Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-08, 09:31   Link #541
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Maybe Eva just thought Kurou is too cute to be man so she killed him off to revived him as a girl as well as gave him some kind of punishment for being arrogant enough to challenge an ancient vampire.
lol that would be hilarious.
Old 2013-09-08, 09:37   Link #542
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Maybe Eva just thought Kurou is too cute to be man so she killed him off to revived him as a girl as well as gave him some kind of punishment for being arrogant enough to challenge an ancient vampire.
Such imaginative power, i respectfully accept my defeat.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 09:56   Link #543
Tenzen12

And then Kuro x Touta would on table again
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 11:03   Link #544
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Eva also left the bounty hunter from chapter 1 alive, who knows. And anyone doing a background-check on her Yukihime identity would find out about Touta's existence and could probably find out about his immortality from his friends, or maybe even others in their village, with ease. No reason to scar and potentially ruin her relationship with Touta forever. This isn't the Urobutcher writing and there have been no indicators it would turn into such a grim manga, either. Not so soon and so sudden, anyway.
On the hunter from chapter 1 thought, she may have let him alive because of the circumstances. He not only attacked her but also the boys from the village so with witnesses it could be a case handled by the police and so being in prison instead of wandering around. It would also complicate things for the two if she was to kill someone there on the village where a lot of people knew her and Touta, albeit didn't know the full story.

Kuroumaru attacked them in the middle of nowhere, letting him alive would be more problematic as he would be free instead of prison or the like. Also Eva knows how Shinmeiryuu is effective against her kind, so leaving someone like that alive is likely more dangerous to Touta than the other guy.

All in all, both the possibility she did it expecting to kill him or expecting him to survives are open, so we will see next chapter.

And about this becoming too grim dark suddenly, can we really say that when from chapter 1 and promotional pics, it's almost certain that Kuroumaru is either going to survive that or will be reborn as an immortal in some way? (like Hata said, it may not even be Eva, but the person/group who sent Kurou may do it to him).

Also while Eva certainly cares about Touta and wouldn't like if he started disliking her, she is likely more worried about his ability to survival, and trying to make the whole deal of being a vampire and the stigma that comes with it lighter is more likely to end up with him being killed (or whatever that can be done to them) in the long run.
Old 2013-09-08, 12:04   Link #545
Tranhieu

It would be funny if it was the loli Eva stabbing Kurou in the chest.

Joke aside I think Eva is serious there about getting rid of Kurou. That wound maybe fatal but high chance that Touta will beg her to spare Kurou's life later. I have the feeling Eva has gotten too soft lately, especially when it comes to her relationship with Touta.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 13:03   Link #546
Ridwan

Smoking hot cougar and ambiguous gender beauty ? Is this serial made for me ?
Old 2013-09-08, 15:48   Link #547
Team Rocket Elite

This isn't the first time Evangeline has went for the kill against someone trying to kill her or people she knows. Evangeline did try to kill Fate back in Negima chapter 52. He just happened to run in time before getting sliced in half. Also in this chapter it's unclear if she heard Touta before attacking Kuroumaru.
Old 2013-09-08, 15:50   Link #548
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Eva also left the bounty hunter from chapter 1 alive, who knows. And anyone doing a background-check on her Yukihime identity would find out about Touta's existence and could probably find out about his immortality from his friends, or maybe even others in their village, with ease. No reason to scar and potentially ruin her relationship with Touta forever. This isn't the Urobutcher writing and there have been no indicators it would turn into such a grim manga, either. Not so soon and so sudden, anyway.
Of course, I'm kinda wondering if Ken Akamatsu is going a "darker" route in a response to Madoka Magica or a number of young adult books that are currently out in America like Twilight and The Mortal Instruments (after all, Negima was inspired somewhat by Harry Potter).
Old 2013-09-08, 17:27   Link #549
mechdra

Why do I sense BL in this series?

If Kurou is a girl, she is really flat...
If Kurou is a guy, he look fabulous...
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 18:02   Link #550
blackswordsman
Kuro no Kenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Of course, I'm kinda wondering if Ken Akamatsu is going a "darker" route in a response to Madoka Magica or a number of young adult books that are currently out in America like Twilight and The Mortal Instruments (after all, Negima was inspired somewhat by Harry Potter).
I actually feel like he is going the darker route. How many deaths/near deaths have their been so far? Konoe, kurou, tachibana, it seems like we're averaging a death a chapter pretty much.
Old 2013-09-08, 19:46   Link #551
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The things is that whether Kurou is of human ancestry or not, Kurou said that he himself comes from Mars isn't it, there is a high chance that he's only a part human with other being of different ancestry, this could turn whether Kurou himself is already an immortal or will Touta turn him into one cause i can't see Eva saving Kurou life on her own accord.
Right, Kudou never said he come from Mars, only mentioned that he come from up...which is the space but what part?
Also, Kurou said he have Japanese ancestry, which make him human but how much? That's one question we'll have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure Kudou will be alive next chapter...which I'll leave at that.

Fwarlord's comment: That would be amusing to see that happen. Heh~
Ancient Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 20:12   Link #552
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswordsman View Post
I actually feel like he is going the darker route. How many deaths/near deaths have their been so far? Konoe, kurou, tachibana, it seems like we're averaging a death a chapter pretty much.
Death is cheep when you're immortal. Wound wise that is no worse then the one Fate gave Negi in the gate port and he clearly expected him to live through that and it is unclear if he knew he had his healer with him so healing magic might not be that big a deal to fix thqt dqmage.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 20:58   Link #553
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Death View Post
Right, Kudou never said he come from Mars, only mentioned that he come from up...which is the space but what part?
Also, Kurou said he have Japanese ancestry, which make him human but how much? That's one question we'll have to wait and see.
Just to point something, having Japanese ancestry doesn't mean necessarily a human. For instance, different from Mazoku that comes from the Demon World, the Youkai seems to come from real world, so one could have Japanese ancestry that isn't human.
Old 2013-09-08, 22:58   Link #554
ReddyRedWolf

It occurs to me Touta is a gender bent Asuna in terms initial backstory.

In terms of role Eva is in Takamichi's position. Taking care of a royalty that has lost memories. Which could mean also Eva erased Touta's memory for his own good.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 01:57   Link #555
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Just to point something, having Japanese ancestry doesn't mean necessarily a human. For instance, different from Mazoku that comes from the Demon World, the Youkai seems to come from real world, so one could have Japanese ancestry that isn't human.
Oh yeah, I forget about the Youkai clans having Japanese ancestry as well.
Can't believe it slipped off my mind of all the times.
Thanks for pointing out.
Ancient Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 04:15   Link #556
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
True, Kurou never stated specific that he was human so that's one more possibilites though the only way to knows is to wait for the next chapter.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 07:09   Link #557
ReddyRedWolf

Something just occured to me. If time travel/dimension hopping does happen it could answer the greatest question of the Akamatsu crossover universe.

How did Tsukuyomi get the Yuuto Hina? In 2004 Motoko still has it during Keitaro and Naru's wedding.

Somehow the Hina Blade from the future ended up in the past. Thus there were two Hina Blades at the time.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 13:53   Link #558
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Something just occured to me. If time travel/dimension hopping does happen it could answer the greatest question of the Akamatsu crossover universe.

How did Tsukuyomi get the Yuuto Hina? In 2004 Motoko still has it during Keitaro and Naru's wedding.

Somehow the Hina Blade from the future ended up in the past. Thus there were two Hina Blades at the time.
Maybe they forged two Hinas? Because the one in Negima didn't work exactly like the one in LH (that is, it never moved Tsukuyomi to try and kiss anyone).

Even if they're the same sword, the Mundus Magicus arc took place during the summer vacations of 2003 (it's easy to forget the bulk of Negima takes place during a very short time window). After Tsukuyomi was defeated, they presumably took Hina from her and returned it to Motoko. I don't think there's any big mystery there.
Old 2013-09-09, 15:50   Link #559
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

People here who get turned into vampires become servants to their parent vampires in negima-verse as well, don't they?

So imagine Touta decides to save the guy. Now he gets a gender-ambiguous dude as his manservant, lol. "Lick my feet, pretty-face boy!"
Old 2013-09-09, 16:04   Link #560
Breimoon

Maybe that was eva's idea? Kill him to turn him into touta's eternal sex friend xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love