AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-18, 17:02   Link #101
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
It has to be something so special that KT probably doesn't know himself yet.
Yes... i've been thinking in that too.
Old 2010-11-18, 18:45   Link #102
Alchemist007
*Author

A big, perfect Hougyoku?
Old 2010-11-18, 19:53   Link #103
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Then makes a snide remark about Aizen being a weakling, oh ho ho.
So you're saying to make this new guy into Sensui?
Old 2010-11-18, 20:00   Link #104
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So you're saying to make this new guy into Sensui?
Lovin ya Lovin YA
Old 2010-11-19, 02:08   Link #105
Alchemist007
*Author

Being really 'dead' is overrated for the protagonist.
Old 2010-11-19, 02:10   Link #106
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The other point is, that Ichigo suddenly has superhuman strenght, even though all he trained was his soul, while his (dead!) body was doing nothing in the human world.
Good point. I don't think Kubo put much thought into what he made Ichigo say back in chapter 427. (Either that, or pg 21 of the chapter contains a translation error.)

He basically states he's retained both the reflexes and a toned body thanks to his experiences as a shinigami. But to imply Ichigo's physical body has improved from the days he's spent as a shinigami presents a bit of a plot-hole. So instead, I'll give Kubo the benefit of a doubt. I'll assume what he meant to say is that Ichigo's retained his reflexes and fighting experience. Because while he hasn't demonstrated much in the way of superhuman strength (as of recently), he's at least shown that he's overloaded with skills for a normal human being.
Old 2010-11-19, 05:57   Link #107
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post

Though this is the part which bothers me the most at the current state: How comes Ichigo is still alive? We all know, that before the SS arc, he was killed by Urahara to gain Shinigami powers. From this moment on, he was a dead person, who just occassionally used a Gigai (which happend to be his original body) to interact with the human world.
No, no and no. People here constantly argued how Ichigo was not dead. Urahara flat out said during shattered shaft that the only way Ichigo could save his life and continue living was to gain shinigami powers...which he did. Several characters refer to him as human (something they never call other shinigami) including Grimmjow, Halibel, Ulq and others. Ichigo was a living human with shinigami powers, not an actual shinigami soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Because while he hasn't demonstrated much in the way of superhuman strength (as of recently), he's at least shown that he's overloaded with skills for a normal human being.
Frankly, he was like that even before he received any kind of training. Chad is an even more ridiculous example. Remember him using the telephone pole like a club? This is before he got powers BTW.

Old 2010-11-19, 06:19   Link #108
iceyfw

so wait, i am seriously confused about something. did karin know about urahaha (however you spell his name) before the time skip? if she didn't, that would mean she knows now what her brother went through and what went down while she was kept in the darkness.

and it was also mind boggling how urahaha (lol i'll never get it right) called karin "kurosaki-san" instead of "kurosaki-chan". i'm going to assume kubo is implying something here tied in with the next chapter or two. it might be he views the kurosaki family as a respectable and powerful family? i might be reading too much into it.

i remember people going ??? if ichigo's hallow powers really did disappear with his shinigami powers. did anyone actually come up with a plausible theory in the Bleach world?

Last edited by iceyfw; 2010-11-19 at 06:29.
Old 2010-11-19, 07:12   Link #109
Raghar

Double cliffhanger. Lets Chinese torture Tito Kubo.
Old 2010-11-19, 08:59   Link #110
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i remember people going ??? if ichigo's hallow powers really did disappear with his shinigami powers. did anyone actually come up with a plausible theory in the Bleach world?
I was under the impression (and I could be mistaken) that Ichigo's shinigami powers and hollow powers were inextricably linked. There was one episode of the anime in particular where it shows Hichigo becoming part of Zengetsu again after Ichigo leaves his inner world.

To lose the power for one means that Ichigo loses both.

Based on chapter 1 of this new arc, he's supposed to have zero reiatsu. He doesn't have any spirit energy within him to house shinigami powers or hollow powers. Assumedly when he regains his power, he will regain both.
Old 2010-11-19, 14:03   Link #111
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Frankly, he was like that even before he received any kind of training.
Can't agree with you completely in this case. Prior to becoming a shinigami, Ichigo would still get roughed up against an entire gang of thugs (as was shown in Chads flashback during his fight w/ Shunsui). But now, he seems like he can take on just as many opponents or more and remain perfectly unscathed in the process.

You're right about Chad though.
Old 2010-11-19, 14:43   Link #112
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I dont know what to say about this chpt, but yesterday i left my computer room straight after i read the chpt, went to my bedroom, grabbed one of my pillows and screamed in to it "DAMN YOU TITE KUBO AND YOUR F**KING CLIFFHANGERS!!!"

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-11-19, 14:48   Link #113
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ha. I've seen far more infuriating cliffhangers than this one. I'd like to see how you'd react the ending of the Code Geass season one. =P
Old 2010-11-19, 15:20   Link #114
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
I dont know what to say about this chpt, but yesterday i left my computer room straight after i read the chpt, went to my bedroom, grabbed one of my pillows and screamed in to it "DAMN YOU TITE KUBO AND YOUR F**KING CLIFFHANGERS!!!"
It was a good cliff hanger of course
Old 2010-11-19, 15:49   Link #115
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't really think it's a cliffhanger, actually...
Old 2010-11-19, 15:54   Link #116
Alchemist007
*Author

The Aizen fights were cliffhangers...every single chapter.

Aizen gets stabbed by Toushirou,

"I'll finish this in an instant,"

Old 2010-11-19, 15:58   Link #117
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Do not see why he is unable to go in soul form, since his 'chain of fate' was not only cut: it was dissolved, or was that an illusion? I remember earlier in the manga. When Ichigo was worried about Orihime being killed, Rukia assured him. Orihime will be alright because her "chain of fate" was not broken. Technically, he's dead. No one has done a konsou. Saw no reason for Ichigo losing his ability to see ghost(s), etc. I know it's late response.
Old 2010-11-19, 16:01   Link #118
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ichigo's original body is in a position to host his spirit, and so it does. Saying that he's possessing himself is kinda stupid...but I'd say he's alive.
Old 2010-11-19, 17:17   Link #119
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't really think it's a cliffhanger, actually...
It was a cliff hanger almost every Bleach chapter is a cliff hanger at the end
Old 2010-11-19, 19:34   Link #120
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

thats why i screamed into my pillow! I was frustrarted at the amount of times kubo has ended a chpt of a cliffhanger!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Closed Thread