AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-28, 14:28   Link #21
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Of course. And this is definitely -- IMO -- better than either. And more overwhelming to me than even the previous episodes of Haruhi.
Okay; I'll look forward to it.. ; ) If you didn't watch it on TV, you'd better be participating in its dissemination now.. because it's so slow. :~<

What arc does this cover, though?
Old 2006-05-28, 14:45   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Okay; I'll look forward to it.. ; ) If you didn't watch it on TV, you'd better be participating in its dissemination now.. because it's so slow. :~< What arc does this cover, though?
Sorry, I don't have the same file that's being torrented, and my file isn't good enough to make a new torrent for. As for what arc: darned if I know. It's after the movie, and it's wintry and raining. Check out Random Curiosity.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:17   Link #23
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Slow seeds makes Haruhi cry.
I'm really looking forward to this episode since the reviews have been extremely mixed from extremely positive to disappointingly low, plus it's the "last" episode.

Does this episode give any indication at all for a 2nd season? I'd be sad to see such a wonderful production given such a short run. *Gets shivers imagining a new OP and ED for Haruhi*
Old 2006-05-28, 15:25   Link #24
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
What arc does this cover, though?
From what I've read on blogs (I haven't really read the novels myself aside from some light skimming), this story appears to take place right before the contents of volume 4.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:35   Link #25
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX
Slow seeds makes Haruhi cry.
I'm really looking forward to this episode since the reviews have been extremely mixed from extremely positive to disappointingly low, plus it's the "last" episode.
At this speed it'll be at least 2-3 hours before peers get complete files. They just don't have a sufficient distribution backbone to handle BT file dissemination; I'm not sure why people haven't learned how to fully utilize BT.

Gah. Gah. Gah. Guess I'll just watch it in the evening.
Old 2006-05-28, 16:26   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Maybe somebody forgot to turn on Superseed.
Old 2006-05-28, 17:37   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

On 2channel, SHnY has just passed triple the number of posts of Fate/Stay Night:
~251064 to ~83330 = ~3.013x. I think I started watching this tally when SHnY had around half the number of posts. In the 7.5 hours since the episode started airing, there have been approximately 3000 posts.

I haven't read much of what people are posting there, but opinion appears to be split, as I expect it will be here. The kind of humour in this episode is just what I like -- even the excruciating (and excruciatingly funny) scene of Yuki reading alone in the club room with voices filtering in from next door. But other people's mileage may justifiably vary.

For me, this and episodes 1 and 2 are the best of the series so far (in that order).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-28, 19:20   Link #28
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Wow. 1 seeder and 2000 leeches. I've never seen anything like it.
Old 2006-05-28, 19:44   Link #29
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Maybe somebody forgot to turn on Superseed.
Ya know what... I ****ed up... I forgot to turn it on. I usually have it off because I don't need on my LAN connection at school.

I'm home for the week on a crappy 15Mbit/2Mbit cable connection... GIVE ME A BREAK.

I'M SORRY!
Old 2006-05-28, 19:45   Link #30
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Ya know what... I ****ed up... I forgot to turn it on. I usually have it off because I don't need on my LAN connection at school.

I'm home for the week on a crappy 15Mbit/2Mbit cable connection... GIVE ME A BREAK.

I'M SORRY!
You know we still love you
Old 2006-05-28, 20:20   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Wow that was a Budget Buster.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-28, 20:33   Link #32
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks

I'M SORRY!
Don't you check the progress (at least at the start)?

PS Poor-mans super-seed: deliberately limit max number of connected peers to very small number (like 10-20).

Of course, it'd also help if all clients had automatic detection of when they should optimise for seeding, and good config for that.

PPS Best line of this week's ep: Kyon: Mikuru changed while I was asleep? Damn! I really was asleep - I should have pretended to be asleep!
(or something like that)
Old 2006-05-28, 20:37   Link #33
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Let's see...
I cant' identify the cardgame, can anyone?
Tsundere Gunslinger III?! Interesting taste these ppl have.
The animation quality is really great...
cosplay freak Haruhi shows no reservation whatsoever. In the words of Kyon from previous eps... like some evil fedual lord.

(The warmup lines are just hilerious to hear)
Tsuruya-san needs even more role... I agree.
This episode in some way is redemption to lack of Mikuru... although Haruhi continues to surprise me... despite having read about the exploits.
Haruhi not anticipating Kyon waking up was interesting.
When Haruhi was getting dressed to go home... I noticed what Kaoru Chuko was talking about with the hands. Kyon and Haruhi's movements are detailed... very well done.
The last scene of course seals the deal.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-28, 20:46   Link #34
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Wow that was a Budget Buster.
Spoiler:
It also explains why there was the 3 minute reading scene!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need much money for that. They probably relocated funds proportionately.
Old 2006-05-28, 20:50   Link #35
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
scene of Yuki reading alone in the club room with voices filtering in from next door. But other people's mileage may justifiably vary.
That's the radio.
====================================

Anyway, one sentence to describe this episode for me:
I have never seen such an interesting episode where absolutely nothing happens.

Really, it's almost as if they took a page right out of the SOS-dan's daily life and animated that. There are no supernatural events, heck, there are no events, period.

In return, the episode was very soothing to watch, the "ordinary-ness" of SOS-dan's one day makes it much easier for us to immerse ourselves in the characters' lives.

There's no mistake that this episode was meant to be an "epilogue", since it's the last episode in the time-line series. In that respect, I think it was very well done. This episode served as an important reminder that "this is what our daily lives are really all about".

(Also, notice how the camera become fixed in the club room when Kyon's no longer aound ^^; )

Spoiler for highlights:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-28 at 21:27.
Old 2006-05-28, 21:07   Link #36
Cardcaptor

Wow, this episode reminded me of the last episode of Gun Parade March: they set in about the same time of the year, and have very similar atmosphere. Oh, didn't I mention that I like this episode a lot? (Except for that three minute Nagato reading thing though...) The Haruhi-deredere scene convinced me that she's the best Tsundere ever. (She beats Shibamura Mai by a notch.)

By the way, Sushi-Y, seriously, why don't you keep an anime blog?
Old 2006-05-28, 21:15   Link #37
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardcaptor
Wow, this episode reminded me of the last episode of Gun Parade March: they set in about the same time of the year, and have very similar atmosphere. Oh, didn't I mention that I like this episode a lot? (Except for that three minute Nagato reading thing though...) The Haruhi-deredere scene convinced me that she's the best Tsundere ever. (She beats Shibamura Mai by a notch.)

By the way, Sushi-Y, seriously, why don't you keep an anime blog?
Best tsundere ever? .. mmm..

**COUGH WHEEZ COUGH**SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TOPIC FOR POLL**COUGH WHEEZ COUGH**

She is teh pure awesome, though. If this episode doesn't convert Kaioshin, I suggest he be strung and hung The part where she hands Kyon the umbrella without directly looking at him is incredibly adorable. Like many others, I think I've contracted the tsundere virus..

Last edited by arias; 2006-05-28 at 21:59.
Old 2006-05-28, 21:44   Link #38
Pakxenon
popcorn

Excellent "final" episode. It felt really calm, melancholous, and moving. This episode will have people anticipating season 2! XD

Melancholy IV will ROCK (hopefully)!

Oh ya. Downloading the raw took 6 hours with about 400 people finishing within 10 minutes. That's how bad it was. XD
Old 2006-05-28, 21:46   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Yeah it was a nice episode, except for the whole reading thing (I kept hearing that piece of classical music where EVA-01 and the dead Kaworu stand there for like 2 minutes and I thought my computer froze). I really liked seeing Haruhi gradually turn into a more caring person (although she seems really embarassed about it). She does a lot of the things she did earlier on in the series (dressing up Mikuru and bossing Kyon around), except this time you can tell its not mean spirited and more like a nostalgic trip through the past before she crosses over completely into the dere phase.

This and episode 8 showed me that Haruhi isn't really a cruel sadastic bitch after all, she's just confused and disoriented like most teenagers that age. I never went through that phase personally when I was 15, because I've always enjoyed a lower High-Class lifestyle where everything I wanted always seems to come my way. I had a fairly stress-free high school life and always had free time on my hands, so I guess I couldn't see what was going on with Haruhi wasn't her being mean, but that she needed some guidance and friends who understood her. I admit I misjudged her character greatly, possibly due to the first impression she gave in episode 2 which really stuck for a long time. I'm glad it turned out this way. Finally, I'm not converting to Haruhism, I have no religion and I can't possibly have one that doesn't even have a foundation other than ambigous text that appears in the opening animation, but I like to talk about them because religious texts make for some of the most interesting reads I've ever experienced. However, I would like to see a second season.

I've warmed up considerably to this type of anime, I never thought I would enjoy a semi-romantic romp through high school life, but here we are, it makes me somehow satisifed to see the evolution of Haruhi's character. If anyone has any other reccomendations of anime like this, I'll listen, PM me.
Old 2006-05-28, 22:35   Link #40
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
just watched the raw, it's sad but it really does look like a FINAL episode...but its a good thing that ep 4 is up next where...

Spoiler:
Closed Thread