AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-06, 16:43   Link #121
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If Whitebeard is supposed to die by the end of this battle, then Blackbeard not appearing to have a share in that glory would be an unexpected event. And if he appears, that may create many options for him, such as, him attacking both sides, or falling under WG command temporarily. If he had finished his job at Impel Down, he should be arriving there soon.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:16   Link #122
Talendra

Just some random thoughts about how the Pirates may get a chance to escape :d

Wbs goes on serious killing(=beating)spree until he encounters Sengoku, who puts up a good fight, but gets trashed eventually. From that point the real chaos will break loose - with the marines leader unable to command his troops and some more twists (e.g. arrival of revolutionaries, former Roger Pirates, BB, other strange Shichi movements etc.) a couple of capable marines characters (garp, admirals, tsuru) will try to fill in that spot, resulting in multiple smaller marines forces with close to none coordination (that may also a important part due to the different approaches and goals of garp, aokiji, akainu etc.). The resulting chaos should be more than enough to let escape whoever Oda wants to escape...

On a different note: why isn't WB long-range-quaking the marine formations up? He clearly showed that he had the needed range and power by scattering the waves, and the needed accuracy by scattering Aokiji at the very beginning. I know, it wouldn't be that fun for us readers, but to me it surely looks like on more illogical battle decision...
Old 2009-11-06, 17:49   Link #123
LastResolve

meh most likely whitebeard will die in some kind of unfair situation...so he will look in a way of a gay hero he will alway's wound badly the oppenent thats what alway's happens in anime's at least
Old 2009-11-06, 18:02   Link #124
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
It makes you wonder... i mean the down side to cutting off the video there was that the public are left with the impression that the marines made a deal with whitebeard and the war was staged... but their is a plus side to this in that it makes whitebeard look like a traitor... their are probebly many people he has touched that made them think that pirates are not all bad... these same people will now be having second thoughts about WB and all other pirates by extension... could be an interesting dynamic if oda plays with it
Here is the problem with that theory though. The public in large already has a negative opinion of all pirates. They would just think that staging a war is a very 'pirate' thing to do.

On the other hand, the Marines and World Government are suppose to be the upholders or peach and justice. They actually have a reputation to lose with the public. How are you seen as the keepers of peace if you are exposed as starting a war?

All these breaks are irritating, because I want this whole arc to com to a finale and reunite the crew.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:26   Link #125
marvelB

About the whole Blackbeard thing: I admit I was also one of those who thought it would be fitting for Teach to land the final blow on old Newgate, but.... my views changed after witnessing the events that took place at Marineford so far. Now I think it would be more fitting for Blackbeard to witness Whitebeard's death from afar, perhaps at just a good enough distance for Whitebeard to catch a glimpse of him as he takes his last breath. Then after the old man dies, Teach will take a nice big bite of cherry pie as he lets out a hearty "ZEHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@marvelB - I love that montage of Moria's multiple facial expressions you put up. I'm sure we'll be seeing many more of those great moments yet to come .

Yeah, that's another reason why Moria's one of my favorite villains.... he's proven himself to be one of the more expressive characters in the series so far. Pretty impressive IMO, when you consider that he was only introduced a little over two years ago.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:32   Link #126
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
All in all, even if BB wins, I don't think his victory over WB can be classed as being that impressive. WB is wounded, he isn't in his prime anymore.....
We'll see how valid this excuse is when we see Whitebeard go all out in the subsequent chapters. Rayleigh is no longer in his prime either and yet he was able to hold off Kizaru. I would expect more from Whitebeard given his title of "Strongest Man in the World" and that he was the only one to have ever fought on equal terms with Roger. It's true that he's in a deteriorating and weakened state right now (especially after suffering a severe stab wound from Squado), but the fact that he's about to unleash his full power in a relentless assault on the marines should somewhat compensate for that deficiency. .
Old 2009-11-06, 19:38   Link #127
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
About the whole Blackbeard thing: I admit I was also one of those who thought it would be fitting for Teach to land the final blow on old Newgate, but.... my views changed after witnessing the events that took place at Marineford so far. Now I think it would be more fitting for Blackbeard to witness Whitebeard's death from afar, perhaps at just a good enough distance for Whitebeard to catch a glimpse of him as he takes his last breath. Then after the old man dies, Teach will take a nice big bite of cherry pie as he lets out a hearty "ZEHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
I was thinking something similar except that Blackbeard was still key to WB downfall

For instance... Whitebeard manages to knock sengoku/aokiji/whome-ever down to the ground; he goes in for the final strike but then Blackbeard uses his darkness fruit to pull him back. The sudden jerk effectively stops Whitebeard's attack and leaves him wide open for his opponent to get in the final strike. And that's when you have Whitebeard look back on to Teach, acknowledging that HE was the one who dealt the true final blow, though others may not realize it

frankly i feel it fits BB's character... Too keep low key, too keep people guessing his true strength... He doesn't need the glory of killing WB, he just needs him out of the way
Old 2009-11-06, 22:02   Link #128
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
You know it would be interesting if that were to happen, also what if Teach decides to bring those convicts that has grudge against Whitebeard? Using my sick imagination imagine those convicts lead by Teach killing Whitebeard, all of them stabbing him and basically slaughtering him. Even when he is down those guys keep stabbing Whitebeard until his body is completely screwed up. Wouldn't that be a great way for Teach to show his fame around the world and maybe bring up his status more. And possibly change the view of the era as that would demoralize some pirates easily.
Not expecting that to happen as there are quite a bit flaw in that idea imo but it would be interesting
Quote:
frankly i feel it fits BB's character... Too keep low key, too keep people guessing his true strength... He doesn't need the glory of killing WB, he just needs him out of the way
I believe that aspect of Teach has changed, that was before he got the Yami Yami Fruit. After he obtained he is finally showing his true color and trying to gain some kind of higher status. Though I am still curious to know what is his method, it could still be trying to stay on the low key but being the Shichibukai means fame around the world so I incline to think other wise.
Old 2009-11-06, 22:39   Link #129
marvelB

Quote:
I was thinking something similar except that Blackbeard was still key to WB downfall

For instance... Whitebeard manages to knock sengoku/aokiji/whome-ever down to the ground; he goes in for the final strike but then Blackbeard uses his darkness fruit to pull him back. The sudden jerk effectively stops Whitebeard's attack and leaves him wide open for his opponent to get in the final strike. And that's when you have Whitebeard look back on to Teach, acknowledging that HE was the one who dealt the true final blow, though others may not realize it

While that's an interesting idea, I still think I prefer the idea of Blackbeard manipulating events from behind the scenes without the need to get his own hands dirty. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackbeard was the one to tell the marines about Squado..... after all, Teach was part of Whitebeard's crew for quite a long time, so he could have given the marines a LOT of inside info about the inner workings of Whitebeard's "family". In fact, the whole ordeal with Squado was probably what Blackbeard was referring to at Impel Down when he talked about a show that would "rock the world"......
Old 2009-11-07, 01:16   Link #130
Haxeye

I think the fact that BB mentioned shocking the world would imply that it isn't something subtle, so not only would the war be the most fitting place for it (since it's a huge event and he said in a few hours and it's been atleast an 1hr and 30 mins so it would fit the time frame that he hinted at) but killing WB would be the most fitting action to do just that. I wouldn't be surprised if BB brings cameras from ID in order to make sure his actions are seen.
Old 2009-11-07, 05:56   Link #131
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Just finished reading the chapter, Squado's betrayal and his reasons were actually very well thought out and believable. It was better than all the spy theories at least.

I think buggy's being frozen is a sign that the next few chapters will be alot more serious and not have the kind of focus on humor like the previous chapters have.

What more can be said about Whitebeard's speech? It was emotionally impactful, an expression of everything he has stood for and i cant wait when he tears the WG a new one next we- OH SNAP.
Old 2009-11-07, 08:23   Link #132
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
While that's an interesting idea, I still think I prefer the idea of Blackbeard manipulating events from behind the scenes without the need to get his own hands dirty. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackbeard was the one to tell the marines about Squado..... after all, Teach was part of Whitebeard's crew for quite a long time, so he could have given the marines a LOT of inside info about the inner workings of Whitebeard's "family". In fact, the whole ordeal with Squado was probably what Blackbeard was referring to at Impel Down when he talked about a show that would "rock the world"......
Although he could have given the marines some info on WB and his allies, I don't know if the marines would trust BB enough to inform him on the Squado plan and keep that information on a need to know basis. I'm more inclined to think that whatever BB was talking about, he and his crew will be involved in it personally since he did say "we'll be showing you the ultimate show". If it is a matter of rounding up a big number of powerful new crewmates, then he could make a big impact at Marineford. He'll still need a way to get past Magellan and open the gates of justice though, perhaps some lv6 prisoners can take care of that somehow.
Old 2009-11-07, 11:48   Link #133
andy

I am not even going try to figure out what BB up to. Last week they so many people were saying what was going to happen this chapter and all of them were wrong . What ever oda comes up with going to be awesome.
Old 2009-11-07, 13:04   Link #134
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Couldn't Blackbeard just walk onto the battlefield and start some black hole to suck away all of the pirates and marine forces?
This would certainly defeat most of the people who could become a danger for im in the future.
Yah, that's kinda of a problem i see with some of the stuff Oda comes up with... i mean he presents these awesome powers, but doesn't realize how game-breaking they are; the only reason they don't become game-breakers is for some reason the characters never choose to use them

Blackbeard would be one... what exactly IS stopping him from just sucking everyone up into a blackhole?

Kuma is definitely one such character now... He has been reduced to little more then a machine and thus can't really make decisions for himself; as such he is attacking with mercy or second thought... Now why doesn't he just start sending people flying like he did to the strawhats? One hit from him and even Whitebeard would be sent flying... and unlike sending the strawhats to islands, he could just land him in the middle of the ocean and let him drown... Before we could say Kuma was choosing not to use it, but now that he's been stripped of his free will, he has no reason NOT to use that power.

Boa is kinda of another, she says that no one can resist her and thus will be turned to stone, but then why isn't she doing just that? especially with the peons who would be even less resistant... t's not like she's holding back to avoid petrifying marines... i mean for stronger characters you could try to argue that they are resistant enough to her charms, but according to her Luffy was the first man she ever met that could do such a thing; as such she would still be TRYING to use it (before realizing that Luffy isn't the only one)

Seems like kind of a plothole to me...
Old 2009-11-07, 13:32   Link #135
marvelB

^My guess is that Oda (and in effect, the characters themselves) realize that with great power, comes great responsibility. They simply know better than to abuse the abilities they've acquired, that's all. For instance, it was already established that Whitebeard's DF power is destructive enough to destroy the world, right? But you don't exactly see him causing an earthquake with every step he walks. Besides, there would be little point in him being called the king of the sea if there were no living person on the planet to recognize him as such.......
Old 2009-11-07, 14:01   Link #136
james0246

^I'm sure Haki will be the answer somehow...:P.
Old 2009-11-07, 14:31   Link #137
SoulCorpse
WhO PuT BaKOn In My SoUP!

Nice little chapter. I'm sure white beard will kick major butt next chapter and in the end ace and white beard leave this battle alive. It's way to early to kill of either of them. Their's alot white beard can contribute to the progression of the story.

but i'm ready to see luffy's nakama. i really miss them and am wondering how their going to meet up again.

In the begining their was Cupcake, and Cupcake was with Gir, and Cupcake was Gir. With out Cupcake everything that is would not be.
Old 2009-11-07, 15:18   Link #138
Haxeye

Quote:
Yah, that's kinda of a problem i see with some of the stuff Oda comes up with... i mean he presents these awesome powers, but doesn't realize how game-breaking they are; the only reason they don't become game-breakers is for some reason the characters never choose to use them

Blackbeard would be one... what exactly IS stopping him from just sucking everyone up into a blackhole?

Kuma is definitely one such character now... He has been reduced to little more then a machine and thus can't really make decisions for himself; as such he is attacking with mercy or second thought... Now why doesn't he just start sending people flying like he did to the strawhats? One hit from him and even Whitebeard would be sent flying... and unlike sending the strawhats to islands, he could just land him in the middle of the ocean and let him drown... Before we could say Kuma was choosing not to use it, but now that he's been stripped of his free will, he has no reason NOT to use that power.

Boa is kinda of another, she says that no one can resist her and thus will be turned to stone, but then why isn't she doing just that? especially with the peons who would be even less resistant... t's not like she's holding back to avoid petrifying marines... i mean for stronger characters you could try to argue that they are resistant enough to her charms, but according to her Luffy was the first man she ever met that could do such a thing; as such she would still be TRYING to use it (before realizing that Luffy isn't the only one)

Seems like kind of a plothole to me...
Well BB's blackhole and darkness ability was shown rendering fodders' unconscious but as crazy strong as the stronger guys in the OP universe are and considering that BB is still likely mastering his own powers, it's hard to say how effective his gravitational powers would be on the stronger guys. And yeah for some characters with haki you can bet it plays a role in nerfing some of the more hax df powers. Kuma is mindless machine now so he should be ruthless but he would still need the speed to touch catch and touch his opponents (even though he is godly fast) we don't know how that speed compares to other strong characters, I also would wait for an explanation of his powers too before I make calls on whether or not he could just drop them into the sea, but from what we know now it would make sense.

As for Hancock, she is used to men immediately fawning over her and for guys like Smoker to not do so I think she realized the futility of trying the mero mero beam here, plus it would be boring if all she did was spam it.

Also I figured WB couldn't just spam quakes because Ace was cuffed with kairouseki and if he just quaked MHQ like mad he could accidentally kill the guy he came to save along with the marines.
Old 2009-11-07, 15:56   Link #139
PrototypeX2

Quote:
Well BB's blackhole and darkness ability was shown rendering fodders' unconscious but as crazy strong as the stronger guys in the OP universe are and considering that BB is still likely mastering his own powers, it's hard to say how effective his gravitational powers would be on the stronger guys.
If Whitebeard's earthquakes can destroy the world, Im sure Blackbeard may easily suck entire world into black holes.

And those fodder guys were probably already dead but just Oda's style that keeps them half alive.The same style also prevents Kizaru from beam kick killing everyone in world less than a second and Whitebeard from destroying the world.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:07   Link #140
Blackbeard D. Kuma

A lot of things are exaggerated in One Piece. Take Kuma's pressure cannon for instance. Kuma claims it uses air that travels at the speed of light. This is obviously not true though, since Zoro was able to dodge 100 pressure cannons (in a weakened state, mind you) and we know that Zoro is no where near as fast as the speed of light. If Kuma's claim was really true, Zoro should have died back at Thriller Bark.