AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-27, 23:22   Link #521
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
i smell a nuclear weapon in the near future in CG world
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 04:38   Link #522
EnKor
Bzzt.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Purging distant worlds.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i smell a nuclear weapon in the near future in CG world
I wonder if Nina knows that radiation from unstable isotopes=bad?
EnKor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 04:42   Link #523
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i smell a nuclear weapon in the near future in CG world
Let's hope not.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 04:43   Link #524
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i smell a nuclear weapon in the near future in CG world
An observation that has been made since the end of R1.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 11:50   Link #525
JMvS
Rawrrr!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CH aka Chocaholic Heaven
Age: 34
Well at least Turn 8 showed us that also in CG, even if you have enough uranium, a high-tech workshop and Einstein as your last name, there's no way a single high schooler would build a complete nuclear bomb in two days.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 06:33   Link #526
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 34
I was under the impression that the Gawain was completely crushed by the water pressure at the end of R1 so there's no point in recovering it.

Also rember in the episode were the chinese invaded and Laksharta was talking about completing the Hadron cannon she was looking at a full technical schematic of it on screen so instead of upgrading it i would make more sense for her to make a similar type of mech but enhace it with her own tech like giving it shields like Guren .

Also the Gawain was a prototype unit and we all know that in anime that protypes are approximately 100000% better than there mass produced counterparts.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 10:50   Link #527
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Yukana said that was what happened in an interview, though some think she was kidding. I always concluded that it would eventually explode because of water pressure because of how it just kept sinking deeper and deeper.

She does seem to have kept data on it and it would be silly of her not to.

Prototypes are better sometimes because they haven't be streamlined for use with regular soldiers.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 12:04   Link #528
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Prototypes are better sometimes because they haven't be streamlined for use with regular soldiers.
And more often then not are the test bed for new technologies as well.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 12:11   Link #529
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Usually these weapons are more powerful since they haven't been entirely streamlined.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 12:22   Link #530
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Hm is there a reason why Lancelot's rifle isn't an equipment for the Vincent?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 12:25   Link #531
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Perhaps or maybe they haven't found a way to cheaply mass produce it.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 14:09   Link #532
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yukana said that was what happened in an interview, though some think she was kidding. I always concluded that it would eventually explode because of water pressure because of how it just kept sinking deeper and deeper.
Actually it'd implode due to water pressure - the only way for it to explode would be if the sakuradite components get liquefied and suddenly ignited. I remember reading a while ago a theory according to which submarines whose hulls ruptured at excessive depths would find their air instantly igniting due to the pressure change, but I haven't come across material that either confirms or contradicts this. Not to mention that there are very few testimonies about what happens when a sub sinks...and imploding hulls are nearly synonymous of certain, instant death.
Quote:
Prototypes are better sometimes because they haven't be streamlined for use with regular soldiers.
Not to mention that for R&D's sake, they benefit from closer, more thorough maintenance and higher-quality spare parts. Furthermore, prototypes aren't usually handed out to rookies just for the sake of determining whether the new model can be driven/piloted by the first idiot in sight. Either it's an ace behind the controls or it's a veteran. Never a greenhorn.
Quote:
Perhaps or maybe they haven't found a way to cheaply mass produce it.
That, or they do not find the need to mass produce it this soon - their AICW-like weapon (I know it rather looks like a crossbreed between an MP7 and an XM29 SABR, thank you) still does its job so if it ain't broken, don't fix it...yet. The Float System is much more useful as it provides a dramatic increase in mobility (which is paramount in a war of movement, not to mention field tactics), so I can understand if most of the money was allotted to FS R&D rather than the VARIS. Also, I rather see that rifle as a long range, high-precision weapon, whereas the standard assault rifle can provide higher rates of fire while being more compact...which are two assets I'm certain Knights would appreciate if they are to engage in CQB or in MOUTs (Military Operations in Urban Territory).
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-05-29 at 16:21.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 21:08   Link #533
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
That, or they do not find the need to mass produce it this soon - their AICW-like weapon (I know it rather looks like a crossbreed between an MP7 and an XM29 SABR, thank you) still does its job so if it ain't broken, don't fix it...yet. The Float System is much more useful as it provides a dramatic increase in mobility (which is paramount in a war of movement, not to mention field tactics), so I can understand if most of the money was allotted to FS R&D rather than the VARIS. Also, I rather see that rifle as a long range, high-precision weapon, whereas the standard assault rifle can provide higher rates of fire while being more compact...which are two assets I'm certain Knights would appreciate if they are to engage in CQB or in MOUTs (Military Operations in Urban Territory).
I'm not suggesting the Varis should replace their standard rifle, rather that I am wondering why we have not seen a mass production type Varis as an equipment option. The Varis can to comparable damage as their shoulder cannons, yet is more compact. With the introduction of the float system into their forces the Varis is a great support weapon in the air where the shoulder cannon may not be an option.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 21:50   Link #534
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Presumably the Varis needs a sturdy frame to handle recoil so a regular mass produced unit couldn't handle it. The only other Britannian unit that could handle it at the moment would be the Vincent and we've only seen two in use so far. Rolo's which carried no optional hand held weapon at all because either Rolo didn't want one or it was a test model and they didn't think to give it one, and Guilford's which has the standard rifle possibly because its what Guilford is more familiar with, since both times its been used a regular rifle would be the better option. Vincent probably could just take a spare Varis if it really needed on like how Lancelot used a regular rifle during the dock battle. Weapon's are swappable.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 22:08   Link #535
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Well, perhaps if the Vincent sees more action in larger numbers on Britannia's side of things we'll see something like the Varis with it.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 23:23   Link #536
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, perhaps if the Vincent sees more action in larger numbers on Britannia's side of things we'll see something like the Varis with it.
Well, I have a feeling the Varis might have being superseded by the Hadron cannon. Even though the Varis could change its offensive output freely, it is probably more practical to have the artillery support and normal rifle separated into different equipment.

Thus, it is possible we might never see Varis again. Perhaps it was originally designed as a stop-gap before the Hadron tech completes.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 23:01   Link #537
jtjr26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Does Mordred heavy weapon fire a Hadron cannon or is it a powerful beam cannon of some sort? Also in ep6 when Mordred was crushing the Gurren it was slashed right across the torso taking no damage, in previous encounters the sword used by the holy blades slashes through any KMF. Does Mordred just have heavier armor as it seems more of a siege design weapon, or is this a new material making older weapons less effective.
jtjr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 23:03   Link #538
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjr26 View Post
Does Mordred heavy weapon fire a Hadron cannon or is it a powerful beam cannon of some sort?
Four Hadron cannons put together.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:37   Link #539
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjr26 View Post
Also in ep6 when Mordred was crushing the Gurren it was slashed right across the torso taking no damage, in previous encounters the sword used by the holy blades slashes through any KMF. Does Mordred just have heavier armor as it seems more of a siege design weapon, or is this a new material making older weapons less effective.
It seems to be alot bulkier then other KMFs and also the slightly rounder and angled part of the Mordred's armour where the chain katana slashed across may have deflected the blade before it could catch onto it.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:42   Link #540
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
It seems to be alot bulkier then other KMFs and also the slightly rounder and angled part of the Mordred's armour where the chain katana slashed across may have deflected the blade before it could catch onto it.
As it was pointed out in another internet forum, it is a common habit for mecha designers to give the artillery weapon the heaviest armor. The assumption being they can't be that agile due to the oversized weapon anyway, as such mobility is further abandoned intentionally by giving it more armor than other types.

This has nothing to do with real life, but is still an ubiquitous assumption in fiction.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.