Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-13, 23:01   Link #21
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa~Chan~ View Post
Hey ho~! Just a fan of Battlefield here~!

Just gonna question some things~

Why is some people are bickering about the 'Female Soldier' included in the game~?
I heard some things like "It's not historically accurate" and other things like that~
From what I can feel it's more like discrimination~
And some developers said "It's just a game" so people don't have to get so noisy about that~
At the risk of stepping on toes, it's because they're intolerant and close-minded. I hope that none here think like that: we've been seeing the likes of Girls und Panzer, Hai-Furi, Strike Witches and Kantai Collection, so we should be no strangers to ladies involved in a combat role. Besides, women were involved in WWII historically, so it's not like the game is making stuff up. Beyond this, I would say not to get involved with those people who are making the commotion: you'd have better luck reasoning with a brick wall. Meanwhile, if you play Battlefield, add me and let's get on the Road to Battlefield!
Old 2018-06-14, 00:26   Link #22
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
At the risk of stepping on toes, it's because they're intolerant and close-minded. I hope that none here think like that: we've been seeing the likes of Girls und Panzer, Hai-Furi, Strike Witches and Kantai Collection, so we should be no strangers to ladies involved in a combat role. Besides, women were involved in WWII historically, so it's not like the game is making stuff up. Beyond this, I would say not to get involved with those people who are making the commotion: you'd have better luck reasoning with a brick wall. Meanwhile, if you play Battlefield, add me and let's get on the Road to Battlefield!
Very much this. I'm pretty sure a number of the complainers are the same who had a beef with female soldiers in Star Wars: Battlefront. As you pointed out, women were prety much involved during WWII, especially in all European resistance movements. The Soviets were also known to involve several women on the frontlines too.

No disrespect, perhaps some people just see too much stuff from a purely English Western point of view since none of the English-speaking Western allies sent women into dangerous situations that involves possible confrontation with the enemy.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 01:34   Link #23
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The beef I've read so far was centered on the fact that it was a British woman. Criticism would have been more subdued if it had been a Russian woman, since the USSR did have female combat groups (snipers and fighter pilots)...or even a French maquisard (let's be serious, the combatants seen in that first, "let's-all-tumble-around-and-confuse-everyone" trailer had such an eclectic range of attire that they didn't really seem part of a standing army, but looked to be more part of a rag-tag group of freedom fighters/scavengers than anything else).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-06-14 at 01:54.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 08:11   Link #24
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

People also whine about how the introduction of her felt like the devs were forcing inclusion and diversity down their throats, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Also, I'm a big believer of multiplayer modes having all the creative freedoms available to the devs. Having a playable female British soldier with a prosthetic in a multiplayer match doesn't bother me at all. And that was what was shown in the reveal trailer. I couldn't fuckin BELIEVE that some people thought it was single player gameplay. Sure, the reveal trailer weaved in some in-engine footage with actual gameplay to give it some cinematic flair; but the second half of that trailer screamed multiplayer all over. For me, anything goes with multiplayer. Who has the time to nitpick and point out historical accuracy of multiplayer? No one should care. There are MANY alternative shooters that are more realistic and more historically accurate than Battlefield.

Come release time, I'm sure people will either forget about it or will stop whining about it. The same happened with COD WW2 last year.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 10:26   Link #25
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

All the more reason to not care, if people end up forgetting anyways. All this fear of gender politics in games is unfounded, and as long as the customisations don't affect gameplay (e.g. playing with Georgette's coat somehow gives me a debuff and makes me slower), then I care not. I've been saying this long before, and will continue to say it: until our top-tier shooters start running on Twine "Engine", takes away the guns and features Isaac Schankler's repetitive, annoying piano in place of a proper soundtrack, I'd say gaming is doing just fine.
Old 2018-06-16, 12:52   Link #26
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

^^^^^Sorry~ I don't know when will it be available for me to finally buy battlefield 1 and it's my first game~ so I still have to create an account for that~ sorry but I'm really tight on Budget for ages now~ but let's meet once I get it okay~?! Please play with me~!

Hehe~ I'm glad that everyone on this community are as one on their opinions about a female character being included in a game~

And, do I have to mention that there were also an update that includes female soldiers in one of the Battlefield 1 DLC~ and I've almost caught no wind of it having any issues at all~ meanwhile this issue somehow escalated to the point even Devs commented on it~ it's like I'm seeing a smoke rising into the far of distance~

Also authenticity of female soldiers aside~ there are some players who were very happy about being able to play a female character~ I mean who haven't played the opposite gender in an RPG before~? Admit it~ some of us even played a fantasy type RPG with an opposite gender~ And it's not like the first time a female character has been put in any game before~

And just Boasting~ mother said my Granma was also wielding a mosin nagant during world war 2 in the Philippines~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 00:10   Link #27
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That update was the In The Name of The Tsar DLC, and it had no gameplay changes whatsoever. The Russian female snipers are badass, with the same health and mobility as their male counterparts, just like their real-world equivalents. If the opportunity presents itself, I look forwards to your joining the Battlefield. With that new systems in Battlefield V, we need more players than ever to build, resupply, capture and revive.
Old 2018-06-17, 21:31   Link #28
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Fufufufu~! I'm very excited to join in you know~? I'm going to play as medic since I love rapid firing Semi-automatic rifles~! Ah so good~!
Old 2018-06-27, 15:01   Link #29
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Who's going to join in on the closed alpha?
Old 2018-06-27, 18:55   Link #30
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Who's going to join in on the closed alpha?
Sure, if I get invited lol.
Old 2018-06-27, 23:25   Link #31
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

If you get an invite, let me know I need squadmates who'll drop ammo and health, and need ammo and health from me – the new scarcity feature means no more running around with enough rounds to eliminate half the enemy team on your own and then regen your health after, as players now need to grab health and ammo from teammates or at dedicated spots.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For everyone who's wondering, the closed alpha will require around 50 GB of space, an i5 6600 or equivalent, 8 GB of RAM and at least a GTX 660. Took me around 20 minutes to download the installer, which was north of 9 GB.
Old 2018-06-27, 23:28   Link #32
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
If you get an invite, let me know I need squadmates who'll drop ammo and health, and need ammo and health from me – the new scarcity feature means no more running around with enough rounds to eliminate half the enemy team on your own and then regen your health after, as players now need to grab health and ammo from teammates or at dedicated spots.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For everyone who's wondering, the closed alpha will require around 50 GB of space, an i5 6600 or equivalent, 8 GB of RAM and at least a GTX 660. Took me around 20 minutes to download the installer, which was north of 9 GB.
sonuva

when did you get your code? If I haven't gotten it by now, then I feel like I won't be invited
Old 2018-06-27, 23:46   Link #33
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
sonuva

when did you get your code? If I haven't gotten it by now, then I feel like I won't be invited
They emailed me at noon pacific time.
Old 2018-06-28, 06:22   Link #34
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
They emailed me at noon pacific time.

well, have fun in the alpha!
Old 2018-06-29, 02:00   Link #35
rladls2121

I wish this game can be bought on Steam and play on it instead of Origin.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 00:24   Link #36
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Speaking of battlefield~! A new Easter egg has been founded and already has a video of it covered by Jackfrags~! The revolver looks so epic~! Loving the skulls imprinted on it~!
Old 2018-07-02, 08:50   Link #37
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa~Chan~ View Post
Speaking of battlefield~! A new Easter egg has been founded and already has a video of it covered by Jackfrags~! The revolver looks so epic~! Loving the skulls imprinted on it~!
does it involve a larger than life sea creature?
Old 2018-07-02, 09:53   Link #38
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Nope~! The Easter Egg this time is a reward type~! If you managed to complete all the steps you get a Peacekeeper~! With some bonus of very cool animations and epic phantom project skulls on its design~! Uuuu~! I want it so bad~!
Old 2018-07-02, 13:24   Link #39
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The beef I've read so far was centered on the fact that it was a British woman. Criticism would have been more subdued if it had been a Russian woman, since the USSR did have female combat groups (snipers and fighter pilots)...or even a French maquisard (let's be serious, the combatants seen in that first, "let's-all-tumble-around-and-confuse-everyone" trailer had such an eclectic range of attire that they didn't really seem part of a standing army, but looked to be more part of a rag-tag group of freedom fighters/scavengers than anything else).
The main issue that I see get brought up a lot in that discussion, is that people feel the inclusion of outlandish things like British facepaint clad female prosthetic wielding front line soldiers completely destroy the games suspension of disbelief and dismantle the historic narrative of the setting. A lot of people have a pretty clear cut vision of what WW2 was like (thanks to books, movies and the like), and that sure as hell doesn't fit within it.

I dont think BF fans wanted over the top nonsense, if anything the call for more WW2 was based entirely on the desire for a more grounded, gritty and real game. Which is what BF1 almost offered them. That's certainly the kind of thing I'd liked to have seen.

Honestly to me it looks like they simply wanted to appeal to as many different markets as they possible could to sell more games... historic accuracy be damned.

Its a pass for me.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 20:17   Link #40
Chosen_Hero

I personally would have like it if the game focused on the Pacific theater instead of the European for once. Seriously, anyone that has seen any WW2 documentary know that (with all the respect that the people who fought in said war deserve) the shit that happened in the pacific is some of the hypest shit in human history.

The naval battles, the dogfights, the fights in land as they fought for territory to either advance or hold the line, etc, that kind of history what would have made this game stand out from the rest of the WW2 shooters. Heck, the game could have had a begining just as iconic as Normandy beach by letting you play through the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Now I will still play this game seeing as WW2 is one of my favorite things to learn about (as long as there isn't any of the bullshit that EA loves to add to their games as of late), it is just that I feel like they are ignoring half of the war and are wasting a potentially good setting.

Tags
battlefield, battlefield 5