AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-17, 17:10   Link #281
Shlugo

I really liked this episode. Julis character was nicely fleshed out along with her backstory, and the reason for getting money is not nearly as contrived as I feared it would be. Julis is really a fun heroine, she has just the right amount of badassery, spunk and kindness that I enjoy. And her interactions with Ayato are fun to see. They have great chemistry and show genuine sympathy and respect for each other. And a love interest that matches the hero badassery is always welcome. Honestly the other girls seem a little superfluous.

So Julis went to what is obviously a trap, and Ayato went to back her up. Since Ayato problems with multiple opponents were mentioned he'll hopefully won't clean the house himself, and them fighting together there will give them idea to team up for the tournament.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 17:25   Link #282
Arya

I liked the episode, the pace keeps being right for me. A date episode, this early and this nonchalantly, more or less. All in all it was a very nice episode, despite I don't like that annoying student that keeps asking for a duel.

The ending was effective since I like how they linked Ayato's sister with Julis, both emphasizing Ayato's and Julis' strengthening bonds but also putting julis in the same spot we left Ayato's sister, possibly dying. So I'd be really worried for her if I didn't know already that Ayato will save her As for Antimagic academy, a bit too early as development, but ok.
It gave also Ayato the right kick to find his lost resolve finally.

I suspect that the ending will be always effective if they'll keep this ED blending with it.

Oh, and I'm probably the only one being pretty fine with Julis chest!

Looking forward to the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
Since Ayato problems with multiple opponents were mentioned he'll hopefully won't clean the house himself, and them fighting together there will give them idea to team up for the tournament.
That would be a nice development instead of your usual stuff with the hero saving the princess.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2015-10-17 at 17:35.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 17:35   Link #283
Shlugo

There's nothing wrong with Julis chest. It's just the frill on her dress that makes it look small.
Old 2015-10-17, 17:40   Link #284
Phantomlurker

Well, I am not complaining for julis's chest. Is all about the balance after all, and julis got it perfect for me
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 17:42   Link #285
Arya

Damn, I'm actually not sure how busty she is, but what I was trying to say is that I wouldn't have problem even if she was that small. But yeah, never mind, it's not really relevant

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 17:46   Link #286
Shlugo

Well, she seems pretty developed here.

Spoiler for NSFW:

Well, let's leave is at that.
Old 2015-10-17, 17:56   Link #287
KnightShade

^LMAO in tears
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 19:32   Link #288
Phantomlurker

Either pads or a mistery mankind is not meant to know.
Old 2015-10-17, 20:38   Link #289
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Claudia..............all I can say about this show.

Julis is cute, doe.

Last edited by Nvis; 2015-10-17 at 20:51.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 21:06   Link #290
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Really good adaption, but what I love the most every episode is the ED song. Its so damn good, wow.
Old 2015-10-17, 22:59   Link #291
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It really is a bad decision for Julis to wear that frilly thing over her chest. It really makes her look flat since it hides the shape of her chest. Would have been better if it was worn (or attached, if it's a part of her dress) on her waist like a belt. That would have helped to keep her one-piece dress from fluttering too much.

Anyway, aside from the awkward cuts, Julis' dress and Ayato's leap of faith, there's nothing weird I saw in the episode.

Did they change where the ambush occurred, I wonder? I imagined it happen in a warehouse-filled district instead of a wooded park area.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 23:09   Link #292
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It really is a bad decision for Julis to wear that frilly thing over her chest. It really makes her look flat since it hides the shape of her chest. Would have been better if it was worn (or attached, if it's a part of her dress) on her waist like a belt. That would have helped to keep her one-piece dress from fluttering too much.
To be fair, she did say she threw that outfit together from some clothes she got from friends that live in an orphanage run by nuns...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 23:27   Link #293
rladls2121

Claudia, no fair about the reward she was giving to Ayato that night.
Ayato did not even time to decide about the reward.
I actually wished Cluadia to say it is because Julis is her precious friend that she requested Ayato to protect Juils from those assassins though.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 23:48   Link #294
Phantomlurker

After careful examination from a second watch, it was indeed the dress. I also noticed that ayato learned to announce himself before traspassing windows. That's something. And finally, lester should legally change his name first. No body called McFail will ever succeed at life.
Old 2015-10-18, 00:16   Link #295
rladls2121

This series is really in futuristic settings, see how Claudia slided the floating students profile screens to Ayato meters away.
Being able to turn on and off the screen like that, in real life we still now have to carry moniter to the person who has to see the screen, I wonder when this kind of change will happen?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 02:17   Link #296
Esclair

Why does Julis run like a ninja? It's not a cost saving measure because Ayato runs normally
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 02:53   Link #297
7thFonon
seventh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Why does Julis run like a ninja? It's not a cost saving measure because Ayato runs normally
So the sun's about to set, and you're in the forest, chasing full speed after a hooded man dressed in all black who incidentally hired a group of assassins to take you and your partner out....

At that point, you're already a full blown ninja.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 05:30   Link #298
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
There's nothing wrong with Julis chest. It's just the frill on her dress that makes it look small.
That dress took 3 or 4 years off her. I made me wonder if Ayato is a lolicon, when he said it fit her.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 19:59   Link #299
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I know this is 2 weeks old, but this is too great.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27300611

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 21:31   Link #300
Yan3242

Nice episode overall, iam surprised despite being a typical school magic fantasy (harem?) setting, its actually not that bad. Everything is balance out so far, the typical echiness, the date, the fight, plot, i like it so far

And i swear this series mc set a new record to go to girls room by window, he do this at least once every episode so far he even admit it in the anime
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, harem, light novel adaptation, ps vita