AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-10-20, 18:29   Link #241
Shinku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
So there were an other Rozen Maiden Thread... 2 Threads, 300 pages both together.... best series ever ^^
i agree, out of all the anime series i watched, Rozen Maiden was one of the best! ^_^
Shinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 15:31   Link #242
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanimeghost View Post
no offence to all of you but rozen maiden is compleatley emo with how the story line goes.
to sya this i also have to point out why i mean the guy drops out of junior- high because no one under stands him finds a box and becomes a slave o goody what next you find out there is many parionied dolls in somethingcalled the alice game looking for a goth woman.
he doesn't drop out because no one understands him... And Shinku just says that because she's got the personality of a victorian aristocrat.

Spoiler for why he drops out:
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 16:43   Link #243
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
no offence to all of you but rozen maiden is compleatley emo with how the story line goes.
to sya this i also have to point out why i mean the guy drops out of junior- high because no one under stands him finds a box and becomes a slave o goody what next you find out there is many parionied dolls in somethingcalled the alice game looking for a goth woman.
Making posts without using basic capitalization and punctuation makes you emo.

+/-end grammar-Nazi mode

Truthfully, I can't understand your post enough to post a real response. "Emo" is supposed to be shorthand for "emotional," which Rozen Maiden is. In fact all media is made to invoke some kind of emotional response. I refuse to accept "emo" as a bad thing.

If you're referring to kids that wear tight black clothes, listen to music that isn't "mainstream," wear too much makeup and have odd hair styles... Grow up. If you think being ridiculed and generally destroying one's future prompting one to withdraw from society is strange, you're in the minority. Everyone wants to run away from hopeless situations. With the absence of Jun's parents as a higher guiding force, he runs away when he can. Besides, if you can find a better storypoint to keep him at home all the time and have a messed up personality, more power to you. Write a manga.
Old 2006-10-21, 16:48   Link #244
Kikaifan
Blazing General

'parionied?' WTF is 'parionied?'
Old 2006-10-22, 11:57   Link #245
Lost

Well, thats pretty belated bashing..
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 11:59   Link #246
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Errrrr I think its kinda wrong for a person with Strawberry Panic as their sig to call RM emo.... Unless of course you mean it in a good way (the no offence part kinda makes that not possible)

But lets look at your statement from a more serious POV. Is RM emo? Well if u mean emo as in whining about your life and wearing black clothes (the new goth?) and sprouting lots of poetry, then no it is not. If you mean emo as in an show that tugs on the viewers emotions on many levels then yes I would have to agree that it is emo...

As mentioned earlier RM deals with a really serious psychological problem which exists in Japan (probably elsewhere in the world just not reconised). The cause of it hinted heavily in S1 is a very nasty and real situation for many children no matter what country you look in.

I think RM deals with these subjects very well, althrough in a very fantasy way.

*Fanboysim on*

For me there is no part of RM (anime) I don't like. The music is great, the characters are all so memorable, and personally I have fallen in love with most of them, I find myself even wanting to know more about the ones I don't like (the bastard bunny for example). Personally I think that the story is so well told.

I don't think that you have followed the monster thread on ASF because the amount of indepth discussions we have had over 24 episodes is amazing. Just search for any of the posts by Alu about RM will give you a good example.

*Fanboyism off*
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 07:30   Link #247
QueenNori

A German Rozen Maiden Trailer from TOKYOPOP Germany XD
http://www.tokyopop.de/dvd/anime/roz...en/trailer.php
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 08:24   Link #248
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

The trailer sounds.....weird.

Hinaichigo sounds older than usual.

Maybe I'm not used to hearing Japanese names in other languages. I think it would be better if the dolls were referred to in their German names in the dub.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 08:26   Link #249
QueenNori

I think the trailer sounds "weird", too (the DVD doesn't sound "weird" btw).
Old 2006-10-24, 09:05   Link #250
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNori View Post
I think the trailer sounds "weird", too (the DVD doesn't sound "weird" btw).
OMG please someone stop my ears from bleeding! I don't understand a word of german so I shouldn't really comment, but Hina and Gin just sound so wrong!
Old 2006-10-24, 09:19   Link #251
Choki
I believe i can fly

I thought that Hina-Ichigo sounded alright....but not Gin-sama or Shinku or Jun
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 09:19   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
as always the original voices are always perfect

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 09:45   Link #253
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
OMG please someone stop my ears from bleeding! I don't understand a word of german so I shouldn't really comment, but Hina and Gin just sound so wrong!
Hehe... I guess dubbing isn't perfect in any language.
Old 2006-10-24, 12:33   Link #254
QueenNori

I actually like Shinku's German voice very much.

If you want to hear Suiseiseki and Souseiseki's voice.........XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhwfaX6J4ZM
Old 2006-10-24, 21:30   Link #255
ChibiAurora
The Chibi Phoenix

Quote:
I actually like Shinku's German voice very much.

If you want to hear Suiseiseki and Souseiseki's voice.........XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhwfaX6J4ZM
I think SouseiSeki's voice is the best from the clip. Shinku and Hina's voices lost their cuteness factors, and SuiseiSeki just doesn't sound like SuiseiSeki. I'm not crazy about Gin sama's voice, either......

I think the thing the thing that throws me off the most is the fact that I'm not used to hearing the German language spoken O.o to me, it almost sounds like they're speaking English backwards XD
ChibiAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 00:25   Link #256
QueenNori

It seems that some mistakes have been corrected for the DVD version. In the TV version of episode 11, there was a scene where Suigintou hat 6 fingers, on my German DVD, however, she now has 5 fingers.
Old 2006-10-26, 03:44   Link #257
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

I want to shoot the person who did Hina's voice. Hina is supposed to sound cute.
Anyways I prefer watching things in their original language. I tried watching a Roberto Benigni film dubbed in English, but I ended up tearing the hair off my head . The dubbed plainly sucked! Give me Roberto Benigni in italian or give me death!

Quote:
It seems that some mistakes have been corrected for the DVD version. In the TV version of episode 11, there was a scene where Suigintou hat 6 fingers, on my German DVD, however, she now has 5 fingers.
But wasn't the sixth finger used to take Shinku's virginity away? Or am I thinking about something else?
Suiseiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 12:14   Link #258
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki View Post
But wasn't the sixth finger used to take Shinku's virginity away? Or am I thinking about something else?
Now.. where did that doujin I had go..

Heh I'm suprised they picked up the sixth-finger mistake.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:40   Link #259
QueenNori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Heh I'm suprised they picked up the sixth-finger mistake.
Btw, are there some more mistakes in the TV version of Rozen Maiden? Maybe they have been corrected, too (as you may know, I only have the DVD^^).
Old 2006-10-27, 17:22   Link #260
StorminNorman

Wow... none of those voices sounded right to me at all, especially Hina's. Though that's at least in part due to the fact that she's speaking German. It's not a very cute sounding language, so it's hard to sound cute while speaking German. '>.>
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, supernatural