AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-26, 22:53   Link #101
Kudryavka

No Kaisos, they just sent me a link to download the old patch, the one that goes up to May 20th. Since for some reason Fluffy seems to have taken down the site that originally hosted the patch, and I didn't get a chance to get it before.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:09   Link #102
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you then.
Old 2009-06-04, 08:12   Link #103
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Is there a patch going up to the 20:th May? Or are there even more patches? Recently bought Little Busters so I haven't really checked up on patches...
Old 2009-06-05, 21:10   Link #104
Kudryavka

Yep, Fluffy released a patch going up to May 20th a while ago. They hosted it on their main site, but it's down now, so no patch.
I'll post the link to the patch, as Jze0 reuploaded it. If s/he doesn't mind, of course... ^-^
Old 2009-06-06, 12:01   Link #105
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Wah~ There is a patch?! Lucky me (>v<)/ Does it work with EX as well? I got both versions but I'm just wondering... Please post the patch though :>
Old 2009-06-06, 12:16   Link #106
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
Wah~ There is a patch?! Lucky me (>v<)/ Does it work with EX as well? I got both versions but I'm just wondering... Please post the patch though :>
The group is not currently supporting an EX patch. We've heard reports that it... sorta... works, with errors and such. You're welcome to test that out, if you'd like, but it's not something that the group will help you with.

I recommend just using it on your vanilla game.
Old 2009-06-06, 12:48   Link #107
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
The group is not currently supporting an EX patch. We've heard reports that it... sorta... works, with errors and such. You're welcome to test that out, if you'd like, but it's not something that the group will help you with.

I recommend just using it on your vanilla game.
Will they ever do a patch for EX though? I would like to play the 3 extra routes...
Old 2009-06-06, 13:01   Link #108
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Will they ever do a patch for EX though? I would like to play the 3 extra routes...
Their official response to this question is "Maybe; now leave us alone."

My attitude is to let them finish the vanilla game first, which I want to play first anyway. Then I can be bothersome about EX. Or I could learn Japanese. Whichever happens first.

And do remember, the patch we're referring to covers the first five days, and the last day of that is unedited (IIRC).
Old 2009-06-06, 13:07   Link #109
Jze0
Hmmm...

I recommand using the patch on the original game, that way you don't have to deal with all the problems that can occur in the EX version. So far they're have been two patches release that I know of, a March 5 release and an April 1 release. The April 1 patch goes all the way til May 22 in the game, so they still need a ways to go until they fully complete the project.

Anyway I'll PM you a link to the patch Golden Witch Drugs, so I hope you enjoy.

@Komori: Ha beat you to it (j/k), that is uf you haven't already.
Old 2009-06-06, 13:13   Link #110
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Could you send me the 22:th patch? The longer, the better >v<
Old 2009-06-06, 13:18   Link #111
Jze0
Hmmm...

The April 1 patch is the longest one, though remember some parts between May 20 and May 22 are either not translated or edited so in my opinion just play until May 20 and then wait for another patch in the near future.
Old 2009-06-06, 21:31   Link #112
Kudryavka

Quote:
Aw darn it, Jze0.
It works with EX, I used it on my copy. However, the game gets a little screwy: whenever a battle commences, Saya floats around the screen and targets Player 2's weapon circle with her gun, two times, then the game asks you "Do you give up?" (Answering yes or no doesn't change anything), and the sprites don't replace themselves onscreen, so you get a sprite 'bullet hell'. I haven't gotten far in the game, so I have no idea what's up with that. And also, when you install the patch, it disables all of the extra EX content (the 3 extra routes, H-scenes, rewritten/added lines), so you can't play it in English OR Japanese. Meaning that the patch transforms your EX game into the original Little Busters! So if you're waiting for this patch, don't buy EX, since Fluffy probably won't make a patch for EX and the patch will disable all the new content.
However, they may make a patch for Little Busters! Converted, which is EX without H-scenes, but keeping the 3 new routes. It's coming out for PC, PS2, and PSP; the PC version was a limited edition pre-order only, though, and there's no sign whether or not Key will sell LB! Converted PC in stores. Hopefully so, but...
Old 2009-06-07, 05:56   Link #113
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Aw darn it, Jze0.
It works with EX, I used it on my copy. However, the game gets a little screwy: whenever a battle commences, Saya floats around the screen and targets Player 2's weapon circle with her gun, two times, then the game asks you "Do you give up?" (Answering yes or no doesn't change anything), and the sprites don't replace themselves onscreen, so you get a sprite 'bullet hell'. I haven't gotten far in the game, so I have no idea what's up with that. And also, when you install the patch, it disables all of the extra EX content (the 3 extra routes, H-scenes, rewritten/added lines), so you can't play it in English OR Japanese. Meaning that the patch transforms your EX game into the original Little Busters! So if you're waiting for this patch, don't buy EX, since Fluffy probably won't make a patch for EX and the patch will disable all the new content.
However, they may make a patch for Little Busters! Converted, which is EX without H-scenes, but keeping the 3 new routes. It's coming out for PC, PS2, and PSP; the PC version was a limited edition pre-order only, though, and there's no sign whether or not Key will sell LB! Converted PC in stores. Hopefully so, but...
Yea I tried the patch on ex and when Saya popped up I was like "Oh no!" but there weren't any major glitches so far. And also, there is coming out an ex version without the H-scenes?! Oh noes... Then I'll have to get that game as well :< And it's pre-ordering... I hope they'll make a patch for the original EX though :<
Old 2009-06-07, 06:14   Link #114
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It is very unlikely, but well, time will tell.

Now, I will sound harsh, but I really really have no idea why applehq took this decision. Most people would buy EX since it is the most up to date game available and it would be really a moronic choice to pay for the first release, and being totally refused to access to the rightful new content (be it the ero or, more interesting, the new routes) is nothing but a hurtful choice.

So far, it doesn't do anything but make more people annoyed by this, but also encourage more piracy, as it would be a bother to pay for an outdated game.
For all it is worth, it is really a choice I cannot comprehend, and putting message like "people will just play for the ero" is really a nonsense: Key was never popular for its ero and it never went too well on that department. Adding the fact one could simply skip the ero in the translation phase or so, excuses like this are a bit hard to swallow.

Of course, any translation group has the right to do whatever they want, but as a member and leader of a VN translation group myself, I have hard time to respect this choice that is detrimental to the major part of the english community (and god knows how few are those who just want the shitty ero of EX...).
Good luck for this group though. The work itself has nothing wrong, just that only choice that is gritting. (and yes, I read everything related to this decision and obviously, things are more complicated with that engine, I won't question that. My only gripes is that decision a while back, that almost labeled the readers as "we only want saya and/or the H!" which is offending like no tomorrow).

If the group policies are different, please be my guest and correct me (I'm after all, basing my post on a lingering and old decision).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-06-07 at 06:39.
Old 2009-06-07, 11:06   Link #115
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

I was using the LB Patch and i found a problem

When Kurugaya helps Mio find her book, there is a portion when Mio sorta thanks Riki, that's where the problem lies.

The translated text appears beside Riki's name and the game gets jammed.

Ctrl does not work.

Yeah, i could provide a screenshot.

Thanks in advance =/

Sorry for posting this here, pls move it if it is not supposed to be here.
Old 2009-06-07, 11:57   Link #116
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
I was using the LB Patch and i found a problem

When Kurugaya helps Mio find her book, there is a portion when Mio sorta thanks Riki, that's where the problem lies.

The translated text appears beside Riki's name and the game gets jammed.

Ctrl does not work.

Yeah, i could provide a screenshot.

Thanks in advance =/

Sorry for posting this here, pls move it if it is not supposed to be here.
Is this in EX or the regular Little Busters? And on what day is it?

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2009-06-07 at 15:53.
Old 2009-06-07, 19:52   Link #117
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Now, I will sound harsh, but I really really have no idea why applehq took this decision. Most people would buy EX since it is the most up to date game available and it would be really a moronic choice to pay for the first release, and being totally refused to access to the rightful new content (be it the ero or, more interesting, the new routes) is nothing but a hurtful choice.
Now of course the amusing thing is that there's a version of EX with the sex scenes removed coming out in a month or so as part of the KEY 10th MEMORIAL BOX.
Old 2009-06-08, 05:14   Link #118
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

And this is where it becomes even "more" amusing: unless Key decides to mass produce this version, it is now impossible for the majority of the english fanbase to have a copy of the game, since
1) the conditions to get this box are less than favorable (price, timing etc)
2) that it is no longer possible to order it, unless finding on auction sites which will be less than funny considering the collector aspect.
3) that those who were able to buy LB probably did with first EX already, so paying again is a bit unlikely.

ergo, you can bet that if they release a patch that is only compatible with the aforementioned version, it will just amplify even more the number of people forced to get it through piracy.
Old 2009-06-08, 10:16   Link #119
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

Quote:
Is this in EX or the regular Little Busters? And on what day is it?
The regular, should i give u a screenshot?
Old 2009-06-08, 19:59   Link #120
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
The regular, should i give u a screenshot?
Sorry, I don't have the regular LB!.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation