AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha StrikerS - Overall series rating
Perfect 10 47 15.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 17.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 19.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 62 21.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 44 14.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 2.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 3.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.06%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-23, 21:59   Link #241
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Also.... I thought they were going to elaborate more as far as what happened to all the impregnated androids who are carrying the seed of this crazy scientist .... are they going to have evil babies now?
Naaa... each android had a clone of Jail incubating inside them ready to born just in case that Jail die so he could keep his "Research". Like a life secure
Old 2008-11-09, 21:39   Link #242
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Naaa... each android had a clone of Jail incubating inside them ready to born just in case that Jail die so he could keep his "Research". Like a life secure
Was I the only one seriously disturbed by that plot twist?
Old 2008-11-10, 01:38   Link #243
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Ehmm...

No
Old 2008-11-17, 10:11   Link #244
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
No... I had stopped watching StrikerS at the time and when I heard that plot twist on why all the Numbers were female, I was rather disturbed... if only for the implication that it seemed to give: "Females are only good for having children... evil children to carry out my mad research!"
Old 2008-11-17, 11:55   Link #245
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
No... I had stopped watching StrikerS at the time and when I heard that plot twist on why all the Numbers were female, I was rather disturbed... if only for the implication that it seemed to give: "Females are only good for having children... evil children to carry out my mad research!"
Had he say, "I just wanted my own harem.", you would hear cheers in the crowd.
Old 2008-11-17, 12:08   Link #246
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Wait... isn't Otto (#8) male? @_@;
Old 2008-11-17, 12:13   Link #247
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Dunno, the fact that they're also his elite soldiers tells us he thinks they're good for something else too.

Quote:
Wait... isn't Otto (#8) male? @_@;
Nope, all numbers are girls.
Old 2008-11-17, 17:32   Link #248
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Definitely not; only the implanting-Relic-into-Vivio scenes were higher on my personal squick-meter in StrikerS.
Old 2008-11-17, 23:21   Link #249
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Definitely not; only the implanting-Relic-into-Vivio scenes were higher on my personal squick-meter in StrikerS.
Indeed

That scene of Vivio tied to the table and Jail pulling out the logia with the sick expresion on his face really points to another thing O.o

7arcs should be more carefull while making these kind of scenes
Old 2008-11-27, 17:45   Link #250
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Indeed

That scene of Vivio tied to the table and Jail pulling out the logia with the sick expresion on his face really points to another thing O.o

7arcs should be more carefull while making these kind of scenes
Carefull my foot, that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on purpose. And we were all disgusted so: Keikaku Dori
Old 2008-12-05, 14:29   Link #251
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Does anyone know if familiars age?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Old 2008-12-05, 14:32   Link #252
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Does anyone know if familiars age?
No. A familiar's existance is tied to their master's life, not age.
Old 2009-01-21, 19:52   Link #253
motaku96
もたく

Personally, this was my favorite of the three series. I liked that Nanoha and the gang from the first two series acted as mentors to the new guys. It allowed for great character development from the forwards while still keeping Nanoha in the middle of everything. (I've been getting tired of shows(there are quite a few) with some upstart teen that is a complete retard but somehow manages to become the strongest thing around(stronger than the adults that trained him even) through sheer dumbluck and willpower.) It also showed a lot of growth from the characters. Since the older characters had already dealt with their internal problems in earlier seasons, they could just concentrate on being really mature and cool characters in this one. Oh and Nanoha and Fate's strength is so ridiculously high. It's awesome seeing them in action and saving the forwards but also letting the forwards deal with the weaker foes so that they get to show off some skills too.
Old 2009-01-21, 20:11   Link #254
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
Oh and Nanoha and Fate's strength is so ridiculously high. It's awesome seeing them in action and saving the forwards but also letting the forwards deal with the weaker foes so that they get to show off some skills too.
I have to agree with this
Old 2009-02-02, 21:48   Link #255
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Having just marathoned both MGLA and MGLNA's and now this I have to say they are among the better magical girl series I've seen-one thing that really bothered me was the high amount of pedo stuff in the 1st series, this last one was quite good and 26 episodes gave the characters and storyline time to grow and properly develop-although a couple of characters were never developed much-overall quite a decent series to waste some time watching.
Old 2009-02-10, 01:11   Link #256
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I mostly enjoyed the show-it gets an 8 out of 10 possible points from me.
Old 2009-02-16, 17:17   Link #257
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
http://www.mania.com/make-your-case-...le_113050.html

vote for strikers to be licensed state-side please ^^

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:53   Link #258
Icehawk

Finally got around to completing this series. It's been an interesting journey following the Nanoha story, and I will be missing it. I liked how this one advanced the time frame into the beginning of Nanoha's adult life and brought in some interesting new characters and further developed the lore. In the end though, I give it an 8 on this rating, but it actually feels better to give it more of a 7.8 or so as it does have some noticeable issues that keep it from being a top tier series IMHO.

The main gripes I have with the show are that they almost had too many characters and weren't able to balance them all properly. The pacing of the show really suffered at times and so there was alot of missed potential on the character development front with some of the secondary ones. This isn't really suprising, and they could have done alot worse, but it still drags the series down more than it should. As well, being a NanoFate supporter, I would have preferred to see more development on that side of things, but the creators have decided to stick to the "mindless middle" and leave it up to us to bitchfight over the issue.

On the matter of Jail Scaglietti, he was a good villain, but I disliked how they had go and make him an overtly "mad scientist" type so much, it just really felt forced and unnecessary. I prefer my villains when they are consistantly cool and calculating untill the end, untill they finally realize they were either dead wrong or when they realize they are finally about to get their ass handed to them on a silver platter, pretty much like Quattro did

But anyways, with the new "4th season" being constrained to a manga format it seems, I'm a little dissappointed. I dont usually have the will to bother following scanlations and so I don't know if I will continue with the story when that finally comes around, but we'll see I guess, the Nanoha-verse is still a fun and interesting one to play in
Old 2009-05-25, 20:06   Link #259
fallendrgmaster

Out of the three series Strikers is my favorite.

On the technical side I had no problem, with animation or sound, but I'm easily pleased with pretty pictures and big explosions

On the storyline, I again was pleased and nothing was really jarring to me except the whole Jail clones, I mean sure he is crazy, but it seemed a little over the top and dark for the series.

My small problem was character development, I guess series length is always an issue but their are some many interesting characters and not enough on them...I guess their is always more to come with the sound stages, and stuff like Vivio's own manga (I think).

On another note, something like the limiter I felt, where explained enough for me, I've seen similar such things done before, but other setting type things, like a lack of description on the Saint Church, or the new world they are in...I mean earth is pretty easy to figure out, but there seemed so little information on Mid-Childa.

All in all Great Series: 8 out of 10
Old 2009-06-23, 21:14   Link #260
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I completed this series a while back, but with the upcoming movie it drew me back here, and I might as well comment on StrikerS.

A's set a standard for action that would just be very hard to live up to. So StrikerS had a long uphill struggle, and being the first Nanoha series to have 26 episodes made things even harder, as people were expecting a ton more action.

I felt that StrikerS tried to do too much. StrikerS's plot is far more complex then the plot of the previous two series and Nanoha can't just befriend whoever isn't behaving. You had ancient conspiracies, bureaucratic incompetence, and lots of background information. Unforunately, more isn't always better. Tons of plot points were made and I'm not sure what was the point of them.

StrikerS had two main failings:

The Villain- Jail spaghetti or whatever. He was just utterly lame. They just didn't have any threat to them, or any depth. Compare to Fate in season one or the Wolkenritter in season 2. He's just incredibly generic and bland, and the only good to ever come out with him was to be bitchslapped by Fate. Sure they trashed the base (which is also when the series gets better) but for a lot of it you could just have them sport an evil mustache and laugh a lot.

Characters - Too many of them. True they were mostly delightful but many of them were just forgettable. I ended up simply forgetting about most of the series, because well, I didn't care. Everyone ended up having very shallow development because of this, except for Nanoha, maybe.

Note that these two problems start to go away near the end. Quattro proves menacing enough, and we do begin to see some character development.

One small thing that irked me is that the TSAB seemed hilariously incompetent. It may be because the old brain guys were corrupting stuff, but why the heck does the fleet (which can travel dimensions) take so long to reach the planet? Wouldn't they have immediately started sending support the moment section 6 got sacked? I might have overlooked something, so this isn't that big of a deal.

However, the series manages to redeem itself in the last third as the story finally gets into shape. I found myself rewatching episodes 17-24 a lot because there was a lot of action, and they managed to cram everything in without looking too rushed. We've also seen Nanoha grow a bit as a character, as we've never really seen her that sad before and her incredible determination to care for everyone. Fate didn't get as much screen time as I liked, but last part also shows what a long way she's come since the first season, changed from a confused, shy person with no identity to someone who's finally found her place.
Teana's, Subarau's, Erio's/Caro's fights were also well done, if somewhat short. You get the feeling that the training had actually taught them something. Not just combat skills, but growth as a person. And the series also ends with the "after the end" montage they used in the last 2 series which wraps up the series nicely.

Overall Rating: 6/10 Unfortunately, this series doesn't really leave me with much else to say as to me a whole lot of nothing happened for a while. But the awesomeness of the last part shows a lot of heart, and for that I can say this series isn't bad at all. It's quite like the 1st season which started out bad but absolutely rocked near the end. It doesn't do good plot-wise, but for some good old fashion Nanoha action (aka, top-tier anime action), Strikers finally does deliver.

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-07-08 at 08:21.
Closed Thread