AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2005-12-25, 17:18   Link #81
Takemi_Ikazuchi

They can always introduce more lolis...

They could pull a reverse Signum/Fate, with Fate being an older rival of a younger girl...

that's always fun.. expecially if they thrash talk each other
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 20:50   Link #82
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

gosh, i keep on doing that, i usally catch myself, ill go fix it up a bit haha ^^;
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 23:30   Link #83
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
They can always introduce more lolis...
I wanna see somebody dual weild ID's
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 23:33   Link #84
taloni

Nanoha is the best series in 2005 imo. It is so sad that it ended so fast. Even though I was happy to see the grown up verison of Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate, it significantly reduce the chance there would be a 3rd season.

Spoiler for ep#13 ending:

Since this is Christmas, I sincerely wish there will be 3rd season of Nanoha. There is so much materials to work with, and I just can't get enough of Nanoha, Fate, and kwaii Hayate.
taloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 03:59   Link #85
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The Nanoha franchaise and fanbase is strong enough to warrant a sequal anyway, which makes season 3 logically plausable to tackle. Age shouldn't be a matter as Triangle Heart's protagonists are about the same age as Nanoha by the A's epsilogue (the large cast is another matter)

There's alot of things from Nanoha universe that can be developed more... such as interests with Alhazad, civilian friends of Nanoha uninvolved directly thus far, other organizations or elements inside the Time-space administration. The setting and backstory to Nanoha does allow for a deep story to evolve (copying space animes or Triangle Heart action).

Nanoha has overstepped many axioms of Mahou Shoujo genre. I would not be surprised if the teenage Nanoha team comes back for more action. I think that even Ion Cannon vs. Starlight Breaker might happen at that point.

Whatever it is, I want more Nanoha! (Ahh! It's the white demon!)
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 03:59   Link #86
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Spoiler for just to hide non-spoiler images:
Old 2005-12-26, 04:33   Link #87
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for Just in case, again:

Overall I'd say I enjoyed this season a bit more than the previous one. The Wolkenritter were awesome (especially Signum), and the battle scenes were great. Which does make me think that they blew all the production funding on those scenes, because a lot of the other animation sucked, hard. Like the first season, from a near-flawless first episode, the animation went downhill, bottoming out at around episode six, and then going back up (but not quite reaching the standards of the first ep).

If they do make a Season 3, hopefully they address this issue.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 05:05   Link #88
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

true true... it is possible to have terrific animation in 13 eps (look at AIR) but honestly there's nothing that beats a captivating plot and memorable characters. I totally agree with dkellis.

(I have to admit I seriously was looking for a way to crank up AA and aniso, adjust gamma, exposure when watching the raws because they're... sigh)

I think we can, without doubt say that Nanoha has redefined Mahou Shoujo for this decade and we hope for even greater things to come along this path.

A scary thought: Nanoha season 3 with KEY/VISUAL ARTS rendition.
Old 2005-12-26, 06:22   Link #89
taloni

Actually another possibility for season 3 could be a school romance/comedy series like School Rumble. Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Suzuka, and Arisa are the band of beautiful girls in class 3-C. Chrono and Yuuno transfer in and become the most eligible guys in class. The plot will revolve around the love love relationship among all the characters with Nanoha's heart as the ultimate prize.

Possible relationships
Chrono <-> Amy, Fate, and Nanoha
Yuuno <-> Nanoha
Fate <-> Nanoha, and Signum
Hayate <-> new love interest that needs to battle out with the Wolkenritter Knights to go out on a date with Hayate. Vita would guard Hayate jealously and smack any suitor with her magical hammer.

Another twist to the plot could be Nanoha and the Space-time Administration gang trying to live a double life and have comedy moments when things dont go the way it suppose to.

Last edited by taloni; 2005-12-26 at 06:33.
taloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 06:41   Link #90
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan

A scary thought: Nanoha season 3 with KEY/VISUAL ARTS rendition.
You mean Kyoto Animation? Nanoha sfx is good enough as it is, though.

Someone should make a Nanoha doujin cel-shaded fighting game. That would probably be the easiest. Or better yet, a Nonoha party-based RPG with two storylines. Collect Jewel Seeds either for the Time Administration Bureau or collect Linker Cores for the Book of Darkness. One can use the stat system suggested by Saedin_Casora, though I am unfamiliar with text or card based RPGs. (In fact, I really have no frikin clue what's going on in that forum) I would hope a battle system such as Grandia I / II can be used.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 06:59   Link #91
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

well I think I meant the KEY character template. Then again Kyoko's outstanding job with AIR TV is something.

A Nanoha scroller could work well. What else...

Nanoha + BF2/Q4 where you can fly, snipe, blast, fend against characters from Nanohaverse. You can buy component upgrades, cartriges, barrier jacket enhancements and familiar support. Deathmatch, capture the jewel seed, time race for linker cores, team boss mission...
Old 2005-12-26, 07:36   Link #92
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

By "key character template" do you mean the art style or the design style for the characters/world? I dunno. To me Nanoha characters need massive waves of bangs that change sides inappropriately to how they're facing. Taking that away would be like having the Godannar guy do a loli anime.

That asside, I'm constantly infuriated that the marketing potential for this series is so massive and yet they make nothing but event-only items.

Apart from the animayhem stuff, one of my other pet projects involves altering the guilty gear x2 sprite sets for Nanoha Mugen, as mentioned before. But truthfully cel shaded would be far better. Sprites are a pain and I really suck at it. Altering Rozen Mugen would be far easier but that game sadly really sucked. Too bad Imaterial and Missing Power or Melty Blood aren't easily altered. IaMP's system would work great with Nanoha due to it's complex dodge-and-weave gameplay.

I mentioned it in the s1 topic but I had a dream that there was a Nanoha game played on some unknown console (the controller looked like a PS2 one only with six shoulder buttons and I think only one analogue stick. too long ago to remember) and it had the most amazing graphics ever, played like a faster-paced Z.O.E. and had an all-original story. It was a happy dream. But sadly it was one of those "can't see the screen but just know it's awesome" dreams.

Spoiler for the end of ep13 stuff:

I'll also go for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie, all done in that hyper animation we see in the first episode of the first season.
Old 2005-12-26, 14:28   Link #93
Saedin_Casora

When did I come up with a stat-system? Ninety percent of everything I do is statless that APPEARS to HAVE stats ^^;;;

Which is really about the best way to go about things, but I'm just one opinion, really.

Personally, I'd love to see ANY sort of game done with the universe, as long as it was done with a bit more then half an ass and was fairly good at holding attention... Sort of why I ended up trying to create a story based internet RP of my own.

As for whether they'll do a third season, I simply say this. "Why the devil would they even show OFF teenage versions of the cast if they WEREN'T hinting towards another season? I mean, they've already got the Lolicons from the first 26 committed, and now they're going for the slightly more mainstream audience, with the addition of bishies and cute girls."

Plus, Durandal and Lin Force, they're nifty designs, why only whip them out for the last two episodes?

I rest my case
Saedin_Casora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 22:29   Link #94
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

... I don't really wish to know about teenage versions of the cast before it happens, so thanks for spoiling.

Going out of rant mode for a moment, I have to admit I'm in two minds about seeing Fate as a teenager. She's adorable as she is (my favourite character if that wasn't obvious), so I don't want that spoiled by seeing an older version... but then again I'm also intrigued to see how they portray her... hmm, guess I'll have to wait and see.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 22:37   Link #95
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saedin_Casora
As for whether they'll do a third season, I simply say this. "Why the devil would they even show OFF teenage versions of the cast if they WEREN'T hinting towards another season? I mean, they've already got the Lolicons from the first 26 committed, and now they're going for the slightly more mainstream audience, with the addition of bishies and cute girls."
You know, I'll add to your post. First time MSLN aired was, a year ago. Will be 2 soon, so it got me thinking: if the project team really thought of this, kudo's to them. Maybe they are making it grow along with you, the veiwer. See, if they decide to make a 3rd series, it will be 2 years since both MSLN series have aired. But do you think we, the veiwers are the same as the last 2 years? Certaintly not, and imagine, making this series go on and on, with the characters growing alongside us, the veiwers. Things will never get old guys, and I'm happy just thinking about this. Now if only there are series like this regularly.......
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 22:43   Link #96
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Well, I just finished watching episode 9 and it's a cold and brutal episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-26, 22:55   Link #97
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Spoiler:
I'd like to answer your last question, but it's answered next episode I think

Spoiler for episode 9:
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 00:55   Link #98
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Spoiler for 9:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 9:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 01:49   Link #99
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Spoiler for episode 9:
Heh, right when I found out there were two of them it all suddenly made sense now. I can probably guess who those two really are now.
Old 2005-12-27, 06:01   Link #100
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Heh, right when I found out there were two of them it all suddenly made sense now. I can probably guess who those two really are now.
You can? What is your guess?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote