AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-05-05, 05:07   Link #481
Julius Firefocht

Anime merchandise in Philippines?

Hi, I will be visiting Philippines for a business trip quite soon, and I was thinking of grabbing some souvenirs for my friends. So, can any Animesuki members from the Philippines please tell me where I can go to buy anime merchandise?

Also, are there any bootleg or pirated anime merchandise being sold in Manila? I am worried that I will end up buying bootleg products instead of the real thing.

Thanks in advance!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 05:37   Link #482
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Hi, I will be visiting Philippines for a business trip quite soon, and I was thinking of grabbing some souvenirs for my friends. So, can any Animesuki members from the Philippines please tell me where I can go to buy anime merchandise?

Also, are there any bootleg or pirated anime merchandise being sold in Manila? I am worried that I will end up buying bootleg products instead of the real thing.

Thanks in advance!
Best place to buy them are in Greenhills. Go ask for the shops Greattoysonline.com, Bestoys and Wasabitoys, and don't worry they don't sell bootleg items there.

BTW. Where are you from?
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 05:44   Link #483
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For pure anime stuff try the Comic Alley branches. For rarer, more non-mainstream stuff try CS Central in Makati (I forget where in Makati, but I found a Pandora Hearts pendant on sale ).

If you want to make sure everything's legit you can try the big chain toy stores in the Robinson's and SM malls, but those are purely mainstream so all you're likely to see are Naruto and Bleach stuff.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 06:17   Link #484
Julius Firefocht

I see. My thanks for the replies so far. I will definitely pop by the places that are recommended.

Speaking of which, out of personal curiosity. Is piracy of anime merchandise very rampant in Philippines/Manila? I've been to some shops in parts of Malaysia and I literally could not find officially licensed anime merchandise. It was bootleg/fake merchandise galore, with tons of Nendroid and Figma knockoffs.

Is the situation in Philippines/Manila as bad as that?

@Chiu_fan: I am from Singapore.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2010-05-05, 08:12   Link #485
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
I see. My thanks for the replies so far. I will definitely pop by the places that are recommended.

Speaking of which, out of personal curiosity. Is piracy of anime merchandise very rampant in Philippines/Manila? I've been to some shops in parts of Malaysia and I literally could not find officially licensed anime merchandise. It was bootleg/fake merchandise galore, with tons of Nendroid and Figma knockoffs.

Is the situation in Philippines/Manila as bad as that?
If you go to the shops I recommended you, you wont have to worry, bought quite a few stuff there. Also bring A LOT of money if your planning to buy anything fancy in those shops. I got my Alter Akiyama Mio for about P6000.

Quote:
@Chiu_fan: I am from Singapore.
I've been there two years ago, I had a hard time locating shops that sells anime related products there. By the end of my one week stay, I bought 7 plamo kits(Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Nadleeh, Virtue, Graham's custom flag and the Over Flag), all bought from the same shop. Those were the only things I saw that was of interest to me, didn't find any figs on my trip.

I'll probably take another trip there, do you know the shops that sell anime merchandise there?
Old 2010-05-05, 13:12   Link #486
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
If you go to the shops I recommended you, you wont have to worry, bought quite a few stuff there. Also bring A LOT of money if your planning to buy anything fancy in those shops. I got my Alter Akiyama Mio for about P6000.

I've been there two years ago, I had a hard time locating shops that sells anime related products there. By the end of my one week stay, I bought 7 plamo kits(Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Nadleeh, Virtue, Graham's custom flag and the Over Flag), all bought from the same shop. Those were the only things I saw that was of interest to me, didn't find any figs on my trip.

I'll probably take another trip there, do you know the shops that sell anime merchandise there?
Yeah, I do. There is KKnM in Sunshine Plaza, and a whole group of shops in a shopping centre called China Square Central.

Most of these shops are separated out quite far from each other though, so it's going to take some effort if you want to visit every shop.
~~~~~

Old 2010-05-06, 03:17   Link #487
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Yeah, I do. There is KKnM in Sunshine Plaza, and a whole group of shops in a shopping centre called China Square Central.

Most of these shops are separated out quite far from each other though, so it's going to take some effort if you want to visit every shop.
Thanks for sharing info. I will probably take another visit there maybe by Sept. or by next year.

Hope you find what you are looking for in those shops I recommended.
Old 2010-05-16, 09:28   Link #488
Meloria

Are there any recommended sites and/or sellers on Amazon.co.uk & Play.com where I can import anime DVDs to the UK, where I can guarantee the item will come properly and securely packaged? Does Amazon.com themselves send items out of the US to the UK and packaged well?

I ordered Baccano from one seller which arrived fine, but in a jiffy bag. I tried them again with Slayers (3 Season Collection) which came in a cardboard envelope. All the casing got shattered at one corner and the box bent. Unmotivating. But since the US has a lot more anime choice than in the UK, I don't have much choice other than wait for R2's otherwise.
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 06:43   Link #489
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Why don't you just order from United Publications as they are UK based and depending on what (or how much) you order it'll either come in a jiffy bag (mainly for single items but not box sets) or in a box with extra packing to protect the items.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 08:53   Link #490
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Best place to buy them are in Greenhills. Go ask for the shops Greattoysonline.com, Bestoys and Wasabitoys, and don't worry they don't sell bootleg items there.
I'm not the one you answered but thanks anyway, for mentioning those stores at Greenhills. I never thought there are such places.
It's hard finding anime shops in the Philippines that sell other things besides mainstream merchandise.

*you get a cookie
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 05:50   Link #491
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I'm not the one you answered but thanks anyway, for mentioning those stores at Greenhills. I never thought there are such places.
It's hard finding anime shops in the Philippines that sell other things besides mainstream merchandise.

*you get a cookie
Glad to help.
Old 2010-07-03, 01:42   Link #492
LMF

Big Lots!

Anime volume for $3.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 19:15   Link #493
EvaForever

Is there any other store in u.s that sells Japanese language manga besides sasuga books. Thanks
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 20:54   Link #494
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaForever View Post
Is there any other store in u.s that sells Japanese language manga besides sasuga books. Thanks
Kinokuniya
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 17:32   Link #495
Dextro
He Without a Title

Guys I'm trying to find the Full Metal Panic novels here in the EU (the english translations by TokyoPOP) but I've yet to find them anywere reliable (even less anything remotely cheap).
Old 2010-08-18, 19:18   Link #496
EvaForever

Thank you.
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 05:44   Link #497
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Guys I'm trying to find the Full Metal Panic novels here in the EU (the english translations by TokyoPOP) but I've yet to find them anywere reliable (even less anything remotely cheap).
Well I've just done a dive around the usual sites and it looks like all the volumes that were available are now out of print and all I can find are pre-orders for the forth book which isn't out for another six months.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:19   Link #498
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Well I've just done a dive around the usual sites and it looks like all the volumes that were available are now out of print and all I can find are pre-orders for the forth book which isn't out for another six months.
Yeah I noticed that, hence why I asked if anyone had any ideas. It's odd, you would think they would push the old ones to help make a couple of bucks more during the release of the 4th.
Old 2010-09-17, 03:27   Link #499
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Maybe Ill just put this here ..

Are there any Nanoha artbooks out there ? I usually buy from Amazon.co.jp so I'd prefer if it could be ordered from there. Since I can't read japanese though, finding something specific of a series like Artbooks ain't easy feat.

Artbook or TV guide / fanbook is fine too. Preferably of the StrikerS season but any will do.

Also for a friend, are there Lucky Star artbooks / fanbook thingies ?

And lastly, I am looking for the Miyama Zero illustrations artbook. I have the first one, and I want the second one, but it is out of stock on Amazon . Any alternative places I could order this one from ?
Old 2010-09-17, 20:32   Link #500
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Maybe Ill just put this here ..

Are there any Nanoha artbooks out there ? I usually buy from Amazon.co.jp so I'd prefer if it could be ordered from there. Since I can't read japanese though, finding something specific of a series like Artbooks ain't easy feat.

Artbook or TV guide / fanbook is fine too. Preferably of the StrikerS season but any will do.

Also for a friend, are there Lucky Star artbooks / fanbook thingies ?

And lastly, I am looking for the Miyama Zero illustrations artbook. I have the first one, and I want the second one, but it is out of stock on Amazon . Any alternative places I could order this one from ?
There are a few on HobbySearch but they're mostly sold out. You could sign up for the waiting list, though: http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?T...0&itkey=nanoha
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime