AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 13:25   Link #1481
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
If they have the time to rebuild it and refurbish it then they can give it its old pieces. Gino has an entire science division maintaining his mech, I'd imagine they have spares.

Here is an old post I made comparing the two:
the other thing i notice look at the tips.
There green a symbol of brittinian as red signifies Ootbk knightmares
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:30   Link #1482
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
If they have the time to rebuild it and refurbish it then they can give it its old pieces. Gino has an entire science division maintaining his mech, I'd imagine they have spares.

Here is an old post I made comparing the two:
It's just interesting why they would call it the "Tristan Twin" if all they changed was the wings, head and weapons.
Past those I don't see any difference.
I do see how transformation would be in question. His other weapons were stores in the wings. I don't see how he could store them and reach them in those wings. The weapons also look longer then the wings.

I could see why they would change the weapons if these are more powerful. He did have ax like weapons that formed together like a lance. The angle is kind of odd though. They could retract like the others.
They do look more like swords.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:31   Link #1483
Var
Banned

And Foxx, the face is entirely different from the old Tristan. It actually looks more like Galahad's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It's just interesting why they would call it the "Tristan Twin" if all they changed was the wings, head and weapons.
Past those I don't see any difference.
I do see how transformation would be in question. His other weapons were stores in the wings. I don't see how he could store them and reach them in those wings. The weapons also look longer then the wings.

I could see why they would change the weapons if these are more powerful. He did have ax like weapons that formed together like a lance. The angle is kind of odd though. They could retract like the others.
They do look more like swords.
Did they come out of his wings? I'm pretty sure his weapons come out of mech's upper body. In either case, his old weapons were dual scythes that connect into one long scythe. Swords are a completely different ball game to a mid-range weapon.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:35   Link #1484
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
And Foxx, the face is entirely different from the old Tristan. It actually looks more like Galahad's head.

Did they come out of his wings? I'm pretty sure his weapons come out of mech's upper body. In either case, his old weapons were dual scythes that connect into one long scythe. Swords are a completely different ball game to a mid-range weapon.
Does make you wonder why they would change the head unless the old one was lobbed off.
Still that's not fatal to the pilot.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:36   Link #1485
Var
Banned

Quote:
Does make you wonder why they would change the head unless the old one was lobbed off.
Still that's not fatal to the pilot.
Makes you wonder why they'd replace it with a seemingly identical yet very different head. There are factors that make it very strange in design choice. I doubt, for instance, that Gino's science devision keeps spares parts that are that level of different. Its not even the same head design aside from the horns. For instance, all pieces/parts replaced on the Lancelot are always identical. And the Albion, an entirely new model, is identical (mostly) to its predecessor.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:46   Link #1486
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Makes you wonder why they'd replace it with a seemingly identical yet very different head. There are factors that make it very strange in design choice. I doubt, for instance, that Gino's science devision keeps spares parts that are that level of different. Its not even the same head design aside from the horns. For instance, all pieces/parts replaced on the Lancelot are always identical. And the Albion, an entirely new model, is identical (mostly) to its predecessor.
What do you think about the odds that Knight of 12 pilots it? All she's done so far was pass on the "trifling" message.
If it's true that she's the pilot that doesn't speak well for Gino.
I think in 21 it's almost assured Bismark and the Galahad will be wiped out by Suzaku in the Albion. The rule seem to go that when a KMF first appears it wins with great ease.

I doubt these minor upgrades will make it compare to Albion and Guren SEITEN.

I wouldn't really mind Gino dying. He's never really added anything to the story.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:49   Link #1487
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
What do you think about the odds that Knight of 12 pilots it? All she's done so far was pass on the "trifling" message.
If it's true that she's the pilot that doesn't speak well for Gino.
I think in 21 it's almost assured Bismark and the Galahad will be wiped out by Suzaku in the Albion. The rule seem to go that when a KMF first appears it wins with great ease.

I doubt these minor upgrades will make it compare to Albion and Guren SEITEN.

I wouldn't really mind Gino dying. He's never really added anything to the story.
I don't think he'll die. Probably just some major injury or something. The new Tristan can't be THAT weak though.

But it's safe to say anything with the Energy Wings upgrade is gonna own almost anyone.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:13   Link #1488
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I don't think he'll die. Probably just some major injury or something. The new Tristan can't be THAT weak though.

But it's safe to say anything with the Energy Wings upgrade is gonna own almost anyone.
But the Tristan isn't getting Energy Wings. Albion is.

The current Tristan only met in a draw against the Shinkurou. Against Guren SEITEN the Tristan is nothing. The Tristan was even outmatched by the flight type Guren.
We still don't know how strong Albion is, but I bet it will triumph over the Galahad. It would be lame if in it's first fight the Albion doesn't win.
Maybe Gino escapes, tries to stop Suzaku, but gets damaged enough that they feel the need to alter it. With Albion in uber power mode and Suzaku with his care less attitude it doesn't bode well for Gino.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:18   Link #1489
Var
Banned

Quote:
Maybe Gino escapes, tries to stop Suzaku, but gets damaged enough that they feel the need to alter it. With Albion in uber power mode and Suzaku with his care less attitude it doesn't bode well for Gino.
Whats the point of altering a unit to make it as effective, if not less so, than before? Both sides have access to the Energy Wings technology now. It makes no sense to just rebuild the exact same unit. If you're going to be fixing it, might as well upgrade it.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:21   Link #1490
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Whats the point of altering a unit to make it as effective, if not less so, than before? Both sides have access to the Energy Wings technology now. It makes no sense to just rebuild the exact same unit. If you're going to be fixing it, might as well upgrade it.
Not everyone can bring out the full potential of the Energy Wing technology, likely. Which is probably why Lloyd freaked out when there was something other than Suzaku who was capable of bringing out its potential. Arguably, the Energy Wing is what makes the SEITEN and Albion so effective. Plus, since the Tristan is not in Lloyd and Cecile's jurisdiction, they can't upgrade it since the techs who built Tristan probably wouldn't want them to--look at Lakshata's reaction to her mech being modified.

Then, there's the whole logical reason that if every side equipped Energy Wings on their mechs, a giant glowing pinball battle would look utterly fucking ridiculous.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:22   Link #1491
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not everyone can bring out the full potential of the Energy Wing technology, likely. Which is probably why Lloyd freaked out when there was something other than Suzaku who was capable of bringing out its potential. Arguably, the Energy Wing is what makes the SEITEN and Albion so effective.
Seeing as how Gino is an equal if not better pilot than Suzaku, that point falls short.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:23   Link #1492
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Seeing as how Gino is an equal if not better pilot than Suzaku, that point falls short.
Yeah, realized that, which is why I added to my post.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:31   Link #1493
Var
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, realized that, which is why I added to my post.
Fair enough points, but why would Gino's own department replace parts (which they most certainly have many in reserve for) with completely different parts?
Old 2008-08-26, 14:33   Link #1494
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That I can't answer. With the revelation that the Lancelot Albion is an entirely different suit, and considering the name of the new Tristan, I'm personally of the belief that the Tristan Twin is a separate unit, rather than a remodeled upgrade.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:33   Link #1495
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Fair enough points, but why would Gino's own department replace parts (which they most certainly have many in reserve for) with completely different parts?
well look at the flight pack it has green tips not red ones.
it seems odd
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:34   Link #1496
Var
Banned

Quote:
That I can't answer. With the revelation that the Lancelot Albion is an entirely different suit, and considering the name of the new Tristan, I'm personally of the belief that the Tristan Twin is a separate unit, rather than a remodeled upgrade.
Oh I am of the same idea, but I do not think Gino will be its pilot. I doubt the KoR have backup mechs just sitting around, nor can they be built on the fly. The Albion has been getting worked on for a long time if Lloyd is to be believed. And we know Lloyd is a maniac with making better mechs, whereas no one has been presented in a similar light.
Old 2008-08-26, 14:41   Link #1497
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Oh I am of the same idea, but I do not think Gino will be its pilot. I doubt the KoR have backup mechs just sitting around, nor can they be built on the fly. The Albion has been getting worked on for a long time if Lloyd is to be believed. And we know Lloyd is a maniac with making better mechs, whereas no one has been presented in a similar light.
When has Lloyd given us any reason to doubt his word? The idea that the Tristan being piloted by Dorothea or Nonnette seems plausible to me. Also, one of Lloyd's actions in the end of season 1 gave me this idea: spare parts. It could be that Tristan's techs have some new parts they plan to add to the Tristan, but can't for whatever reason. So what do they do? Plug all of the spare parts together and equip the new parts to them, resulting in a Tristan Twin. And then if one of the Knights of Rounds needs it, they just shove her into it and throw them out into the battlefield. Or maybe Gino's Tristan gets destroyed, and the recover him and field him again in the Tristan Twin.

Frankly, there's too many possibilities to contemplate, so I'll just wait until we see it in action and cheer it on as it makes its debut. I'm not gonna hurt my brain thinking about what could be.
Old 2008-08-28, 01:05   Link #1498
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I've come up with a pretty good scenario for this new Tristan (I think....)

Tristan goes into battle, gets damaged but the BKs retrieves it. Laksharta, being the mech-whore she is decides to repair it just for the helluva it, but she wasn't able to restore it to its original state because the BKs didn't have the right parts. The new Tristan will sport BK style wings and twin swords salvaged from its original harkens.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 01:06   Link #1499
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post

Tristan goes into battle, gets damaged but the BKs retrieves it. Laksharta, being the mech-whore she is decides to repair it just for the helluva it, but she wasn't able to restore it to its original state because the BKs didn't have the right parts. The new Tristan will sport BK style wings and twin swords salvaged from its original harkens.
That fit until the end. Its harkens are intact. The swords and float unit are all that were replaced, so it can't have taken too much damage in whatever scenario gets it into the repair bay.
Old 2008-08-28, 01:07   Link #1500
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post

No energy wings=failure.

Tags
mecha