AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-02, 08:13   Link #701
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This show was just over the top hilarity every week and somehow all the questionable logic just made me like it even more for its extreme absurdities and ironies. I'm sorry but when Ryouta started crying over the fact that Kuroneko had completely lost her memories right after gaining them, I just couldn't help but laugh so hard. I'm definitely going miss this crazy arse show. The final episode may have been an amusing trainwreck but it also dashed hopes of a second season which is a bit of shame.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 07:02   Link #702
askara

Quote:
Poorly developed backstory between Neko and Valkyria. Okay, so they're sisters... and that's it!
they are sister and probably hardly ever meet but they still dont want to kill each other, what more do you need? or does sisters have to live some live and death drama?

Quote:
The lab is terrible at trying to catch the escaped witches. I actually got the sense they (or Chisato at least) were more interested in testing out their newer subjects than retrieving the missing
well its not that they are terrible at trying to catch them is that cant find them. but it is dumb as hell when Valkyria killed the 7 A rankers. i mean she is completely obedient to Chisato, so why the fick Chisato sent 7 a ranker to controller instead of just order her to kill them. also why not use a ficking Ejector thing to control her?

Quote:
* Kotori gets very little presence compared to Kazumi, or Kana, or Neko. So having her demise be the trigger for the finale is very underwhelming.
Not true. she got 2 episode purely dedicated to her and alot of screen time after if anything

Quote:
Silly things, like Murakami pulling out a paper bag from nowhere and sticking it over Kikako's head, or Neko's awful singing, or Murakami acting like a bab
there will be papar bag in bins of the park. but whats wrong with neko singing? i find that funny and refreshing from all the groom

Quote:
* OP2 sucks, and if what others have deduced was true, an attempt by the producer at a cross-promotion/money-grab.
yea it suck ass. it is certainly promotion/money-grab else why change OP in a 13 ep anime?

but the last ep is crap
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 11:41   Link #703
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
they are sister and probably hardly ever meet but they still dont want to kill each other, what more do you need? or does sisters have to live some live and death drama?
They actually met more often than one would think from the anime, since it has omitted a lot of dialogue between them.
like for example.

Spoiler for Some Neko Valkyria Dialogue from the Manga:

Quote:
well its not that they are terrible at trying to catch them is that cant find them. but it is dumb as hell when Valkyria killed the 7 A rankers. i mean she is completely obedient to Chisato, so why the fick Chisato sent 7 a ranker to controller instead of just order her to kill them. also why not use a ficking Ejector thing to control her?
Because her Harnest is special, and meant to be not so easy to eject.
She is also not as obedient as you seem to think (just take that mountain she blew off right at the start as an example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantenney56 View Post
Im going to clarify a few things.
Spoiler for information anime didn't explain:
Spoiler for Answer to comparison:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 12:30   Link #704
askara

Quote:
Because her Harnest is special, and meant to be not so easy to eject.
She is also not as obedient as you seem to think (just take that mountain she blew off right at the start as an example)
the question is why does she have a special harnest? why not a normal one? and why is there no ejector or something to controll her? i mean what prevent her to go back to the lab and massacre every one? plot hole i guess

and she blew off the mountain before Chisato when out to get her. she is completely obedient to Chisato that she will even kill Neko. which again bring us to the question of why did Chisato sent Valkyrie and 7 A ranker control her when she obey his every command in the first place? it makes no sense
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 18:26   Link #705
Domonkazu

gonna miss Kotori's stuttering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Did everyone really already forget Nanami? Did we not already see Murakami standing at the foot of her grave in the forest? Or was I dreaming? I don't remember if the other grave was in the manga or not, but there's no doubt in my mind that it's Kotori's.
well duh, Nanami's made us to forget her too, for some reason it doesn't work for many of us.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2014-07-04 at 00:37. Reason: please don't double post
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 23:12   Link #706
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
the question is why does she have a special harnest? why not a normal one? and why is there no ejector or something to controll her? i mean what prevent her to go back to the lab and massacre every one? plot hole i guess

and she blew off the mountain before Chisato when out to get her. she is completely obedient to Chisato that she will even kill Neko. which again bring us to the question of why did Chisato sent Valkyrie and 7 A ranker control her when she obey his every command in the first place? it makes no sense
She has it for the Sake of their institutes ultimate goal and also for the sake of having a weapon. They have no problem at all controlling her inside the facility.

Either way it takes longer for her to hang up with that harnest. Just think about economically - If you drive from Texas to Washington would you use a car needing
10 l/100km or 5 l/100 km fuel?

It should also be mentioned that the witches sent with her where specialized in Defense Magic, and Hatsuna wasn't supposed to be one of them either.

She also disobeyed him a lot more than shown in the anime and always sought ways she can let Neko slip under the Radar.

Other than that she could be as much of a klutz as Neko.

You should really read the Manga if you want to know all that stuff though since loads of information was changed or omitted.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 03:18   Link #707
TimeSkip

Quote:

Chisato doesn't send those A-rankers to control Valkyrie. He simply uses them as an excuse so that he can take Valkyrie out of the org. Chisato knows Valkyrie can wipe them out instantly no matter how many of them. Chisato wants to ditch the org to fulfill his goal and to do that he needs Valkyrie as his bodyguard. Btw, Chisato's goal and org's are different. He's a siscon whose only goal is to revive his sister.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 22:02   Link #708
Galacticichi

Sad this ended in such a mess, but it was fun and enjoyable before episode 11. It led me to the manga so I'm grateful for this anime but I don't know why screenwriters/directors do things like this. What goes through your head when you cram 60+ chapters in 3 episodes? It just made me so annoyed that they would do that to a good story. It just downplays and degrades the plot, which I found interesting and much more coherent than this mess. I'll continue the manga as long as it gets translated, but I'm walking away from this with a bad taste in my mouth. 6/10
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 02:27   Link #709
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow.... They really squeezed 10+ chapters in one episode...
what a horrible adaptation in last episode

at least, we could hear Kana's voice *finally no more mechanical voice*
and they didn't show how Hatsuna healed herself and Kazumi

but I must give compliment to Kotori and Kuroneko at last episode
Kotori's last words are touching and Kuroneko is very adorable and honest when she recover her memories.. so both of them already fall in love with each other since childhood

I doubt season 2 would be here... I think I'll go with manga for now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:24   Link #710
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

So I've finally finished the series, and... It wasn't too bad. Wasn't too good, either. I honestly expected Kuroneko's power to bring a Gainax ending though, so I'm a little disappointed.

And you got to admit the first OP was awesome.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:26   Link #711
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Gokukoku no Brynhildr. Last Thoughts

Finally, I finished Gokukoku no Brynhildr after slacking off for about three weeks.

I do appreciate Okamoto Lynn for developing the story, but the anime adaptation produced by ARMS, I think, has too many faults which were worsened at how they chose to close everything with the last episode.

As many of us pointed out, in contrast to Elfen Lied, Brynhildr is more lighthearted that easily outweighs and overwhelms the sinister and darker shades of the show.

After all that those girls went through in that crazy lab, they quickly adapted to a normal lifestyle thanks to meeting Ryouta; the girls are also very forgiving.

At the end of the show, two girls, whom Ryouta truly cared for died, and he witnessed their deaths without much for him to help: the first one was Nanami, and in the final episode Kotori.
The epilogue shows a few positive outlooks among them is Ryouta with his harem taking another stroll to stargazing with now Neko, Kana, Kazumi, and Hatsuna.

Many issues I got after watching the show:
1. Chisato protected Mako from the gunfire when for most of the show was presented as a callous, cold, and ruthless only obsessed to revive his dead sister Rena at whatever means and cost.

2. I'm not bothered if that Council of Elders is still at large and doing their research unopposed, but the anime presented as too very distant to become a real threat for our main cast.

3. Hexengard, the resistance movement that opposes Chisato and that Council. Even if they worked together with Ryouta and his harem towards the end of season to prevent the threat, that doesn't mean they'll remain in amicable terms with each other.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the epilogue the inside of their base of operations looked a little semblance to the observatory that Ryouta's harem reside in; I think that was just sort of type of in-joke from the producer's part.

4. Mainly that the girls' suffering overall was for most of the show downplayed iin order to present the lighthearted moments as much as possible.

As far as I perceived, Chisato attempted to pull out a quasi-Instrumentality trope in order to revive his sister.

The Council of Elders are working towards the goal of pulling out their own version of the quasi-Instrumentality trope in order to revive the Prime Alien Lifeform.

The girls just want to live as much as possible to confess their love to Ryouta except that again things turned out mostly bitter for Ryouta since Kotori died, and Neko lost her memories again in order to save Ryouta and the others along with most of Japan being destroyed by her madly-in-love sister.

And, they have to pull out a sort of DEUS EX-MACHINA to either revive or heal Kazumi from absolute death. Or maybe not a deus ex-machina since Hatsuna, after all, was able to restore herself and survived taking Kotori's place in Ryouta's harem.

I guess the show started good, but rushing things towards the end in order to have a proper closure was a bad idea. Anyways, thanks to the anime I'm now eager to try out the manga, and witness how much the path deviates between the two.

If I have to say other things so memorable about this show, then that will be the soundtrack. The soundtrack is mired with rich emotions that touched my heart, and I like the piano rendition of the first OP the most.

Overall, Brynhildr, at times can fill your expectations and at other times will dissapoint you. However, if you're an Okamoto Lynn fan, then it deserves your time and forming part of your collection.

That's the seventh show concluded for the 2014 Spring Anime season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 08:11   Link #712
EroKing

Old 2014-10-31, 14:28   Link #713
DreiFast

I hope i don't ever get to watch such a show again, don't get me wrong for the most part it was executed fairly well, but it felt way to cruel overall for me even the aftermath. It was even worse as far as i'm concerned then Elfen Lied, the reason was because while you never quite saw as clearly as in elfen lied what they have been through, the way there eyes where full of love for the smallest things (like a piece of cake) or how they enjoyed the smallest thing had more of an impact on me as to showing what they have been through.
Spoiler for Not to mention extra quirks like
:

I don't know but whenever i saw them i couldn't shake the feeling of a fate worse then death in that lab just by watching them, and that i guess managed to have a harsher influence on me then actual visual imagery.
DreiFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 07:03   Link #714
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the OVA is hilarious... with bunch of fanservices

well, seeing Kotori again it's little sad... and I really hope they put Nanami in OVA but it seems like she got no chance
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 22:24   Link #715
Terransheep
Hai... masta...
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Terransheep Send a message via Yahoo to Terransheep
I Finally finished this anime!! First of all, I'm glad my friend told me that the same author did Elfen Lied made this. I really enjoyed this anime, but however, there are also pros and cons.

It wasn't presented as strong as Elfen Lied. I hate cliffhangers, so that's why I always watch my anime when they finished airing. (That's why I'm ALWAYS late coming on discussion forums like here) GnB didn't have a lot of cliffhangers, so the plot for each ep wasn't really well planned compared to EL. I'm comparing them a lot coz they're from same arthur but I do enjoy both shows.

I already ordered GnB blue-ray and waiting on the shipping I would love to watch again in Eng sub and would gladly keep it as my collection beside EL DVD (yup, it didn't have blue-ray around that time)

Lynn in GnB did improve in some plots, but yeah I do HAVE TO agree with some of you who pointed out some plot holes. And some of you already came up with a solution "duh... coz this is anime? fiction?" haha yes, I do agree with that. A lot of anime's plots do go extreme out of general logic, so yes, I'm following that rule here. I get whatever explaination I can get from the plot, and if I can't find the rest, I'll just skip them and let it slide. Afterall, I still do enjoy this anime!

I love all the characters in this anime. They feel like they all serve purposes. either comedy or tragic sadness. Like Nanami, I'm sure there are people who already forgot her (lol, like one of the first few sentences she said in the anime too…A question rather… “Are you going to forget me…?” damn, so sad….). But I do remember her, and her abilities still do give me goosebumps. I would agree that she has one of the best abilities. She could be a God (indirectly, coz she can just wipe whoever's causing trouble, and make them nice person again by overwriting their memories. LOL and the indrect kiss song~ Love KuroNeko!!!!)

Next! I would like to express my love to KuroNeko~ she's my favorite now, and she pretty much beat Lucy >U< !! The characters are much more loveable in GnB compare to EL for me~ I'm not sure if it's the art, but I think the art of recent animes are always better than the ones that came out 2004 (EL came out that year, I do believe.) But KuroNeko is still super cute when she's jealous, or singing her own made up song on the fly. LOL One of you stated that she's actually singing the magical girl song, just that she changed the lyrics? LOL Damn, then I gotta watch that anime! but there's so many magical girl animes... oh well~ a bit off topic here~ but yes, KuroNeko does seem to be my girl~ personalities or appearance. I found it smart that the mole changed its location around the armpit XD (some times this anime is just so smart, sometimes it's so dumb, just like you guys said.) Throughout the whole series, I always just thought she's KuroNeko, or force my brain to believe that she's alive. I mean, come on. They're childhood friends, of course they'll just shorten or call each other nick names. And Neko's real name is way too close to KuroNeko, so it's a dead giveaway that she's her! Plus she looks so alike to her~! (I still need to find out how she survived the fall in the manga, which I'll soon be heading over and check it out from the very first chapter.)

Kana's was so loveable in the first few ep, but I do feel her screen time got cut off when they continue to put in girls in the pan. Or she just stopped seeing people dying. Since that's her ability... Anyways, I still do love lolita in wheelchair. She reminds me of cute doll in Bloodbourne~ Love her bad mouthing and calling the MC hentai in the first few eps XD

Ok, and there's Kazumi~ She's really funny, and quite important in the group. Both her witch ability and her ero/comedy. Some of you stated that she wanted to have sex just to have sex. some of you said she wanted a life/baby. I would say she just wanted to have sex. She even said that in the last ep. She didn't wanna die a virgin. Somehow the arthur has a thing about "Girls shouldn't die a virgin". It happened in EL too, the scientist's assistant was saying the exact same thing XD. But yeah, I would say she just wanted to experience sex. I couldn't really tell if she's really in love with MC, since she's always joking around but this is harem series, so I would say most girls in the group have some kind of romantic feeling towards MC. Some of you said that there's no way a guy in high school can turn away a girl when she's throwing herself onto him. I did when I was a teen and in high school. So I could safely said , yes , not all guys want any girl to sleep with. Well, I wasn't desperate too. And plus the MC already said that her chest isn’t his cup of tea, so I would guess that’s another major reason he didn’t do it XD!! But anyways, I agree with some of you that this is a harem series, so the MC would most likely not do anything. They always let the audiences pick their own type of girls to be their waifu.

Next~ Kotori~~ She's really awesome too!! I love her as well! (not just cuase that I'm boob person) She's really innocent at times. Her story is sad and it's even more sad to see her go. Most of the girls in mid series said they don't really care when they die, like when they're discussing who is the only one to live without the pills getting ready. It sure was a surprise that she’s carrying the death bomb for the whole world. She’s really brave and picked the choice for the greater good… She’ll be remembered! Other than that, she’s just as enjoyable to be with, and she’s really good with cooking~ They always say~ the way to make a guy fall in love with you is to feed his stomach first~ haha!

Ok, I would admit I didn’t like Hatsuna that much, even though her ability saved lives in this anime. I just care too much of her… Maybe is coz she kept the pills to herself and won’t share the others. She also took the MC’s first kiss. I also hated how she would choose a life and death way to prove that the MC is a nice person… I hate characters who make stupid decisions just to prove a simple thing. Cute to see KuroNeko getting jealous and walked away though… XD

And yeah… I have to agree with some of you saying that Chisato changed way too sudden near the end of the last ep to save Mako. He would go from a total douche who doesn’t are about anyone unless they’re his dead sister.

Another thing I don’t about Mako is that…. She’s just totally in love with Chisato or is she just being crazy? Or both? Like the MC said, “They’re both out of their minds”. “A slap across the face would stop her”… I actually kept that in mind throughout the last few ep… LOL! Since her harnest is different from others XD “You just gotta slap her across the face to stop her!” XD But yeah, it’s still kinda sad to see sisters fighting against each other, although I’m not sure if they’re sisters by blood, or just simply calling each other sisters when they’re both in the lab…? In Asian culture, we do call someone sister/brother more often than western culture. Even though we’re not blood related, so yeah, it could mean anything…

Either way, I think I’m done for now~ I do love Lynn’s work. I love how he would kill any characters off in EL, but not so much in GnB though… a shame, but still, there were a lot of moments that just gave me goosebumps, and still continue to do so. I would be off to rewatch this anime for a while, just like I did with EL. There’s way too many shocking moments in EL though… each episode just makes me want to continue watching~ not soo much in GnB, sadly. I still enjoy both! Pros and cons! ~Fin~

Tags
ecchi, fanservice, harem, horror, sci-fi, seinen, violence