AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 24 Rating [FINAL]
Perfect 10 70 49.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 22.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.41%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-20, 10:05   Link #61
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wait, when was the end of the Railgun anime? Can someone double check that it is August 13?
I think I saw a clock when the credits were rolling near the end. Ill try to get a screenshot of it.

EDIT: There

August 9? .... When did the sisters arc start again?
Old 2010-03-20, 10:25   Link #62
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Wow, this episode was epic compared to the previous eps. 9/10 overall for this series.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 10:48   Link #63
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
TELESTINA IS Immortal Grand Prix/IGPX!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 10:57   Link #64
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

9/10

I hope there will be more railgun planned in the future.
Old 2010-03-20, 11:04   Link #65
Welgaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I think I saw a clock when the credits were rolling near the end. Ill try to get a screenshot of it.

August 10th.
Welgaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 11:05   Link #66
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

August 9 eh? And we all know what happens the next day.
Good posting on the pic even though i actually was gonna post the same thing until i saw your post.
The pic does shows the events of Railgun is still within Index timeline canonically.
Old 2010-03-20, 11:24   Link #67
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well that was certainly a better episode than I had expected, thank god.

Good action.

Good conclusion.

No corny-ness. (not too much anyway...)

Open-ness for a second season. (let's just hope a second season does better in the middle episodes than this season did)

And yes, Kongo's ability was pretty damn cool. I can think of some nice ways that kind of ability would be useful. Too bad we don't have a Hajime Saito in Railgun; Kongo launching Saito on a slab-of-metal-for-a-board and pulling a Gatotsu Zero Stance like that would have been pure beauty. One can dream.

Still a few things though:

Seeing cliched super-psycho bad guy was still quite a bit ugh.

All this fighting and beating up, and the main good guys still have nothing more than a few bruises and scratches. Telestina is walking around in an exosuit and takes more damage. Mikoto takes a high-powered rocket-propelled several-ton-weighed steel claw head on and blows it up in her face, then gets knocked around by Telestina in her exosuit even more. And not even a drop of blood. Huh? Did JC Staff all of a sudden develop a phobia of showing good guys getting hurt? It just feels dumb whent he good guy is barely getting scratched in the final battle. We're not watching Pokemon; I think we can handle a little blood on our good guys.

Also, it may have been just one motion shot (only one that I noticed, anyway), but recycling a motion shot from the OP and using it in the final episode where a good deal of the budget should be going?

Anyways, a good episode, and again, better than I had expected. 9/10 all the way.

As for Index S2, as I said in the Q&A thread way back when, Shana S3 is most likely coming out before Index S2. There hasn't been new Shana TV since March '08, while Index only ended back in March '09. People shouldn't bother expecting an announcement on Index S2 until during or the end of Shana S3.
Old 2010-03-20, 11:43   Link #68
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The pic does shows the events of Railgun is still within Index timeline canonically.
The problem is that episode with Himegami. In order for it to fit with the timeline canonically, everything between that episode and this episode must have happened within..........one day. Unless that Himegami episode was meant to be out of order.
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 11:48   Link #69
Jaden

Ah, that was some good action...though it's hard to overlook the girls getting smacked around by that exoskeleton and _at most_ getting the air pushed out of them. Maybe Academy City has also been experimenting with adamantium implants on the students?

It's like...okay when Touma is getting beat up, because that adds to the GAR, but with Misaka and Kuroko it makes me cringe.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 12:17   Link #70
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
is it just me or I'm heartless.... I don't find kiyama sensei and her student heart warming.
No, you aren't. I wan't moved because this was expected since the begining.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 12:19   Link #71
AnimeFreak9798

Quote:

If I remember (I'm not sure)
I think it was on August 10th
AnimeFreak9798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 12:52   Link #72
ekin1
Taiga Uppercut

Too bad it took so many fillers to make a good ending. I'll rate the series 7/10 because beginning arc was great and so was finale. Everything in between was meh though
ekin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 13:25   Link #73
kitten320

Saw it moments ago... it was a great episode! Didn't dissapoint me one bit!

We finally had Kongo action and what is even better is that she had teamed up with Kuroko, those two really should work together more often.

Misaka telling Kuroko to hurry and catch up with her, showing that she does care about her what gets Kuroko all hyper!

Misaka's mega railgun blast which was created thanks to Kuroko who teleportated that huge object for her.

Saten, the real hero of the day^^

And a nice reunion with kids... This episode really was good, for me it was far better than Index conclusion though sister arc is still one of my faves there along with whole changing personality
Old 2010-03-20, 13:40   Link #74
Freeter
beyond

So much cheese in these last two episodes...no wonder Pizza Hut made a cameo in that filler episode

Kongou/Kuroko teamup was easily the best scene, too bad it wasn't longer.

LOL at the whole Saten scene. When Uiharu started reciting the whole location of the Capacity Down device I nearly lost it, then when the room conveniently broadcasted Telestina's voice just so Saten could be all dramatic, I was on the floor And why'd she leave the bat behind?

Not much to say about the ending aside from all the Index cameos. Too bad it didn't end with Kuroko pouncing on Biribiri while she slept (maybe they're saving it for the OVAs? ).
Old 2010-03-20, 13:49   Link #75
Fandal

Why did Telestina become mentally insane/inconsistent? This character still puzzles me. The scene of her past gives a pretty good idea why she collects childhood things in her MAR office. That seems nice. Why was she willing to destroy half the city? Wouldn't that cause everyone to notice her? She probably could have gotten away with the level 6 project if she kept more quiet. How did she go from super smart to super dumb so fast?

MAR is another thing I'm confused about. Why did they all of a sudden do that? It makes no sense.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 13:53   Link #76
Eater of All
NOM

10/10. It's only once in a blue moon that I give episodes a perfect rating, but this Railgun finale deserves it. I just can't ask for more when the last episode combines action, tear-jerkers, undertones of further conspiracies, and an epic slide of every major character in Academy City. Especially that last bit. I'm a total sucker for scenes that allow me to look back at the whole half-year voyage, the laughs, the cries, the RAGE, the whole array of hardships that brought these otherwise strangers together to become the friends and buddies of today. I can now contentedly remark to myself that it was, indeed, a fun journey; one that I do not at all regret making.

Some random highlights of the episode:
- Anti-skill is actually useful for once!
- Saten owns some machines with her trusty BAT
- Kongo's ability. You do NOT want to get slapped by her.
- Batshit insane Beato-reborn in a goddamned fist-shooting TRANSFORMER
- Subsequent highway roadchase that is better than any game you've ever played
- Kuroko's MACHINE GUN TELEPORTER BELT
- Railgunning a giant fist > Kamehameha

And the Academy City being a whole giant experiment thing. I love conspiracies, so I wish I can see more of the city's shady political side and all those deliciously evil stuff. Sequel soon, please?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Why did Telestina become mentally insane/inconsistent? This character still puzzles me. The scene of her past gives a pretty good idea why she collects childhood things in her MAR office. That seems nice. Why was she willing to destroy half the city? Wouldn't that cause everyone to notice her? She probably could have gotten away with the level 6 project if she kept more quiet. How did she go from super smart to super dumb so fast?

MAR is another thing I'm confused about. Why did they all of a sudden do that? It makes no sense.
This is why I'm curious about Academy City; they seem to secretly condone (support?) Telestina's little project. If their ultimate goal really is to make a Level 6, I suppose they're even willing to destroy the city for it.
Old 2010-03-20, 13:58   Link #77
cherrycolaz

Uhm, just wondering. In the battle between Telestina and Misaka, Telestina mentions that she knows all about Misaka's power and said that Misaka's range of shooting is limited to only 50 metres. But when Kuroko appears, Misaka then shoots with her full strength, and it was well over 50 metres. More like a mile (around 9:00 minutes in the episode) Is Misaka still lvl 5 considering 50 metres = lvl 5? then what one mile?

am I making any sense? <.< if not, watch around 5:55 and 9:00 ._.
cherrycolaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 14:26   Link #78
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycolaz View Post
Uhm, just wondering. In the battle between Telestina and Misaka, Telestina mentions that she knows all about Misaka's power and said that Misaka's range of shooting is limited to only 50 metres. But when Kuroko appears, Misaka then shoots with her full strength, and it was well over 50 metres. More like a mile (around 9:00 minutes in the episode) Is Misaka still lvl 5 considering 50 metres = lvl 5? then what one mile?

its due to the materials used for firing railgun.

its should be 30 meters for the usage of coin before it disappears due to it massive friction. If misaka uses a bigger bullet then it should last longer.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 14:26   Link #79
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycolaz View Post

It's not like she gained new power.
The object itself she launched for the Railgun was much bigger than a coin, so it basically didn't melt after 50 metres but went farer and the volume of the object also added to the higher power output.
And that she could use the metal fist for the Railgun to begin with is because it wasn't too big, plus the ideal position to fire made possible by Kuroko.
Old 2010-03-20, 14:32   Link #80
skelet0r

All i can really say about this episode.

SHOOP DA WHOOP.
skelet0r is offline   Reply With Quote