AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-10-23, 00:35   Link #21
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Anti-tank? Maybe the backside of a Scorpion.

Still, it's scarily fitting.
Scorpions can be scary.

Narf.
Old 2006-10-23, 01:43   Link #22
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Ah Ah Ah
Anti Tank artillery
If with this, Nanoha begin Gundam
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 02:14   Link #23
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Scorpions can be scary.

Narf.
That's the one I was referring to.

Not knockin' the design, but if I had to choose a tank to go up against with nothing but a Barrett that'd be it...

Heh. I think it'd be a suitable kind of metahumor to get more hardware discussion going on here than in the forums for mecha and military shows...
Old 2006-10-23, 07:17   Link #24
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
I think the hands on all the Nanoha figures are pretty much fixed, but as Dragnfly said, the weapons are attachable/detachable.
not necessary, according to this Fate Figure done by GMC (Good Smile Company) http://www.riuva.com/?p=211, it seems like her lightning cloak can be taken off completely. However, i pre-order the Alter's Fate --> http://www.hlj.com/product/ALT20127, I like this one much better, cant wait till November to pick her up. Anyways, do anyone know if Alter's Fate cloak can be taken off? if so, that be awesome. I also have plans for GMC's Nanoha but my wallet says "No"
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 07:59   Link #25
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Buy Alter. You can never go wrong with Alter.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 09:27   Link #26
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Buy Alter. You can never go wrong with Alter.
True that, 3 of my figures ( 2 of which are still in pre-order) are already Alter. Yea, really what Alter makes really appeals to me, but I also like Good Smile Company and Clayz but some of it doesnt attract me that much as Alter
Old 2006-10-23, 10:10   Link #27
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The Nanoha figurine that I put the order in is Alter as well. Good Smile's Nanoha in Excelion feels a little lacking and yes, I do like the 'main cannon' form for RH instead of device mode. What I plan to do is to modify the RH so that Nanoha would have the fins out and going full steam and to make an Excelion mode staff head for RH (I think that would look good for Nanoha in her pose). For that, I need to figure out how big is the shaft though if I want to allow for several different heads to be fitted with the shaft. It's going to take a while since I put ISAL on it.

(although suggestions on what should Nanoha the figurine should be holding weapon wise would be a great topic all in itself... maybe she should raid Golden Pikachu's treasury)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-10-23 at 11:11.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 11:14   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've ordered them all (like some idiot Pokemon hunter) and will sort out the best Fate/Nanoha combo to keep and ebay the rest at hopefully some profit.
So far... I like the "magic circle" stands and the "column of fire" stand, but I *really* prefer Bardiche in his poleaxe or scythe form and Raging Heart in her angular piercing form (can't recall the name) --- and of course, none of those are on the same figure.

the humongous sword figure looks like an failed lesson in gravity and force vectors. What the hell are they thinking?
Old 2006-10-23, 11:39   Link #29
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

How big is the sword Vexx? For swords of ridiculous size, 1/8 Buster sword is at close to 21cm from tip to hilt, the Masemune at 25cm. (guess where I got'em from)

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-10-23, 14:00   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Haven't gotten the Big Sword Fate yet (still on order) ... but looking at the pics... and assuming Fate is 20cm ... as best as I can measure it Bardiche swordform may come in at nearly 30cm. Its not the length alone that bothers... its the horizontal placement and Fate's tiny arms I fear for .... much less the chance the figure may not be able to stand without stickyglue on the shelf.
Old 2006-10-23, 20:44   Link #31
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

I was thinking of buying the GSC Fate for the Zankantou but upon closer inspection, I noticed that the clear blade was already sagging.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 05:20   Link #32
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I have both Fate figures on order and yeah, that one coming out next week is totally gonna need added support. And it doesn't look like it comes with any either.

Oh, well. If Saimoe goes as planned I can have it resting on the shoulder of my Shana figure, ready to lop.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:13   Link #33
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Wow. Here's a figurine of Nanoha w. Excelion mode RH. I like this more than the other one.

Old 2006-10-27, 00:41   Link #34
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Wow. Here's a figurine of Nanoha w. Excelion mode RH. I like this more than the other one.

May I ask is that a resin kit? I like how she holds up her RH Staff. However, it'be much more better if she has those pink flying gears on her legs and her RH opening up in the firing mode for Starlight Breaker. Im thinking of getting GSC Nanoha just for those reasons. However my wallet only let me grab the Alter Fate. Ah well is all for Fate-Chan she better thank me for sacrificing my wallet for her

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2006-10-27 at 00:41. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
Old 2006-10-27, 05:34   Link #35
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'd guess it's resin and not PVC, looking at the seams on RH.

Still tho. Pretty cool. I'd prefer it to have the flier fins too, as well as the pink potrusion on the end of RH and wings. But then again I like things on figures that look good when lights are shined on them.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 15:57   Link #36
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I know as much about that resin figurine as everyone else here. I can't afford it anyway since no thanks to Carmina Burana turning my Fatechan into Gigaworks S700 instead... (5.1, so minus 2 satellite speakers from this pic, which I did not take.) I spared Nanoha nonetheless.

Fatechan is moe~

Old 2006-10-29, 05:13   Link #37
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Very Cute
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 18:06   Link #38
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

After two whole weeks, my Nanoha figurine finally has arrived.

Now... as we all know from StrikerS the COMICS, Nanoha is unable to get additional upgrade on RH following A's, which forces her to 'innovate'... by brushing up none other than the dual wield school 小太刀二刀・御神流 Kodachi Nitou - Mikamiryu and modify it to suit her taste better...

...and calling that 大太刀二刀・御神流なのは版 / Odachi nitou - Mikamiryu Nanoha style. Shouldn't it be called なのは流 instead?
(Wait, I thought First Tsurugi's madeup of 6 swords in itself...)

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-11-06 at 18:31.
Old 2006-11-09, 06:54   Link #39
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
... 76 pages for ~$26cdn+shipping... ugh. I hope somebody here buys it and tells us if it's good or not. By the previews it looks like one of the various art collections, which I'm not even sure are cool because they just collect the o-art and fanart we already have in another thread
Basically, yeah. I can't really see anything new in here, it's just a collection of various posters, the DVD covers without text on them and the like, often with plenty of white space on either side too because the images weren't the right size. Can't really say it's worth buying unless that's all you want. Glad I forgot about it until now, really. As for the standees, I'd rather have the Alter Fate I still have on preorder.

Speaking of which, looks like they've stopped taking preorders for that, so I hope those who wanted one got their order in in time.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 07:23   Link #40
Tsukinomahou
ŒŽ‚Ì–‚–@

There were some nice things that were sold at Comic Market 70 in August, but I haven't had any luck finding any of them. They can be seen on the official site, here.
Tsukinomahou is offline   Reply With Quote