AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-22, 15:37   Link #781
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nope. All the surrounding villages were exterminated by the Theocracy, and their survivors regrouped in Carne. Enri tried to recruit new villagers in E-Rantel, but was unsuccessful.
I don't think she has to worry about that anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I was half expecting his armor to be able to turn into a constellation when not being worn .
Oh snap, I thought it reminded me of something...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 17:35   Link #782
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
SPLATisode 12 PV "normal" version
It's funny how i was spoiled by this word by having read the Youjo Senki x Overlord aniversary chapter a few months ago..lol. Luckily, i'm not very good at visualizing the stuff i read (it's one of the reasons why i dislike reading books ) so i believe it's still going to feel something i'm watching for the first time. But i'm having my doubts Madhouse can pull that scene off. I predict an horrible direction, rushed pace and ugly CGI at it's finest
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 23:52   Link #783
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't think she has to worry about that anymore...
She has to worry about that more. She's got thousands of mouths to feed. A single village can't support her army in the long term.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 05:40   Link #784
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
She has to worry about that more. She's got thousands of mouths to feed. A single village can't support her army in the long term.
Which means: "Ainz-sama, tasukete!"
Old 2018-09-23, 06:32   Link #785
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Not a problem when she can just find the evil dictator and lick his boots for a help and Ainz will help her by plundering the next nation under the name of Ainz Oown Goal.

Demiurge: Sasuga Ainz-sama!!!!!!!!!!! Using Enri's request as a cover to invade other nation. Truly brilliant!!

Ainz: Thank you. Thank you. Sometimes, even myself afraid of my godly intellect.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 09:51   Link #786
eiyuuou

オーバーロード外伝 Overlord Gaiden: Enri Conquest
A story of a normal village girl turning into a conqueror.
Rumors say her life changed 720 deg when she met her savior, an enigmatic sorcerer calling himself Ainz Ooal Gown.
Old 2018-09-24, 08:46   Link #787
Yan3242

Quote:
Ainz will... find a way i guess? I mean she and several other are under nazarick protection.

after the goblin army stunt that enri pull, her standing and village value probably double in nazarick eye now, and when ainz finally create his kingdom, no doubt carne village is also included as part of it.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 09:08   Link #788
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Ainz will... find a way i guess? I mean she and several other are under nazarick protection.

after the goblin army stunt that enri pull, her standing and village value probably double in nazarick eye now, and when ainz finally create his kingdom, no doubt carne village is also included as part of it.
They can have whatever mr Roach's children won't eat.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 19:43   Link #789
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
From what we've seen, Ainz isn't even fixing any corruption in the system either.
From what we have seen.
But that's only because up to this point in the anime, the Sorcerer Kingdom doesn't yet exist. Currently he just have the Tomb, and the Tomb is entirely obedient to him.

Ainz can't remove corruption from systems of other nations and peoples he doesn't actually rule over. Judge him when he does.

There are a lot of things I want to say about both what Ainz wants from his future Empire, and what the author intended to show in the plot. These two are related but not identical. Pity this thread is anime only. I might go to the novel thread instead for that.
Old 2018-09-25, 02:32   Link #790
Yan3242

Quote:
I was half expecting his armor to be able to turn into a constellation when not being worn .
Now we know bronze saint is only at gazef power level

I guess ainz floor guardian is at god cloth level then.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 12:42   Link #791
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I could handle the goblin CGI to a certain degree, but Episode 12 was pretty mediocre in its general sense, and that's coming from someone who didn't read the LN, so I can't imagine how disppointing this episode might look for a LN reader.

For starter, the scale was pretty badly handled: the initial part of the spell was supposed to annihilate 70K soldiers, but it felt like a mere thousands visually speaking. But then, things went even more underwhelming with slow walking "goats", absence of blood, pretty tame "screams" in the backgrounds that were played only for a very short period and so forth. It doesn't help that the soldiers were all faceless CGI goons, which means that there wasn't any terror being visible on them. Heck, their running animation looked like dolls instead of soldiers fleeing for their life.

The storboard couldn't even alleviate those issues either. Aside of the cuts with Gazeff, everything else felt incredibly dull.
The "massacre" didn't feel like one. at all. There wasn't any sense of terror or death to put it bluntly. In comparison, the lizardmen struggle felt way more on point, even though the scale was like 100 times smaller than this one.
Old 2018-09-25, 13:14   Link #792
eiyuuou

so it wasn't a massacre depicted as the episode implied but just a small scaled killing?
Old 2018-09-25, 13:23   Link #793
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, it was a massacre of ten thousands or even hundred thousands. But the way how the anime portrayed it was pretty tame and crude.
Old 2018-09-25, 14:10   Link #794
Nymene

Japanese posters at Yaraon are also complaining about the horrible CG used in this episode

Is Madhouse really that short on the production budget, or do they think that since the source material is already selling well that they don't have to spend much on this anime since the source is selling well anyways.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 14:26   Link #795
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Japanese posters at Yaraon are also complaining about the horrible CG used in this episode

Is Madhouse really that short on the production budget, or do they think that since the source material is already selling well that they don't have to spend much on this anime since the source is selling well anyways.
Wouldn't that make sense only if they don't care about DVD/BluRay sale.
Old 2018-09-25, 15:14   Link #796
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

As an LN reader, I spent the months since the announcement of Season 3 eagerly expecting this episode. I saw the horrible CG in some episodes even back in Season 2 and especially in Season 3 and I admit that I was one of those suckers that actually believed that "They must be saving the budget for SPLAT". I was hopeful that they would if not make justice to the LN, at least do a good and solid effort toward it.

This episode was so disappointing that it actually broke my heart.

It's not that I'm some psycho that wanted a true massacre... but this chapter in the LN is something I've read multiple times and you can really feel the confusion and desperation of the humans on both sides. This is a truly glorious moment where the world learns first-hand of what Ainz is truly capable of and how outmatched everyone is. The Dark Young (the goats) were described rather vividly and popped off the page - they were sickening and scary.

I've been apologizing and defending for the anime and Madhouse for a long time now. Even the goblin army last episode, I gave them a major pass... but this? Rather than be angry, I really am just deeply disappointed and sad. Overlord is one of my favorite series of all time and seeing it get this kind of treatment is truly heartbreaking.

Spoiler for What could have been...:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 17:33   Link #797
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Extremely disappointing massacre, but I should've known better given the previous episodes.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 18:21   Link #798
DemonneoPT

I was promised a SPLATpisode but i did not see any splat. Literally, no soldier was squashed by those dark monsters. I did not see any massacre. Just one of the worst CGI mixed with goat sounds and some dead bodies that for some reason appeared in the background without we actually see how they died from the monsters. Nice censorship, outstanding pace, fantastic piece of animation, masterpiece of horror, mad skills in directing an epic scene from the original source into an anime episode. Bravo!!! I'm impressed Madhouse! I see that the saving budget argument was spot on!

Absolutelly ridiculous. I did not read the LN, but i read the Youjo Senki x Overlord aniversary chapter and i know the spell Ainz did there was the same as the one in today's episode. I fail to understand how it's possible to translate SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT X100 into the shit i just saw....

I knew that having extra seasons would come with a catch. This is Berserk all over again. I can't believe i'm going to say this, but i no longer am looking forward for the next possible Overlord season. It's literaly unwatchable at this point. This is proof of how fucked up anime industry is these days. They do not even have budget to animate a title that sells like hot cakes. This really makes me appreciate Boku no Hero Academia or Shingeki no Kyojin even more. Rare pieces of good looking animation and overall nice directing and pace. Overlord anime is a joke! Only the OST is worth praising.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 18:22   Link #799
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Eh it was OK. People seem to exaggerate the negative points.

The only weak points were CGI soldiers (I have no problem with the Dark Young). But I watched all of Kingdom season 1, so this little tiny bit of CGI was really not a too big deal to me.

As for the "censorship": I expected the censorship for the army. I remember other anime with battlefields to have been treated similarily, like was done with Kingdom and GATE:JSDF. The Hyarkuren something something Valkyria isekai from this season was also not too bloody.

I suspect there's probably some law forbidding such a scene with full gore. Could trigger bad memories about certain... events of mass destruction in Japan over 70 years ago... or maybe I am completely wrong and they do this out of courtesy or maybe not even that, but considering how they all hold back from animating bloody battlefields, I am getting the impression that this is the case.

The only thing I kinda wished for would be to make the weather become more cloudy when the Dark Young appear or something, but considering they are elditrich abominations, they are supposed to be more bizzare and confusing rather than terrifying and destructive.
Old 2018-09-25, 18:29   Link #800
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Damn. What a disappointing episode that was. I guess I'll just wait for the manga version of that scene
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote