AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-11-29, 19:31   Link #261
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We still don't know what happened to Arthur, it's too soon to condemn him. Merlin, on the hand, is unforgivable for still supporting someone who has clearly gone off the rails and for turning on her former comrades. Unless she's acting as a double agent, buying her friends time until the Knights of the Apocalypse are ready to take on Arthur.
Old 2021-11-30, 16:25   Link #262
marvelB

Okay, the next translated chapter is out! So, the group of enemy knights are known as the "Dark Talismans"... interesting. And Sin teases us with his identity once again by revealing he learned a spell from the King of Fairies.... oh, you rascal! Anyways, hopefully this Elgin dude won't be too tough to take down, at least before his other teammates come to back him up. I am a bit worried about that "Carrion Eater" epithet of his, though.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 10:58   Link #263
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We still don't know what happened to Arthur, it's too soon to condemn him. Merlin, on the hand, is unforgivable for still supporting someone who has clearly gone off the rails and for turning on her former comrades. Unless she's acting as a double agent, buying her friends time until the Knights of the Apocalypse are ready to take on Arthur.
I agree with you about Arthur. But I think we should wait and see in Merlin's case, since she actually could be acting as a double agent like you said she could be.

@Marvel: Yeah, I agree completely.

Donny's levitation here was nice.
Old 2021-12-07, 12:58   Link #264
marvelB

New chapter's here! Elgin was a bit of a tricky opponent, but it was nothing a little teamwork couldn't handle! Plus, Nasciens proved himself to be the true MVP this battle, thanks to his Cernunnos horn concoction! So that's one down, three to go....

Also, the series is technically on holiday break next week (and the week after that). However, holiday issues have a tendency to leak early, so there's still a chance we may get a chapter next week, after all! Just gotta keep our eyes peeled....
Old 2021-12-07, 19:01   Link #265
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess Percival and friends need the experience, but it wouldn't have taken 5 seconds for Gowther to get rid of scrubs like these. That guy's magic was the heavily discounted version of Hendrickson's Acid.
Old 2021-12-22, 10:47   Link #266
marvelB

Didn't catch it straight away, but the next chapter's out! So, after showing some compassion to the enemy, Percy tries to fly the party out of the forest! Unfortunately, they get caught by two enemy knights, the woman, and the big dude with the horse! Speaking of, the horse, named Sleipnir, is another Purgatory creature, which was granted to the knight by Arthur! Soon, Percy gets exhausted from the chase, and is forced to make a crash landing. Now, the party must face against the Chaos knight duo....!!!!

Oh, and the magazine's going on another holiday break next week, so yep, that means another couple of weeks before the story resumes....
Old 2021-12-22, 19:45   Link #267
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Percival is Death, right? And he doesn't kill his enemies. Sin said the enemy isn't going to get a change of heart just because he healed him but that's probably exactly what's going to happen, since they stand no chance against those two.
Old 2021-12-23, 13:02   Link #268
WingedAccelerator

Donny and Anne should shine and take them on. That way Fiddich will be the one to take on Percival and/or Sin's true form. I think Elgin won't have a change of heart for a long time, not that it's granted he even will or anything. He will be killed just like Tamdhu by Fiddich. Either because he failed or because he will start babbling about sparing the kids.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-23, 19:11   Link #269
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Donny and Anne should shine and take them on. That way Fiddich will be the one to take on Percival and/or Sin's true form. I think Elgin won't have a change of heart for a long time, not that it's granted he even will or anything. He will be killed just like Tamdhu by Fiddich. Either because he failed or because he will start babbling about sparing the kids.
Donny and Anne are complete fodder. I can think of plenty of ways Donny's magic can be useful (especially if it turns out to be gravity magic rather than just making things float) but Anne's is useless. She has decent fencing skills and that's it.

It took a surprise attack, a group effort, and Nasiens doping himself just to take down Eldin. I can't imagine them standing a chance.
Old 2021-12-24, 03:29   Link #270
WingedAccelerator

"Fodders" improve through deathly situations. I wouldn't just write them off like that. Anne constantly gets praise for her fencing even from high-skilled opponents like Ironside. She just needs a breakout moment. Avenging Ardd's death is also a good enough fuel.

Gravity for Donny would be nasty. I always though he might have the same magic as Howzer, but suppressed. Jericho also had the same magic as Gustaf, but needed a traumatic moment to unlock it.
Old 2021-12-25, 11:59   Link #271
marvelB

Yeah, I wouldn't look down on Anne and Donnie, either. They both clearly have the potential to become great holy knights in the future, so why not give them a chance to prove themselves here and now? And if all else fails, I'm sure Sin will back them up (though I'd personally rather it not come to that). Gotta give the chicks a chance to finally stretch their wings, y'know?
Old 2021-12-28, 10:42   Link #272
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I also don't think we should completely write off Donnie and Anne just yet. They can still get stronger, and as WingedAccelerator said, "fodder" can improve in deathly situations like this one.

It's ironic how the Apocalypse Knight that represents Death won't actually kill. Maybe he'll go through an experience in the future that changes that? I think he needs such an experience.
Old 2022-01-04, 13:25   Link #273
marvelB

First new chapter of the year is out! As expected, it's Anne and Donnie who step up to take on the enemies, while Sin provides them with advice (well, at least he's not directly taking part in the battle, which was what I was worried about). Anyway, Donnie has a bit of trouble against Doronach (the big Escanor wannabe), but Anne fares much better against Burgie (the woman) after disarming her of that Chaos staff. However, I can't help but wonder if Burgie is hiding any more surprises, since she apparently survived a spear thrust through her guts a few chapters back...?
Old 2022-01-04, 19:01   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
First new chapter of the year is out! As expected, it's Anne and Donnie who step up to take on the enemies, while Sin provides them with advice (well, at least he's not directly taking part in the battle, which was what I was worried about). Anyway, Donnie has a bit of trouble against Doronach (the big Escanor wannabe), but Anne fares much better against Burgie (the woman) after disarming her of that Chaos staff. However, I can't help but wonder if Burgie is hiding any more surprises, since she apparently survived a spear thrust through her guts a few chapters back...?
Her surviving the spear was her illusion magic at work.

These guys are apparently even weaker than I thought they were, which makes me question why they of all people were sent to kill one of the Four Knights of the Apocalypse. I mean, seriously, I'm supposed to be impressed the big guy made a tiny hole on the ground? Meliodas with a power level of 4000 could raze a forest with just a swing of a dull sword.

And the woman was worthless, entirely relying on a tool (the magic it produced was far from impressive too, Vivian could do better).
Old 2022-01-05, 07:43   Link #275
WingedAccelerator

Turns out the real "fodder" were Burgie and Doronach.

Sin knowing so much really start to annoy me when he is a useful guide during a supposedly dangerous battle. It kills all the stakes.
Old 2022-01-05, 08:16   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Sin knowing so much really start to annoy me when he is a useful guide during a supposedly dangerous battle. It kills all the stakes.
To be fair, it was highlighted that he really should have no way of knowing so much, so that actually makes for an intriguing plot point. But yeah, I wish the young ones would figure things out on their own.
Old 2022-01-06, 12:01   Link #277
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it does make for an intriguing plot point, doesn't it? Teases further about his true identity, too.

I liked how Anne took out the woman and also the part with using Donnie's magic to help her out. But yeah, I would like it more if they could figure stuff out on their own, too. Maybe they'll get the chance to grow enough to do that later.
Old 2022-01-06, 19:08   Link #278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, it does make for an intriguing plot point, doesn't it? Teases further about his true identity, too.
I kinda think the answer will be the obvious one: Merlin leaked detailed information about Arthur's army.

I re-read chapter 1 of Nanatsu no Taizai because I wasn't sure of one thing, and I was indeed wrong: it wasn't Meliodas who razed the forest, but an apprentice Holy Knight who was immediately fodderized. He also swung his sword down at some point and made a way bigger hole into the Earth than the Big Guy did. So those guys are weaker than Liones apprentices, and yet seem to hold a high standing in Arthur's army. It makes no sense.

Is Nakaba trying to reset the power scaling?
Old 2022-01-11, 12:12   Link #279
marvelB

New chapter time! The battle between Donnie and Kirkland brand Escanor Doronach continues! And surprisingly, Donnie puts up quite an impressive fight against the giant. And if that weren't enough, he learns from Sin that his magic isn't to merely make things float, but..... TELEKINESIS!!! However, just as it appears the heroes have the enemy knights beat, Fiddich (the Dark Talisman leader) suddenly appears, and swipes Percy's dragon sword....!!!!

Well, I think this chapter more or less reinforces my earlier point about Anne and Donnie's hidden potential (but especially Donnie, even if it took Sin pointing it out for him to realize it). I imagine that Donnie's newfound use of his magic abilities will factor in taking down Fiddich....?
Old 2022-01-11, 12:48   Link #280
WingedAccelerator

Telekinesis is a fine magic for Donny. Too bad the "fodders" are alive and kicking, while Fiddich goes for maximum despair moment. Pellegarde is also supposedly go there to check in on Percival's growth. Things are not looking great for the heroes, so time for Sin to reveal himself.

If Sin is really Lancelot, which I'm against of, then he is also working with Merlin for sure. That could also explain why he is so reluctant to show himself. Because he is already one of Arthur's knights. Although while writing this, I'm not sure how can he get a pass from not showing up for knight meetings or not making reports from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is Nakaba trying to reset the power scaling?
I think it was stated by himself in an interview that this time he wants a series, where the power-scaling is progressive with the main characters. He is fully aware that the Sins were disgustingly OP from the start.