Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2018-11-19, 18:22   Link #2061
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Anyone got any videos on how the TR-6 Woundwort's MA transformation is supposed to work? 'cause the MA mode sure as hell doesn't look compatible with its MS mode.
Quote:
Anything? I'd've thought someone knew, given how eager some of you were to get it as a model release...
The HG is a parts-fromer - not a good reference for explaining how the transformation works. But If you're wondering where the head and its tiny chest went, those are tucked inside the back skirt in MA Mode.

For reference, here's a photo review by schizophonic9
Old 2018-11-19, 19:12   Link #2062
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Anyone got any videos on how the TR-6 Woundwort's MA transformation is supposed to work? 'cause the MA mode sure as hell doesn't look compatible with its MS mode.
Quote:
Anything? I'd've thought someone knew, given how eager some of you were to get it as a model release...
Well, you originally asked for a video that explains or shows how Woundwort transform. The problem is, there's no such video so far. I mean, I can give you video reviews of HGUC Woundwort but since the HG is a partsformer, it can't really show you how the transformation is suppose to work. There's a third-party MG of Woundwort but that one can't tranform either.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-11-20, 04:29   Link #2063
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, it turns out someone actually has figured out how it works, though it's by no means official. But probably the closest we'll ever get.

https://twitter.com/LilienthalXX/sta...54202918395904
Old 2018-11-20, 06:31   Link #2064
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Ah, that's a very nice fan-video. The placement of the limbs and other parts is more or less accurate too.

And yeah, we won't really get a detailed official mechanism of the transformation probably until there's a Gundam game that depicts it or Bandai made an MG of Woundwort.
Old 2019-03-01, 15:20   Link #2065
AJK

Please help me identify a gundam

Hello

If you can, please help me ID/name a gundam from a series I saw a long time ago. I don't have a picture but can describe it/some features of it and the series.

I think I saw this approximately 10/15 years ago. The series seemed to be largely set in space. The gundam in question had a shield system that consisted of a network of remote shield disks that deflected enemy fire. They may have had some lightning like effects around them when active. I think the gundam was largely white in colour. I have a vague(er) memory that another gundam in the series may have had a whip/whip-like attachment on it's arm.

Apologies that this is a vague description but would really like to find out what this series and gundam are. If you could reply with a picture/video clip (as long as that doesn't violate any policy here) so I can have a look at it that'd be great.

Thank you in advance for your help
AJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 01:43   Link #2066
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJK View Post
Hello

If you can, please help me ID/name a gundam from a series I saw a long time ago. I don't have a picture but can describe it/some features of it and the series.

I think I saw this approximately 10/15 years ago. The series seemed to be largely set in space. The gundam in question had a shield system that consisted of a network of remote shield disks that deflected enemy fire. They may have had some lightning like effects around them when active. I think the gundam was largely white in colour. I have a vague(er) memory that another gundam in the series may have had a whip/whip-like attachment on it's arm.

Apologies that this is a vague description but would really like to find out what this series and gundam are. If you could reply with a picture/video clip (as long as that doesn't violate any policy here) so I can have a look at it that'd be great.

Thank you in advance for your help
Are the "remote shield disks" looks like the one used by the Suits in this video?:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And is the "Gundam with whip" that you remember being this one?:

Old 2019-05-14, 06:35   Link #2067
Chibiloli

Yeah, where does that blocky looking rifle from HG Customize Campaign 2018 C come from?
Old 2024-03-11, 08:19   Link #2068
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

In the tv version of the first Gundam, Amuro asks the engineers to alter the mecha based on his skills as a newtype for the last episodes. Was the change that notable or the mobile suit still looks the same?
Old 2024-03-12, 04:25   Link #2069
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
In the tv version of the first Gundam, Amuro asks the engineers to alter the mecha based on his skills as a newtype for the last episodes. Was the change that notable or the mobile suit still looks the same?
Straight from Wiki:
Quote:
Magnet Coating:
Magnet Coating is a special process developed by the Earth Federation in U.C. 0079 for their Mobile Suits. The need for this process came as the higher-ups realized that, despite the RX-78-2 Gundam's amazingly continued performance, there was one major flaw to it - its pilot, Amuro Ray, whose Newtype abilities were overwhelming the unit. To fix this, the Magnet Coating process was created.

The process has the joints of a suit coated with a special material that, when energized, repels the joints to the point where there is zero friction. By doing this, a Mobile Suit's reaction time is increased by 20-30%. The process was first tested on the RX-78-3 G-3 Gundam, then applied to the original RX-78-2 Gundam, later being added to all future Mobile Suits. Zeon would try this with their MS-11 Act Zaku, but the suit wouldn't see the light of day until the Gryps Conflict.

In the original show, the magnet coating process has no visible indication. However, in March 2012, the life-sized Gundam statue at Gundam Front Tokyo was upgraded with sealed joint parts to represent having received magnet coating,[5] and sealed joints were later used to indicate the magnet coating upgrade in several Gunpla model kits, such as the Master Grade RX-78-2 Gundam 3.0.
Old 2024-03-14, 10:10   Link #2070
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So the first Gundam novel was surprisingly more adult based on what I have seen.
Spoiler for nsfw:
Old 2024-03-15, 14:59   Link #2071
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Straight from Wiki:
Would like to expand that the special material used are magnetic monopoles, which are special exotic particles with only one magnetic pole. Minovski Physics are used to stabalize the monopoles and this greatly reduces the resistance to the applied part, which also reduces the reaction speed.

This info is from the MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Ver 3.0 manual.