AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-29, 13:26   Link #121
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That makes it Ruti and Theodora fault then. Also we are talking about hero party. People capable taking on Demon generals and eventually king can be probably counted on finger of both hands and not all are available.

Gideon is genuinely most easy to replace, because his greatest merit is outside of battle and doesn't need to be contained in single person. Though Ares is too dumb to figure how to do even that.
To be precise, Ares actually just reaps what he sow. It's entirely his own fault that neither of the woman want to protect him by this point.

I also disagree, it's far easier to find a mage than someone truly good at logistics. This is especially true if you consider that you don't even need a particularly good mage when your melee is good enough.
Ruti also seems to have Paladin/Crusader skills, so Ares isn't really needed for support magic at all.
Which leaves attack magic, which pretty much any mage could do, if he got equipment as good as Ares, since the 4(5) Melee's in the party are actually strong enough.

Gideon on the other hand is not only hard to replace for his huge amount of skills, but also for his relationship to Ruti. In other words keeping her from going the wrong way is part of his guiding thing. And given how much of an emotionless logic-machine that blessing makes her, guidance is something she desperately needs.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 14:48   Link #122
Tenzen12

Yes, Ares reap what he sow. Noone argue about that, but they have demon lord to kill and ANYONE who lets personal feelings interfere with actual fighting is guilty. For what I care they could beat and torture Ares everyday as long as they have enough potions heal him before battle and then cover his ass enough to unleash mighty DPS on enemy.

If it was so easy find mage to beat demon lord, then you wouldn't need dedicated party for it's subjucation. In other hand if logistic officer were that rare to find no army would work EVER. Basically every single industry and organisation need logistic officer and every single sucessful one got at least one (you also don't need "truly good" one only one as good as Gideon).

Ruti is first and foremost meelee DPS, she may have support and magical skill. She's one person and her role is too important just to arbitrarily switch to other in middle of battle. And again while Gideon does have lot of skill, but they are mostly non-factor in battle. three or four people working as party backline would perform comparably. Also Ruti doesn't need external guidance. Gideon is important as moral support, sure but "thanks" to her blessing she's unalbe quit half way no matter how she feel inside anyway. Blessing doesn't care about your feelings. It even saved life of scumbag she hates with as much passion she can produce...
Old 2021-11-29, 18:16   Link #123
Rasty

Quote:
That makes it Ruti and Theodora fault then. Also we are talking about hero party. People capable taking on Demon generals and eventually king can be probably counted on finger of both hands and not all are available.

Gideon is genuinely most easy to replace, because his greatest merit is outside of battle and doesn't need to be contained in single person. Though Ares is too dumb to figure how to do even that.
It's complex. Having more people causes even more logistic problems so you want to keep the number to the minimum. He also might have been the weakest member of the party, but he still is one of the strongest humans. And if they hire multiple people to cover his skillset they will have to cover for all of them when fighting, which is gonna be a disaster.

It might be possible to find a better fighter but seems like impossible to find someone who is as good a fighter as he is AND can cover the logistics.

^ No matter the battle power, if your logistics suck you might not even get the chance to fight (dying from thirst/hunger, being late for the fight, getting lead around) or you will start the battles from an extremely disadvantageous position (getting surrounded and outnumbered, fighting in the worst possible terrain, equipment missing or breaking right when you most need it).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 03:50   Link #124
Tenzen12

They don't. As far as fighting ability goes he is already replaced. And while it's true more people means bigger challange logistically that's not something That would apply here. There is little to no difference between four and seven/eight people in that regard.
Old 2021-11-30, 10:54   Link #125
Frontier

I think the gist is whatever their combat effectiveness the party just isn't the same without Gideon there.
Old 2021-11-30, 14:24   Link #126
Rasty

Quote:
They don't. As far as fighting ability goes he is already replaced. And while it's true more people means bigger challange logistically that's not something That would apply here. There is little to no difference between four and seven/eight people in that regard.
That's missing the point, that's like saying your hockey team already replaced your past goalies' goal-scoring strength. The fighting ability is necessary for him to not get in their way too much. And if his helpfulness in fights was -5 because for being too weak and others having to keep him safe, adding 4 even weaker people (with helpfulness -10 each) to cover the logistics will have a nice bonus of -40 fighting power.

And there is a hell of a lot of difference between 4 and 8 people in logistics. You need to get double food, double water, double transport (all of that might be in short supply as they are going through hostile terrain), etc. You are slower to react to circumstances, easier to spot, and more prone to unexpected problems (illnesses). Just the point that half of the logistics teams work would be taking care of themselves (compared to 1/5th for 1 person) tells you how inefficient it would be.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 14:37   Link #127
Tenzen12

What kind of arbitrary math is that lol? Protecting ranged DPS is common sense. Saying that being unable protect themselves make them weak is same as saying tanks are unnecessary because they can't kill enemies. Don't forget Gideon himself needed protection in battle.

Anyway yes there is basically no difference between 4 or 8 it's JUST double amount of food, water transport etc. Real logistic starts when you have to procur supplies for army amounting thousands as they marching deep into enemy territory in middle of winter. Do you think Gideon would be able do that?

Most of problems you introduce wouldn't start until 15 people or more anyway. That's why military squads are between 4 and 10.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-11-30 at 14:57.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 06:08   Link #128
EroKing
Version Zero

Old 2021-12-01, 09:59   Link #129
Frontier

Wow, Ruti straight up stole the airship and left Ares and the Paladin girl alone in the middle of nowhere with a dead demon. I mean, Ares had it coming, but Ruti basically bailed on them and dropped her Hero Badge, indicating she's intending to give up on her Hero life .

So Tisse is normally this stoic and efficient assassin, and has the perfect poker face, which is good to have when you're dealing with an absurd and overpowered Hero who constantly freaks you out. She even admits she has to wash herself off constantly because Ruti keeps her sweating .

What happened to Albert? Did Belial kill him too like he did Bighawk? And he made his pitch to Ruti about a drug that could possibly negate or lessen her Hero's Blessing and that he was on her side against the Demon Lord...but that apparently didn't save Ruti from killing him once she had gotten what she wanted .

Rit coming up with the perfect winter product for the apothecary! Hand warmers from her own kingdom! Of course, the real heartwaming treat is a winter stroll for Rit and Red and kissing each other in the snow .

Even if Ruti's finally defying the Hero Badge, she still acts like the hero with her absurd strength, healing, and ability to get done what she needs to get done .

Gotta admire that guard who still kept up his brave face even after Ruti knocked him away and he was left down to his underwear...but like sister like brother as Red sends him packing and laves him without even that .

Tisse's a little too flat and short to pull off being called "Tifa" .

Red and Tisse sizing each other up not knowing that in the long run each other was who they were really looking for the whole time .

I really thought Ruti already knew Red was there and that was why she headed to Zoltan, but instead it turns out she's just there to break the alchemist who can help make the drug out of prison so she can have more of it. I don't see that ending well .

Nothing quite like making a house call to a naked sexy Undine with your wife, who also promptly makes sure you keep it clean by covering your eyes and pressing her boobs against your back. Red you lucky dog .

They couldn't delay it any longer as Ruti finally stumbles onto Red and has the first big smile and genuine happiness we've really seen from her all series as she rushes to embrace her brother again. I'm happy for them, but I think this reunion is going to come with its own complications .
Old 2021-12-01, 10:28   Link #130
AP24

Ep 9 covers the last bits of Vol 2 and almost half of Vol 3. Looks like it will end at Vol 4 which is not surprising since the Hero Ruti arc ends there. Iím sure some are looking forward to see the final episode.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 10:51   Link #131
Random14

They're sure moving fast with this adaptation, but that's probably a good thing, now that the set-up is done (introducing a drug that alters blessings). Trying a coup in Zoltan is nothing compared to giving the Hero something like that, even the demon has no idea what he's done. A bit weird seeing such a cutesy explanation for the drug. Lucky for Ares that Ruti isn't interested in killing him (or rather, finishing him off now that she's not held back by her blessing). Funny seeing Tisse try to keep a low-profile with Ruti still overpowered as ever.

At least the siblings have finally met up, I don't like it when stories drag out almost meetings for too long. Not that the series has much time to waste anyway. After how emotionless she's been her entire life, its sure a big impact seeing Ruti so honestly overjoyed to find her brother again.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 13:28   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is it just me or this episode is mostly a gag? Like, there is a steady stream of humor throughout the episode from Tisse's panicked inner monologue to Ruti's antics to Red's convo with the guard .

And speaking of gag episode, remember when I said the doctor's modern attire took me out of the story? Well apparently this episode doesn't care about immersion at all when it slaps me across the face by presenting an elf who is selling Oden in a very Japanese cart & manner. I mean, public hot bath can still be excused as part of the fantasy setting but an obvious Oden seller is proof that they straight up don't care anymore . World-building goes straight outta the window

All that said, it's about time Ruti met Gideon so that they can get things straight.
Old 2021-12-01, 13:41   Link #133
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is it just me or this episode is mostly a gag? Like, there is a steady stream of humor throughout the episode from Tisse's panicked inner monologue to Ruti's antics to Red's convo with the guard .

And speaking of gag episode, remember when I said the doctor's modern attire took me out of the story? Well apparently this episode doesn't care about immersion at all when it slaps me across the face by presenting an elf who is selling Oden in a very Japanese cart & manner. I mean, public hot bath can still be excused as part of the fantasy setting but an obvious Oden seller is proof that they straight up don't care anymore . World-building goes straight outta the window

All that said, it's about time Ruti met Gideon so that they can get things straight.
I don't know if I'd call it a gag episode, but I guess maybe this was a "breather" episode after the climax of the drug plotline last episode.
Old 2021-12-02, 00:12   Link #134
Strahan

You'd think, northern blood or not, when it's a snowy winter Rit would start wearing clothes other than short skirts and tops with huge cleavage windows and such lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 00:22   Link #135
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
You'd think, northern blood or not, when it's a snowy winter Rit would start wearing clothes other than short skirts and tops with huge cleavage windows and such lol
Maybe it's her Blessing? Her love for Red keeps her naturally warm? She knows she's in an anime where girls routinely dress light despite the weather ?
Old 2021-12-02, 02:57   Link #136
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't know if I'd call it a gag episode, but I guess maybe this was a "breather" episode after the climax of the drug plotline last episode.
I mean, um, the Hero, who can (and will) punch a hole into a man, just got hooked on hard drugs so hard that she's willing to break a murderous drug pusher out of prison, which will very probably result in a pretty messy situation for everyone. Not that much of a breather, to be honest.
Old 2021-12-02, 12:34   Link #137
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Maybe it's her Blessing? Her love for Red keeps her naturally warm? She knows she's in an anime where girls routinely dress light despite the weather ?
Her armor is more like " How are her limbs still attached to her body?".

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 14:01   Link #138
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So if I understood correctly(again I misconstrue such details all the time =0v), since the drug relies on a curse to fully activate, and Ruti's blessing prevents all such status afflictions, this will have an impact on her ability to regain her transferred power once the blessing ends. Ruti seems just as strong as usual, but Belial made it seem like there would be consequences to this, even if he wasn't sure of what they'd be himself.

Anywho, even though it predictably took the whole ep, I'm glad Ruti finally got to see Gideon. Something about seeing her happy makes me feel good. I do wonder how Rit and Gideon's relationship will be affected. I rather enjoyed seeing their gradual intimacy so far, and don't want a "harem-like" obstacle to get in their way(even though the love he has for Ruti is obvs different from Rit, its still an obstacle if Ruti sticks around, esp since there is no confirmation they are related by blood).

Last edited by frubam; 2021-12-02 at 14:11.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 14:25   Link #139
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I mean, um, the Hero, who can (and will) punch a hole into a man, just got hooked on hard drugs so hard that she's willing to break a murderous drug pusher out of prison, which will very probably result in a pretty messy situation for everyone. Not that much of a breather, to be honest.
I was thinking to myself after the high of Ruti reuniting with her brother that there was a lot of seedy stuff going on in the background that might blow up...like, even if it works for her because of her Blessing and abilities, I don't know if it's healthy for Ruti to be hooked on drugs just to make her feel something especially after all the work Red did to drive it out.

Not to mention she basically committed a crime just to get more of the stuff, and Red and Rit are potentially harboring a fugitive (although they don't know that yet). I don't know if even Red's position in the town could get them to overlook that.

And, of course, while I know Ruti doesn't want to be the Hero, real world circumstances might have other ideas when she basically abandons the duty of fighting the Demon Lord terrorizing the world. I feel like there's only so much the show can justify the cast being selfish in regards to doing what they want rather than what's best for the world, even if we enjoy seeing them happy. Maybe there's a balance that needs to be struck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Anywho, even though it predictably took the whole ep, I'm glad Ruti finally got to see Gideon. Something about seeing her happy makes me feel good. I do wonder how Rit and Gideon's relationship will be affected. I rather enjoyed seeing their gradual intimacy so far, and don't want a "harem-like" obstacle to get in their way(even though the love he has for Ruti is obvs different from Rit, its still an obstacle if Ruti sticks around, esp since there is no confirmation they are related by blood).
I think it will be interesting to see how Ruti takes learning about Rit and Red. She didn't seem a big fan of Rit before and the whole reason Rit didn't go with Gideon was because she didn't want to get in the way of Red and Ruti's relationship.
Old 2021-12-02, 14:35   Link #140
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't know if I'd call it a gag episode....
Even the explanation for the super-duper-ultra dangerous drugs is presented in such cutesy way .