AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-04-07, 09:25   Link #1
Kamieichi

Hibike! Euphonium (響け!ユーフォニアム) [Novel]

Original Title: 響け!ユーフォニアム (Hibike! Euphonium)
English Title: Sound! Euphonium
Author: Takeda Ayano
Cover Illustrator: Asada Nikki

Summary:
The Kitauji high school concert band club had at one time participated in national tournaments, but after the club's adviser changed, they have not been able to even participate in the Kansai regional tournament. However, thanks to the newly appointed adviser's strict instruction, the students are steadily improving and build up their strength. As they fight over who plays solos, some students give priority to studying and quit club activities. Finally, the long wished-for day of the contest arrives.
(Excerpt from Wikipedia, with a bit of editing)

Novel Covers
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kamieichi; 2017-11-04 at 08:30.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 16:17   Link #2
Birdway123
Banned

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Birdway123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 00:49   Link #3
Verisimilitude

So are there any romantic developments in the novel? Kind of interested seeing how people are reacting to the 引力 on the anime website and the red string of fate.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 23:05   Link #4
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

it was a big violin or a cello ?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 01:33   Link #5
Kamieichi

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kamieichi; 2015-05-06 at 01:45.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 15:51   Link #6
woah

Some people's posts in the Euphonium anime thread were deleted due to spoilers, but can anyone who's read the novels just spoil whether or not there's actual yuri? I've read mixed things, including
Spoiler:
. I just want to know whether or not there is actual yuri-baiting going on here. Of course the anime may take a different route than the novels...
woah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 19:55   Link #7
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by woah View Post
Some people's posts in the Euphonium anime thread were deleted due to spoilers, but can anyone who's read the novels just spoil whether or not there's actual yuri? I've read mixed things, including
Spoiler:
. I just want to know whether or not there is actual yuri-baiting going on here. Of course the anime may take a different route than the novels...
I'd like to know this also.
DeathAngelBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 02:08   Link #8
larethian

A very sexy paragraph.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 04:05   Link #9
Verisimilitude

Well apparently in the novels,
Spoiler for Novel Spoilers:
Old 2015-05-28, 04:06   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
A very sexy paragraph.
And that's only for a simple thing as a hug.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 09:22   Link #11
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
What? Why?
Old 2015-05-28, 09:53   Link #12
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Wikipedia claims it is still ongoing with 3 volumes released. Do you mean latest rather than final?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 10:51   Link #13
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Wikipedia claims it is still ongoing with 3 volumes released. Do you mean latest rather than final?
Volume 3 is apparently the final volume. Volume 4 consists of SS that occur during the time frame of 1-3.
Old 2015-05-28, 14:08   Link #14
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
What he wrote is true it occurs in volume 3 and special that would be the volume 4.
This clarifies the doubts of several fans.
And they can also avoid confusions that occurred in Cross Ange and Tamako, avoiding fanfic and fanwank posts.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-05-28 at 14:32.
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 15:38   Link #15
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
What he wrote is true it occurs in volume 3 and special that would be the volume 4.
This clarifies the doubts of several fans.
And they can also avoid confusions that occurred in Cross Ange and Tamako, avoiding fanfic and fanwank posts.

Spoiler:
Believe when I say I wouldn't get so emotionally invested in the relationship between Kumiko and Reina unless I was convinced there is something between them. I have seen many animes trying to pander to the "yuri shipping" demographic, and like a lot of other yuri fans, I began to view any possible ship-tease with heavy pessimism and skepticism. So lo and behold, when finally arrives a pairing that seems to be both plausible and realistic - nope, she ends up with a dude. Her CHILDHOOD FRIEND, as if to add an insult to the cliche injury. Can you really blame me for being majorly pissed and upset?
Old 2015-05-28, 18:02   Link #16
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
Believe when I say I wouldn't get so emotionally invested in the relationship between Kumiko and Reina unless I was convinced there is something between them. I have seen many animes trying to pander to the "yuri shipping" demographic, and like a lot of other yuri fans, I began to view any possible ship-tease with heavy pessimism and skepticism. So lo and behold, when finally arrives a pairing that seems to be both plausible and realistic - nope, she ends up with a dude. Her CHILDHOOD FRIEND, as if to add an insult to the cliche injury. Can you really blame me for being majorly pissed and upset?
Please get over yourself. It was obvious the Novel had minimal yuri and KyoAni baiting once more. How can you be so pissed when you don't even see what happens between now and the final volume? I don't understand this dislike for Shuichi, he's a great guy and clearly has history with Kumiko. It's a highlight of Kumiko's flaws that she's still not over Shuichi's comment in middle school and still holding a grudge despite the guy trying to patch things up between them. Why are you reducing Shucichi to a "trope". Why not judge him as a character? Seeing Shu and Kumiko's moments are something I like to see while people wearing their yuri goggles don't care for.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 18:59   Link #17
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
What moments? This still doesn't explain why KyoAni's been gutting the Shu and Kumiko scenes or took out Reina's non-confession for Taki. Even without bringing in the pink elephant in the room called social stigma, the possibility that the show would push something this heavily and then change its mind at the last minute is still pretty insulting on a pure storytelling level. Y'know, bad writing?

Yeah, I'm a yuri fan, but that only goes as far as my own fantasies. In an actual story, all bets are on something the critics like to call d-e-v-e-l-o-p-m-e-n-t. I don't need stripper goggles to see that Seichiro and Karen from X have stronger chemistry than Sorata and Arashi; I don't need straight goggles to see the bullshit Kannazuki no Miko pulled; I do need a consistent story, regardless of who has their heads buried in the ground.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 19:32   Link #18
woah

The moments when Kumiko gets an attitude with Shuichi are among my favorites in the anime and they certainly spend a good amount time on the interactions between the two. If there's more exposition of their past and their feelings I think they could make a good couple. However, at the same time I think it would be interesting to actually have kyoani do a legit yuri show. .... But I just don't see it happening given kyoani's past (unless it's explicitly shoujo-ai). No doubt, their history indicates they get a real kick out of yuri-baiting.

After reading the above spoilers
Spoiler:

And thanks for the novel spoilers from those above. Pity we won't see it animated in this season. However, if they actually do a second season and
Spoiler:
woah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 01:45   Link #19
larethian

I'd love to read it with my own eyes. If there is a legal ebook version, I would have bought it, but alas, it doesn't.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 02:32   Link #20
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Please get over yourself. It was obvious the Novel had minimal yuri and KyoAni baiting once more. How can you be so pissed when you don't even see what happens between now and the final volume? I don't understand this dislike for Shuichi, he's a great guy and clearly has history with Kumiko. It's a highlight of Kumiko's flaws that she's still not over Shuichi's comment in middle school and still holding a grudge despite the guy trying to patch things up between them. Why are you reducing Shucichi to a "trope". Why not judge him as a character? Seeing Shu and Kumiko's moments are something I like to see while people wearing their yuri goggles don't care for.
I have nothing against Shuuichi. I just don't see how him and Kumiko have any romantic interactions. Kumiko certainly doesn't seem to view him in that way. And I thought we would finally get a realistic representation of childhood friends, breaking the stigma that a girl and a guy can't be just platonic friends.

Tags
music