Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 22:34   Link #3401
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The only real difference between the Providence and Strike Freedom's DRAGOON units were size and number of gunports. In that case, the Freedom's DRAGOONs had LESS firepower than the Providence and the Legend and were mostly larger in size as well.

And let's please not get back into the Shinn vs. Kira argument. That debate's been done to death many times over. The horse is beyond dead; it is now glue.
Ah, thanx for the info of the Dragoons .

I basically agree with you and I certainly don't want to do this but this kind of statement: "When Shinn has his round 2 he completely demolished Kira" kinda make me itch .
Old 2012-06-15, 01:35   Link #3402
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Cagalli cried in SEED but nowhere near to the extent of Destiny. They took it overboard
Considering what was happening when she cried, no they did not take it overboard.
Quote:
Also her Father died in SEED, she got over it in SEED. That wasn't ever used as a legit excuse for making her randomly cry everywhere they could.
What random cry?
Quote:
Kira has never dominated as much as he did in Strike Freedom,
Yes, he has, in the same show even.
Quote:
the mecha wasn't even that impressive. It was just a remodeled Freedom with a few more beams coming out. No real change for why it was such a huge power increase.
That's just your opinion.
Quote:
The Destiny was the much more versatile Mecha compared to the one trick pony that is Strike Freedom.
Impulse was a much more versatile mecha than Destiny.
Quote:
Every game that has had them in it the Destiny always comes up over it in specs and what it can do while the Strike Freedom is regulated to just beam spamming from the back or mass Mook killer. This is reinforced even more in any game featuring GSD, example: SRW(Any of them, Destiny is always far better than any of the Destiny units), DWG(One of the best Movesets in the game), and now the GSD Battle game for Vita.
Games are irrelevant.
Quote:
Shinn has fought against Athrun before.
But not in Infinite Justice.
Quote:
Not to mention that when Kira came to play God only Shinn put up remotely a fight against his Godemodeing while Athrun was one hit into oblivion like he was nothing.
Again, irrelevant.
Quote:
There's no denying that pilot to pilot that Shinn was much more skilled than Retiree Athrun
Maybe, maybe not.
Quote:
and the Destiny was made out to be the ultimate Gundam spec-wise that was leagues ahead of the competition.
That doesn't mean Shinn is guaranteed a win.
Quote:
Than there's Athrun being pretty much a returning retiree and his combat prowess falling far behind Shinn's who was the one that was saving everyone and doing impossible missions for the Minerva crew.
Again, just your opinion.
Quote:
Destiny was pretty much...

Destiny <---> Strike Freedom depending on who had the stronger plot armor at the time. Though Spec-wise and considering versatility the Destiny was leagues ahead of the Strike Freedom.

Everything Else.
Still doesn't guarantee a win.
Quote:
The Destiny was made to be the Ultimate Gundam of its series just like the Zeta was the Ultimate Gundam of its series.
As far as the story is concerned, Destiny ended up being made for Shinn, nothing more, nothing less.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 01:59   Link #3403
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Monster, we know that If they Switch places, Kira'd find no trouble handling Destiny; whereas Shinn would be in a world of trouble handling Strike Freedom.

In fact, Destiny is actually built for someone like Kira to pilot.
Old 2012-06-15, 02:24   Link #3404
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Monster, we know that If they Switch places, Kira'd find no trouble handling Destiny; whereas Shinn would be in a world of trouble handling Strike Freedom.
I don't think you're giving Shinn enough credit there. Any skilled enough pilot, which Shinn is, should be able to make use of Strike Freedom, especially since its DRAGOONs are made easier to use.
Quote:
While Kira should be able to make good use of Destiny, like in the case of Strike Freedom, there's no denying that Shinn was the pilot in mind for Destiny.

Although, in the process, Destiny missed out on the most unique ability of Impulse: it's interchangeable body parts.
Old 2012-06-15, 02:32   Link #3405
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The only real difference between the Providence and Strike Freedom's DRAGOON units were size and number of gunports. In that case, the Freedom's DRAGOONs had LESS firepower than the Providence and the Legend and were mostly larger in size as well.
That, and the SFreedom's Super DRAGOONs doesn't require a pilot w/ spatial awareness (i.e., the La Flaga family) to use them effectively.

Also, here's how the SFreedom is made:

(Victory 2 Gundam's Minovski Drive Design + Double X's Wing Design / Hi-Nu Gundam's Wings & Funnel System Design) + Wing Zero's Twin Combining Rifle Design + Double X's HEAD without the X on it's face = STRIKE FREEDOM

Source: http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=907.145
Old 2012-06-15, 02:34   Link #3406
Destined_Fate

If you don't know the difference between the DARGOONs that the Providence used compared to the toned down version of the Strike Freedom and Legend than there's no helping you. The only one that came close to real DRAGOONs in Destiny was Mwu in the Akatsuki. What Kira used was a cheap imitation that doesn't hold a candle to the real deal.

Quote:

No, the Destiny was built to serve as Shinn's Zeta(As well as take what Impulse did to the 11. Unlike the Impulse(That had to keep switching which was a battle liability against strong opponents) it could utilize all the packs at the same time in a very efficient and versatile manner making it the true successor to the Strike series) of the series that took all of his combat data and was specifically made to fit him like a glove. Kira wouldn't be very comfortable in it at all since the Destiny does more than just Beam Spam.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 03:14   Link #3407
monster

Quote:
What Kira used was a cheap imitation that doesn't hold a candle to the real deal.
Stop making claims without any proof. The only thing ever mentioned is that the new DRAGOONs have added some added computer aide to help the pilots. That doesn't mean it's any less effective than Providence's DRAGOONs.
Quote:
Kira wouldn't be very comfortable in it at all since the Destiny does more than just Beam Spam.
That's a very ignorant claim.
Old 2012-06-15, 03:18   Link #3408
Gundamx

Quote:
If you don't know the difference between the DARGOONs that the Providence used compared to the toned down version of the Strike Freedom and Legend than there's no helping you. The only one that came close to real DRAGOONs in Destiny was Mwu in the Akatsuki. What Kira used was a cheap imitation that doesn't hold a candle to the real deal.

No, the Destiny was built to serve as Shinn's Zeta(As well as take what Impulse did to the 11. Unlike the Impulse(That had to keep switching which was a battle liability against strong opponents) it could utilize all the packs at the same time in a very efficient and versatile manner making it the true successor to the Strike series) of the series that took all of his combat data and was specifically made to fit him like a glove. Kira wouldn't be very comfortable in it at all since the Destiny does more than just Beam Spam.
Destiny look like Strike more than Impulse...

1 2h sword type( same as strike// Impulse have 2)

1 large beam type( same as Strike // Impulse have 2)

2 boomerang ( strike have one // Impulse none)

1 samll gun ( same as both of them)

2 beam sword ( same as both of them)

palm beam & wing = ( both of them don't have them)

In the end it will be like Kira use all Strike pack with same mobile suit.
(Final version of Perfect Strike.)

Edit: Since Kira in Strike >>>> Kira in SF = he will be more than comfortable in Destiny.
(He should be "not comfortable" in Freedom not the other way since Freedom is completely different than Strike unlike Destiny.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 03:28   Link #3409
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
That's a very ignorant claim.
Very, very ignorant, considering that if you replace Destiny's Votiure Lumiere system, and replace it with a normal flight pack, It's pretty much the Perfect Strike,
Old 2012-06-15, 04:07   Link #3410
Destined_Fate

You call me ignorant than make an ignorant comment. The Perfect Strike looks like nothing like the Destiny and works far differently compared to it. There's no comparison between the two other than that the Perfect Strike was a failed and cumbersome concept while the Destiny actually works and isn't hindered in the least with all the packs incorporated compared to the clunky design of the Perfect Strike that just wasn't feasiable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Stop making claims without any proof. The only thing ever mentioned is that the new DRAGOONs have added some added computer aide to help the pilots. That doesn't mean it's any less effective than Providence's DRAGOONs. That's a very ignorant claim.
Oh? So Kira could use the imitiations anywhere near as well as Mwu and Rau used the real thing? Oh wait he couldn't. The show even shows that it's far less effective compared to the real deal, there's no denying it when they showed you the difference in the same exact episode in Destiny. Mwu could do things with it that Kira couldn't even dream of.

I suggest for you to drop the personal attacks.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-15 at 04:21.
Old 2012-06-15, 04:08   Link #3411
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Very, very ignorant, considering that if you replace Destiny's Votiure Lumiere system, and replace it with a normal flight pack, It's pretty much the Perfect Strike,
Err... Not really. The Perfect Strike still won't have Destiny's Inner-frame, which is stated to be imbued with Phase-shift(Like SF. Don't know about IJ, though, but it probably does.), so it won't have the all-around better limb movement and performance that Destiny possesses. By comparison, the sword strike has difficulty swinging around the AVS(Anti-Vessel Sword. They changed it for obvious reasons), while Destiny can swing its AVS around like a normal beam saber(and Destiny's AVS is stated to be 23 meters long according to the MG). Destiny also has better thrusters and it can also achieve flight, which Strike couldn't achieve even with the Aile pack on during the time of SEED.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 05:10   Link #3412
monster

Quote:
You call me ignorant than make an ignorant comment. The Perfect Strike looks like nothing like the Destiny and works far differently compared to it. There's no comparison between the two other than that the Perfect Strike was a failed and cumbersome concept while the Destiny actually works and isn't hindered in the least with all the packs incorporated compared to the clunky design of the Perfect Strike that just wasn't feasiable.
Even if that were true, it still doesn't make your comment about how Kira would not be very comfortable in Destiny at all since it "does more than just Beam Spam" any less ignorant.
Quote:
Oh? So Kira could use the imitiations anywhere near as well as Mwu and Rau used the real thing?
There's no reason why he couldn't.
Quote:
Oh wait he couldn't.
You don't know that.
Quote:
The show even shows that it's far less effective compared to the real deal, there's no denying it when they showed you the difference in the same exact episode in Destiny. Mwu could do things with it that Kira couldn't even dream of.
Like what?
Quote:
I suggest for you to drop the personal attacks.
When did I make a personal attack? The only thing I said was that you made an ignorant comment regarding Kira's potential discomfort in Destiny. The last time I checked, Kira was fine with using, among other weapons, a beam rifle, a beam boomerang, and a sword, all of which Destiny has.
Old 2012-06-15, 05:12   Link #3413
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I sure hope they go through plans of giving Kira the Perfect Strike to give us an idea of how Kira can use the Destiny
Old 2012-06-15, 05:16   Link #3414
monster

Nah, I think it's just a tease cause it'll change the dynamics of future battles, which is too much of an effort for them. But even if they did bring it in, only Mu will pilot it at this point in the series. And like I said, I do not want to see Mu getting trashed by Rau in the Perfect Strike.

Anyway, very nice episode this week leading into next week's episode, turning point indeed. And I just love the intro to this third opening.
Old 2012-06-15, 05:41   Link #3415
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Destiny look like Strike more than Impulse...

1 2h sword type( same as strike// Impulse have 2)

1 large beam type( same as Strike // Impulse have 2)

2 boomerang ( strike have one // Impulse 2)

1 samll gun ( same as both of them)

2 beam sword ( same as both of them)

palm beam & wing = ( both of them don't have them)

In the end it will be like Kira use all Strike pack with same mobile suit.
(Final version of Perfect Strike.)

Edit: Since Kira in Strike >>>> Kira in SF = he will be more than comfortable in Destiny.
(He should be "not comfortable" in Freedom not the other way since Freedom is completely different than Strike unlike Destiny.)
Kira in SF/F >> Kira in Strike, while i admit he wasnt as creative, his kill/disable count raised through the roof when he left the Strike.

also, in the middle of all the arguing here, you seem to forget the difference between all the 3 main character's mobile suits

I-Justice is a Melee mobile suit

S-Freedom is a long/mid range mobile suit

Destiny is a jack-of-all-trades, it has capability to do both, but not as good as the other two

Slap different pilots in different machines and obviously you'll have different outcomes, if Kira piloted the Destiny in Destiny, odds are he still would've piloted the same because that is how the story was planned out.

Kira using the Dragoon's was the same scenes as Rau using Providence's Dragoon's, so we can safely assume the Dragoon's performed equally.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 06:47   Link #3416
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
his kill/disable count raised through the roof when he left the Strike.
Nope, It was more the machine than the pilot.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:08   Link #3417
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Kira in SF/F >> Kira in Strike, while i admit he wasnt as creative, his kill/disable count raised through the roof when he left the Strike.

also, in the middle of all the arguing here, you seem to forget the difference between all the 3 main character's mobile suits

I-Justice is a Melee mobile suit

S-Freedom is a long/mid range mobile suit

Destiny is a jack-of-all-trades, it has capability to do both, but not as good as the other two

Slap different pilots in different machines and obviously you'll have different outcomes, if Kira piloted the Destiny in Destiny, odds are he still would've piloted the same because that is how the story was planned out.

Kira using the Dragoon's was the same scenes as Rau using Providence's Dragoon's, so we can safely assume the Dragoon's performed equally.
Errr have you read me full post?
Or better have you read the post I quote?

I don't care if Destiny was jack of all trade or if Kira was better in SF or if Destiny =/= Perfect Strike ..
My main answer was that Kira can use Destiny to it's full power since it's technically same as Strike
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:18   Link #3418
casval cehack

Quote:
I sure hope they go through plans of giving Kira the Perfect Strike to give us an idea of how Kira can use the Destiny
Or give it to Cagalli. Perfect Strike Rouge.
Old 2012-06-15, 12:56   Link #3419
Destined_Fate

Well it seems its a waste talking to you than. If you aren't going to put forth the effort or take responsibility than I have nothing to say to you. Don't bother responding to me because I will not respond to anymore of your posts from here on out. End of Line.

----------------

Give it to Cagalli? That would never happen considering what happened behind closed doors. Her Father must have been the ultimate jerk since he made her a Mecha that used a system she couldn't even use. Than she gave it away to Mwu almost instantly when she had a chance for a breather.

----------------

The Destiny isn't the same as the Strike or even the Perfect Strike which Kira never used. Kira has zero experience using all the packs together at the same time or the rapid switching that Shinn perfected to the letter where Kira usually just stuck with one pack at a time outside rare episodes when he had no choice but to switch. Since switching in battle as the Strike wasn't feasible against higher skilled opponent which is why the Perfect Strike was considered, than scrapped, and the Destiny was eventually made because of the flaw the system had against competent opponents.

Quote:
Again, the Perfect Strike doesn't even remotely function in the same way as the Destiny. They're a generation apart, you wont see the Perfect Strike handle anywhere near as well as the Destiny nor will it perform anywhere near the feats that the Destiny is capable of. Especially not with such a clunky and cumbersome design that was so bad that it never left the drawing board.
Old 2012-06-15, 14:34   Link #3420
monster

Quote:
Kira has zero experience using all the packs together at the same time or the rapid switching that Shinn perfected to the letter where Kira usually just stuck with one pack at a time outside rare episodes when he had no choice but to switch.
Why do you keep making baseless claims like that? Just because Kira never did it, it doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to do it. There is nothing in Destiny that would require anything more than good piloting ability to use, not to mention that Kira will customize its operation to fit his piloting preference.
Quote:
They're a generation apart, you wont see the Perfect Strike handle anywhere near as well as the Destiny nor will it perform anywhere near the feats that the Destiny is capable of. Especially not with such a clunky and cumbersome design that was so bad that it never left the drawing board.
Perfect Strike is not supposed to compete with Destiny.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep