Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-23, 17:00   Link #141
imbehindyou
turn around...

Thank you Marina & LKK for comments.
had no idea how to fill up the blank space so ended up just cutting off a whole bunch of space on the left

Final entry

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2010-07-23, 20:40   Link #142
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Lets hope our picky host doesn't see it as a space scene.
Quote:
The challenge is not suppose to be in the entry phase. Its suppose to be a "theme" not a "condition."
And how can it be a contest if there are no conditions? A theme is just part of the challengue if you think about it, and since he choosed the theme, it's proper for him to put the conditions, that's what I think.

After all, in space you're not exactly "flying" but floating, since there's no "ground" beneath the object.

And I don't think AX is picky. >_>
Old 2010-07-24, 02:26   Link #143
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
And how can it be a contest if there are no conditions? A theme is just part of the challengue if you think about it, and since he choosed the theme, it's proper for him to put the conditions, that's what I think.
Its hard to explain, since its gray material. Lets just say I feel this is closer to a limit on the imagination (given how specific it is) then a "challenge." To give a extreme example: a girl with her arm stretched out, on a road in France, riding a bicycle downhill with a boy -- with blooming sakura trees on the side. You are now forced in a situation where you have to use that (render that fits or something; like in our case strikewitches, sky girls) or cheat somehow (find a way to bypass the rules). Where as normally you would also have the option to just have fun with it.

I don't think AX is picky, I think the theme is picky. How many entries were questionable? And to be precise, he says:
Quote:
Be it aircraft, hovering cars, buildings, people, ships or what have you, the point is the object in focus must be airborne.
...so good entries like Namiey would still be disqualified if we were to be anal about it.
Old 2010-07-25, 08:05   Link #144
Namiey
is busy...
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Namiey
Quote:
Its hard to explain, since its gray material. Lets just say I feel this is closer to a limit on the imagination (given how specific it is) then a "challenge." To give a extreme example: a girl with her arm stretched out, on a road in France, riding a bicycle downhill with a boy -- with blooming sakura trees on the side. You are now forced in a situation where you have to use that (render that fits or something; like in our case strikewitches, sky girls) or cheat somehow (find a way to bypass the rules). Where as normally you would also have the option to just have fun with it.

I don't think AX is picky, I think the theme is picky. How many entries were questionable? And to be precise, he says:
...so good entries like Namiey would still be disqualified if we were to be anal about it.
i don't get it though.
Old 2010-07-25, 12:45   Link #145
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

As "unfair" it may sound, it's a contest, and a contest has rules, we can't asept a dog in a contest of lambs, it's illogical to asept "float" in a contest of "flying", because that would be unfair for the ones who worked hard and dedicated in make a sig fitting the theme. All this is part of a challengue, if peo'ple find it unfair, then perhaps they'r enot ready for participating in a contest like this.
Old 2010-07-25, 13:49   Link #146
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

When a rule is broken by far too many people it's a problem with the rule not the people. Rules are for everyone. If the majority is having problems with it, then obviously its usefulness is lost. (speaking for the general application of "rule")

Besides, it used to be just a theme. Only recently has it turned into a set of rules each month, so I have every right to question it =P
Old 2010-07-25, 13:58   Link #147
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Besides, it used to be just a theme. Only recently has it turned into a set of rules each month, so I have every right to question it =P
It is still a theme not a rule.
The question is if the signature fit the theme or not. I would agree than some theme are more ''open'' or ''difficult'' than other, but still the themes where aprouved and contestants managed to made signature fitting the said themes so it wasn't a impossible task.
Old 2010-07-25, 14:04   Link #148
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Speaking of which, it appears Moonie isn't around this month to collect entries. Anyone willing to volunteer so we can get the voting going?
Old 2010-07-25, 14:27   Link #149
Solange
Ętre discutable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Speaking of which, it appears Moonie isn't around this month to collect entries. Anyone willing to volunteer so we can get the voting going?
I'll do it if you don't care, I just go through the whole thread and find the final entries correct?
Old 2010-07-25, 14:34   Link #150
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
1 White Manju Bun

2 felix

3 ganbaru

4 CMHerrera

5 Drake

6 Patchy

7 Haladflire65

8 Evil Rick

9 milan kyuubi

10 CrowKenobi

11 Miko Miko

12 Mittwoch

13 Abet17

14 Namiey

15 LKK

16 Naoto

17 Larthak

18 imbehindyou

I just hope than I didn't forgot anyone.
Old 2010-07-25, 14:39   Link #151
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Wow, I didn't realize it till now, but damn...there's quite a few spectacular or very interesting entries this month. Great job, guys.

Picking three is going to be a horror this time around O.o
Old 2010-07-25, 14:44   Link #152
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I agree lots of really good entrys wish i had of entered this one
Old 2010-07-25, 18:28   Link #153
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Much appreciated Ganbaru. Voting thread is now up.

Tags
signature of the month, sotm