AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-02, 05:14   Link #22141
Stufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
P.S. seeing as NT6 will be over 400 pages should I assume that Teh_Ping-sama will be helping with the translation?
Yeah, please do I'm so excited for NT6
Old 2013-01-02, 05:14   Link #22142
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He's a Homicidal Maniac powered by pride and jealousy of Accelerator.
If he was a homicidal maniac, why did he spare Hamazura and Rikou and granted asylum for Frenda?

Normal people run and pride and jealousy all the time.

Quote:
P.S. seeing as NT6 will be over 400 pages should I assume that Teh_Ping-sama will be helping with the translation?
Lol...
Old 2013-01-02, 05:18   Link #22143
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If he was a homicidal maniac, why did he spare Hamazura and Rikou and granted asylum for Frenda?
But what about poor Uiharu? she was getting the crap beaten out of her! and Kakine only wanted to use Last Order to get a cheap beat down on Accelerator.

I still agree that he is a homicidal maniac!
Old 2013-01-02, 05:18   Link #22144
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Let me rephrase my statement then. he is selectively homicidal depending on if they serve some use to him or they are not worth the effort/no purpose in killing them. Also, I edited my previous post to add something.

Quote:
He wants to take Accelerator's position in Aliester's plan to the point that he may be obsessed with it.
Old 2013-01-02, 05:20   Link #22145
judasmartel
*Author

And speaking of Uiharu, do you think she can be used to portray how espers increase their level without reliance on the Parameter List?
Old 2013-01-02, 05:22   Link #22146
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^can she? Is she supposed to be a level 0 according to the parameter list?
Old 2013-01-02, 05:23   Link #22147
judasmartel
*Author

Erm, nope. She's Level 1. But her abilities have a really great potential to become powerful. Just saying...
Old 2013-01-02, 05:24   Link #22148
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^says who? you or AC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
But what about poor Uiharu? she was getting the crap beaten out of her! and Kakine only wanted to use Last Order to get a cheap beat down on Accelerator.

I guess this wouldn't be considered being homicidal unless he was going to kill her if she didn't tell him. But then that would blowup in his face as he would not have been able to LO if he did kill her. It does show that he likes to torture and beat the the crap out of innocent people. He might be sadistic based on this.
Old 2013-01-02, 05:26   Link #22149
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
^says who? you or AC?
This.

This thread discussed the potential of Uiharu's powers. It could range from temperature control (so Level 5 Uiharu can burn or freeze an opponent if she wanted to) to entropy control (some attribute this as a healing ability, considering her personality and the fact that we haven't seen any healer-type espers yet, only healer-type mages like Itsuwa).
Old 2013-01-02, 05:27   Link #22150
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
And speaking of Uiharu, do you think she can be used to portray how espers increase their level without reliance on the Parameter List?
Don't think so, her ability (In my opinion) is an ability that doesn't have much "uses" or can't become something great, of course that doesn't stop people thinking that she could be a cyrokinetic or some alternative form of pyrokinetic.
So i don't think the Parameter List would applies to her.
Old 2013-01-02, 05:29   Link #22151
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Don't think so, her ability (In my opinion) is an ability that doesn't have much "uses" or can't become something great, of course that doesn't stop people thinking that she could be a cyrokinetic or some alternative form of pyrokinetic.
So i don't think the Parameter List would applies to her.
Wait. From what I understand, PL just says you will only reach this level no matter what you do, please correct me if I'm wrong.

So if PL doesn't apply to Uiharu, then she can raise her power level all the way to 5?

Just asking.
Old 2013-01-02, 05:30   Link #22152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

It's only a Uiharu... Plus it was clearly her fault getting involved when her abilities are inadequate to survive...>_>

Quote:
Let me rephrase my statement then. he is selectively homicidal depending on if they serve some use to him or they are not worth the effort/no purpose in killing them. Also, I edited my previous post to add something.
So if he is capable of making a distinction between sparing and killing, and has placed a clear logIcal line between targets, how is he mentally unstable?

People get obsessed/passionate all the time, how is that proof of instability?
Old 2013-01-02, 05:34   Link #22153
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

If I remember correctly doesn't the parameter list determine the potential level of anyone who undergoes the esper power development curriculum? Also that depending on the results they decide how much resources are spent on the individual? which is why they basically cut off the level 0's from those resources? Also, I don't really count the Railgun series that much as it is a non-canon spin-off.

Quote:
So if he is capable of making a distinction between sparing and killing, and has placed a clear logIcal line between targets, how is he mentally unstable?

People get obsessed/passionate all the time, how is that proof of instability?
But to the point that they want to cause harm to/kill people that they consider as in the way? Kakine is in the yandere territory. Also, killers can display mercy and be rational in making decisions. They can even pass off as normal. In retrospect I will remove the maniac part of my previous comments. But he is still obsessed with replacing Accelerator in Aliester's plan. I guess that makes him an Obsessive Yandere(?).
Old 2013-01-02, 05:39   Link #22154
desrtsku
Nympholept

「Why are you guys accusing Fridge-kun of being an homicidal maniac? He's a bit violent true, a maniac ... maybe, but certainly not homicidal. And Chaos, please don't put the blame on Uiharu, it's not her fault!」

Gehehe ... I came across something really funny today :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
It's plot armor exactly because her abilities are inadequate to survive the Toaru universe. Sure she isn't a PIVOTAL point of the plot but, given her in-story desires to get more involved but getting shafted each time by Kamachi (God), is giving her plot armor.
You really think that?
Oh, that's a nice and all, but going by that definition then 99% of the cast as a super crazy thick plot armor then. Why? I wonder ... maybe because if Aiwass were to get over his impartial attitude, everyone is doomed, right?
Old 2013-01-02, 05:42   Link #22155
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Also, I don't really count the Railgun series that much as it is a non-canon spin-off.
I'm pretty sure Kamachi and his scripts would disagree...

Quote:
But to the point that they want to cause harm to/kill people that they consider as in the way? Kakine is in the yandere territory
That only makes him a killer, doesn't make him mentally unstable unless you're saying all killers are mentally unstable and shouldn't be in jail but rather in a mental ward?

Despite the fanarts, Kakine doesn't like Accelerator that way, plus you're misusing the term yandere since Kakine was never dere.
Old 2013-01-02, 05:46   Link #22156
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Kamachi and his scripts would disagree...

That only makes him a killer, doesn't make him mentally unstable unless you're saying all killers are mentally unstable and shouldn't be in jail but rather in a mental ward?

Despite the fanarts, Kakine doesn't like Accelerator that way, plus you're misusing the term yandere since Kakine was never dere.
I meant yandere for Aliester. I edited my previous post. Also point taken about Railgun. I rarely see those types of spin-offs that build on something from the main story other than the supporting characters/secondary MCs.

Last edited by Welsh_Dragon; 2013-01-02 at 06:05.
Old 2013-01-02, 05:53   Link #22157
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
*cough*psycho*cough*pass*cough*
Sorry, I couldn't resist ...
Old 2013-01-02, 06:10   Link #22158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
「 And Chaos, please don't put the blame on Uiharu, it's not her fault!」
You're right, it's actually Last Order's fault.

80% of the crap Accelerator gets into is because she couldn't stay still =_=
Old 2013-01-02, 06:26   Link #22159
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I meant yandere for Aliester. I edited my previous post. Also point taken about Railgun. I rarely see those types of spin-offs that build on something from the main story other than the supporting characters/secondary MCs.
First of all for Railgun, using the term "spin-off" is already a problem within itself. Which is why for Railgun, I try to avoid having to refer to it as a "spin-off." I prefer to call it "side story" instead.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-01-02, 06:35   Link #22160
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
Yeah, please do I'm so excited for NT6
I am really grateful that the rep system is disabled now...

400 pages for NT6? I got 1776 pages of a series to translate...

And if I have to say, the plot armor in here doesn't actually warrant this much discussion...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen