AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-10-18, 07:04   Link #5021
Lucidrago

No they don't. That was just a one-time thing while he was inside the Boosted Gear.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 10:05   Link #5022
sbh1fr

Unlike Ophis, lingering memories of past wielders of Boosted Gear (or divine dividing) dont really supply any power to issei ( or Vali ). All they can do is insite emotions (mainly negative like anger)...
Ophis is remotely supplying her power of infinity to Issei (or vali) to perform deification (satanification for vali).
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 12:08   Link #5023
Lucidrago

Well more like she gave them her blessing to bring out the power that was already in them.
Old 2018-10-18, 13:23   Link #5024
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well more like she gave them her blessing to bring out the power that was already in them.
Nope. She gave her blessong to Asia and Kuno. But in Issei's case, its more like a possession than a simple blessing.
Why do you think Azazel said that if ophis and her spawn lilith's powers sync , then issei gonna power up even more.
Old 2018-10-18, 14:29   Link #5025
The Infinite Dream

Volume 12 life 1
While emitting an enormous amount of aura from my body, I start to say the chant.

“I, the one to awaken am the Sekiryuutei who holds up the truth of the King up-high!”

My senpai’s who answered this chant are no longer here.

“Holding the infinite hope and indestructible dream walking the road of righteousness. I will become the Emperor of the Crimson Dragon…”

Pretty sure they use to sing a long with his chant otherwise that would not be stated.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 17:35   Link #5026
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
Volume 12 life 1
While emitting an enormous amount of aura from my body, I start to say the chant.

“I, the one to awaken am the Sekiryuutei who holds up the truth of the King up-high!”

My senpai’s who answered this chant are no longer here.

“Holding the infinite hope and indestructible dream walking the road of righteousness. I will become the Emperor of the Crimson Dragon…”

Pretty sure they use to sing a long with his chant otherwise that would not be stated.
No one denied that they sang along issei in the past but they didnt give any additional power. The power of the sacred gear comes from Ddraig, not the memories of the previous wielders.
Power of infinity belong to Ophis. When issei and vali first unlocked their respective DxD (against rizevim in ise case, and against Azi Dahaka for Vali), Ophis was talking to them, she wad somehow connected to them to alliw them to use her powers.
Old 2018-10-18, 18:09   Link #5027
The Infinite Dream

She gave them the chant when they reach their desired peak. All I'm saying is I dont believe ophis even has to sing with them anymore as is the same with Issei's CxC that his pass predecessors opened up for him not Ddraig even though it's his power. Their scared gears allow them to talk to other dragons through them. Like Ddraig did with fafnir to find a counselor for his depression. The only thing I'm touching subject on is the subject of her singing with them. I dont believe it's even necessary as they've already unlocked that potential. The same as CxC mode. Also I posted that because Lucidrago said they didnt.

Last edited by The Infinite Dream; 2018-10-18 at 18:24.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 18:57   Link #5028
sbh1fr

By the way. Those "malebranche" mentioned in previous comments. What are they and when/where have they been mentioned in LN. Can you tell me what volume/chapter they were mentioned?
Old 2018-10-18, 22:31   Link #5029
Lucidrago

They were mentioned in High School DxD: Zero. They have nothing to do with the main story.

Move it to the Zero thread if you want to talk about it.
Old 2018-10-23, 14:03   Link #5030
sbh1fr

I've been thinking that while issei has many power, the most important power among them is the ability to aquire even steal new powers. I mean like he took vanishing dragon power before. Imagine that in the future he can take over the power of residents from ExE.
Old 2018-10-23, 14:29   Link #5031
Lucidrago

You're using a one-time thing that happened in Volume 4 to say he can steal powers? Explain the logic of that.

Issei has done that no other time. He took one of Vali's jewels and inserted it into one of his Scalemails jewel slots and risked dying but miraculously it worked.

That was just dumb luck that it worked as Issei planned and Issei ended up even surviving that.
Old 2018-10-23, 14:41   Link #5032
TommyG

Well to be fair Ddraig did say sacred gears evolve to match their users will. Assuming his life force becomes the infinite then he may be able to steal their power. Quite frankly if I were him if he practicing bonding my sacred gear with stuff cause it's such a useful ability.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 14:55   Link #5033
XFire
150% done

Pretty sure that only worked because of the similarities in their SG's. If he could do that with other gears he would have by now.
Old 2018-10-23, 14:58   Link #5034
TommyG

I kind of assumed that he didn't do it again because it cost life force. I get that Issei and Vali's sacred gears are both Longinus' with heavenly dragons in them but they are polar opposites in terms of ability and nature so I don't think it was them being similar that allowed him to fuse them.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 15:09   Link #5035
sbh1fr

@Lucidragi, just because he did it once doesnt mean he cant do it again, it mean he can do it actually and probably much easiar for powers that arent intrinsically opposite to his own like albion powers or dragon slayer powers.
Actually the only reason he lost life force was because he stole power opposite to his own.
Isse didnt seem to suffer much when he absorbed Ascalon's power, but to be fair ascalon and vanushing dragon powers are not at same level.
Actually i think you can even consider stealing other people powers is a trait of draig if you consider the original chant of the Jaggernaute Drive.
Spoiler for Boosted Gear Jaggernaut Drive Chant:

He stole the principle of domibation from god

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2018-10-23 at 15:27.
Old 2018-10-23, 19:34   Link #5036
godz

I have thought, if fafnir is a dragon that is strengthened with the pantyhose of Asia and issei a dragon that is strengthened with breasts ... then crom-cruach get a power up on the base of the banana?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-24, 01:15   Link #5037
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
@Lucidragi, just because he did it once doesnt mean he cant do it again, it mean he can do it actually and probably much easiar for powers that arent intrinsically opposite to his own like albion powers or dragon slayer powers.
Actually the only reason he lost life force was because he stole power opposite to his own.
Isse didnt seem to suffer much when he absorbed Ascalon's power, but to be fair ascalon and vanushing dragon powers are not at same level.
Actually i think you can even consider stealing other people powers is a trait of draig if you consider the original chant of the Jaggernaute Drive.
Spoiler for Boosted Gear Jaggernaut Drive Chant:

He stole the principle of domibation from god
Ascalon was given to Issei by Heaven and was adjusted for Issei's personal use. And he integrated it into his Boosted Gear.

You're using a unique one-time thing to say that Issei can steal powers. The reason why Issei got Dividing Gear is because the Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing Scalemails are really similar in looks and appearance. And Issei just implanted one of the jewels on Vali's armor into his Boosted Gear just hoping it would work which it wasn't guaranteed to.

How could that happen with anything else in your opinion?
Old 2018-10-24, 04:16   Link #5038
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Ascalon was given to Issei by Heaven and was adjusted for Issei's personal use. And he integrated it into his Boosted Gear.

You're using a unique one-time thing to say that Issei can steal powers. The reason why Issei got Dividing Gear is because the Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing Scalemails are really similar in looks and appearance. And Issei just implanted one of the jewels on Vali's armor into his Boosted Gear just hoping it would work which it wasn't guaranteed to.

How could that happen with anything else in your opinion?
You just dont want to listen(read) to what i said(wrote), do you??!
I'll try say it in ither words.

1st, the first ascalon wasnt adjusted for ise's use like the ascalon ii.
Also, Isse could integrate ascalon into his boosted gear cuz of its power to steal/absorb others powers, and its ability to "evolve" in response to its wielder desire. That should be clear enough.
2nd, you say issei could integrate absorb issei vali powers cuz its same scalemale type sg, but that's just your pure speculation (and also purely wrong). In fact vali powers should be, in theory hardest to absorb/integrate for isse and even impossible (same like integrating holy with demonic powers).
3rd, have you ever concidered issei's reasons for integrating vali powers: its cuz he was combining two ideas : his ability to integrate new powers (he learned that since integratin Ascalon) and the dact that kiba managed to combine opposite powers.
Old 2018-10-24, 04:27   Link #5039
Rayzer

How strong do you think Rias would be if she had the Booster Gear for a year? Issei was able to reach Maou class with CxC. Not counting DxD since that's an outside source of power from Ophis.
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-24, 04:39   Link #5040
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
How strong do you think Rias would be if she had the Booster Gear for a year? Issei was able to reach Maou class with CxC. Not counting DxD since that's an outside source of power from Ophis.
I think she would still be weaker than euclid.
Now, here a scary thought. Imagine Ajuka or Sirzechs using a replica Boosted Gear.