AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 08:02   Link #81
Kirarakim

Gen Urobuchi twisting a Fujoshi show, well that could be fun.

Okay I know that isn't what it really means.
Old 2012-08-14, 09:09   Link #82
Cloudy

Looks like my prediction that Gen is the writer which was made months ago may be right
Old 2012-08-14, 09:32   Link #83
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Gen Urobuchi twisting a Fujoshi show, well that could be fun.

Okay I know that isn't what it really means.
Fujoshi fans had Togainu no Chi so it shouldn't be that much of a stretch for them.
Old 2012-08-14, 09:40   Link #84
Katapan
俺様祭り

Urobuchi + Otomedia spread... HMMM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puella Magi Wikia
In talking about relationships in his body of works, Urobuchi revealed his beliefs about same sex relationships, "whatever relationship that could exist between male and female it should also exist between couples of same sex." Aside from the difference in body parts, he did not see a male and female relationship as special or unique. He believes that the same kind of love is possible between same sex couples as well. Urobuchi stated he may even write about a love relationship between two men in the future.
Never forget!
(And no, I'm not realistically hoping for this to have BL elements. As amazing as that may turn out to be.)
Old 2012-08-14, 09:49   Link #85
Cloudy

I wonder if the ED song would be Rinkaku by Dir en grey since from what I heard it is going to be released this Winter and their music somewhat fits the grimdark tone of Gen.
Old 2012-08-14, 09:57   Link #86
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
I wonder if the ED song would be Rinkaku by Dir en grey since from what I heard it is going to be released this Winter and their music somewhat fits the grimdark tone of Gen.
I'm expecting however that the opening theme will be performed by SPYAIR (which I currently listen to their songs)
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:57   Link #87
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Urobuchi + Otomedia spread... HMMM.

Never forget!
(And no, I'm not realistically hoping for this to have BL elements. As amazing as that may turn out to be.)
On the one hand, noitaminA did a sci-fi series full of ho-yay last year, so there is precedent. On the other, there was a pretty strong, "Eww! Gay cooties!" reaction.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 11:00   Link #88
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Fujoshi fans had Togainu no Chi so it shouldn't be that much of a stretch for them.
I hope you mean the original games.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:07   Link #89
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I hope you mean the original games.
It was also an anime.
Old 2012-08-14, 12:20   Link #90
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It was also an anime.
It was a bit offtopic, but the reason the anime is nonexistant to most fans is that it terribly suffers QUALITY (definition : lazy, drawn out) animation. I hope Psycho-Pass won't suffer stuff like that, even though it wasn't an adaptation.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:51   Link #91
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It would certainly fun to see Urobuchi do a fujoshi should with serious BL elements - watching his narrow-minded otaku fanboys have their heads explode would be like the Fourth of July.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:58   Link #92
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It would certainly fun to see Urobuchi do a fujoshi should with serious BL elements - watching his narrow-minded otaku fanboys have their heads explode would be like the Fourth of July.
Yeah I can just see the comments about people complaining about the show now. I have to admit the show might be interesting but I am not looking forward to the "no yaoi" comments.

Of course this is just wild speculation based on what the magazine the show is being advertised in. We really don't know anything yet.
Old 2012-08-14, 13:12   Link #93
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I would be down for some well written BL with good characters. Close-minded people need not apply.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 07:25   Link #94
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
On the one hand, noitaminA did a sci-fi series full of ho-yay last year, so there is precedent. On the other, there was a pretty strong, "Eww! Gay cooties!" reaction.
The overwhelming negativity might have been a reaction to the horrible ending, although I note that if a show has gay characters it gets much more criticism in general.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 09:05   Link #95
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
The overwhelming negativity might have been a reaction to the horrible ending, although I note that if a show has gay characters it gets much more criticism in general.
No No. 6 ending was horrible but the criticism of what Utsuro no Hako is referring to started pretty much immediately.

But really it's not just No. 6 anytime male characters have a close relationship, even if it just friendship you will start hearing the cries of complaint of even the slim chance the characters might be more than friends. And god forbid if some female fan girls see it that way.
Old 2012-08-15, 09:34   Link #96
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Urobuchi may be one of the writers of this anime?? Picking the fuck up.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:52   Link #97
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I would be down for some well written BL with good characters. Close-minded people need not apply.
I don't really think "well written/good characters" when I think Urobuchi but it's noitaminA so I'll check the first episodes out.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:46   Link #98
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
I don't really think "well written/good characters" when I think Urobuchi but it's noitaminA so I'll check the first episodes out.
I double you, I don't get why Urobuchi is so popular at all. To me he always tended to be "That guy who likes to insert "DARK" twists and creates characters as flat as tsundere's chest". Though I only checked his last works like Madoka and Fate/Zero.

Last edited by Grim_Reaper; 2012-08-15 at 15:17.
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:58   Link #99
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
No No. 6 ending was horrible but the criticism of what Utsuro no Hako is referring to started pretty much immediately.
I was very disappointed with No 6 overall and I like BL hinted stuff. It just didn't work from the beginning.

As I said in the Natsuyuki thread after epi 1, noitaminA is usually a slam dunk for me but lately, No 6, Guilty Crown, Natsuyuki just aren't doing it for me. Im really hoping this bring back when I love about noitaminA, quirky titles that have impressive characters and animation that is really good. Looking forward to see what Psycho-pass brings to the table.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:57   Link #100
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Characters are generally defined by what they do and what they say. Their manners of speech in dialogue is what characterizes them in most cases, along with how they react in the scenarios they find themselves in. Urobuchi's strength as a writer is in delivering compelling dialogue which defines characters well, and also interesting scenarios to allow each character to shine.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller