AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 05:43   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 471 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Enjoy. Maybe now that we've gotten some details on the fullbringers backgrounds, you'll start to feel bad for them and care for them more--especially for the ones who've already lost.
Old 2011-11-02, 05:45   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest I don't really understand their back stories. Sure they've had crappy lives but why did they connect this to a minority persecution complex?
Old 2011-11-02, 05:45   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for Worse cliffhanger ever! (Spoilers):
Old 2011-11-02, 06:16   Link #4
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

a good flashback and it's really a weird way to tell their past like that...

anyway, I still can't see how everything is going on.... would the fullbringers join Ichigo's side or not?? (since they are actually a good people)

boring.... hahaha
Old 2011-11-02, 06:18   Link #5
Alchemist007
*Author

It's like Kubo thought up some interesting stuff about their pasts and made it one chapter. I mean each of it could've been a good manga in its own damn right (not for Bleach). But I guess we'll see where he's going with it...
Old 2011-11-02, 08:24   Link #6
Langus
Optimus Prime

Seriously?

That chapter was like reading disconnected plot concepts from a kid with ADHD. It jumped all over the place with no cohesion at all. None of those back stories were even fleshed out enough to make them worthwhile. I can't believe an editor approved that mess.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:51   Link #7
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Really? It made perfect sense to me. Riruka is basically monologing about their past and how Ginjo appeared at their worst moments and gave them something to live for. All of them felt isolated and ended up with powers they didn't really understand.

It's basically a twisted mirror version of Ichigo's and his human friends/family. They're all strong together, rely and depend on each other, have strong abilities, etc.

The problem here is that there is no way to know how much of this is "correct" because of Tsukishima's hax powers. What they remember is distorted by his ability to insert himself into their past, so there's no telling what he's manipulated. So while it's all fun and interesting, it's ultimately meaningless and hard to find empathy for because there's so much uncertainty airing over these fights.

I'm not quite sure what is going on at the end of the chapter though. Is Riruka activating some kind of self destruct? I can't be arsed to read back to earlier chapters if it's been shown before.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:01   Link #8
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Seriously?

That chapter was like reading disconnected plot concepts from a kid with ADHD. It jumped all over the place with no cohesion at all. None of those back stories were even fleshed out enough to make them worthwhile. I can't believe an editor approved that mess.
at least we got more content in one chapter. i was surprised by the amount of time i spent reading it, it usually takes me a lot less time to read a bleach chapter because of the seemingly lack of content.

the lack of cohesion wasn't the real problem for me though, it was the fact that these back stories came a tad too late. their stories should have been introduced before the fights happened, that way i would have felt at least an ounce of sympathy for them before they were beaten. right now i could care less about them. my interest has already gone to the byakuya and tsukishima fight.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:31   Link #9
Kallen4life

qq cry more

show us Byakushi !

Ginjou is ugly as hell on that one page =/
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-11-02, 11:32   Link #10
SeanQ

What...so the guy tests the ability to kill someone without touching them on his wife -_- does that make any sense? He must have really hated her...
Old 2011-11-02, 11:46   Link #11
Calca
Expressionless

All I got from the chapter was that their powers killed everyone they loved

...I think
Old 2011-11-02, 11:58   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Felt no sympathy whatsoever for the Fullbringers...even then ones with the tragic pasts...

Just think that Kubo is too late on showing their backstories to make me feel anything bout them. By now I just want them dead so the plot can move on....
Old 2011-11-02, 12:30   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Supposedly all of their pasts are tragic, but whatever, I don't care much about that. It was a good chapter, definitely better than most, but..."next week, Byakuya VS Tsukishima"!? If only Kubo could leave the simultaneous fights to OTHER people who pull it off much better T_T Anyways, the FB team now has a background! Too bad they're almost dead now, but still, better than leaving it all in the air.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:31   Link #14
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Kubo we don't care about their back stories -___-.
These fights are pathetic.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:05   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, seeing these backstories a while back would have made a lot more sense. Their placement has left me not caring at all. At this point i just want to see what half arse way is Kubo going to end Byakuya VS Tsukishima.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:11   Link #16
AvalonCode

OMG!! Now they make filler for manga?? Jeez man why couldnt Kubo jus do it the old fashioned way and give us the "Back Story" upon their deaths. Chapter was lackluster this week. T.T

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-11-02, 14:02   Link #17
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

i'll go against the grain and straight up say that chapter was awesome. the idea of using the disjointed flashback scene to tell a story made for a brilliant change of pace from the normal drivel that's been going on for the past couple of chapters - it's such a pity they're so short!

i can't wait for these chapters to be animated.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-11-02, 14:06   Link #18
sayde

Enough people have already stated what was primarily on my mind regarding the chapter. So I'm gonna try not to beat that dead horse much further. About the only thing I will say regarding the issue is that I could've done without the backstories period. I hate it when Kubo devotes time into fleshing out characters who ultimately end up dead--especially when he does so immediately before they die. But now he's trying to develop them after they die!? I didn't care much about them then, and I certainly don't care about them now that they're gone. But who knows? Maybe...just maybe, the fullbringers who lost will actually come back somehow. So maybe that's why Kubo decided to shed some light onto their pasts now of all times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for Worse cliffhanger ever! (Spoilers):
Well we all know it's not like she's in any real danger of getting killed. So that pretty much takes all the suspense out of it right there IMO. lol
Old 2011-11-02, 14:14   Link #19
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

The chapter was...interesting cant really say I felt any of there backstory was really tragic well "Dirty Boots" chick is the only one everybody else pretty much seemed to start of doing crazy stuff with their powers Great next is byakuya and tsukshima although is it just me or does anyone else get the two confused in the panels
Old 2011-11-02, 14:33   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Enough people have already stated what was primarily on my mind regarding the chapter. So I'm gonna try not to beat that dead horse much further. About the only thing I will say regarding the issue is that I could've done without the backstories period. I hate it when Kubo devotes time into fleshing out characters who ultimately end up dead--especially when he does so immediately before they die. But now he's trying to develop them after they die!? I didn't care much about them then, and I certainly don't care about them now that they're gone. But who knows? Maybe...just maybe, the fullbringers who lost will actually come back somehow. So maybe that's why Kubo decided to shed some light onto their pasts now of all times.
Well we all know it's not like she's in any real danger of getting killed. So that pretty much takes all the suspense out of it right there IMO. lol
In this case though, I don't think they're actually gonna die. Well most of them anyway...
Closed Thread