AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-17, 14:40   Link #161
Seska

Well, dunno why. But i like how they are telling the Story in this anime. In the present they push the story, and sometimes they trow some glimpse of the past...

I like it, i love this balance...

i am curious to know what happened to somebody (high Up one. See her(manly woman) Stars on the chest) lover and how she will react...

So far the art of telling the story 10/10 from me...

and for someone how cannot wait.. Omni has a little summary on his side for us
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 22:22   Link #162
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

With Mushi-Uta done, and Ghost Hound not yet started, this show is filling my "dark and serious" anime needs quite nicely. One thing I'd particularly like to give points for is the amazing colors. What, you say, the colors are mostly kind of muted and not eyecandy?
That's. The. Point!
I'm getting a bit tired of even dramatic animes pushing color schemes that are artificially bright-looking. The colors here look real. The characters look real. Backgrounds are high-enough quality that they look real. I find it much easier to appreciate non-comedies when they're this believable to watch. Oh, and I totally second the "CG not so much in your face" bit. Half the time I can't even tell which parts are 3D modeling vs. 2D... I think the 3D stuff is more prevalent than many people realize. Because it doesn't jump out and grab attention.

BTW I am now accepting avatar requests from Eps 1 and 2. Give me an approximate time frame and I'll see what I can do. Can't do sigs though, I'm not an artist, just an editor.
Old 2007-10-17, 23:08   Link #163
Calawain
Gaijin

This show has loads of awesome so far after the second episode. Afterwards I just wanted more, great setup of the story and characters, and the character designs were great. Looking forward to further releases.
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 23:11   Link #164
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

I havent checked on the previous spoiler tags for episode 2 BUT it should be a surprise to viewers what that machine thing was in the end of ep 1.
Old 2007-10-18, 01:09   Link #165
Ultenth

Probably so far one of my top 5 shows easily for this season. Ep 2 was pretty cool, I just hope they don't jump the shark and make everything super formulaic, but so far its starting off with high hopes.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 15:27   Link #166
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lavandula

Mask

Blue Drop continues to amaze me with the elaborated quality of constructing its plot line, and depth in which it immerses to revel upon its characters.

Mari's spunky attitude is very spontaneous because at sometimes she just lets out her emotions in a burst either be frustrated or upset, and at others she keeps herself composed when cheering or feeling happy.

Contrary to Mari, Hagino's elegance and subtle stoicism acts as the foil for the emotional Mari.

In addition, the ending song is beautiful because it matches with the scope of the storyline.
Spoiler:

Hurdles, hardships, deceit, and sorrows will now be tested upon Hagino and Mari on their way to find out that they would no longer feel alone but......
Spoiler:

The second episode revealed certain unexpectancies and quite hinted at some others.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 16:27   Link #167
Seska

My ideas for speculations...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-18, 16:36   Link #168
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 3...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 16:40   Link #169
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I'm beginning to feel the yuri vibe in here -- which means that I'm starting to warm up to this series.
Spoiler for manga:

--> Btw, that some military uniform they got in there Hagino should wear like that more often
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 16:58   Link #170
Seska

I agree, the Uniform of Hagino is perfect for such a cute face of her it let her Blue eyes glow like a Light in the dark... *gough*
Old 2007-10-18, 17:38   Link #171
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Am I the only one who felt a little Star Blazers deja vu in Episode 3? Wave Motion gun, anyone?
Old 2007-10-18, 17:43   Link #172
Ashlotte
Clockwork

The sound design and animation still continue to wow me with this show. Add on to it great characters and a really intriguing plot makes it one of the my favorite shows ive seen this season easily.

Oh yes and yuri undertones don't hurt either...

Eagerly waiting episode 3 with much anticipation heh.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 18:01   Link #173
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

My current sig is for Blue Drop. The second episode is a lot better.
Old 2007-10-18, 22:16   Link #174
romulusx5

yeah, a little yuri wont hurt. i think we're all expecting it anyways.LOL

the principal guy btw, looks like he's a member of an 80's metal band with the mullet.
romulusx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 22:24   Link #175
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulusx5 View Post
...the principal guy btw, looks like he's a member of an 80's metal band with the mullet.
Lol. I think that's actually supposed to look like a "dandy," or a 19th-century artist or musician.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 23:57   Link #176
Mentar
Banned

Some comments/corrections to Deathkillz

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 05:00   Link #177
Sheik
The Prince

Send a message via MSN to Sheik
Well, I think this anime succeeds in creating an atmosphere based on a very good plot and realization. I would not be able to describe accurately the 3D effect and 2D effect but Blue drop is an "everything" composed of good musics, plot and graphics.

My ideas for ep3 and following:

Spoiler for blue drop :

I'm eager to see ep3 ^^
Old 2007-10-19, 09:41   Link #178
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The official site's plot summary says something about...
Spoiler for what happened on the island, etc., speculations based on the official site and the mangas:
A big question for me is why the aliens and the Earth people have such similar biology. One thing I really like is the way crew members can leap and slide easily into their places in the control room. There's one example in the OP and then again in ep3. Hagino's cap is kawaii, but the way it's perched up so high on her head somehow reminds me of Shirley Temple as a child in some old film.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 12:27   Link #179
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The official site's plot summary says something about...
Spoiler for what happened on the island, etc., speculations based on the official site and the mangas:
Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2007-10-19, 12:36   Link #180
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 2 was quite nice I cant really blame Mari for still being so distrustful of Hagino. I mean all said and done she still tried to strangle her and if i was in that position i would be looking over my shoulder i dont care how gentle her smile is.

On the other hand Hagino seems to have taken a liking to Mari after she figured who she was. The fact that she convienced the head of the doorms to switch rooms around was a bold move i didnt expect it. I didnt quite understand what the girl in ship meant when she said things have been acting up every since Mari came. It was almost like Mari hold some mysterious power that is influencing things since she is the only survivor, not to mention she could see Haginos officer.

Im liking the series so far even though we still a ways to go before we get the whole story. Im looking forward to seeing Mari and Hagino get closer.

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri