AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-29, 07:44   Link #41
Random14

I know this series is called quiet life, but this might have been a bit too quiet. Or rather, for a short series with limited time this was too quiet. Red and Rit are cute together, just wish they had skipped the sauna subplot, especially with how the Hero party scene was just recap again.

Red's happy to be with Rit (and its becoming more and more official) but yeah, hard for someone like her (even without her princess title) to retire without attracting a lot of attention. Its her choice (as noted Adventurers are basically independent agents), though I worry for the region when the next strongest adventurer is someone like Albert. He's not utterly incompetent, just not sure if its more luck or some skill that's kept him alive so far (after that mountain fire and then nearly getting killed here).

Oh well, at least not like he's a threat (Red can probably handle him and woe be to him if Rit sees him again), and newlywed life is much more important anyway.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-29, 09:52   Link #42
EroKing
Version Zero

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-10-29, 10:50   Link #43
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Buck-naked and stretching Rit .
Old 2021-11-03, 09:58   Link #44
Frontier

The Adventurer's Guild shows up at Red and Rit's doorstep because they want to know why Rit retired and if they can bring her back...but she's too happy with Red and doesn't care. She even sticks her tongue out at them .

I thought Red was about to put a ring on it, but it's really a cute bracelet! The sentiment is appreciated, though, but then Red asks about Rit's favorite gemstone so maybe there is a ring coming in the near future ?

Rit flashes back to when she was still working with Gideon and Ruti's party and her encounter with Yarandala, who was a very beautiful elf girl voiced by Sora Amamiya with the ability to speak to the forest who had her hands all over Gideon in front of her. I'm not surprised Rit felt a little self-conscious around her .

But we get some bathing bonding between the two girls, with them both absolutely naked and swimming around (thank you show), where Yarandala firmly tells Rit that she's not in love with Gideon because she knows elves will outlive humans so it's pointless to fall in love with them. It seems like she's speaking from personal experience. But she cares about Gideon, and wants him to be happy, and she sees in Rit someone who genuinely loves Gideon and can support him .

So Ares has been screwing things up for the party even back then, huh? The mercenaries he hired ended up helping the Demon Lord ambush them. Great job .

Ruti is pretty OP, and she doesn't seem to like Rit that much, but she's also super-overpowered on the hero and cares a lot about her brother. Rit cared about taking care of her kingdom, but on some level she just felt like she couldn't join the party and be in-between Gideon and Ruti .

Now Rit doesn't care about her status as a princess or about anything else, she just wants to live with Red and be happy and hear "welcome home" from him .

We see how Ruti took Ares telling her what happened to Gideon...and she realizes he was lying to her and basically near kills him in rage until she realizes she needs him and heals him agian. Jeez, that's pretty messed up .
Old 2021-11-03, 11:02   Link #45
Tenzen12

Feels like Ruty and Rit are intentionally set to contrast each other. One that bassically doesn't give a damn about her blessing, while other seem to be almost (or maybe not just almost) slave to it.
Old 2021-11-03, 11:55   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Holy smokes . Ruti absolutely wrecked Ares there. And that was eventually followed by Yarandala beating him up. Of course the scumbag absolutely deserved it. I don't know if he just wanted power to control someone was OP as Ruti or if he was just creeping on her. Wanting the brother gone so he could hit on her. But regardless his efforts just absolutely blew up in his face and have continued to do so every step of the way. No shock though. Ruti isn't a moron. Her brother confided in a guy that clearly didn't get along with him before leaving?

Of course it's still partly on Red for bailing without a word to his sister. He bought Ares' logic without question and didn't trust anyone else enough to talk with them before going. Too much was asked of him and he took on a great deal of responsibility. But after taking it on he should have either continued doing his part or found a better way to discharge himself of them than...just disappearing. His lack of self-awareness of his own value has been devastating in ways.

I'm expecting more pressure on Red and Rit. Rit doesn't care if her identity is exposed or if she loses her position at home. But...Red is different. He's actively hiding his ability, his identity, and doesn't want that exposed. Blackmailing Rit for her own secrets won't work. But if that guy or anyone else figures out who Red is...they can absolutely blackmail either of them over it. Because he does have something to lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Feels like Ruty and Rit are intentionally set to contrast each other. One that bassically doesn't give a damn about her blessing, while other seem to be almost (or maybe not just almost) slave to it.
I'm not sure. Red made a fair point that much of Rit's life she may have been strung along by her blessing. She isn't consciously a slave to it. But much of her life you can argue she has been subconsciously a slave to it. Regardless there's no question that Ruti is weighed down by it. Of course she can't just walk away from it either. Not with the amount of people that would die if she did.
Old 2021-11-03, 13:33   Link #47
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Love this episode. Ruti is the only imouto this season isn't she?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 13:41   Link #48
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

The characters in this series are surprisingly adequate. Quite a rare thing.

If only Rit and Red won't behave like teenagers when it comes to romance...
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 14:30   Link #49
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
We finally get to see how Ruti views her brother. I think it was a great idea for her feelings to be vague up til now; it really made the Gideon-leaving reveal to Ruti all that much more impactful. Clearly loves her brother very much, more than anything, but is probably shackled by her Hero Blessing.

Also very impressed seeing Gideon at work again. Man was truly the core of that party, and we can really see that in this episode's flashback. If there were no names mentioned, I'd think he was the hero .

Yarandrala is just super-fine =03. The way those ears look is just amazing! They are drawn so perfect! No I don't have an elf ear fetish, I just recognize perfection when I see it ( >.>)..... But I'm glad there's no rival between her and Rit. Nice that they got that squared away on her(actual) introduction episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Ares has been screwing things up for the party even back then, huh? The mercenaries he hired ended up helping the Demon Lord ambush them. Great job .

We see how Ruti took Ares telling her what happened to Gideon...and she realizes he was lying to her and basically near kills him in rage until she realizes she needs him and heals him agian. Jeez, that's pretty messed up .
Yeah, I didn't think Ares was THIS incompetent; guy was f'king up even when Gideon was part of the party. I can't even fathom why he thought he could take up Gideon's slack when he was screwing up all over the place.

Also, getting killed in a fit of emotionless rage is definitely something else. It explains why Duran(martial artist guy) was so scared when Ruti stood before him, even though he was(I assume) really strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Of course it's still partly on Red for bailing without a word to his sister. He bought Ares' logic without question and didn't trust anyone else enough to talk with them before going. Too much was asked of him and he took on a great deal of responsibility. But after taking it on he should have either continued doing his part or found a better way to discharge himself of them than...just disappearing. His lack of self-awareness of his own value has been devastating in ways.

I'm expecting more pressure on Red and Rit. Rit doesn't care if her identity is exposed or if she loses her position at home. But...Red is different. He's actively hiding his ability, his identity, and doesn't want that exposed. Blackmailing Rit for her own secrets won't work. But if that guy or anyone else figures out who Red is...they can absolutely blackmail either of them over it. Because he does have something to lose.
Why he doesn't value himself is something that doesn't quite make sense. I didn't think about it before, and was too focused on my Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi comparison(MC there had 0 fighting capabilities while in the "Gideon" role) but he is at least A-rank in terms of ability, as he was able to defeat the eggbear(ep1) with a bronze dull sword vs the B-rank guy with a sharp one. I'm not sure who he's comparing his skills to. Rit is an A-rank too, and she's about on the same level as him; same as Yarandrala. Is he comparing himself to Ruti or something? The man is stronger than the average fighter, and I can only believe his self-doubt is that strong for the sake of the plot. I hope I can be proven wrong on this, as it'd be pretty great for there to be a defined reason(like Blessing) why he's like this.

I'm not sure what he has to lose. He left everything behind, officially withdrew from the army and the Hero's party. He is hiding who he is, but I thought that was only so people wouldn't make a fuss about him when he first settled in the village. I'm not sure what kind of impact revealing who he is would make, now that he's an established member of the village.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 16:57   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly Iím starting to wonder if the next person to leave the heroís partyÖisnít going to be the hero. This girl has sacrificed so much for a duty that was imposed on her. All she wanted to do was spend time with her brother. But instead sheís had to put him in harmís way or accept him being gone because the mission takes precedence. Her momentarily killing Ares shows how shaky her control really is. All this power but no time to mature. The weight of the world on her shoulders and she doesnít feel comfortable confiding in anyone.

The only thing is whether the world can survive without her. Even temporarily stepping away from this war could do her a world of good. And there is a convenient place for her to live quietly for a timeÖI canít see Red and Rit leaving their lives of peace to return to war. But maybe Ruti could leave the war for a bit and not feel so shackled to her blessing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
We finally get to see how Ruti views her brother. I think it was a great idea for her feelings to be vague up til now; it really made the Gideon-leaving reveal to Ruti all that much more impactful. Clearly loves her brother very much, more than anything, but is probably shackled by her Hero Blessing.

Also very impressed seeing Gideon at work again. Man was truly the core of that party, and we can really see that in this episode's flashback. If there were no names mentioned, I'd think he was the hero .

Yarandrala is just super-fine =03. The way those ears look is just amazing! They are drawn so perfect! No I don't have an elf ear fetish, I just recognize perfection when I see it ( >.>)..... But I'm glad there's no rival between her and Rit. Nice that they got that squared away on her(actual) introduction episode.

Yeah, I didn't think Ares was THIS incompetent; guy was f'king up even when Gideon was part of the party. I can't even fathom why he thought he could take up Gideon's slack when he was screwing up all over the place.

Also, getting killed in a fit of emotionless rage is definitely something else. It explains why Duran(martial artist guy) was so scared when Ruti stood before him, even though he was(I assume) really strong.

Why he doesn't value himself is something that doesn't quite make sense. I didn't think about it before, and was too focused on my Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi comparison(MC there had 0 fighting capabilities while in the "Gideon" role) but he is at least A-rank in terms of ability, as he was able to defeat the eggbear(ep1) with a bronze dull sword vs the B-rank guy with a sharp one. I'm not sure who he's comparing his skills to. Rit is an A-rank too, and she's about on the same level as him; same as Yarandrala. Is he comparing himself to Ruti or something? The man is stronger than the average fighter, and I can only believe his self-doubt is that strong for the sake of the plot. I hope I can be proven wrong on this, as it'd be pretty great for there to be a defined reason(like Blessing) why he's like this.

I'm not sure what he has to lose. He left everything behind, officially withdrew from the army and the Hero's party. He is hiding who he is, but I thought that was only so people wouldn't make a fuss about him when he first settled in the village. I'm not sure what kind of impact revealing who he is would make, now that he's an established member of the village.
I thought the issue for Red was that he didnít officially do any of those things. That he couldnít because it would shame his knight order to leave the heroís party. Thatís why he moved into the middle of nowhere instead of just going home. That officially heís still in the party just scouting on his own. Which is why I thought it would be far more effective to go after him rather than Rit who isnít even living under a fake name.
Old 2021-11-03, 22:04   Link #51
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

I think the thing with Gideon is that he is basically Captain America(the comic book version). So his stats and skills are as good as it is humanly possible to be. Which is amazing. However the problem is Blessings, they let people be super-humanly good at things. So he always compares himself to the people with superpowers around him and feels inadequate.

What he seems to have missed is that Blessings are very focused and from what we have seen so far look to take over peoples lives. So when he responds to Rit's praise of his cooking by saying that it did not compare to that of a Chef he was speaking the truth. But what he left out and does not seem to understand is that he would absolutely overwhelm the Chef in everything else. Really if he was motivated he would be one of the most powerful people in the world.

Actually that is my main problem with the show. Him and Rit are both powerful and important people who are playing house while the world burns. I think the show would be better if the whole Demon Lord/Hero thing was left out entirely.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 22:15   Link #52
Random14

Yeah, one of the bigger problems of the setup is why Gideon would ever listen to a moron like Ares. If Ares actually was a spy/traitor, he would probably be a more reliable party member rather than what he is now.

Ruti sure can be scary, with her strength and her seeming lack of emotions (most of the time). And she can't even sleep which probably isn't helping with her mental health either, especially with Gideon gone now.

It was funny seeing the local bigwigs trying to bargain with Rit, particularly when someone tried to offer their son for marriage (even everyone else can tell what a horrible idea that is). Of course both Rit and Red have already had bigger titles than they can offer and aren't interested. And with what's basically a newlywed life already, not much else compares. I'm not that interested in flashbacks but it does help flesh out the progress of their relationship too. At least Yarandrala understood Gideon's situation but too bad she couldn't get anyone else to believe in him (including Gideon himself) until it was too late.

Even without her princess title involved, Rit sure has a lot of local influence. Well, she was strong enough to join the Hero's party, so no one wants to lose her power (or in the thieves' case, have her moving around on her own whim). I've been reading the novel, so there it was mentioned that the other guy, Albert, he isn't really B-rank quality, but they bent the rules as they needed someone high-ranking (and more fully invested in the Adventurer job than Rit).

By comparison, Red has kept a very low profile, which is probably why no one has paid him any attention (aside from that bribe, and Gideon's already seen plenty of those coins while traveling with Ruti), or even thought there might be more to him (aside from Albert, and he doesn't get it either). I don't think the anime has mentioned this, but in the novel its common knowledge that you need skills to really be strong, and the Guide blessing has no class skills. Gideon got by on common skills but we've seen how most people (including himself) regarded his strength.

Not that all blessings look so great, even the powerful ones (for instance Ruti's life). Even that creep Dir asks how Rit can live such a peaceful life with her powerful blessing. Rit ignoring him was great, though she doesn't know everything he's been up to (from trying to hit on her in that bar years ago, and pretty obvious who leaked Ares' plans). Well, Red and Rit's peaceful life goes on but the attention won't go away that easily.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-04, 08:17   Link #53
Twi

Didn't Red fake his death by having it stated he went off to scout Demon territory and never came back since going back to the Knights after being dismissed from the Hero's Party would have been seen as dishonorable?
Old 2021-11-04, 09:54   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Didn't Red fake his death by having it stated he went off to scout Demon territory and never came back since going back to the Knights after being dismissed from the Hero's Party would have been seen as dishonorable?
I don't know if it was deliberately meant to make them think he was dead but to explain why he was gone.
Old 2021-11-04, 11:40   Link #55
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
The characters in this series are surprisingly adequate. Quite a rare thing.

If only Rit and Red won't behave like anime teenagers when it comes to romance...
Fixed it.

But yeah, the excessive blushing is starting to get annoying and I can't help but roll my eyes at it. We get it, they like each other, no need to shove it down our throats.
Old 2021-11-04, 12:23   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Holy shit, Ares' incompetence keep growing by the episode (both in real time & flashbacks). And that was such a cathartic punch he got from Ruti.

But the animation took a hit this episode. Plenty of derpy faces & clunky movements galore.

But wait, if Ares was such a known incompetent member and Gideon was the smart strategist, why would Gideon believed anything that Ares said and just did what Ares wanted? Gideon, of all people, should know better. He should know that the logistics of the party & his sisters' state of mind will crumble without him. Was Gideon already feeling so inferior to other members and can no longer keep up at the time? Need more flashback on that.
Old 2021-11-04, 13:00   Link #57
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Fixed it.

But yeah, the excessive blushing is starting to get annoying and I can't help but roll my eyes at it. We get it, they like each other, no need to shove it down our throats.
I though, it will be to much to say it this way
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-04, 13:10   Link #58
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The cute blushing is exactly what the viewers want to see and makes them such an adorable couple.
Old 2021-11-04, 15:34   Link #59
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
What he seems to have missed is that Blessings are very focused and from what we have seen so far look to take over peoples lives. So when he responds to Rit's praise of his cooking by saying that it did not compare to that of a Chef he was speaking the truth. But what he left out and does not seem to understand is that he would absolutely overwhelm the Chef in everything else. Really if he was motivated he would be one of the most powerful people in the world.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But wait, if Ares was such a known incompetent member and Gideon was the smart strategist, why would Gideon believed anything that Ares said and just did what Ares wanted? Gideon, of all people, should know better. He should know that the logistics of the party & his sisters' state of mind will crumble without him. Was Gideon already feeling so inferior to other members and can no longer keep up at the time? Need more flashback on that.
Honestly, I'm worried how they are gonna set this up =0v. The general logical explanation for me at the moment would be that, in the battle Ares spoke of when convincing Gideon to leave the party, Gideon would have to of been so completely useless and a total liability for Ares' words to have enough weight to drive him out. And based on what we've seen of him(Gideon) so far, I don't think the story will be able to conjure up a convincing argument. But I hope I'm proven wrong on this.

Last edited by frubam; 2021-11-04 at 23:33.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-04, 19:05   Link #60
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The cute blushing is exactly what the viewers want to see and makes them such an adorable couple.
It's exactly what *some* viewers want, because I don't. I don't find it cute at all. It's insipid and pathetic. Yes, kids can be like that -- adults should not be. As stated earlier, they're acting like *anime* teenagers, only they're not teenagers.

If you like that sort of thing in your adult romances, you certainly have every right to do so, but please don't go trying to paint all viewers with the same brush.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote