Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-02-21, 05:52   Link #7641
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Tenancy agreements.
Oh right, hmm. Well I guess your only option is a unit (so stood on a regular TV unit) or a vertical stand that you mount it on, if they make them (which they probably do).

Have you asked the landlord about it though? Most would be fine with it provided you made good on any holes or paint when you leave. Most tenancy agreements where I live have that as a standard stipulation, so I would expect you can mount it, unless you have a landlord who has forbidden anything like that.

Most reasonable landlords will allow you to do stuff like that provided you make good and leave it in the condition it was found, so if you haven't asked the landlord, ask as you might get a nod on it.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 10:03   Link #7642
LKK

SaintessHeart, a vertical stand would be my suggestion. I have an elaborate one that includes shelves at the base for other equipment, but there are cheaper versions than than mine. Some advantages besides the whole no screws in the walls issue is that if you move, the stand comes with you. Also if you want to rearrange the furniture in your room, you can (relatively) easily move the stand as needed.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 12:16   Link #7643
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

You know those jokes about how police discovered a body with some weird stuffs on it (most of the time some sexual fetish, dildo and etc), and then decided to dispose it or keep it as private information from the public to protect the victims/ victims' families integrity.....

Is it true? Do the police actually do that?
Old 2015-02-26, 13:20   Link #7644
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You know those jokes about how police discovered a body with some weird stuffs on it (most of the time some sexual fetish, dildo and etc), and then decided to dispose it or keep it as private information from the public to protect the victims/ victims' families integrity.....

Is it true? Do the police actually do that?
Would assume there's nothing stopping them...
Old 2015-02-26, 17:18   Link #7645
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Would assume there's nothing stopping them...
Stop them to publish it, or hide it?
Old 2015-02-27, 01:39   Link #7646
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
SaintessHeart, a vertical stand would be my suggestion. I have an elaborate one that includes shelves at the base for other equipment, but there are cheaper versions than than mine. Some advantages besides the whole no screws in the walls issue is that if you move, the stand comes with you. Also if you want to rearrange the furniture in your room, you can (relatively) easily move the stand as needed.
I am looking for a clamp stand. Or I may have to build one myself.

Thanks all for the answers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 14:26   Link #7647
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So why do those who fly planes in the US Navy insist people call them Aviators and not Pilots?
I kinda find it strange since those in other Navies do call themselves pilots and/or have no problem of being called a pilot. There was even a Discovery Channel Documentary that called those who fly F/A-18 in the US Navy as pilots.
Old 2015-03-05, 10:36   Link #7648
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So why do those who fly planes in the US Navy insist people call them Aviators and not Pilots?
I kinda find it strange since those in other Navies do call themselves pilots and/or have no problem of being called a pilot. There was even a Discovery Channel Documentary that called those who fly F/A-18 in the US Navy as pilots.
That is inter-service differentiation so to maintain a competitive spirit.

Hence the saying : the US Armed Forces only has 2 branches, the Navy and the Army. The Air Force is a corporation and the Marine Corps is a cult.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 10:54   Link #7649
HasuMasu
*Artist

I just watched Chappie (it's okay), and there's a scene where a guy explodes someone in the same room with an RPG.

I don't remember where I read this, but I thought RPGs are only armed after about 60 feet or something like that.

What's going on?
Old 2015-03-14, 14:13   Link #7650
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
What's going on?
It's a movie.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 00:31   Link #7651
HasuMasu
*Artist

So...smashing a warhead with a hammer isn't dangerous?
Old 2015-03-15, 01:06   Link #7652
speck123

Depends on the explosives used, also the fuse, etc...
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 01:46   Link #7653
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh of course that makes more sense...I just thought there might be some regulation.
Old 2015-03-19, 09:32   Link #7654
abc0716

Which country's currency is used by 1000 as an unit ? (i.e. 1 as 1 on most countries, 10 as 1 on Taiwan, 100 as 1 on Japan...)
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 02:07   Link #7655
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Which country's currency is used by 1000 as an unit ? (i.e. 1 as 1 on most countries, 10 as 1 on Taiwan, 100 as 1 on Japan...)
Seeing as how I just came back from it on a holiday, South Korea.
Old 2015-03-31, 08:35   Link #7656
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone know what is this kind of graph called? And how to draw it on Excel?

Old 2015-03-31, 08:54   Link #7657
FunnyGuy
Banned

^ Not an engineer but that looks like a linear function graph or something without the lines but only the coordinates. I'm sure there are options in Excel to make it unless, well, copy+paste from paint but most likely not. I'm kinda sure THERE IS AN OPTION. Google helps.

May give you an idea: http://www.algebralab.org/activities...rFunctions.xml
FunnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 09:42   Link #7658
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGuy View Post
^ Not an engineer but that looks like a linear function graph or something without the lines but only the coordinates. I'm sure there are options in Excel to make it unless, well, copy+paste from paint but most likely not. I'm kinda sure THERE IS AN OPTION. Google helps.

May give you an idea: http://www.algebralab.org/activities...rFunctions.xml
Hey, thank, but it's not quite what i want. As you can see in the x axis, it's more like a column~ish graph rather than a mathematical coordination graph.

The idea is just for presentation. Like for example I can say:
  • Town A's means housing price for the downtown and central regions are 310000$ and 510000$ respectively
  • In comparison, Town B, the mean price for East side, West side, and Central Area is 120000, $400000 and $630000 respectively

... and then can conclude something like "there is a bigger gap in housing price in Town B". "or the pricing trend of town A and B is similar as in central region cost 2-4 times as much as outside suburb"

Old 2015-03-31, 09:57   Link #7659
FunnyGuy
Banned

^ then again, not an engineer. ^_^
FunnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 03:16   Link #7660
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Does anyone know what is the short name of a trope that entails: a person pulling out skills/experiences/know-hows/etc from himself in alternate timelines. Not exactly reincarnation either. To give a picture, some Visual Novel MCs in True Routes will have knowledge/experience on what happened in every other route, so the MC in the True Route is the sum of all the other MCs in other routes.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious