AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 24 53.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-19, 17:02   Link #21
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for Reply to spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Also Anego was always smiling during whole season 1. It is kinda hard to take her words seriously when they were never shown to be true until this flashback.
I assume she learned to force a smile at some point before she met the Little Busters. If her laughing face ever looked awkward at any point, that was probably deliberate on the animators' part, since her VN's sprite was drawn to be awkward when laughing. The stoic sound she makes when laughing is also deliberate.

Here's the sprite for anyone who's interested:

Images
Kurugaya laughing in the VN
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-10-19 at 17:24.
Old 2013-10-19, 17:44   Link #22
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Really couldn't of asked for much better, perfect episode and the feels. ;_;

And yeah, while it might be difficult to talk in absolutes, I think the general idea regarding Yuiko is that she had trouble experiencing different emotions since she was young and the Little busters, and especially riki, gave her a place to feel home.
Old 2013-10-19, 17:53   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, to be fair, I took Kurugaya's comment to mean that she never smiled until she met the Little Busters. And Season 1 doesn't really contradict that, imo.

And even in Season 1, Kurugaya's smile was usually pretty slight and her laughter often had this "Star Trek's Data faking laughter" feeling to it.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-10-19 at 18:14.
Old 2013-10-19, 18:06   Link #24
Deathscyther

That was a beautiful episode. Kurugaya's route was handled much better than the routes of season 1. While executing Kurugaya's route very nicely, JC Staff managed to turn her route into some kind of prologue to Refrain as well. Well done. I'm having high hopes for the last two routes.

Kurugaya's route was animated without delving too much into romance, but JC Staff still got the message across that Kurugaya indeed has feelings for Riki. This made the ending of her 'wish' really sad. I wasn't expecting 'Song for friends' at this point, so it kind of surprised me, but it really fit the moment and made me feel even more depressed. Thankfully, they left out the ED after this. (There's a certain studio that could learn something from this...)
Old 2013-10-19, 18:13   Link #25
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Thankfully, they left out the ED after this. (There's a certain studio that could learn something from this...)
Good point. This was not the time for a blissful happy ED.

Although I'm curious about the studio you're referring to.
Old 2013-10-19, 18:15   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Although I'm curious about the studio you're referring to.
KyoAni with AS ep16 & 21 ending with Torch.
Old 2013-10-19, 18:49   Link #27
taichi-kun

Yeah Anego's laughter sounds weird(and awesome) indeed,so this is the reason... It wasn't something natural..

Also "Protect Rin " wtf!!??? I need refrain...
Old 2013-10-19, 20:41   Link #28
kitten320

I guess I'll have to skip through season 1 again. Her laugh seemed fine to me.
Old 2013-10-19, 21:59   Link #29
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I like this adaptation more than the actual arc in the game. GJ JC and staff.
Was there anything different in the main plot of this arc?

I expected this would be the last episode for Yuiko's arc because all the other arcs each had 3 episodes.
Old 2013-10-19, 22:50   Link #30
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

That was quite well done, and fairly subtle. That's something I wasn't sure I'd ever say about this show. I clearly need to watch more Key-based anime, because the magical-seeming nature of the mystery, and many of the girls' problems and/or solutions have a largely unreal aspect to them. It still seems weird to me. That's just a personal issue though, not an actual problem with the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Really couldn't of asked for much better, perfect episode and the feels. ;_;
This has nothing to do with your point (which I agree with), but that should read "couldn't have asked". I realise that it's not the end of the world, but it's a pet peeve of mine when the shortened have ('ve) becomes "of". It seems to be getting increasing common online, sorry to go all grammar nazi.
Old 2013-10-19, 23:23   Link #31
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
This has nothing to do with your point (which I agree with), but that should read "couldn't have asked". I realise that it's not the end of the world, but it's a pet peeve of mine when the shortened have ('ve) becomes "of". It seems to be getting increasing common online, sorry to go all grammar nazi.
I tend to omit words when I type in general, so you'll probably be annoyed more than once when reading my posts. My typing doesn't match up with what is going through my head a lot .
Old 2013-10-19, 23:42   Link #32
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I tend to omit words when I type in general, so you'll probably be annoyed more than once when reading my posts. My typing doesn't match up with what is going through my head a lot .
Hah, I know how that feels. That particular thing- I get where it comes from. It is the same sound, after all. I get annoyed about lot of inconsequential things- "PIN number" instead of PIN, "ATM machine" instead of just ATM, incorrect use of "your", "their", or "it's", and bad apostrophe use. It's probably just my perfectionist streak at work. I should stop being off-topic though.
Old 2013-10-19, 23:44   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Was there anything different in the main plot of this arc?

I expected this would be the last episode for Yuiko's arc because all the other arcs each had 3 episodes.
Spoiler for Anime/VN comparison:
Old 2013-10-19, 23:53   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ok I kinda don't get what happened here?
Its extremely hard to get what happened to her there even though I watched clannad oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-10-20, 00:07   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Ok I kinda don't get what happened here?
Its extremely hard to get what happened to her there even though I watched clannad oO
Kurugaya and Riki wished the fun days never end -> Days start repeating, only they remember -> Riki confronts Kurugaya -> Kurugaya explains that she only started being happy when she joined the LB -> Kurugaya tells Riki to protect Rin -> The days stop repeating -> Riki forgets everything

What hasn't been explained...well, you've watched Clannad and we're only 3 episodes in. You do the math.
Old 2013-10-20, 00:12   Link #36
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

9/10 because Song for Friends
Old 2013-10-20, 00:14   Link #37
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Kurugaya and Riki wished the fun days never end -> Days start repeating, only they remember -> Riki confronts Kurugaya -> Kurugaya explains that she only started being happy when she joined the LB -> Kurugaya tells Riki to protect Rin -> The days stop repeating -> Riki forgets everything

What hasn't been explained...well, you've watched Clannad and we're only 3 episodes in. You do the math.
I got it up to that part, but I was actually expecting her to die or something now.
Some kind of explaination what happened to her in the first place. Or a world that has already ended >>

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-10-20, 01:17   Link #38
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
The storytelling thus far is really well done - am enjoying the series! Wish other VN's could get a similar skilled adaptation.... Ah well.
Old 2013-10-20, 03:52   Link #39
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Good job, might as well use Kurugaya's arc as a stepping stone for Refrain, seeing as how they already botched the other arcs. In all seriousness, this was a great episode, especially if contained in just the anime. Looks like Refrain is going to be a solid stand-alone anime, worthy of an 8-9 rating at this rate. As opposed to the 5-6 the first season almost universally gets on vote sites. They're actually telling an intriguing story now, good stuff!
Old 2013-10-20, 04:51   Link #40
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Holy fuck that ending was ;; It was just a little wish for Yuiko, but nothing lasts forever and as we could see the dream world was decaying. She really didn't have too much emotion until she met the Little Busters and we could kind of see it that her behavior was somewhat forced. And then she finally reveals her true colors, but it doesn't seem like anyone will remember. Tragic really, and is this really the last of her? :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread