as Saints AND have a spin-off manga, which is pretty impressive for a Bronze Cloth. Unicorn seems to be one of the top ten strongest Bronze Cloths (not near the level of the main five, but certainly stronger than most of the Bronze Saints, possibly representing the strongest a regular Bronze Saint can be).

The Gemini Cloth is interesting since it theory, the fact that two Saints are always born mean that at least once, one of them can burn their Cosmos beyond their limits and die, and the other can simply pick up and carry on the fight, meaning that Gemini Saints can, for one fight, go far beyond the normal, mortal limits of Saints.

Similarly, Aries Saints can fight without worrying too much about keeping their Cloth whole, since they can repair it after the fight (plus those psychic abilities they're born with), of course, they would need to win the fight first. So I put them somewhere in the middle on the Gold Saint power scale (stronger than Taurus, Scorpio and Capricorn at least, and probably on par with Cancer, Libra, Aquarius and Pisces).

So as I see it, the strongest Gold Saints are Virgo, Sagittarius, Leo (almost main character, and often the main character when the Gold Saints are in focus) and Gemini.

I can't believe that I spent so much time thinking about this.

Anyway, other theories? Lyfia might be Lif. For those that don't know, after the end of the world, the last two humans will emerge from the hiding within Hoddmímis holt (some theorise that it's Yggdrasil instead): Lif and Lif's lover (she might even believe that her lover is one of the Gold Saints in that case).

Other than that, she's seen with Freya, so maybe she's Gullveig/Heiðr? Though her being a valkyrie (or maybe even Hel? Y'know, since Hades is already up and about) could also fit.
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 12:28   Link #68
LoveYouSaber

I was under the impression that Shaka was the strongest amongst the twelve with his semi-god status and the like, and was the one who attained the 8th sense, though I am not that familiar with the whole story.

Though it might just be that I am a Virgo hence I was always a bit biased towards Shaka.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 12:36   Link #69
Miraluka
Banned

8th sense doesn't grants any power, it allows you remain alive when going to the underworld meaning Orpheus had it.
Old 2015-04-15, 13:34   Link #70
dmaxzero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3Br4frUTo

It looks like more than simply being fazed. At least worried.

And yes, its from the anime not the manga. Soul of Gold is on the same media, so I would compare them on the same format.

In any case, want to see more of this.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 13:39   Link #71
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I already acknowledged that when Galaxian pointed that out, but good to see you're so gung ho about this.

This is why I have a hard time to accept the thought of the gemini saints ALWAYS being the strongest gold saint. Besides, there's too much things that don't really add up when trying to rank gold saints.

As for the god Cloths, so far only Aioria, Mu and Shaka seem to get one. I'm not even sure if we'll get to see all gold saints in action. I think it would be more like 5 gold saint (Aioria, Mu, Shaka, Dohko, Aldebaran?) kicking the seven god warriors.
You said and I quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea
How is LC not canon when ND takes part in an alternate universe?"
I merely answered your question about how LC is not canon. Its not written by the author so its not canon.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 13:44   Link #72
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3Br4frUTo

It looks like more than simply being fazed. At least worried.

And yes, its from the anime not the manga. Soul of Gold is on the same media, so I would compare them on the same format.

In any case, want to see more of this.
Just saying but that staff who was in charge of the first set of Hades ovas was fired after screwing up with Tenkai movie's script.
Old 2015-04-15, 13:48   Link #73
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Just saying but that staff who was in charge of the first set of Hades ovas was fired after screwing up with Tenkai movie's script.
It's a shame, because they were overall better than whoever was in charge of the following OVAs. The first set of OVAs were the best.
Old 2015-04-15, 17:01   Link #74
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
....and for that we got craptastic-show that is Hades: Inferno & Hades: Elysion. Yeah, brilliant decision by those who fired those staffs .
Old 2015-04-15, 17:11   Link #75
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
....and for that we got craptastic-show that is Hades: Inferno & Hades: Elysion. Yeah, brilliant decision by those who fired those staffs .
They are probably the same ones who picked the staff for Digimon Tri now.

But yeah, Hades - Sanctuary > Inferno + Elysium. And Overture is very unappreciated movie.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 17:26   Link #76
Miraluka
Banned

The eternal battle between animation vs original script will never end.

Quote:
They are probably the same ones who picked the staff for Digimon Tri now.

But yeah, Hades - Sanctuary > Inferno + Elysium. And Overture is very unappreciated movie.
Yes, I saw two names on their staff, it's the same studio duh.

Quote:
Overture could have been so better with the gold saints in action and 1 vs 1 fights between saints and angels... was it that hard? It seems those people who got fired had a hard one on putting the golds on stone figures .
Old 2015-04-15, 17:35   Link #77
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Quote:
If what Miraluka said was true, then Saga using Galaxian Explosion was just filler
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 18:08   Link #78
Miraluka
Banned

The only time Saga used GE was against Milo and knowing the others were present, which was spot on as Shiryu was the one who detected Saga incoming attack before the others and warned him.

In fact at that very moment Shiryu was the only one who catched up with Aioria and Mu. Seiya was on Star Hill because Mu teleported him to that place and Shun and Hyoga were at Libra Temple again were behind still.

And it was Shiryu alone the one who took Athena Exclamation head on and threw it to the sky during the collision.
Old 2015-04-15, 19:34   Link #79
Blueknight78

about canon, to be fair, canon is not just what he write, canon is what the owner of the franchise accept as canon, if kuramada dont write something but acknowldge as canon then is canon, the owner is what have the final decision and is not just "what he write", a good exemple is the asgard arc, he not write was a filler arc which was so good(better than kuramada crap write) which he accept as part of timeline or canon, is important aways take in factor this.

another good exemples are the kyouto animation novels and animes, most of the animes produced by kyouto which are based on novels or mangas are canon, because actually they are the true owner of the novels or mangas trademark while the writers are they "workers".

if i'm not wrong the same for omega, kuramada helped in the write but not was the creater was bandai but also is part of the main timeline too or the canon material.

that is what matter when decides what is canon or no and is even worse for saint seyia because he not the full owner of the trademark if i'm not wrong bandai(the toys production) have made a contract with him about also share with him part of the rights over saint seyia, ofcourse i can be wrong about that.
Old 2015-04-15, 19:43   Link #80
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've just watched the first episode and this caught me offguard

Who is an adorable God Warrior? Yes, you are